Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Food (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (168986 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / The Official Nairaland Kitchen Pt. 2!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 5:36am On Oct 13, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Why is this kitchen so quiet?
OAM4MIssy, Shouldn't you help when I'm absent? angry

Sorry dear, was equally busy too. Am glad you are back from maternity leave
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2011
Lol! Glad to be back too. You're forgiven, actually thought you were busy having private discussions with Odunnu and co. tongue

mama-gee:

I miss this thread! smiley smiley smiley

So did I, until now.

ronkebp:

OMG!!!!! see that Amala!!!!!!!!!! i gat to enter this computer today,

We usually have this effect on our customers. Feel free to place an order. cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lol! Glad to be back too. You're forgiven, actually thought you were busy having private discussions with Odunnu and co. tongue

Odunnu for where? The girl no even fine. . . ok she fine small, but not as fine as my Missy B. How one go get pounded yam go dey look for amala? grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by snthesis(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2011
im hungry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Bawss1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
The kitchen romance continues.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2011
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ronkebp(f): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ok!! Miss B, i would like to have eba and banga soup, , please, with enough fish and meat and a bottle of chilled coke. wink wink wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by snthesis(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2011
^^^only water is available sad
come back next week
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2011
OAM4J:

Odunnu for where? The girl no even fine. . . ok she fine small, but not as fine as my Missy B. How one go get pounded yam go dey look for amala? grin
Run for cover Odunnu is coming for you. grin

Bawss1:

The kitchen romance continues.
Is anyone complaining?

OAM4J:

Have some water.

[img]http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-drink/images/glass_water.jpg[/img]
Meanie!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2011
snthesis:

^^^only water is available sad
come back next week
Lie! grin

ronkebp:

Ok!! Miss B, i would like to have eba and banga soup, , please, with enough fish and meat and a bottle of chilled coke. wink wink wink
Enjoy!

[img]http://wheatlessbay.files./2007/10/eba.jpg?w=500[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/293555_Banga_Soup_jpg896207e816301e783a3c797cde315a8d

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Run for cover Odunnu is coming for you. grin

I am covered! No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper! cheesy

Meanie!

Let him stop chasing after my wife and he will get more than water cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ronkebp(f): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lie! grin
Enjoy!

[img]http://wheatlessbay.files./2007/10/eba.jpg?w=500[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/293555_Banga_Soup_jpg896207e816301e783a3c797cde315a8d

OMG!!!!!!!!!! WOH!!! AM so cooking it could you please give me the recipe to that banga soup. and the cooking format. Thank you for the food.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll give recipe later, when I'm less busy. smiley
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ronkebp(f): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2011
No sweat dear. wink wink wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
OAM4J:

buhahahahahahahaha, make una follow me see this houseboy wey dey assume oga position o! Choi! A whole me no fine naim I still dey break necks anytime I waka pass? You need surgery for that ya eye i swaar.
*pants for water*
stop staring at me, go get me a glass of water. Make sure you clean the glass before pouring the water into it, yeye houseboy-waiter-bouncer-mai'guard!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 4:48am On Oct 15, 2011
Odunnu:

buhahahahahahahaha, make una follow me see this houseboy wey dey assume oga position o! Choi! A whole me no fine naim I still dey break necks anytime I waka pass? You need surgery for that ya eye i swaar.
*pants for water*
stop staring at me, go get me a glass of water. Make sure you clean the glass before pouring the water into it, yeye houseboy-waiter-bouncer-mai'guard!   

You are not fine jor! who are the people breaking necks cos of you? Were they just released from long solitary confinement?

Side by side my Missy B, you no try at all. Come to my wife, let her lay hands on you. 

And please make sure u marry someone as handsome as me, for your children sake and for the purpose of making the world a beautiful place. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
Oam4missy and Odunnu, you 2 nor serious. I swear.  grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
Ronkebp, here-

Ingredients for Banga Soup
   • Palm Fruits – 1 kg
   • Beef
   • Dry Fish
   • Vegetable – Scent Leaves
   • Onions – 2 medium bulbs
   • Crayfish – A handful | 2 tablespoons of ground Crayfish
   • Salt and Chilli Pepper – to taste
   • Seasoning – 3 Maggi / Knorr cubes

Before you cook the Nigerian Banga Soup
   1. Wash and cook the palm fruits till done. A good sign that the palm fruit is done is that you will notice cracks on the flesh of the fruits. The palm fruit is also soft to the bite.
   2. Pound the palm fruits in a mortar with a pestle till all the flesh are separated from the nut to form a smooth pulp as shown in the photo.
   3. Cook the beef and the dry fish with 1 bulb of diced onion and the 3 Maggi / Knorr cubes till done.
   4. While you have the beef cooking, extract the palm fruit oil from the palm fruit pulp by washing it in warm water. Small quantities of the palm fruit pulp should be washed in as small quantity of warm water as possible. If the palm fruit oil starts getting too thick, pour the liquid into another container through a sieve to prevent the palm fruit fibres from entering into the oil that will be used in cooking the Banga Soup. Repeat this till all the palm fruit pulp has been washed.
A more efficient extraction process can be achieved by separating the palm nuts from the pulp before washing the pulp in warm water.
During the extraction process, if you think that there is still some oil on previously washed palm fruit pulp; re-wash these when you change the water before washing new palm fruit pulp.
Water should be used sparingly during the extraction process so that at the end, the extracted liquid will have the consistency of evaporated milk or tomato juice bearing in mind that you still have to add the beef stock.
   5. Leave the extracted palm fruit oil to stand for some time then slowly pour this into the pot that will be used to cook the Banga Soup / Stew, taking care not to pour the tiny pieces of fibre that have settled at the bottom.
   6. Wash and cut the scent leaves into tiny pieces. The scent leaves are what gives the Banga Soup its unique aroma and taste. If you are outside Nigeria, this may be hard to find, so you can use pumpkin leaves or any other vegetable in place of scent leaves.
   7. Cut the remaining bulb of onion, grind the crayfish and pepper and set aside.

Cooking Directions
   1. Set the pot of palm fruit oil on the stove and start cooking at high heat. Leave to boil till you notice come clear oil at the surface of the Banga Stew. If you think that the Banga Soup is watery, cook till the soup has thickened to the consistency you like for your stews.
   2. Now, add the beef, dry fish and stock, the onions, crayfish and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
   3. Add the scent leaves and salt to taste. Leave to cook for 2 mins. The Banga Soup is done. Serve with White Rice or use the Banga Soup to eat Garri, Semolina, Amala or Pounded Yam.

Ogugua88
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
Pls can I have afang soup and fufu please
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by snthesis(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2011
Honey kiss, I m back, wats for bfast kiss kiss
no more eating out- especially not firearms's kitchen tongue tongue grin

OAM4J:

Side by side my Missy B, you no try at all. Come to my wife, let her lay hands on you.

shocked angry angry
give up already tongue

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2011
Choicegirl:

Pls can I have afang soup and fufu please
Welcome to the kitchen! Enjoy!

[img]http://christinabakerkline.files./2009/06/glass-of-water1.jpg[/img]
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 11:11am On Oct 17, 2011
No food for you today, snthesis. angry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by snthesis(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2011
y nau sad sad
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thanks, I enjoyed it. Ur truly a wonderful cook. Do give classes cos I will be happy to join
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Bawss1(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2011
Missy ★ B:

No food for you today, snthesis. angry

Yeah. After taking a dump in the kitchen. shocked
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
whats happening here?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
What happened to your kitchen? Did the Minister Of Dept. demolish it for distrating and obstructing us?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^

Who is "us"?

Come let's go and build our empire?
I know what u want and I have them grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
Do I look like a constructor or a chef to you?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
You look everything to me kiss kiss
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by lactemps(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hmmm today I just feel like eating Onugbu or Ukazi Soup.

Who can cook it very well for me as I have seen here?

How to cook Onugbu and Ukazi Soup
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mamagee3(f): 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
Missy, keep the meals coming!

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107)

Baby Food Recipes! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.