Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara (67574 Views)

We Will Take Kwara From Saraki Says Mc-Oluomo (video) / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara / Chief Imam Thanks Saraki For Saving His Life The Chief Imam Of Ilorin, Imam Moh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 1:47am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
Good luck with that. I can guarantee you this will just disintegrates Nigeria. Stuff like this usually not done peacefully. Brothers killing brothers. If SW had resembled New York City ECONOMICALLY I can see why they would want their silly agitation. But it is still the same shit hole with lots of things they should worry about. Fix roads, fix healthcare, fix pension, retirement, workers comp, insurance, electricity, disabled, veterans, standards hospitals including emergency response team, railroads etc. But they worry about irrelevant stuff.

Again, you guys keep talking about Fulani emirate, at no point I care about that crap. There is peace in that region and you guys need not start ethnic war cus not all Yoruba will support this bullshit.

As Fulani miscreants if that's what people are concerned about, if your Yoruba leaders would want kwara it is Fulani they would have speak up against killings. Why do you think they would support your alleged agitation?. Those Yoruba obas only worry about their mouths.

They should be the one voicing out not lazy youths. There is no way this so called Oduduwa republic would be achieved without affecting ilorin. Hence, another Muslim majority region in chaos and you sob would start making fun of muslims. So you can suck your Oduduwa republic where sun doesn't shine cheesy
what are u talking about are u saying their agitation is not just
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:49am On May 10, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol....like ibos don't eat amala.... However upon our zeal for the Quran, you fulanis still don't respect we yoruba Muslims, why??
because according to foolanis , you are infidel and slave
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:51am On May 10, 2018
Odingo1:
This is the very reason Yorubas are so agitated more than Hausas-Fulani anytime they see IPOB agitation for Biafra, if Biafra leaves Nigeria, just imagine how life will be for Yorubas and Middle belt in Nigeria. In Nigeria they are under Igbo protection and also the middle belt are under Igbo protection.

It is only Igbo people can challenge the core Northerner's eye ball to eye ball, imagine all the massacre in the middle belt, none of them have raise their head up to challenge Buhari led Nigerian forces that is providing undercover work for the jihadist herdsmen..
don't mind the cowards
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 2:00am On May 10, 2018
Moneywomen17:
what are u talking about are u saying their agitation is not just
You SW citizens aren't even just to yourselves. You should be agitating for everything I mentioned which are basic needs. Kwara is largely a Yorubaland. So I don't see what you guys want. You just wanna cause problems.

Mind you, I am Yoruba. You guys don't know your priorities
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 2:09am On May 10, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Watch how vultures will come and blame igbos for this grin cheesy
if they don't blame the Igbos, do you want them to blame their slave masters?
who give them the power to abuse their forever masters?

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 2:09am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
You SW citizens aren't even just to yourselves. You should be agitating for everything I mentioned which are basic needs. Kwara is largely a Yorubaland. So I don't see what you guys want. You just wanna cause problems.

Mind you, I am Yoruba. You guys don't know your priorities
u are not Yoruba but aboki. Ur continue use of u guys point to someone with a different identity. Trying to regain ur rightful land is always a priority. Ilorin is a mistake that has to be corrected whether now or whenever it will never stop till it is corrected, it is evident in the fact that ilorin indigen have revolted twice themself so my Fulani brother sit tight it will surely happen and if u are “Yoruba” like u claim am u have a home in sokoto coz that’s where Yoruba like u belong
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 2:11am On May 10, 2018
2016v2017:

if they don't blame the Igbos, do you want them to blame their slave masters?
who give them the power to abuse their forever masters?
read the beginning of this page ibo started insulting the Yoruba. Yoruba only respond if no ibo drag themselves into the thread nobody will mention them.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 2:39am On May 10, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u are not Yoruba but aboki.
grin LOL Must a yoruba support this nonsense?

Moneywomen17:
Ur continue use of u guys point to someone with a different identity.
"You guys" denotes dissents a k a trouble makers.

Moneywomen17:
Trying to regain ur rightful land is always a priority.
This is the point. Regain land from who?. Ilorin and by extension, Kwara is Yoruba land by large percentage. So from whom should Yoruba regain their land?. from Yoruba right?. This is not Israeli-Palestine. This is one country, NIGERIA.

Moneywomen17:
Ilorin is a mistake that has to be corrected whether now or whenever it will never stop till it is corrected,
Mistake?. I still dont get you guys. ilorin is typical example of DIVERSITY. We need diversity. Look, Western world is diverse. What do you guys want other than causing problems?. 9jakool already handsomely posted how many fulani already absorbed into yoruba culture.

Moneywomen17:
it is evident in the fact that ilorin indigen have revolted twice themself so my Fulani brother sit tight it will surely happen and if u are “Yoruba” like u claim am u have a home in sokoto coz that’s where Yoruba like u belong
Nigeria is ONE. I am not supporting any cessation. You are together and there is nothing you can do about it. USA fought Germans to avoid speaking their language and other languages. That's why they settled for one ENGLISH. But since Nigerians are unable to do away with their culture and language differences, you just gonna have to manage and work together. You are black. Hence, basic needs of the people is of utmost important than crap you guys are promoting. You think it will change anything if the country is divided into 3 different countries after decades of integration?. Bunch of Hausas-FUlani in SW, SE EE. Bunch of Igbo in the North and Yoruba too everywhere in the country. And they all called their respective places HOME. So whats this nonsense you guys are promoting?
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by OkutaNla: 2:44am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
Good luck with that. I can guarantee you this will just disintegrates Nigeria. Stuff like this usually not done peacefully. Brothers killing brothers. If SW had resembled New York City ECONOMICALLY I can see why they would want their silly agitation. But it is still the same shit hole with lots of things they should worry about. Fix roads, fix healthcare, fix pension, retirement, workers comp, insurance, electricity, disabled, veterans, standards hospitals including emergency response team, railroads etc. But they worry about irrelevant stuff.

Your submission is so incoherent that it's not even making any sense. Why should the demand of Yoruba-speaking Kwara and Yoruba-speaking Kogi to be joined with their kith and kin in the SW disintegrate Nigeria? Haven't states been split/created in the past based on agitations of ethnic groups? How can there be development when some people are feeling disenfranchised? You speak like a brainwashed Northern slave who is content with remaining a slave. You are in no position to speak for the SW mr. Your Northern masters have created a system that has retard.ed the progress of the Southern part of the country. #Fact. The difference between the North and South is like Night and Day. The South values Western education, while the North regards it as 'Haram', the North depends on the resources of the South to survive and as a result is scared to restructure the country because it is afraid to stand alone. SW is not afraid to stand-alone. SW does not have to become NEw York economically to stand alone. The economy of Lagos alone (located in the same SW) is BIGGER than that of Kenya (Kenya is the dominant country in East AFrica with the largest economy), that is just one state out of 6 in the entire SW. Ogun is the most industrialized state in Nigeria. If just one state in our region is bigger than the best economy in East AFrica then the SW is more than capable of running its own affairs. I can guarantee you that if we (SW) had control over our own resources and revenues (without having to send it to Abuja so that your Northern masters can take the chunk of it and share/redistribute to their unproductive states), we would be able to provide uninterrupted electricity and run a better and more efficient system within maximum of a decade. We were rapidly developing at our own pace as a semi-autonomous region right before and shortly after independence until the military incursion, so all that nonsense you are yapping is coming from your slavish medula oblongata.

Again, you guys keep talking about Fulani emirate, at no point I care about that crap. There is peace in that region and you guys need not start ethnic war cus not all Yoruba will support this bullshit.

I know you couldn't have typed the above crap with a straight face. Peace in which region?? Region where Fulani herdsmen are their overlords and untouchables? There can be no peace where there's injustice. The mere fact that there is agitation alone buttresses that fact. Left to me I really don't give a fvck about Ilorin and its Yoruba deniers. I stopped caring about them a long time ago. But I do care about the helpless and frustrated Yorubas (who are proud of their cultural heritage and don't suffer from an identity crisis) who long to be reunited with their SW brethren, and who feel trapped in that region under the yoke of a backward, foreign/alien and feudalistic emirate system. Those are the people I care about and not hopeless slaves like yourself.

As for Fulani miscreants if that's what you people are concerned about, if your Yoruba leaders would want kwara they should speak up against some Fulani killings in the SW but they keep their mouth shut which means they aren't interested. Why do you think they would support your alleged agitation?. Those Yoruba Obas only worry about their mouths.

You must be very ignorant for making the above statement. Right from the days of Awolowo, both the then Western Region (which later become the SW) and the Yoruba provinces that later became the Yoruba-speaking parts of Kwara and Kogi of today, have been agitating against the lumping of their kin to the North by the British and their feudalist collaborators. And you are a bloody liar for saying that SW Yoruba leaders and Obas 'keep shut' about Fulani killings in the SW because there's no iota of truth to that. A simple google search will cure your ignorance. Contrary to your lie, Yorubas have been very vocal against the incessant Fulani herdsmen terrorist attacks that happened in the SW and have even carried our reprisal attacks in several instances. They've been at the forefront of the agitation for state police and restructuring as a solution to the insecurity that has enveloped this country.

There is no way this so called Oduduwa republic would be achieved without affecting ilorin. Hence, another Muslim majority region in chaos and you sob would start making fun of muslims. So you can stick your Oduduwa republic where sun doesn't shine cheesy Odúdúwá Republic kó, Odúdúwá Democrat nî. CRAP!
[/quote]

Oh yes it can. Listen and listen good. If tomorrow Nigeria decides to split and the ilorins decide or choose to go with the North, that's their fvcking business as far as I'm concerned. Afterall, there are Yorubas in Benin Rep, Togo, and even as far as Ivory Coast and they're o.k where they're at. Y'all need to understand that ilorins can't blackmail the larger Yoruba family or hold us back from progressing, Ko jo. One thing I am sure of is that the other Yoruba groups in Kwara (and majority of the Okuns) would vote resoundingly to go with the SW in any future referrendum. Another thing I know is that Nigeria has an inevitable date with destiny and is living on borrowed time. It's not a matter of 'if' but 'when', because this country was founded a fraudulent foundation that is bound to cave in eventually. It may not happen in my lifetime but it will surely come to pass. And when it eventually happens, you and your progeny are free to port to Arewaland to continue your servitude to your masters from where you left off. lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by pennylland: 4:00am On May 10, 2018
Preshy561:
lol,if Igbos leave this shiithole,the yorubas may go into extinction. grinlipsrsealed
igbos can't be controlled by hausa fulani, unlike odu oduduwa people
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 4:30am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
One of the many things islam came to eradicate is "asabiyah".

Whosoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for partisanship ('asabiyah i.e tribal-ship), calling towards it, or supporting it and then dies, he dies a death of (one in) the Days of Ignorance (Jahiliyah)." [ Sahih Muslim(6/21)]

Now, you may say my quote here is my belief. Fine, but dont you see you are distracting yourselves from major concern in nigeria which are; poverty, unemployment, bad govt across the board, zero health care system, unstable electricity and the list goes on. And now you want to add more problems. Ilorin is relatively peaceful so now we should start worrying about ethnic nonsense?. Who cares about Hausa-Fulani. And SW, what exactly you achieved there?. Kwara remains majority Yoruba people. So i dont understand what you guys are look for?. You still have IPOB unsolved problems and you wanna add this to it?. By doing this you are making your politicians so so happy bcus it just creates distractions.

Oduduwa republic ko, oduduwa democrat ni. Rubbish

How does Oduduwa state put food on your table?. All SW yorubaland, you are yet to improve on very simple basic needs of the people and you are looking for more trouble?. Kwara is majority Yoruba. So what else you guys looking for?

Oh i guess you want Oba type of thing where they do stupid occult at the time of new Oba installation?. All those crap that go against common sense. Who them help?

You should have asked Saudi king to send one of his princes to come and be your king, so that stupid occult will not be performed at his installation.
Fulani just succeeded in putting you people in perpetual slavery.
They told you your own obaship is ungodly, but their own emir system is the one that originated from Allah. Not until you dress and behave like Fulani, you're not true Muslims.
Ah! see your lives outside. I want to believe your unborn children will never forgive you people.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 4:36am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
One of the many things islam came to eradicate is "asabiyah".

Whosoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for partisanship ('asabiyah i.e tribal-ship), calling towards it, or supporting it and then dies, he dies a death of (one in) the Days of Ignorance (Jahiliyah)." [ Sahih Muslim(6/21)]

Now, you may say my quote here is my belief. Fine, but dont you see you are distracting yourselves from major concern in nigeria which are; poverty, unemployment, bad govt across the board, zero health care system, unstable electricity and the list goes on. And now you want to add more problems. Ilorin is relatively peaceful so now we should start worrying about ethnic nonsense?. Who cares about Hausa-Fulani. And SW, what exactly you achieved there?. Kwara remains majority Yoruba people. So i dont understand what you guys are look for?. You still have IPOB unsolved problems and you wanna add this to it?. By doing this you are making your politicians so so happy bcus it just creates distractions.

Oduduwa republic ko, oduduwa democrat ni. Rubbish

How does Oduduwa state put food on your table?. All SW yorubaland, you are yet to improve on very simple basic needs of the people and you are looking for more trouble?. Kwara is majority Yoruba. So what else you guys looking for?

Oh i guess you want Oba type of thing where they do stupid occult at the time of new Oba installation?. All those crap that go against common sense. Who them help?

Wise up guy, A leading Islamic cleric made the move. Not occultic people.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 4:39am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yes, a different political system can completely change someone's identity.. Infact that is too much. An ordinary farming or survival system can change one's identity.

Hutus and Tutsis speak the same language, the only major difference between them was that some were herders and others farmers. We all knew where this took them.

You cannot define yoruba culture or identity in Nigeria without some common cultural elements. It's these cultures that make one a yoruba. Now, when a people do not practice almost all of these cultures, how can they be yorubas?

Tell me, is it just language alone that makes one a yoruba? Germans and Austrians speak the same language but they do not share ethnicity.
Yes, Tutsi and Hutu speak the same language, but they have different culture, oral history, and point of origin. To simply say they are the same ethnic groups would be ignoring centuries of history. The Yorubas of Ilorin are Oyo subgroup. That's a fact. North Korea and South Korea despite having different political systems both still have ethnic Koreans.

Germany and Austria are both nationalities and not ethnic group. The ethnic group residing in both country are still known as German.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 4:43am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

That's bullcrap cop out nonsense affiliating the fulani emir with a slight yoruba heritage. It's an abysmal attempt to make the institutionalized subjugation more palatable. It's pure garbage. Grow some balls and take what is rightfully yours instead of Ngba ti Ngba ti excuses

The emir of Ilorin is the least of my worries right now, when there are so many other more pressing issues in Nigeria. Get that in your skull. It does not affect my well being nor my livelihood nor my identity. But, I obviously see that this bothers you deeply.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 4:47am On May 10, 2018
omoelerin1:
Wise up guy, A leading Islamic cleric made the move. Not occultic people.
"leading". I have to be careful of him for now bcus i dont know what he is up to. I dont even know him. Heard him first time. There are many islamic scholars in ilorin who have no problem with current settings. Besides, the man only seemed to be speaking about given names some considered islamic. I understand that. Also, many of you supporting this are non-muslims. Thats a RED FLAG. You have too many problems in nigeria. This one is irrelevant. If they keep talking about Fulani empire, how about Nigeria which is still indirectly ruled by the british empire?. And the system they left for Nigeria only leans towards christianity. This is why christians are comfortable with western lifestyle. I am afraid the same thing is about happening with this silly agitations. It will only favor certain people. Ilorin has been peaceful. Let sleeping dog lies
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 4:49am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

When did the concept of northern & southern Nigeria come about? Was it not colonialism?

Is Oyo more southerly located than Kogi?

Igalas related with more southern ethnic groups like the Igbos and Edos and share more culture with them more than Oyo people did.

The concept of North vs. South exists in many ethnic groups in precolonial Nigeria. Political boundaries are arbitrary, I know this for a fact. Southern Nigeria is just a qualifier that I based on modern day Nigeria's political boundary. It's as simple as that. You don't have to make it complicated.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 4:53am On May 10, 2018
omoelerin1:

Fulani just succeeded in putting you people in perpetual slavery.
The more you guys talk like this the more i believe there are ulterior motives. Is Nigeria as a whole not being currently enslaved by the West?. Common medical check up, your politicians already flew to India, Germany and Britain. So what's fulanis slavery has to do with this when Nigeria depends on foreign help to do anything?. I am convinced that you guys are targeting muslim majority places to destabilize.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 4:56am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
"leading". I have to be careful of him for now bcus i dont know what he is up to. I dont even know him. Heard him first time. There are many islamic scholars in ilorin who have no problem with current settings. Besides, the man only seemed to be speaking about given names some considered islamic. I understand that. Also, many of you supporting this are non-muslims. Thats a RED FLAG. You have too many problems in nigeria. This one is irrelevant. If they keep talking about Fulani empire, how about Nigeria which is still indirectly ruled by the british empire?. And the system they left for Nigeria only leans towards christianity. This is why christians are comfortable with western lifestyle. I am afraid the same thing is about happening with this silly agitations. It will only favor certain people. Ilorin has been peaceful. Let sleeping dog lies
Some die hard Muslims have started feeling insecure.
There are many problems in Nigeria, yes. This issue is also one of the problems, we just have to ensure we solve it together with the rest.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 5:03am On May 10, 2018
omoelerin1:
we just have to ensure we solve it together with the rest.
When?

You are yet to solved British colony. Goodluck man.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Tflex01: 5:13am On May 10, 2018
MaNyEsq:

Talk is cheap. Keep on wasting your precious energy fighting an illusionary and perceived enemy while getting your ass kicked and handed to you!

You don't understand... Yorubas are smart enough to know that you can't fight two battles at the same time and win. Hausas never interfere when Igbos and Yorubas are having any disagreement. But Igbos are always ready to turn any fight between Hausas and Yorubas to their own just to spite the Yorubas.....
It is always better to deal with you distractors first since you will never let us see front. grin

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by babestella: 5:18am On May 10, 2018
Yorubas, you folks better be calm and loyal if you don't want Ilorin to be turned to Borno and Benue. These killers would just import their jihadist brothers to wipe you guys out within 6 months.

You people brought this upon yourselves. Sorry.

Buhari and his kinsmen are not smiling o.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 5:24am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
The more you guys talk like this the more i believe there are ulterior motives. Is Nigeria as a whole not being currently enslaved by the West?. Common medical check up, your politicians already flew to India, Germany and Britain. So what's fulanis slavery has to do with this when Nigeria depends on foreign help to do anything?. I am convinced that you guys are targeting muslim majority places to destabilize.

Don't cause distraction from the real issue. Your argument here is illogical.

Which one is Muslim majority place? Ibadan has more Muslim population than Ilorin. Why are we not targeting it to destabilize?
You better stop fooling yourselves concerning your saying ' Ilorin, an Islamic city'. The reason is that your forefathers had contact with Arabic education before western education, which formed the bedrock of civilization of that city in that period. Not now again! The incoming generation will dismantle and displace the current system.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 5:37am On May 10, 2018
omoelerin1:
Don't cause distraction from the real issue. Your argument here is illogical.

Which one is Muslim majority place? Ibadan has more Muslim population than Ilorin. Why are we not targeting it to destabilize?
You better stop fooling yourselves concerning your saying ' Ilorin, an Islamic city'. The reason is that your forefathers had contact with Arabic education before western education, which formed the bedrock of civilization of that city in that period. Not now again! The incoming generation will dismantle and displace the current system.

You aren't dismantled British indirect rule and you are here fermenting internal trouble after another. Really shows Nigeria is really divided. There is no way you can succeed against British imperialism. When they colonized nigeria, they did not de-colonize it. They put a system in place that make every nigerian subservient to them. Part of the system they left is what's going on now. I repeat, this is unnecessary agitation. You have a lot to worry about not this nonsense. I agree that ilorin may not be the most populated muslim city but that's not really how i meant it. I meant that it stands out as a known muslim city full of great ulama. Neither me nor majority ilorin people see fulani as colonial masters. This rubbish comes from you guys to make a point.I will never support this. You need to first all fix Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, kwara and so on. Fix them in the sense that you provide basic needs for the people before talking about taking ilorin. Besides, i still dont get what you guys meant by you wanna take back ilorin when in fact, majority of the residents are Yoruba people. I lived in ilorin for 4 yrs. So whats the problems?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Tflex01: 6:09am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:
First of all, we have to be Yoruba to have lowest developmental index amongst Yorubas. You see?

Btw, what do you mean development? The brown roof villages/towns in SW? I laugh in yagba

grin cheesy

Some persons still believe that this impostor is an Okun guy?

grin

I'm sure he has not been to the west and his existence has only been on Nairaland. grin cheesy
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 6:18am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
You aren't dismantled British indirect rule and you are here fermenting internal trouble after another. Really shows Nigeria is really divided. There is no way you can succeed against British imperialism. When they colonized nigeria, they did not colonized it. They put a system in place that make every nigerian subservient to them. Part of the system they left is what's going on now. I repeat, this is unnecessary agitation. You have a lot to worry about not this nonsense. I agree that ilorin may not be majority muslim city but that's not really how i meant it. I meant that it stands out as a known muslim city full of great ulama. Neither me nor majority ilorin people see fulani as colonial masters. This rubbish comes from you guys to make a point.I will never support this. You need to first all fix Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, kwara and so on. Fix them in the sense that you provide basic needs for the people before talking about taking ilorin. Besides, i still dont get what you guys meant by you wanna take back ilorin when in fact, majority of the residents are Yoruba people. I lived in ilorin for 4 yrs. So whats the problems?
I understand your emphasis on British/western imperialism. You erroneously believe it is christian in nature. As far as I am concerned, I hate anything about foreign dominance. Especially when you have to dismantle your own social political identity to give way for foreign system under the guise of religion. Africa today, remains the most vulnerable region in the world. No thank to the 2 major foreign religions. Mind you, I am not saying these religions are not better, but culture is different from religion. The problem we have in Nigeria, is we fail to put religion separately, our own culture separately. This has remained the bane of our instability.
I have written it somewhere, that I don't need to become an European before I can be a Christian. I can remain an African and still be a Christian at the same time.
Majority of what go for religious practices in Nigeria, either Christianity or Islam, have nothing to do with religion. They are mere elements of the culture of the tribe of the originator of those religions.

It is just because of psycho-religious slavery that makes you people comfortable with Fulani social-political system and not see them as colonial masters.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 6:37am On May 10, 2018
omoelerin1:
I understand your emphasis on British/western imperialism. You erroneously believe it is christian in nature. As far as I am concerned, I hate anything about foreign dominance. Especially when you have to dismantle your own social political identity to give way for foreign system under the guise of religion. Africa today, remains the most vulnerable region in the world. No thank to the 2 major foreign religions. Mind you, I am not saying these religions are not better, but culture is different from religion. The problem we have in Nigeria, is we fail to put religion separately, our own culture separately. This has remained the bane of our instability.
I have written it somewhere, that I don't need to become an European before I can be a Christian. I can remain an African and still be a Christian at the same time.
Majority of what go for religious practices in Nigeria, either Christianity or Islam, have nothing to do with religion. They are mere elements of the culture of the tribe of the originator of those religions.

It is just because of psycho-religious slavery that makes you people comfortable with Fulani social-political system and not see them as colonial masters.
Well, from Islamic point of view, if culture doesn't go against Islam. It recognizes it on condition that it is in harmony with it. Many Yoruba cultures invalidate one Islam. But there are also practices that are nuetral. For instance, my family comes from idile oba and my grandpa who was a practicing muslim was next in line to ascend the throne but cancelled and put end to it for generations to come.

Why did he do this?. He said many practices therein involved what Muslim considered shirk which is major sin in Islam. You can see that as portrayed in their movies. But Fulani don't have this save few who might not be Muslim. So if Yoruba MUSLIMS happen to romance Hausa-fulani, it is only base on Islamic brotherhood not superiority of Fulani as many of you said. Now read this from front page.

This is the type of thing they want to bring to ilorin.

information1:
On the 8th of May, the Ikorodu city on the outskirts of Lagos Metropolis marked its seasonal Oro festival at night, and the effects of the yearly celebration have been recorded.

The Oro Festival in Ikorodu on Tuesday paralyzed social and economic activities and restricted movement of women in spite of the assurance given by the police and the traditional institution on free movement.

NAN reports that women in the town couldn't leave there home, while banks and other businesses shut down, with no vehicular and human movements in major sections such as Aga, Ojubode, and motor parks,

Lagos Police Commissioner, Edgal Imohimi, and Ikorodu monarch, Oba Kabiru Shotobi, had on Monday jointly issued a statement, assuring women of their safety during the festival contrary to the agelong practice restricting movement.

The statement had blamed "mischief makers" for the development in the town, going by a social media report on the festival.

It also quoted the Commissioner of Police as saying that the command would not tolerate any discriminatory tradition against the female gender.

The statement further warned that the command would deal with anybody who hides under the guise of custom or tradition to foster trouble in the state.

(NAN)
https://talkgeria.com/oro-festival-paralysed-activities-ikorodu-town-lagos/
Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44 seun MissyB3, Fynestboi, Sissy3,

Hello no, they will corrupt Muslim youths like they did in Lagos where young Muslims participate in this cultural practice that invalidates their Islamic belief and they don't even know it. Before another Oba ascends the throne he must taste the flesh of former king. You may say they don't do this any more but the tradition was and is there. So no I don't want to involve in the so called agitation

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by giftedben: 7:01am On May 10, 2018
Preshy561:

cos you are Seen as weaker Muslims that's why you aren't allowed to sight the moon.grin
kasifir.grin

grin
Wicked

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by MightySparrow: 7:08am On May 10, 2018
Preshy561:
lol,if Igbos leave this shiithole,the yorubas may go into extinction. grinlipsrsealed

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2018
Tflex01:

grin cheesy

Some persons still believe that this impostor is an Okun guy?

grin

I'm sure he has not been to the west and his existence has only been on Nairaland. grin cheesy
you don't even know me
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u are not Yoruba and not okun u are arewa stop speaking for Okun People here.
This is ridiculous. How you gonna tell a man where he belongs or where he from? You don't even know me and here you are arguing my background with me just because you think you have few okun friends. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my Hausa arewa friend the language u are speaking here is just “okun” not Yoruba right. Lol
So because I can speak/type Yoruba, I'm automatically Yoruba? Will you also call me Hausa if you see me type/speak Hausa? Do you know if I live in west? Does it mean everyone who speaks Yoruba are Yorubas?

Just so you know, the person I was chatting with in that picture you posted is not even Yoruba. He's Deltan

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by ThatFairGuy: 8:19am On May 10, 2018
Point of correction, Fulani has nothing to do with the names we bear. I commend your doggedness imam

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Meet Woman Who Sing And Play For Boko Haram Members / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Atiku Abubakar's Son Involved In Accident With His Portuguese Friend. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.