Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Food (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (168861 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / The Official Nairaland Kitchen Pt. 2!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
Ingredients
•Rice
•Vegetable Oil
•Chicken (whole chicken or chicken drumsticks)
•Cow Liver
•Plain Yellow Curry Powder –
•Green Beans/peas (a handful)
Carrots
Green pepper
•Salt (to taste)
•Onions -
•Seasoning – Maggi/Knorr cubes & Thyme

Before you cook the Fried Rice

Wash all the vegetables to be used in cooking the fried rice. Cut the carrots into tiny cubes. Cut the green beans into small pieces. Cut 1 bulb of onion. Set all these aside. Cook the liver/gizzard till done and cut into tiny pieces.

Cook the whole chicken with thyme and 1 or bulb of chopped onions, cubes of Maggi / Knorr seasoning and a small amount of salt. Cook till tender. You can later fry the chicken, or do with it as you please.

Cooking Directions
Wash rice with warm water and boil till it's half done [done enough to eat, but not soggy] with maggi, salt, curry and the chicken broth.
Do not pour all the broth at once, add gradually, and only if the water in the rice seem to dry up and rice isn't done.

When rice is almost done, reduce heat to make sure it doesn't get burnt, and water dries up slowly.

Now, transfer the rice to a casserole dish or another pot to help cool it down quickly. This is optional, it helps to keep the grains from sticking to each other. If left in the original hot pot, the rice might continue to cook and eventually stick together.

Set heat to medium low. Now pour a small but  sufficient amount [depends on the quantity of your rice] of vegetable oil into a large pot. 
When the oil is hot, add diced onions and stir for 10 seconds, followed by diced carrot. Allow the carrot fry for about 3-4 minutes, and then add your green peas/beans, green pepper and liver/gizzard.

Add more salt if necessary. More curry powder may also be added at this stage if you need to touch up on the colour. Stir till all the ingredients have mixed well and allow to fry for about 5 minutes.

Now, gradually add a portion of your rice and mix thorougly. Add another portion and mix thorougly. Repeat process till you finally have all the rice tranferred to the other pot. Reduce heat to low and leave for 2 minutes.

Turn off heat and serve.

You may fry the already boiled chicken and serve with rice.

Here's a pic of some of my sliced veggies. . . . .I forgot to take a pic of the rice.  cheesy cheesy

[img]http://reshade.com/resize/constrain/image-51102501-640x480[/img]

You should have something like this at the end. I like it greener, though

Invite me to lunch when you prepare this.  wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by wendybaby(f): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
^me too like it greener jor, looks so delicious!

@OAM4J, I dey laff in spanish grin grin at u! Anyway, I trust my gurl. Whn d rightful owner comes, u go bow! grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
Lol! Wendy darl, tsup na? kiss

I'm beginning to suspect you and OAM4MISSY. . . . . .Make una nor try me o.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by jaybee3(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2011
I'm hungry
Suggestions are highly welcomed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
Bring those lips closer, lemme make you hunger for something else other than food. wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by jaybee3(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
Misssyyyyyyy beeeeeeeee
how u been hun?
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2011
So Im gonna try this on Saturday and put up pictures for you to know how it went!!

Thanks! wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
Opps!! And sorry:: Love-vendor in this case is "Pim'p" undecided

The mods need to look into these filters jor!! It isnt well thought out.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by wendybaby(f): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Bring those lips closer, lemme make you hunger for something else other than food. wink

OAM4J, did u see dt? grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
jay bee:

Misssyyyyyyy beeeeeeeee
how u been hun?
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Great. And you, sugar? kiss kiss kiss

Okija_juju:

So Im gonna try this on Saturday and put up pictures for you to know how it went!!

Thanks! wink
I'll be waiting. smiley

wendybaby:

Aproka! OAM4MISSY is busy with his other wives. You can't blame a sister, you know. grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2011
chamotex:

Idunnu mi kiss kiss
nwoke ana aluru ogu 1, omaricha m.
jay bee:

I'mWe are hungry
Suggestions are highly welcomed
why do you sell fish? are you selfish?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

You dey find who wan wound you abi? undecided
will you serve him what he asked for (food) and free those lips. Take a closer look at those lips and you will see my name tattoed all over it kiss cool grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
y me:

will you serve him what he asked for (food) and free those lips. Take a closer look at those lips and you will see my name tattoed all over it kiss cool grin
I'm being bullied. sad I'm reporting to the admin asap.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
y me:

Look at you! Where have you been?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

I'm being bullied. sad I'm reporting to the admin asap.
tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss
BTW, that sacred kitchen don make homepage now now? ojoro  angry mehn the power of being a mod  grin

To be even make u put this thread too for homepage https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=796541.msg9480393#msg9480393    tongue tongue

Odunnu:

Look at you! Where have you been?
Wifey me, I have been occupied with my lawyer. wanna divorce hubby grin grin
how are u doing dear?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by jaybee3(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
2moro is the 5th of November lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
y me:

tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss
Wifey me, I have been occupied with my lawyer. wanna divorce hubby grin grin
how are u doing dear?
Thank God your eyes are clearer now!!! I don dump am tey tey, guy don tire everywhere paatapata. grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
jay bee:

2moro is the 5th of November lipsrsealed
I travelled grin tongue
Odunnu:

Thank God your eyes are clearer now!!! I don dump am tey tey, guy don tire everywhere paatapata. grin grin
hey hey grin grin cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

shocked angry angry angry

wendybaby:

Dont worry, its her way of telling me she wants it badly for a 'weekend lock up'. Am sure you'll understand if the kitchen is not fully opened this weekend.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Macavelius(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
madam missy b, thanks so much for all these
as a guy who loves cooking, i have learnt a lot from here
keep up the good work
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Macavelius:

madam missy b, thanks so much for all these
as a guy who loves cooking, i have learnt a lot from here
keep up the good work
smiley
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
Howdy ma'am wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2011
Firearm:

Howdy ma'am wink
I'm great, dearie. . . . . you nko?  wink

Where's Okija? Your rice is needed here for OAM4MISSY's birthday celebration.  cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
This is to one of my NL husbands, OAM4MISSY . . . . the best there is out there.
I'll save the words for tonight and go straight to giving you your gifts.  wink

[img]http://1.bp..com/-OPAn5guIAd4/TWFuFcSrd0I/AAAAAAAAAC4/YNIRa-4UN6k/s400/20050713_08_BirthdayCake.jpg
[/img] I specially baked this for YOU, even though your teeth are no more, I'm sure it can still find its way to your stomach.

[img]http://jessicadarling.files./2007/11/lots-of-drinks-for-web.gif?w=480
[/img]

[img]http://www.making-greeting-cards.com/images/happy-birthday-card-vs-28.jpg
[/img]

Unwrap with care
[img]http://api.ning.com/files/2zDGxt0yV7kXtiGBNGKjA05wXiyWdELh-rFkMWmbnmuUdaXnCwU7HR3lZdBsFJtVeML88x-3EDYscDeXTOd6FigTJmpxa-PP/GiftWrappedBox.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://watermarked.cutcaster.com/cutcaster-photo-100284712-Two-Glasses-Red-Wine-and-Bottle-in-Ocean.jpg
[/img] Yes, just you and I  kiss kiss kiss

Sugar, may you continue to grow in age and in stature, in wisdom and in strength. Above all, May the reason for which you exist, and all that gives you happiness and a sense of fulfillment be yours. Have a special brithday celebration . . . One as special as you are.  kiss kiss kiss

[img]http://thepistonhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/gift-car.jpg
[/img] Yes, I got this for you.

And finally 
[img]http://www.dreamstime.com/cheers-two-champagne-glasses-thumb17201451.jpg
[/img] CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

The party continues tonight, in our bedroom, at 11pm till dawn. . . . . Other wives ARE NOT invited.  grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLziusKW4s[/flash]

Well, my friends, the time has come
To raise the roof and have some fun
Throw away the work to be done
Let the music play on
(Play on, play on)
Everbody sing, everybody dance
Lose yourself in wild romance
We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come onand sing along!
We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
All night long! (all night)
People dancing all in the street
See the rhythm all in their feet
Life is good wild and sweet
Let the music play on
(Play on, play on)
Feel it in your heart
And feel it in your soul
Let the music take control
We're going to party
Liming, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing my song!
Yeah, once you get started
You can't sit down
Come join the fun
It's a merry go round
Everyone's dancing
Their troubles away
Come join our party
See how we play!
Oh, yes
We're going to have a party!
All night long!
Everyone you meet
They're jamming in the street
All night long1
Yeah, I said, everyone you meet
All night long!
Yeah, I said, everyone you meet
All night long!
Feel good! Feel good!

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by OAM4J: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ooooooo Babyyyyyyyy Thanksssssssss so much. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
Save the thanks for tomorrow morning.  cheesy kiss kiss kiss You deserve more, darling. . . Just have a blast.  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

@ staff and clients of this kitchen,
I dunno where y'all are hiding today, but before you even think of stepping a foot in this kitchen, you better have OAM4MISSY's gift, else. . . angry angry angry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Odunnu: 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hapi buyday to you, hapi buyday to you, hapi buydei, hapi buydei, hapi buydei to you!
[s]You share same day with our houseboy/cook, no wonder you are one too[/s]
Wishing you so much fun, lafta,joy, happiness, peace and prosperity.
May God bless the work<s> of your hand, may your going out be blessed, may your coming in be blessed. May you always be a victor, never the victim. May God bless you with wisdom to be the solution and never a problem. Men and women shall seek you because of your relevance in this generation and beyond. You are a blessing.   
Happy b'day Mr K.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by shadshadyz: 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
please i want to eat edikiakong soup, how can i prepare edikiakong soup.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
shadshadyz:

please i want to eat edikiakong soup, how can i prepare edikiakong soup.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-15803.0.html wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by wendybaby(f): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J,
happy new years ahead. I hope u had a burriful party cheesy

Missy Dear,
why was d kichen so dry during the salah celeb. no cow, no ram, not even a chicken
was slaughtered. Missyyyyyyyyyyyyy, no fall my hand oo. tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB3(f): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2011
Wendy,
I prepared enough food but sadly, there was no one in the kitchen to eat. Where you all went, I don't know. sad
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Bawss1(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
^People had to run away seeing you and OAMJ were celebrating a private birthday party. cheesy

Anyways how about pancakes and syrup for a late breakfast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107)

Baby Food Recipes! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.