Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,036 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones (51863 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Buys New Car For His Barber / Pastor Adeboye Buys New Helicopter For Rural Evangelism / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by SammieJayh(m): 5:07pm On May 21, 2018
misano:

Bill Gate is helping the sick, that's part of his calling. Oyedepo is buying private jet that's also part of his calling.

Kiss the truth...

Every man has a right to spend his money on whatever pleases him. Same goes to those who decided not to pay tithes to some churches.

If you guys continue to curse those who refuse to pay 'their own' tithe, critics will continue to curse pastors who spend 'their own' money to by private jet.

Gates also has a private jet, a yacht and a private Island...

Oyedepo helps the sick as well as less privileged...

So I'm guessing they have the same calling afterall...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by SammieJayh(m): 5:12pm On May 21, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Well these pastors don't.

But I don't expect you to agree with me.

You're obviously a member and you're playing it safe lest you incure the wrath of God. Well God gave you a brain to think.

Yes...that's why I'm open minded and not approaching it from a level of hate...cz I have a brain to see when someone is clearly blameless on a topic/issue.

I'm not a member of LFC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 5:16pm On May 21, 2018
flexyrule:
I key into Pastor Oyedepo's grace.
Father let me be blessed beyond measure.
Bless me beyond my imagination.
is there anything like "pastors oyedepos grace" in d Bible? When did oyedepo now become a source of grace? I thought d bible says "d grace of our Lord Jesus Christ...."

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 5:18pm On May 21, 2018
globalresource:
People have not seen anything yet....the church is getting richer. It is the fulfilment of prophesies
d church or oyedepos business empire?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by wonlasewonimi: 5:19pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:
is there anything like "pastors oyedepos grace" in d Bible? When did oyedepo now become a source of grace? I thought d bible says "d grace of our Lord Jesus Christ...."

These bunch of simpletons worship their GOs.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 5:22pm On May 21, 2018
spdamibiz:
Stop this kind of news, becauae you are spoiling some peoples faith, stop using a man life to judge the whole of christanity, What do aim to gain with this kind of news ?

‘Men and brethren WE have a brand new Aircraft at the airport’.

Oyedepo used d word "WE" yet its only him and his family that have access to d jet and people will still boast about d wealth of their "church" that they don't have access to
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 5:27pm On May 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Oyedepos financial heavens is always opened per second per second, there is a mystery at work in his life that several preachers don't have, I don't think tithes and offerings alone can do all this
d "mystery at work" in oyedepos life is d same mystery at work in d life of dangote, bill gates, Larry Ellison, trump, Oprah winfrey and d likes. They are just good businessmen and women. There's no spiritual mystery there

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by peacesamuel94(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=Originalsly post=67746226]

@ topic.... I have no problem with these guys buying jets and living in luxury..... I have a problem with them misleading their people into believing they are a church of God when in fact they are Prosperity Churches....which has nothing to do with spirituality but everything to do with gathering earthly possessions.

wow...I'm learning.
Based on this writeup you're saying that the gathering of earthly possessions have nothing to do with spirituality, that is the more spiritual you are. the less wealthy you're expected to be.
If that is the case please can you educate further by telling us what our mission on earth is as Christians, what is the essence of been born on earth, when we are not suppose to amass Her possessions, why weren't our souls sent directly to heaven since the sole essence of our creation was to be spiritual?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by flexyrule(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:
whatever man. Believe in whatever that works for you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 6:01pm On May 21, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You should ask yourself if Christ owned a school today will it be that expensive? Otherwise oyedepo is just a businessman whose sole merchandise is the word of God.
So I presume the catholic universities are also cheap abi. How much is Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Augustine University Lagos

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 6:04pm On May 21, 2018
misano:

Bill Gate is helping the sick, that's part of his calling. Oyedepo is buying private jet that's also part of his calling.

Kiss the truth...

Every man has a right to spend his money on whatever pleases him. Same goes to those who decided not to pay tithes to some churches.

If you guys continue to curse those who refuse to pay 'their own' tithe, critics will continue to curse pastors who spend 'their own' money to by private jet.
Bros Bill Gate also has a jet. And if owning a jet hasn't stopped Bill gate's philanthropy then it shouldn't stop Oyedepo's own either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by AngelicBeing: 6:12pm On May 21, 2018
sad
lexy2014:
d "mystery at work" in oyedepos life is d same mystery at work in d life of dangote, bill gates, Larry Ellison, trump, Oprah winfrey and d likes. They are just good businessmen and women. There's no spiritual mystery there

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:

Bros Bill Gate also has a jet. And if owning a jet hasn't stopped Bill gate's philanthropy then it shouldn't stop Oyedepo's own either.

Like your comment...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 6:16pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:

Oyedepo used d word "WE" yet its only him and his family that have access to d jet and people will still boast about d wealth of their "church" that they don't have access to
Let me ask you a question. Who owns all the jets/plane in the Nigerian presidential fleet?

Well, It belongs to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and was purchased and is maintained by tax payers money. However does that mean any tax payer can ride in it? You can approach the Presidential plane sometime and let's see what would happen.

That is the same for Winners Chapel. The plane of the church was procured by funds of the church and maintained by funds of the church. Should that mean every winners member must ride in it?

Winners Chapel is a church with 6,000 churches globally, 12,000 pastors and over 200 educational institutions. The organization surely needs a jet...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 6:21pm On May 21, 2018
SammieJayh:

Why not point out where it's stated as the responsibility of the Church?

You don't shift responsibilities...the church does the best it can in it's own way...you can't make it their duty like there isn't a government...

Or does the bible condole poor governance?

The church are the people, the people are Christians and the government also consist of Christians. Therefore, every Christian (the one in government & the one not in government must be able to help the poor).

Many churches are doing their best while some are just enriching the pastors. Even the Bible made it clear that amongst the real prophets, we have fake prophets if you don't agree with me argue with your Bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2018
SammieJayh:

Gates also has a private jet, a yacht and a private Island...
Oyedepo helps the sick as well as less privileged...
So I'm guessing they have the same calling afterall...
Ye! you are right....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by joan1678(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2018
HeyCorleone:

It's not a matter of grace bros.

It's simple.

All you need be is charismatic.

Open a church and have over 50 people (to start with) contribute their 10% to you every month and see how your life would turn around for the better.

If churches don't pay tithe and offering, these MOGs won't be this flamboyant. It's simple math.
There's ZERO sense in this post. Grow up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Endtimesmith(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2018
Oyedepo is a man that cannot be poor,not in this life or the life to come...Haters take note.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 6:41pm On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:
Chai ppl said the church is already going broke because of freeze. But today the same church is currently building two universities at the same time, procuring a jet and still building a multi billion estate.

I'm sure they sold the N633WM because of the recent air mishap enroute Isreal - Cyprus. If one must use a jet, one should kukuma use a good one not a flying casket.

Anyway the church only owns ONE jet but has used five in totality. I.e sell and buy new one. Let's settle that before the propagators of fake news take the story to another level.

I do earnestly await the CU Teaching Hospital project, dunno why they are stalling on that one... Don't worry your haters are really going to poo on their bodies when you become the first Nigerian to fly(and employ) in multiple Nobel Laureates into the country in one week.

Is the church currently building new units?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 6:54pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:

The jet services more than Oyedepo or even the first 10 pastors in winners. Even assistant to the assistant of provincial pastors get to use the jets based on how pressing the needs are.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by raja4liverpool(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:
Bishop Oyedepo announces arrival of brand new Church Aircraft

*All previously owned aircraft sold out.

*Says ‘What God cannot give me, let me never have it’.

By Leke Beecroft

Bishop Oyedepo today announced the arrival of a new aircraft bought by the Living Faith Church aka Winners’ Chapel. Previously the Church had sold out all her old aircraft including the helicopter and the Challenger 605 with registration, N633WM as stated earlier by Church Gist.

The Bishop had announced in April 1982 at a ‘powerhouse’ meeting held at the inception of the Church among other things that God had told him that the ministry will soon be on wings carrying the gospel to the nations of the world. All except one of the several points itemized during that meeting has seen the light of the day in the 37 year old Ministry. Since 1996 when the first Aircraft, a Hawker Siddeley 25 with registration 5N-WMA (World Mission Agency), was purchased at one hundred million naira (N100 million), Winners’ Chapel has used at least 5 different fixed wing aircraft and one helicopter while each of them as a tradition is always sold for an updated model as they begin to age.

The Church has strong presence in over 60 nations of the world and has invested in heavy Church and educational infrastructure particularly in Kenya, Ghana, DR Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Benin Republic, Zambia and in over 30 more African countries as well as UK, USA and many more across the 6 continents. The Bishop and his lieutenants visit all the Churches located in these nations annually in what is called ‘apostolic visits’ usually between the month of April and October. It will be recalled that in one of such hectic visits in 2004, his wife, Pastor Faith Oyedepo fell ill and though she’s back to her duties in the Church, except for few visitations to particular nations, she is excluded from the rigors of the annual apostolic visits.

Announcing on Sunday morning, Bishop Oyedepo who had unsuccessfully tried to join the Nigerian Airforce through the Nigerian Defence Academy in 1973 said to the congregants at the 50,000 capacity Faith Tabernacle during the first service:

‘Men and brethren we have a brand new Aircraft at the airport’. Shortly before that he had announced in his sermon about the virtues of love and giving as well as exhorting on the need to focus totally on God that:

‘What God cannot give me, let me never have it.
Where God cannot take me, let me never get there.
What God cannot do for me, let it remain undone.

The Bishop and his team have survived a number of aircraft mishaps, the last coming in 2017 which led to thanksgiving across the branches of the Church Worldwide.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1347825885361279&id=444807728996437

Pastor's house na him dey fine pass
My people them dey stay for poor surroundings
Pastor's dress na him dey clean pass
E hard for my people for them to buy soap
Pastor na him them give respect pass
And them do bad bad bad bad bad bad things #FelaKuti

What an aphorism to describe present day church.
money making organizations!
Am a devoted Christian but our churches has degenerated through variegated denominational fragmentations which is aim towards money making and power tussle. I only worship JEHOVAH GOD alone. I believe if I pray to my God he will answer.

Be wary of these men of God in nowadays churches!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by SammieJayh(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2018
misano:

The church are the people, the people are Christians and the government also consist of Christians. Therefore, every Christian (the one in government & the one not in government must be able to help the poor).

Many churches are doing their best while some are just enriching the pastors. Even the Bible made it clear that amongst the real prophets, we have fake prophets if you don't agree with me argue with your Bible.

Agreed...but it's not in your place to be the Judge and Jury establishing which is fake...either...

Same Bible encourages you not to judge or cast stones...

Argue with your keyboard...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by SammieJayh(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:

An example in the bible was when Elisha keyed into the Grace/anointing of Elijah... grin

Y'all need to seek wisdom and understanding...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 21, 2018
humblenature:
lipsrsealed

"Which gospel is oyedepo going to preach with jet?

Is it the gospel of Christ or?

This is what i call " misused tithes and offerings"

This is a total waste of money....

Oyedepo I don't want to insult you but you are going too far...

Why am I angry sef,, do I even know the actual "GOD" you serve?

If a young man like Davido believes he needs a Jet to adequately serve his fans globally; haba, don't you think a great Preacher like Bishop Oyedepo, heartily doing the work of God globally, and not just entertaining people around, ought to be allotted a Jet by his church to make his work more convenient at that old age of his? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by SammieJayh(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:

So I presume the catholic universities are also cheap abi. How much is Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Augustine University Lagos

I just decided to leave the Catholic schools out of the shade...

Madonna owned by a Priest collects 400k+ despite the funding they receive from charity...even though they still have almost nothing to offer.

My only problem now is with some Catholics like HeyCorleone who are ready to pull down Pentecostal pastors forgetting Fr Edeh...

They also forget that asides the different denominational names, we all believe in the same God, we all accept the same Christ and are bound to one heaven...and will be Judged on equal standards...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:18pm On May 21, 2018
flexyrule:
whatever man. Believe in whatever that works for you.
We can as well throw d Bible away, do and believe whatever we want
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:24pm On May 21, 2018
SammieJayh:

An example in the bible was when Elisha keyed into the Grace/anointing of Elijah... grin

Y'all need to seek wisdom and understanding...
what did Jesus now come 2 accomplish?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:27pm On May 21, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The jet services more than Oyedepo or even the first 10 pastors in winners. Even assistant to the assistant of provincial pastors get to use the jets based on how pressing the needs are.
Really? U have witnessed it urself?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by dgr8truth(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2018
400billionman:
God gave him a revelation that is why he is prospering When God speaks to a man He can never remain the same
What revelation are you talking about? What is that God wants to reveal that is new that he has not already revealed in the bible. All that has to do with life and godliness god has already revealed to man, and they are in the bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:37pm On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:

Let me ask you a question. Who owns all the jets/plane in the Nigerian presidential fleet?

Well, It belongs to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and was purchased and is maintained by tax payers money. However does that mean any tax payer can ride in it? You can approach the Presidential plane sometime and let's see what would happen.

That is the same for Winners Chapel. The plane of the church was procured by funds of the church and maintained by funds of the church. Should that mean every winners member must ride in it?

Winners Chapel is a church with 6,000 churches globally, 12,000 pastors and over 200 educational institutions. The organization surely needs a jet...
pls c acts 2:42-47 and 4:34-35 to c d lifestyle of d church and compare it with d one u are promoting here
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by dgr8truth(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2018
Elder001:

Churches don't pay taxes

Have you heard of aircraft parking levies
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 8:42pm On May 21, 2018
lexy2014:
Really? U have witnessed it urself?
It is common knowledge attested to by many pastors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video / Pictures From Bishop Oyedepo's Daughter's Wedding / Primate Ayodele's 2017 Prophesies On Politics, Economy, Sports, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.