Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents (29679 Views)

Reps Mull Removal Of Immunity For Presidents, VPs, Governors, Deputy Governors / Benjamin Mzondu Introduces A Bill To Raise Academic Qualification For Presidents / May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:24am On May 22, 2018
dudebuck:
You called it Switzerland, Switzerland is a nation, is the zoo a nation?

yes

FYI it is a mere geographical expression,

so sad they have used English to capture your thinking

the feeding bottle system this zoo is using is the very reason thing are only going downhill,

this caused by laziness

The US is using a federal system,
that the PEOPLE DEFEND with their lives not with mouth

that is why things are working for them,

why won't it work when ppl are willing to fight for it

what are we willing to fight for, nothing
even our own lives (benue and taraba ppl ) refuse to stand up for

same with China but just with a little twist, that you must belong to the CCP,

you know the ccp don't play with their way of life

same with Russia,

Putin
abramovich all fought for their share

the federating units do not run to the capital at the end of every month with cap in hand just as the monkeys in the zoo do.
that's there choice
we can change it
I don't see anybody complaining when eagles are playing or our anthem is sung at Olympics
it is you that makes the nation a zoo not politicians
the many not the few
and we don't have problem with each other
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 5:49am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

yes

so sad they have used English to capture your thinking

this caused by laziness

that the PEOPLE DEFEND with their lives not with mouth
why won't it work when ppl are willing to fight for it

what are we willing to fight for, nothing
even our own lives (benue and taraba ppl ) refuse to stand up for
you know the ccp don't play with their way of life

Putin
abramovich all fought for their share

that's there choice
we can change it
I don't see anybody complaining when eagles are playing or our anthem is sung at Olympics
it is you that makes the nation a zoo not politicians
the many not the few
and we don't have problem with each other
Of course we do. My ancestors did exist as nigerians, so why should anybody force me to? BTW when those people are running around like headless chickens on the pitch or the martial song you call anthem is sung, I don't give a fvck, In stopped watching them play since 2014 when Nnamdi Kanu opened my eyes. That is one, Nnamdi Kanu was here preaching about Biafra, but also made it clear on several occasions that he will accept if there can be some changes, only 1diots refused to understand him, now where is Kanu? What about the people who where with him, what of the IPOB members that were wasted by those cowardly criminals you call army killed, did they not pay the ultimate price? You are on Nairaland running your mouth, as if I have not exposed myself to dangers when marching on the street with my comrades. Coward like you.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by Metuh: 5:56am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:

When did Nigeria adopt "Communism"? Some of you will just be looking for who to tackle like we are dragging babe, i asked a simple question "what will be their duties" and you answered me like we are dragging Landlord's hottest daughter...... angry
Don't be lazy, goan find out the duties of CUBA VPs.

What's the duties of Osibanjo
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by Mikeross62: 5:56am On May 22, 2018
The disadvantages out weigh the advantages
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:00am On May 22, 2018
dudebuck:
Of course we do. My ancestors did exist as nigerians, so why should anybody force me to?
which passport do you use?

BTW when those people are running around like headless chickens on the pitch or the martial song you call anthem is sung, I don't give a fvck, In stopped watching them play since 2014
way before that

when Nnamdi Kanu opened my eyes. That is one, Nnamdi Kanu was here preaching about Biafra, but also made it clear on several occasions that he will accept if there can be some changes, only 1diots refused to understand him, now where is Kanu?

he is where stupid ppl go when they challenge the state and looters with mouth

What about the people who where with him,

see above

what of the IPOB members that were wasted by those cowardly criminals you call army killed,

only Boko and militants get to call them cowards
they're your overlords to you

did they not pay the ultimate price?

stupid price
haven't they learned that you can't reason with army or northerners
they only understand strength and force

You are on Nairaland running your mouth, as if I have not exposed myself to dangers when marching on the street with my comrades. Coward like you.
I don't carry mouth to gun fight
that's why my constituency use yours for target practice
rather a coward than a fool
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 6:23am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

which passport do you use?

way before that

he is where stupid ppl go when they challenge the state and looters with mouth

see above

only Boko and militants get to call them cowards
they're your overlords to you

stupid price
haven't they learned that you can't reason with army or northerners
they only understand strength and force
I don't carry mouth to gun fight
that's why my constituency use yours for target practice
rather a coward than a fool
You are just a fvcking coward, I passed through the valley of the shadow of death, you did not, so don't tell me anything about defending with mouth. Keyboard warrior like you.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by Iceberg3: 6:34am On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

who's "WE"
u na caliphate boy boy grin
now assume the position
cc immhotep DaBullIT pointzerom iceberg3

That's another 3D errand pigeon of the caliphate.. They have no opinion when it comes to matters between them and the caliphate,they are all zombies. They only have opinions when it comes to choice of malu to service grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by Iceberg3: 6:36am On May 22, 2018
Roger3D:
IPOB is not in a position to dictate to the Nigeria state on any matter. When it comes to matters that border on the Igbo interest, Ohaneze is the only group authorized to speak on your behalf. We don't recognise any miscreants grin

I bet the WE there is you ewedus and your caliphate lords and masters grin

Mental

Lzaa immhotep shalomc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:39am On May 22, 2018
dudebuck:
You are just a fvcking coward, I passed through the valley of the shadow of death, you did not, so don't tell me anything about defending with mouth. Keyboard warrior like you.
valley of death are my ppl. sorry for your loss but no sorry. all fools and treason will be dealt with
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:39am On May 22, 2018
dudebuck:
valley of death are my ppl. sorry for your loss but no sorry. all fools and treason will be dealt with summarily.
next time come prepared not with mouth then we can talk
all this your mouth na hia e end
if you near my barracks I will have you danced on by pythons
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
yet no bedlam in Switzerland

Nigeria has not attained the political sophistication of Ghana or South Africa and you are busy trying to emulate Switzerland.
I wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by ifyboy60(m): 7:12am On May 22, 2018
King44:
but the same system of governance was practiced before and the North were also benefited

Of a fact, the north we have today is painfully fragmented on religious grounds.
its not like in times past when the north was one.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 7:17am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
valley of death are my ppl. sorry for your loss but no sorry. all fools and treason will be dealt with summarily.
next time come prepared not with mouth then we can talk
all this your mouth na hia e end
if you near my barracks I will have you danced on by pythons
What else can one expect a keyboard, you said defend with lives not mouth, and you learned that I have actually stood up for what I beleive in, all of a sudden you make 360 and say oh treason this, treason that, you are two face fvcking cowardly keyboard warrior, simple as abc, you cannot even put up your miserable for the zoo, I and my comrades did it for Biafra.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by LZAA: 7:25am On May 22, 2018
Iceberg3:

I bet the WE there is you ewedus and your caliphate lords and masters grin

Mental

Lzaa immhotep shalomc

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by oshomoshi: 7:49am On May 22, 2018
Five vice presidents is much in my opinion
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by abnot: 7:49am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
nothing wrong with the structure. it's the ppl
A system where most of the states are consumers of resources from 3 to 5 states. Don’t deceive yourself Nigeria will only continue to get worse with this system. Kindly read about the federal system being operated in USA and you’ll see that Nigeria is doomed to fail without oil money
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by DreamersVille24(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2018
Gerrard59:

If you cannot make your points without insults, kindly let me know.

His suggestion doesn't make any sense. Why not ten vice presidents? Why stop at five? The costs of running such government will be overly expensive. The more I attempt to think about it, the more it comes across as ridiculous.

At the coloured: It's the more reason I'm disappointed. The individuals I know who have a first will not think about such a suggestion.

This is more like it.

His suggestion is more like a regional system of government, like Nigeria used to practise before the unfortunate interference of the military in 1966.

The VPs will be in charge of the various regions, and there will be no state governors.

As it stands now, three things only can salvage Nigeria:

- A new constitution, written and agreed upon by Nigerians.
- Going back to the regional system of government or any other such re-arrangement that will give more power to the units of the federation, the centre is too powerful in the current system and it's a major major problem.
- Rotational presidency of a single term, to be rotated among the regions too, with the president having less powers than we have today.

Soludo's suggestion is not a bad one at all if you look at it objectively and logically.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by GuntersChain(m): 9:23am On May 22, 2018
politics in nigeria is too lucrative and juicy, they should make it less attractive so it can become service to humanity. the state and national assembly should be paid per sitting; dissolve the power in the centre by resource control states take charge of their resources and pay tax to centre, states which are not viable should be merged with a viable one, create state and community policing. do away with quota system. eliminate some useless ministries that are not productive, all workers do is sign attendance and gossip till close of work. enact strong labour laws to protect the citizens from capitalist vampires.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by King44(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2018
ifyboy60:

Of a fact, the north we have today is painfully fragmented on religious grounds.
its not like in times past when the north was one.
the politics practiced in Nigeria presently really spoiled things
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by Awesome01(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2018
LadyExcellency:

But Nigeria is not working.

We need to do something differently for this country to work.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is simply madness.

I'm with you and Soludo 100%. Even if Nigeria does not work as a whole, some regions will work based on competition, looking at how states like Lagos for example surprised us with infrastructural development and people oriented projects, which is being seen as impossible tasks before.

We need to decentralize this government, too much power, decision making and reliance is being given to the President. Imagine, blaming the president for every thing going wrong in every state, what then is the use of governors and local government chairmen.

But I know it won't be achieved because of oil money.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by akigbemaru: 10:04am On May 22, 2018
nwakibie3:
"The tenure of office of the President shall be a single term of six years," Soludo said. "There shall be five Vice Presidents. One from each of the six geopolitical zones.”

A Nigerian economics professor and a former Governor and chairman of the board of directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, on Monday called for a single term of six years for the country's presidents.

He made this call at the Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka, Anambra State, while speaking at the south east summit on restructuring Nigeria.

He also suggested that the country should have five vice presidents, each representing a geopolitical zone.

Pointing out that presidents should serve for a single term and the years of the term should be extended from four years to six years, Soludo said: “The tenure of office of the President shall be a single term of six years.

"There shall be five Vice Presidents. One from each of the six geopolitical zones.”

Soludo’s comments come as a reawakening of calls by notable Nigerians for the restructuring of the country.

Also speaking at the summit was the President of the Ohaneze, John Nwodo, who called for equality in the affairs.

The summit was attended by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu; former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana; Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano; Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, former APGA Chairman, Victor Umeh; Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu and Niger Delta leader Edwin Clark, amongst others.

It was earlier reported that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) threatened to disrupt the summit on the grounds that Biafra is non-negotiable.

The statement released by the IPOB spokesman, Emma Powerful, in Enugu tate threatening to disrupt the summit read in parts: “All we want is referendum not restructuring; we want Biafra not Nigeria.

"We have buried too many people; we have lost too many souls; we are pained by the innocent people that are still languishing in illegal detention all over Nigeria and we are enraged by the betrayal of those we call socio-political leaders. Only the total restoration of Biafra will suffice; anything else is mere waste of time.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/21/nigeria-needs-five-vice-presidents-and-six-year-single-term-presidents-says-soludo
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by ifyboy60(m): 10:51am On May 22, 2018
King44:
the politics practiced in Nigeria presently really spoiled things

exactly, today everything have to do with religion.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by odigbosky(m): 11:06am On May 22, 2018
Awesome01:

I'm with you and Soludo 100%. Even if Nigeria does not work as a whole, some regions will work based on competition, looking at how states like Lagos for example surprised us with infrastructural development and people oriented projects, which is being seen as impossible tasks before.

We need to decentralize this government, too much power, decision making and reliance is being given to the President. Imagine, blaming the president for every thing going wrong in every state, what then is the use of governors and local government chairmen.

But I know it won't be achieved because of oil money.

While i agree with some of Soludos idea, i think there is still some loopholes, Regions like the south south and North central will be heavily fractured because the tribes you have there are so many. But if we maintain this state structure that we have now, and give more powers to the LGA chairmen and governors. Let these guys take care of themselves. Trust me the competition would be very healthy. Secondly people should not be allowed to move anyhow for now, we should at least try and curb migration to check underdevelopment of some states and regions. We have to sit down and talk, Nigeria like this isn't going anywhere walahi....
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:23pm On May 22, 2018
abnot:

A system where most of the states are consumers of resources from 3 to 5 states.

which state is consuming oil
is it not only the politicians
we all producing what we consume
the oil no reach the masses and it's not ur to 20% of GDP though about 35% govt revenue (rest is taxes and custom duties)

Don’t deceive yourself Nigeria will only continue to get worse with this system.

if you believe that
so shall it be for you
I don'
get power, fix your constituency
so that shame will catch them and their ppl eyes will be opened or they move to yours and increase your tax base

Kindly read about the federal system being operated in USA and you’ll see that Nigeria is doomed to fail without oil money
without oil money they will focus on tax (Lagos) which will force ppl to start asking their leaders questions cos now it's their pocket feeling it not oil

but hey if you'd rather say woe is you and do nothing then be my guest
continue siddon look
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by xandy84: 6:30pm On May 22, 2018
Our problem is structure and people. Our form of government is not defined. We practice federalism with no free States and local governments. We need to practice true federalism and we will accelerates development because each governors will not want to be left behind. 6 VP will further impoverished already broke country. We need to trim down numbers of elected officials and not increase it. United States has 50 states and 100 senators while Nigeria has 36 states and 106 senators... that does not add up...

thesicilian:

Personally I think the problem is not the structure, but the people. The same structure that everyone is clamouring for to be changed, is working well all over the world.
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:31pm On May 22, 2018
dudebuck:
What else can one expect a keyboard, you said defend with lives not mouth,

1. you're still alive
2.only fools stand up without backup(never take mouth to a gunfight, you will lose, everytime (free advice)

and you learned that I have actually stood up for what I beleive in,
you did not stand up
you made noise
and you lost

all of a sudden you make 360 and say oh treason this,

why do you think you got massacred
you think this is soap opera
this is real life boy
their are no do overs so get it right like militants and Boko (now those are men standing up for what they believe, you're just testing the water temperature with your toes and have seen that the temperature pass your power, you're not ready

treason that, you are two face fvcking cowardly keyboard warrior,

will you be willing to say this to my face in the barracks
I can give you time and place so we know how brave you are and also how smart

simple as abc, you cannot even put up your miserable for the zoo,

we did in 1966
we danced on your pythons head few months ago
we will continue to dance on your graves

I hope you continue to provide us with target practice

I and my comrades did it for Biafra.
Wey d biafra
dis is Nigeria boy
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:32pm On May 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Nigeria has not attained the political sophistication of Ghana or South Africa and you are busy trying to emulate Switzerland.
I wish you luck.
we haven't reached yankee yet we're emulating them
which one do you think is easier to attain
1 Nigeria or 6
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 7:06pm On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

1. you're still alive
2.only fools stand up without backup(never take mouth to a gunfight, you will lose, everytime (free advice)

you did not stand up
you made noise
and you lost

why do you think you got massacred
you think this is soap opera
this is real life boy
their are no do overs so get it right like militants and Boko (now those are men standing up for what they believe, you're just testing the water temperature with your toes and have seen that the temperature pass your power, you're not ready

will you be willing to say this to my face in the barracks
I can give you time and place so we know how brave you are and also how smart

we did in 1966
we danced on your pythons head few months ago
we will continue to dance on your graves

I hope you continue to provide us with target practice Wey d biafra
dis is Nigeria boy
Keyboard warriors make the loudest noise online
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:16am On May 23, 2018
dudebuck:
Keyboard warriors make the loudest noise online
yeah
you do
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 9:27am On May 23, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
yeah you do
Or you?
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:40pm On May 23, 2018
dudebuck:
Or you?
you know yourself
Re: Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents by dudebuck: 10:19pm On May 23, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
you know yourself
I know myself that I am not a keyboard warrior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose / Final List of Candidates for Anambra Governorship election / When Is Alamieyeseigha’s Burial? The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.