Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Many Shades Of "No" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Many Shades Of "No" (27283 Views)

50 Shades Of Grey Is Rape. But Women Love Reading It?? / Facebook User Shades His Ex Girlfriend On Her Birthday Who Said He Was Broke / Family Shades Mum In Obituary For Abandoning Kids To Live With Brother-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Shades Of "No" by Lazyreporta(m): 7:14pm On May 22, 2018
When you first meet a woman, one of the things she might say is: I’m not looking for a relationship. One of the reasons a woman says this is that a lot of guys come on so heavy when they meet her. They start talking about girlfriends. They start talking about dating and all this other stuff, and she starts thinking: This guy is needy. This guy has no confidence and is weak. Women come up with generic responses to these situations, because most guys will not take no for an answer. The women will reject them, because they start to feel like they will lose their freedom if they start dating them.

Another thing about women that you have to understand is that they are never going to say: I don’t like you. I am not attracted to you, and I wouldn’t go out with you if you were the last man on earth. Very few women are blunt enough to respond to a man’s advances in this way. The reason most women will not directly tell you they are not interested in you is because men have pretty much made them that way.

When a man has met a woman and is really into her, he will ask for her phone number. If she is not into him, she could say: I’m sorry, but I’m not interested. Too many times, the typical man’s response is something along the lines of: What do you mean you’re not interested? If she replies: I’m just not interested. He will often push the issue: What do you mean? Are you saying you don’t like me? At this point she is getting uncomfortable, and she tries to explain: Well, you’re just not the type of guy I would normally date. He, in turn, starts to become indignant about it: What does that mean? I’m not good enough for you? I’m not good looking enough for you?

How do you ever get anybody to go out with you if you have that kind of attitude? It’s pretty arrogant and weak, don’t you think? Every woman has met a guy that has acted that way in her life. The guys won’t take “no” for an answer, so she, indirectly, is hoping that he will get the hint and understand the “secret language” that she is speaking to him. Women are emotional beings and simply don’t want to hurt your feelings or create an awkward moment. Instead, she uses a roundabout way of saying: I’m really not interested. Women will even sometimes give you their number, because they do not want to lie to you, but they also want to avoid the typical man’s confrontational behavior. They know that later, through voice mail, they can just screen you out, and hopefully, you will get the hint and go away.

If they think you may be a real nuisance, they may even give you a wrong number. That brings another point to mind: When a woman gives you a number, don’t stand there and call it to see if it is a legitimate number. Some guys will actually do this. It is so needy and insecure. What it says to her is: I really don’t think I am good enough to take you out, and I don’t really think you are interested in me. I want to make sure, right in front of you, that you are not lying to me. Right away, you are telling her that you don’t even trust her. Just confidently text yours to her as you’re standing there so she has it, and tell her you are doing it.

At that point, you are done, even if she gave you a real number to begin with. You just lowered her attraction level, and it may have been high to start with. When you eventually do call her, you are going to find out whether she likes you or not. After all, who cares? You don’t want to waste your time and energy by going out and getting emotionally hung up on a woman that has no interest in you. You only want to spend your time with a woman that has a high attraction level, because she will make it easy to date her, and she will be a lot more fun when you do. You will not have to work so hard.

Source: Facebook

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Lazyreporta(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2018
Note: nobody is saying don't make money, ok?
It's not always all about money... lot of guys are rich yet they can't keep a woman.
This is not a money making thread.

Thanks!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Iamdmentor1(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
Patience is very important in seduction. Paying attention to detail is the ultimate.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Lazyreporta(m): 9:37pm On May 22, 2018
grin
Baba don come sit
Iamdmentor1:
smiley
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 22, 2018
Women are not worth disturbing ourselves about, just make money and watch them fall over you. If I was serious and posted on my facebook that I need a wife, my inbox will be blown up. Freedom is priceless, be sure that you are emotionally and financially stable before you start worrying your head. There is a woman for every man

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by ibkayee(f): 11:09pm On May 22, 2018
Writeup is 100% on point

2 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by donstan18: 11:25pm On May 22, 2018
A woman will start learning these things if you are rich.

9 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Lazyreporta(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2018
DonPiiko:
Women are not worth disturbing ourselves about, just make money and watch them fall over you. If I was serious and posted on my facebook that I need a wife, my inbox will be blown up. Freedom is priceless, be sure that you are emotionally and financially stable before you start worrying your head. There is a woman for every man

Oga, no be money thread be this...

Everyone knows man must make money, ok?

Na romance section be this

27 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by kazyhm(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2018
ibkayee:
Writeup is 100% on point

so you re in this category ?

1 Like

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Larryslim(m): 5:28am On May 23, 2018
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by utenwuson: 5:31am On May 23, 2018
lol...
it's on record that I have never woo a lady to get the "No" answer, because I don't just walk up to random ladies to start a pick up line or so.

if I like a lady, all I do is form familiarity, it's takes weeks or even month, I may not even ask for your number until am sure u won't say "NO" I built all this things just cos of my ego,

I can't stop a girl on the road, never, if she nags or yell at me, I may go mad for days. I can lift a lady on the road and within me right inside my car I know if I ask of her number she will gladly give me, infact she will be expecting me to say " can I have your digit" but never, I just keep her in suspense for a long time so when I give out my normal pick up line.. the answer is "hmmmmm" and when a lady tells u this, bros u are already close to Hmmmm...

if u know u know.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by tectonotimes: 5:32am On May 23, 2018
Ladies are the most lovely human beings that God created. I am saying this from personal experience. Do you want to make millions of naira through export business, click on the first link on my signature.
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by sunnywhyt007: 5:32am On May 23, 2018
Dem too dey form!! Something wey u go still chop come dey put em for nose first

2 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by femi4: 5:34am On May 23, 2018
See stress, just to get a woman.

Just be intelligent, hardworking and have MONEY .....no time for long thing

17 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by WINNERMENTALITY: 5:35am On May 23, 2018
Some girls are manipulative like ogbanje, speaking proverbs and riddles same time. Like me even i finally get u, will walk out of that relationship weeks later.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by khalhokage(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2018
That thing where guys call a number immediately is so stupid and cringy, I mean, if she gave you a wrong number doesn't that tell you that she's not interested, she does not want you to call her, why will you want to force yourself into someone elses life?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Rtopzy(f): 5:40am On May 23, 2018
If she says "no".... ...... bro, let her be.......she just want her space biko........ some men can be freaking annoying

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Cutehector(m): 5:40am On May 23, 2018
Too much of giving someone attention dey make person do shakara...

Remind these doll babies that there are over 7 billion people on earth and just a handful of these females are sensible.

9 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On May 23, 2018
Funny grin
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Davico(m): 5:42am On May 23, 2018
Lazyreporta:
When you first meet a woman, one of the things she might say is: I’m not looking for a relationship. One of the reasons a woman says this is that a lot of guys come on so heavy when they meet her. They start talking about girlfriends. They start talking about dating and all this other stuff, and she starts thinking: This guy is needy. This guy has no confidence and is weak. Women come up with generic responses to these situations, because most guys will not take no for an answer. The women will reject them, because they start to feel like they will lose their freedom if they start dating them.

Another thing about women that you have to understand is that they are never going to say: I don’t like you. I am not attracted to you, and I wouldn’t go out with you if you were the last man on earth. Very few women are blunt enough to respond to a man’s advances in this way. The reason most women will not directly tell you they are not interested in you is because men have pretty much made them that way.

When a man has met a woman and is really into her, he will ask for her phone number. If she is not into him, she could say: I’m sorry, but I’m not interested. Too many times, the typical man’s response is something along the lines of: What do you mean you’re not interested? If she replies: I’m just not interested. He will often push the issue: What do you mean? Are you saying you don’t like me? At this point she is getting uncomfortable, and she tries to explain: Well, you’re just not the type of guy I would normally date. He, in turn, starts to become indignant about it: What does that mean? I’m not good enough for you? I’m not good looking enough for you?

How do you ever get anybody to go out with you if you have that kind of attitude? It’s pretty arrogant and weak, don’t you think? Every woman has met a guy that has acted that way in her life. The guys won’t take “no” for an answer, so she, indirectly, is hoping that he will get the hint and understand the “secret language” that she is speaking to him. Women are emotional beings and simply don’t want to hurt your feelings or create an awkward moment. Instead, she uses a roundabout way of saying: I’m really not interested. Women will even sometimes give you their number, because they do not want to lie to you, but they also want to avoid the typical man’s confrontational behavior. They know that later, through voice mail, they can just screen you out, and hopefully, you will get the hint and go away.

If they think you may be a real nuisance, they may even give you a wrong number. That brings another point to mind: When a woman gives you a number, don’t stand there and call it to see if it is a legitimate number. Some guys will actually do this. It is so needy and insecure. What it says to her is: I really don’t think I am good enough to take you out, and I don’t really think you are interested in me. I want to make sure, right in front of you, that you are not lying to me. Right away, you are telling her that you don’t even trust her. Just confidently text yours to her as you’re standing there so she has it, and tell her you are doing it.

At that point, you are done, even if she gave you a real number to begin with. You just lowered her attraction level, and it may have been high to start with. When you eventually do call her, you are going to find out whether she likes you or not. After all, who cares? You don’t want to waste your time and energy by going out and getting emotionally hung up on a woman that has no interest in you. You only want to spend your time with a woman that has a high attraction level, because she will make it easy to date her, and she will be a lot more fun when you do. You will not have to work so hard.

Source: Facebook
I don't understand the whole write up angry

8 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by johnstar(m): 5:43am On May 23, 2018
Na 9ja gals mentality

Na dm cheap pass oo bt dm go dey form hard to get

Ndi ara

7 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by 190: 5:43am On May 23, 2018
Una really get time sha
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:47am On May 23, 2018
who ladies epp

2 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Lordcenturion2(m): 5:49am On May 23, 2018
Seun need to oil this robot, he woke up too early
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Nobody: 5:50am On May 23, 2018
You're right Op, but you really can't understand women completely.

I once met a tall pretty girl at a bank's canteen. After the meal, I walked up to her while she was leaving.....told her I like her height and pretty face and would love to see more of her. She initially smiled and showed a good sign of "I'll be interested". Then she gave me her number, I flashed hers.

I noticed that anytime I call, she's always forming busy or giving one excuse or the other. I didn't even call up to 4 times before blanking.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Yeligray(m): 5:51am On May 23, 2018
Jesus loves you all, Good morning

12 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Nobody: 5:52am On May 23, 2018
Lazyreporta:

Oga, no be money thread be this...

Everyone knows man must make money, ok?

Na romance section be this

Romance with no finance. Is that one romance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by fiercehillz(m): 5:53am On May 23, 2018
For me the real deal is after you have successfully exchanged contacts and you guys are getting to know each other. I believe women desire men that make their intention known, men that care...but you don't really need to make her know the degree of your affection towards her...sometimes they desire what they can't have while some love guys with enough paper, others dig guys with class...few times they love guys that give them undivided attention...I believe you just have to study a babe to know the best approach cos there is no defined rule. Humans are wired differently...but if you think she is not just into you, please accept it and move on bruv

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Quality20(m): 5:54am On May 23, 2018
The one I kind of detest is to see men walking along d road pestering ladies who might not even be responding to them. Some even pick up other people's bike or car and start looking around for any lady ,calling and whistling names like suzan , zainab etc, just because they have some change in their pockets and are ready to defile and label some ladies with d word slot

9 Likes

Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by kindy51(m): 5:56am On May 23, 2018
Cool article
Re: The Many Shades Of "No" by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:02am On May 23, 2018
Chai!

Ladies have brain too, you know.

If you walk up to a girl first time you meet her, start toasting her and she says yes, she most likely needs money, sex or just needs a good time in any other way. You'll find out soon enough, once she starts asking for stuff.

A guy can't just pounce on a sensible girl and expect her to roll over just like that. They get attracted to guys for a lot of different reasons.

A girl has a greater chance of really falling for a guy when he has all the attributes she secretly desires (that's why they cheat on their BFs, BTW, if the BF just has money to offer and the other guy is everything they want in a guy) and they like to study a guy. That's why girls often fall for a guy without him asking her out.

I have had situations where girls confided in my friends that they liked me but didn't know what to do about it (I was quite unapproachable when I was single, I'd had my heart shattered) and even when I was told, I did nothing because I was not interested at that point.

Its better to let a girl look at who you really are and like you for it than to pester her and give her money.

If you find that girls aren't attracted to you without your trying to buy them, you need to work on yourself.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? / 3 Ridiculous Reasons Why Women Friend-zone Guys / Many Reasons Why Men Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.