Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (77605 Views)

Tension In Onitsha Market Over Lga’s Planned Demolition Of Shops / Rising Ethnic Tension Between Hausa And Fulani By Farooq A. Kperogi / Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MakeADifference: 3:34am On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
firstly, this is an abuse of the military. an insult to the Nigerian military. that the military would be called to a trivial case like this is abhorring. this is a chairman's case.

secondly, the reporter is biased. we do not know what happened really. some igbo men are known to display hostility toward northerners or other tribes who do not speak igbo. they feel superior to everyone and want to get the first seat and they insult people for no reason.

thirdly, this might chase many customers away. igbo men make a lot of cash from hausa customers.

everything is translated into tribe and racism. I do not see it happening here. the hausa man does not speak igbo and the mob might have scared him. if I were the one i would definitely do the same. because the people in that onitsha market act too wise and too aggressive.

i love the way they stood up against the military and this is a warning to other clients that the military does not have the ultimate power. they will surely try to solve the issues before it escalates.

but where is the chairman's presence all along? all customers should know who to report to when they face unfair treatment. the reason this case got to the chairman's office is that the military got involved. would the chairman have paid any attention had the military not come?

is there a hotline that customers can reach to report any challenge?

is the chairman's office at a visible range or central location that customers can easily reach?

the fact is that the chairman allows traders to sell fake good and write fake invoice. many people have fallen victims to onitsha marketers. they all know but they think that they are smarter than everyone else. when one is faced with a case like that only the military intervention is sure.

you can quote and insult me but the truth never changes.

the one that hausa man did is worthy of an announcement. but the crimes committed in onithsa market daily is called wisdom. the fake goods and fake drugs sold there to kill people. why is no one reporting it?

if you stand up to military provocation against one igbo man, what stops you from standing up against the thousands of innocent people dying from fake good and fake drugs produced in onitsha market?
that is what honesty is all about i guess.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 3:35am On May 24, 2018
TheGreatJapan:

Arindin

fveeeekkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuu...!!!!!!
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 3:39am On May 24, 2018
TheGreatJapan:

Omo Ale

you yoruba,them igbos.....who cares....una both can go to hell....!!!!

ohhh sorry...una are already in hell....!!

then,both of you can go and die for all we care.....
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MinCeteris: 4:45am On May 24, 2018
dainformant:
A man has narrated how violence would have erupted today at Onitsha Main Market in Anambra state after a Hausa man allegedly fought with a group of Igbo men following a disagreement. Ekwegbalu Nnamdi who witnessed the incident - took to Facebook to narrate what happened. Read below;

An ordinary incidence would have deteriorated into a violent demonstration today in Onitsha Main Market. And the incidence was as follows: a certain Hausa man allegedly was said to have been beaten by a group of Igbo men, reason being that he allegedly threw a metal pipe at a group of persons merely because they had asked him to carry his load with ease. Angrily some of those men resorted to fighting the Hausa man.

The Hausa man however, speedily ran to the barracks to bring military men. The soldiers without hesitation landed in the market and bundled a certain unsuspecting man into their truck. The man allegedly wasn't part of the incidence, but was unlucky to have been found at the scene of the incidence as of the time the soldiers arrived.

In response to the action, the people demonstrated that truly "Igwebuike" {Unity is Strength}. They quickly rallied round the military truck and refused that it would bundle this innocent Civilian to the barracks with them.

The soldiers however started threatening to invock violence. The matter would have gotten exponentially worse, as the people were determined to see to it that the worse happened, citing the injustice which daily is being meted on the Igbo race: from Boko Haram attacks, to the onslaught by Fulani Herdsman. They then wondered, how it is that these soldiers who were heavily armed responded quickly, merely because it was there fellow Hausa who brought the complaint.

As the tension continued to escalate and more people gathered to the scene, whereas the soldiers were equally undeterred. The chairman of Onitsha Main Market, Chief Ikechukwu Ekwegbalu swiftly intervenened, by descending to the arena like a Lion, requesting that the matter be brought to his office without delay, and with wisdom presided over the issue.

Long story cut short, the man was eventually not taken to the barracks as planned. Lesson to learn, when there is a strong leadership it acts as a deterrent to chaos. But then a point to ponder: Do these soldiers really react this speedily when a man who is not their kinsmen brings a report of an injustice to them or was it merely motivated by ethinic sentiment?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/man-reveals-what-happened-after-fight-between-hausa-man-and-igbo-men-in-onitsha.html

Rubbish.

Me and you know this is not the true picture of the incident.
This is a one sided story to suit your ethnic and tribal agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by fabre4: 5:05am On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
firstly, this is an abuse of the military. an insult to the Nigerian military. that the military would be called to a trivial case like this is abhorring. this is a chairman's case.

secondly, the reporter is biased. we do not know what happened really. some igbo men are known to display hostility toward northerners or other tribes who do not speak igbo. they feel superior to everyone and want to get the first seat and they insult people for no reason.

thirdly, this might chase many customers away. igbo men make a lot of cash from hausa customers.

everything is translated into tribe and racism. I do not see it happening here. the hausa man does not speak igbo and the mob might have scared him. if I were the one i would definitely do the same. because the people in that onitsha market act too wise and too aggressive.

i love the way they stood up against the military and this is a warning to other clients that the military does not have the ultimate power. they will surely try to solve the issues before it escalates.

but where is the chairman's presence all along? all customers should know who to report to when they face unfair treatment. the reason this case got to the chairman's office is that the military got involved. would the chairman have paid any attention had the military not come?

is the chairman's office at a visible range or central location that customers can easily reach?

the fact is that the chairman allows traders to sell fake good and write fake invoice. many people have fallen victims to onitsha marketers. they all know but they think that they are smarter than everyone else. when one is faced with a case like that only the military intervention is sure.

the one that hausa man did is worthy of an announcement. but the crimes committed in onithsa market daily is called wisdom. the fake goods and fake drugs sold there to kill people. why is no one reporting it?

if you stand up to military provocation against one igbo man, what stops you from standing up against the thousands of innocent people dying from fake good and fake drugs produced in onitsha market?

you are very wise, the fake phones Yoruba sell everyday at computer village have you or your chairman ever spoken about it... see your foolish statement the chairman should do NAFDAC jobs for them because he doesn't have his own business to run

before you remove the peck of wood in someone's eye remove the log in yours.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nigeriadondie: 5:22am On May 24, 2018
fabre4:

you are very wise, the fake phones Yoruba sell everyday at computer village have you or your chairman ever spoken about it... see your foolish statement the chairman should do NAFDAC jobs for them because he doesn't have his own business to run

before you remove the peck of wood in someone's eye remove the log in yours.
All places in the East called Ama Hausa(Hausa quarters) have soldiers on standby that readily protects them. But in the north u have strangers quarters (sabon gari). So if a citizen calls another fellow citizen strange on the same country it goes to show how divided we tryky are. Nigeria can never be united.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by fabre4: 5:29am On May 24, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

All places in the East called Ama Hausa(Hausa quarters) have soldiers on standby that readily protects them. But in the north u have strangers quarters (sabon gari). So if a citizen calls another fellow citizen strange on the same country it goes to show how divided we tryky are. Nigeria can never be united.

regional democracy is the only solution
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:33am On May 24, 2018
how is being a soldier now a tribe? don't we ve ibos who re in the army?
enh ops?
must weep up tribal sentiments reaction to everything?
look at how u carefully played down the part where a number of predatory ibomen descended on one Hausa man. Just because you hate hausas.

4 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by yinkeys(m): 5:45am On May 24, 2018
TarOrfeek:
The Army is for the 95%.

You people already have Boys Brigade and IPoB.

Please manage.
Those are navy ratings.
They are cool compared to their army colleagues. Some army dudes have mental issues sef
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by dotunbidemi: 5:46am On May 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by gamechanger1: 6:39am On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:

Very objective response. I respect your thoughts on the issue

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by jrusky(m): 6:40am On May 24, 2018
Pls what is the meaning of these long nonsense write up

What did you mean as injustice to igbo nation simply a foolish aboki in their usual way ran to barrack to brought his fellow aboki to fight for him pls is that the injustice you are damn talking about If that is it then you need brain check because benue face such millitary backing fulani everyday.

In mile12 Lagos same way millitary backed the aboki to unleash terror. In Edo a millitary shielded fulani and killed the Edo guy for challenging fulani. In Taraba and Nassarawa it happened. In kaduna it has happened severally so what is your point Every little thing we igbo love generalizing it as if it's not happening in other stares and we claim victims.

All these unwarranted attitude from these useless aboki all came to the pick since Buhari gave them license to freely cause trouble around the country.

Pls your write up makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 6:56am On May 24, 2018
Hargbo:
guy calm down...you don't judge and react when you have only a side of the story...the Igbo people might even be the ones at fault...so don't be to quick to throw blames...and you yourself knows that the manner and way you coorect people will trigger a reciprocating reaction...

which other side of story abeg.....is like u are a foreigner in this country....u might as well defend ur brodas or u might be a yoruba defending hausa fualni as usual......

which igbo is at fault....those hausa boys are fond of dong that.....

very useless set of people
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by bubu2019: 6:58am On May 24, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Why would the useless Abboki go to invite military? is this not a civil matter they should have called police?. Thanks to the brave Igbo guys You cant intimidate an Igbo man. Meanwhile in another story,q Abokki arrested Afonja iman in Ilorin inside the mosque while he was preaching on how to get their state take over by Abokki, he is still under detaintion inside cell.

The othe Oba is still in prison for 2yrs counting in t!e hands of Abokis
Yorubas are Hausa property. if they like they keep it or destroy it

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by diebuhari1: 7:01am On May 24, 2018
jrusky:
Pls what is the meaning of these long nonsense write up

What did you mean as injustice to igbo nation simply a foolish aboki in their usual way ran to barrack to brought his fellow aboki to fight for him pls is that the injustice you are damn talking about If that is it then you need brain check because benue face such millitary backing fulani everyday.

In mile12 Lagos same way millitary backed the aboki to unleash terror. In Edo a millitary shielded fulani and killed the Edo guy for challenging fulani. In Taraba and Nassarawa it happened. In kaduna it has happened severally so what is your point Every little thing we igbo love generalizing it as if it's not happening in other stares and we claim victims.

All these unwarranted attitude from these useless aboki all came to the pick since Buhari gave them license to freely cause trouble around the country.

Pls your write up makes no sense.

So because it is happening in other places, we should keep quiet and accept it as normal?
Yorubas self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by 01mcfadden(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2018
BafanaBafana:
For that guy to have marched to the barracks to bring soldiers means a grave injustice had been metted on him.
We know how igbos hate hausas and will use every opportunity to pounce on a hausa.
Something that doesn't happen in the north.

Something that doesn't happen in the North?
Yeah, only worse happen to Igbos in the North.

Go back to take your history classes.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by agadez007(m): 7:06am On May 24, 2018
dotunbidemi:
we the Yoruba's love to stand and watch as the two tribe always try their show of strength , but one thing is certain, my igbo brothers will never learn, they think they are smart while they are indeed not.
you reason like your brain is wire to your Ass,I know what your people would have done,Yoruba people would have chastised their brother for fighting their Haboki masters first before handing him to the Army to do whatever they please with him then come online to blame ibos
Who don't know how Agbo Jedi people reason

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:07am On May 24, 2018
Sarkin:
~~. Keep quiet
continue making noise u no get shame
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by lastempero: 7:10am On May 24, 2018
That is why nigeria is not working and will never work as long as they keep practising favoritism.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:13am On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:

trash and straight to dustbin.....
when an average yoruba type....u will know...

always ass licking their master....hausa fulani

I reject to be slave for life

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Elliot2(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:

Yoruba! One specie of people too difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:14am On May 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
Seriously, I don't like people that play victims every single day of their life. The Hausa guy knew he wouldn't get justice around so he resorted to the army. What's more annoying is the mentioning of Boko-are-rams, herdsmen, etc but fact remains these animals kill more non-Igbos so why mention them?

yorubas I tire 4 una

u people cannot change again
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Elliot2(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
Seriously, I don't like people that play victims every single day of their life. The Hausa guy knew he wouldn't get justice around so he resorted to the army. What's more annoying is the mentioning of Boko-are-rams, herdsmen, etc but fact remains these animals kill more non-Igbos so why mention them?

Mumu
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:19am On May 24, 2018
BafanaBafana:
For that guy to have marched to the barracks to bring soldiers means a grave injustice had been metted on him.
We know how igbos hate hausas and will use every opportunity to pounce on a hausa.

yorubas defending their master

lolzzzzz

is normal...slavery
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Elliot2(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
They gather beat on man, you know he surely can't fight and normal human instinct of survival would dictate to any rational thinking person to resort to where he'll surely get justice. At least look at some issues with a wider lens
What kind of justice would the army give in a purely civil matter?

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:23am On May 24, 2018
Ibrahim505:
What I observed from the story are:
The ethnic minority there knows the right place to channel their grievances

The government is desperate to ensure security of lives and properties there

Igbo leaders are sabotaging government move to ensure security in the north east

There is high level of frustration and depression within that community making them to always forget that there brothers are also scattered in the north for their business.

trash....

when will aboki get brain.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Lightening: 7:23am On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

ofcourse it doesnt make sense......

are they trying to tell us their are no igbos in the nigerian military......?

Igbos certainly are in the Nigeria military but the commandants of all the barracks are Hausa/Fulani. They are the ones that give the final orders that must be obeyed. You now see his foolish you are?

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Elliot2(m): 7:26am On May 24, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Is this what your stupid brain could tell you what the crux of the story is? Aren't the benue people and others experience worst injustices but yet the army is not swift to act?

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Lightening: 7:27am On May 24, 2018
Cisco2:

d same igbos will still sabotage you remember.

Who sabotages more than Yoruba Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Unlimited22: 7:35am On May 24, 2018
Ibrahim505:
What I observed from the story are:
The ethnic minority there knows the right place to channel their grievances

The government is desperate to ensure security of lives and properties there

Igbo leaders are sabotaging government move to ensure security in the north east

There is high level of frustration and depression within that community making them to always forget that there brothers are also scattered in the north for their business.
I was about to comment, then I saw your moniker. No surprises there.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Positivepoint(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2018
whiteTORTIISE:
Wetin Aboki dey do for Onitsha sef. don nor dey fear death?

every soul shall taste death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akeredolu Is Incapacitated, Bedridden In Ibadan - Sahara Reporters / Policemen To Earn New Wage From October / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.