Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,259 members, 7,957,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:25 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones (52250 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Buys New Car For His Barber / Pastor Adeboye Buys New Helicopter For Rural Evangelism / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by 400billionman: 8:52pm On May 21, 2018
dgr8truth:

What revelation are you talking about? What is that God wants to reveal that is new that he has not already revealed in the bible. All that has to do with life and godliness god has already revealed to man, and they are in the bible.
Read about Abraham Isaac and Jacob in Genesis on how God spoke to them in dreams. Reading the Bible is a general way of knowing about God but having a personal revelation is a personal way of knowing about God. He answers all your personal questions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Zeydah(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2018
flexyrule:
I key into Pastor Oyedepo's grace.
Father let me be blessed beyond measure.
Bless me beyond my imagination.
are u not one of the numerous people that bless him...shine your eyes bro
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Originalsly: 9:03pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=peacesamuel94 post=67754923][/quote]The more spiritual you are...the less wealthy you are expected to be . ...is your misunderstanding of what I said. You are basically saying the level of a person's spirituality can be judged according to his wealth. That's not the case.

Seek ye first...the Kingdom of God should be the priority of a true Church of God.
Seek ye first....the riches and luxuries of this earth is the priority of Prosperity Churches...how to invest your earthly possessions. ...to become rich... to be wealthy....to live a life of luxury. ... to be 'successful'...same as vanity upon vanity....reaching heaven right here on earth....before death..before the judgement. None of this has anything to do with spirituality/Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2018
SammieJayh:

Agreed...but it's not in your place to be the Judge and Jury establishing which is fake...either...

Same Bible encourages you not to judge or cast stones...

Argue with your keyboard...

Oga you be Christian so? You just dey interpret Bible wrongly.

By their ---- you shall know them

As a Christian U should have a discerning spirit to be able to know them by their fruits.

Read your Bible more often, stop waiting for pastor to do that for you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by adegeye38(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Who owns the church?

Unless you do ministrations to the eagles and birds, you don't need a private jet as a pastor.
Did u even read d article at all, the church has branches in over 153 countries and he visit these branches every week, it only normal to get a private jet, wen d church can very easily maintain it
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HeyCorleone(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2018
SammieJayh:

I just decided to leave the Catholic schools out of the shade...

Madonna owned by a Priest collects 400k+ despite the funding they receive from charity...even though they still have almost nothing to offer.

My only problem now is with some Catholics like HeyCorleone who are ready to pull down Pentecostal pastors forgetting Fr Edeh...

They also forget that asides the different denominational names, we all believe in the same God, we all accept the same Christ and are bound to one heaven...and will be Judged on equal standards...

Madonna is owned by a Priest, not the church itself. Besides the Catholic church has so many free schools in Nigeria plus school for the disabled.

Mention just one free institution owned by a Pentecostal church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HeyCorleone(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2018
joan1678:

There's ZERO sense in this post. Grow up.

There's zero sense because you can't reason.

What else do you think makes pastors rich? If we all contribute a percentage of our income towards one person won't he end up richer than us?

You're extremely dull.

You're the one who needs to grow up. Goat.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Horus(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2018
Tundeobama:

like your pastor and imam have done what stop you from doing so.
All this church has a good number of rich members a poor person will give poorly.people who give the money didn't complain I laugh at people like you online.

I am not religious and I dont follow any religion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Aragon: 10:34pm On May 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Freeze and his followers will be having sleepless night on reading this news.

Sleepless nights Ke? .. More like Raising money to Fly a Baby with a HOLE in the Heart to Indian for Surgery.. In 2weeks Complete money almost raised. So why would anyone cry cos people decides to fund an aircraft they will never set foot on? My money is going to the Sick baby jare! I have superb health Insurance in my Country here, and Pastor's dont ask for money or take people's money here, rather they give out to support anyone in need. When Nigeria gets to that stage then I will listen to your Pastors but for now y'all can keep clapping for them as they reap you off.. Enjoy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by wonlasewonimi: 12:16am On May 22, 2018
adegeye38:

Did u even read d article at all, the church has branches in over 153 countries and he visit these branches every week, it only normal to get a private jet, wen d church can very easily maintain it

Why does he need to visit the branches every week? There are so many ways he can communicate and oversee activities using technology - video conferencing for example...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by babslepe: 12:45am On May 22, 2018
misano:

Oh! You are not happy with my opinion?
According to Google, the minimum wage in US is at $7 an hour. With such a minimum wage, an average American can afford the school fees in one month.

Oyedepo's school fees is 700K yearly and with our minimum wage, an average Nigerian might have to pay his whole year's salary as fees.

See, everybody has his\her calling, Oyedepos's own is to build schools for the rich, is that bad?

if your claims are true then why do students in western countries go for student loans if it was that easy to pay and this schools are public universities so what will a private university in this western countries charge .The price is fair good and quality education does not come cheap it is just that we Nigerians like free things too much The school is not for everybody if you can afford the fees then you can enrol your kids there if not go for what you can afford .If developed countries can charge so high for their public universities then I don’t see anything wrong in the fees for a private university in a developing country
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 1:12am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
It is common knowledge attested to by many pastors.
are u one of d many pastors?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 6:37am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:
are u one of d many pastors?
Do I have to one of the pastors?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 7:02am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do I have to one of the pastors?
yeske. I needed a witness not someone who's running on "I heard".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 7:13am On May 22, 2018
babslepe:
if your claims are true then why do students in western countries go for student loans if it was that easy to pay and this schools are public universities so what will a private university in this western countries charge .The price is fair good and quality education does not come cheap it is just that we Nigerians like free things too much The school is not for everybody if you can afford the fees then you can enrol your kids there if not go for what you can afford .If developed countries can charge so high for their public universities then I don’t see anything wrong in the fees for a private university in a developing country

You just said it, the school is not for everybody (meaning only the rich can afford it). That's what I said, the school is for the rich.

Beside that students get student's loan to pay their fees, meaning that they will pay back the money when they start working and schooling. That means anybody working can pay the school fees right? But in Oyedepo's school, you can't pay it even after working for 4 years while schooling.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 7:17am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:
yeske. I needed a witness not someone who's running on "I heard".
Are you a winners LFC pastor then?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 7:20am On May 22, 2018
misano:

You just said it, the school is not for everybody (meaning only the rich can afford it). That's what I said, the school is for the rich.

Beside that students get student's loan to pay their fees, meaning that they will pay back the money when they start working and schooling. That means anybody working can pay the school fees right? But in Oyedepo's school, you can't pay it even after working for 4 years while schooling.
You need to stop saying what you don't know.
The schools doesn't offer loans but gives impressive scholarship and that is more than enough. There are poor student who can hardly feed properly enjoying scholarship there so stop the blind hate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 7:26am On May 22, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Why does he need to visit the branches every week? There are so many ways he can communicate and oversee activities using technology - video conferencing for example...
The top pastors don't visit every week. When travelling between two African countries it is common place to see a flight of 8hr taking 4 days or more because the airline have to utilize the assets profitably.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 7:46am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
You need to stop saying what you don't know.
The schools doesn't offer loans but gives impressive scholarship and that is more than enough. There are poor student who can hardly feed properly enjoying scholarship there so stop the blind hate.

Oyedepo's school is for the rich.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 7:51am On May 22, 2018
misano:

I read where you tried condenming Oyedepo/CU by juxtaposing the minimum wage in Nigeria against the fees CU charges.

What you don't realize are much:
1. The school provides good services like Power, Water, security, shelter which goeas into the final school fee.
2. The school pay well and staff the departments adequately also. That also affects the overall fee because they staff are paid continuously.
3. The school has infrastructures above the average public uni and that requires both huge money to spend and run.
4. The government run unis subsidizes public uni education by as high as N400,000 per student per year in some schools like UI. If the public in grad was to work for it then the average minimum wage wont cover his fees adequately.
5. The reason the govt is finding it hard to pay minimum wage is that it subsidizes public uni like UI, OAU heavily and so it will be wrong of you to now blame Oyedepo for running a school the minimum wage earner can't afford.
. . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 7:52am On May 22, 2018
misano:

Oyedepo's school is for the rich.
You are not trying to reason here but just shout your ignorant opinion.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 8:03am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:
pls c acts 2:42-47 and 4:34-35 to c d lifestyle of d church and compare it with d one u are promoting here
You are jumping from one argument to the other. The question here is are you leaving the kind of life that was promoted in those verses yourself before asking someone else to do it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by peacesamuel94(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2018
Originalsly:
The more spiritual you are...the less wealthy you are expected to be . ...is your misunderstanding of what I said. You are basically saying the level of a person's spirituality can be judged according to his wealth. That's not the case.

Seek ye first...the Kingdom of God should be the priority of a true Church of God.
Seek ye first....the riches and luxuries of this earth is the priority of Prosperity Churches...how to invest your earthly possessions. ...to become rich... to be wealthy....to live a life of luxury. ... to be 'successful'...same as vanity upon vanity....reaching heaven right here on earth....before death..before the judgement. None of this has anything to do with spirituality/Christianity.

You said in your previous post, that prosperity preaching churches have Nothing to do with spirituality but Everything to do with amassing wealth, that only means that their relationship is inversely proportional.

You also said that they're misleading people into believing that they're the church of God whereas they're prosperity churches(which means prosperity preaching churches are not ordained by God). You see the underlying meaning of your Post is too obvious to be misunderstood.

which church ever told you to seek prosperity before God, or you're just assuming. if yes then I should tell you that, one of the most popular verse of the scripture in one of these Churches I have been to(winners chapel) is Matthew 6:33. There was a time a program called operation matt 6:33 was declared in the church. even up till now members are advised to concentrate on soul winning before other things.

So saying all Prosperity Churches don't preach on seeking God first, is a very ignorant and unfounded claim.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:21am On May 22, 2018
HigherEd:

You are jumping from one argument to the other. The question here is are you leaving the kind of life that was promoted in those verses yourself before asking someone else to do it.
ur initial post talked about winners being an organization which implies structure. U also mentioned church funds and how it was used 2 buy jet. D scriptures I shared with u showed u how d church was organised and how they practiced their Christianity. D scriptures showed u how church funds were used. D emphasis was on sharing and fellowship(togertherliness). Does that sound like jumping from one place 2 another except u want 2 dispute it. D question about what I practice cos d emphasis here is on collective practice except u are asking me if am an apostle or if I own a church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 8:26am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Are you a winners LFC pastor then?
am not and am guessing that u aren't as well
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by aisosa101(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2018
dgr8truth:
You bought a new airplane for yourself to enjoy, also contributing to government coffers through taxes and other levies, but the poor and foolish christians who contributed 10 percent of their sweat to fund your life style have nothing in return. Ah, Mr MOG you are wicked!
when davido bought his own why didn't u shout
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by wonlasewonimi: 9:28am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The top pastors don't visit every week. When travelling between two African countries it is common place to see a flight of 8hr taking 4 days or more because the airline have to utilize the assets profitably.

It still doesn't justify the Capex and opex for running the fleet. It's cost effective to charter but never mind oyedepo is too flamboyant for that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 10:41am On May 22, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

It still doesn't justify the Capex and opex for running the fleet. It's cost effective to charter but never mind oyedepo is too flamboyant for that.
You are not making sense here. How is Oyedepo flamboyant?

Which fleet are you referring to here?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by CodeTemplar: 10:44am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:
am not and am guessing that u aren't as well
If you and I aren't winners pastors then common sense dictates that we go by the words of winners pastors who have board and used the ministries jet. You are determined to argue endlessly and that is obvious from your posts.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by lexy2014: 10:58am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If you and I aren't winners pastors then common sense dictates that we go by the words of winners pastors who have board and used the ministries jet. You are determined to argue endlessly and that is obvious from your posts.
d pastors told u they didn't tell me and u aren't one of d pastors who u said have used d jets. Like I said earlier, I was expecting 2 hear from a witness not a "I heard" person
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by wonlasewonimi: 11:09am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
You are not making sense here. How is Oyedepo flamboyant?

Which fleet are you referring to here?

How many private jets has he got? Having one is even flamboyant not to mention more than one..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by misano(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I read where you tried condenming Oyedepo/CU by juxtaposing the minimum wage in Nigeria against the fees CU charges.

What you don't realize are much:
1. The school provides good services like Power, Water, security, shelter which goeas into the final school fee.
2. The school pay well and staff the departments adequately also. That also affects the overall fee because they staff are paid continuously.
3. The school has infrastructures above the average public uni and that requires both huge money to spend and run.
4. The government run unis subsidizes public uni education by as high as N400,000 per student per year in some schools like UI. If the public in grad was to work for it then the average minimum wage wont cover his fees adequately.
5. The reason the govt is finding it hard to pay minimum wage is that it subsidizes public uni like UI, OAU heavily and so it will be wrong of you to now blame Oyedepo for running a school the minimum wage earner can't afford.
. . .

Bottom line is.... the school belongs to the rich.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / Biodun Fatoyinbo's COZA Pilot Crew (photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.