Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala (38311 Views)

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by hakimi1974(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

Can you please address your concerns to the senator and representative that you had in Abuja in 2014/15
are you for real?. when the former one, nenadi usman follow chop the money. and the current one that is there nah apology. i no know wetin im dey there dey do.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by jaybee3(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Makarfi has no history of giving bribe as a public or private officer. He's a man of integrity though no one can vouch for any other person 100% but his antecedent points that he is of different breed.

Under his watch as President, it won't happen.
Your caveat obviously cancelled your initial assertion. You do realise NOI hasn't been directly fingered as a participant in the looting but she is equally guilty for looking the other way. You are also corrupt if you look the other way and i'm pretty sure Makarfi (even if his integrity is intact) will do exactly the same.

4 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:07pm On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:
So we should leave the one that paid the bribe? Ethnic sentiments will kill you people. Are you not part of the people saying the confused woman is the best thing after sliced bread? She just confessed to paying bribe.

Please point out where I said that you should leave anyone.
Also please point out what happened in the past to bribe givers who confessed.
Thanks
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Firstpage: 2:07pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

Please point out where I said that you should leave anyone.
Also please point out what happened in the past to bribe givers who confessed.
Thanks

Read your post I quoted vis a vis the one you quoted.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by drey076(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2018
Winning123:
You can just imagine how much was paid in 16 years of PDP rule, including the time Obasanjo as he calls himself held sway. Funny many Igbos want PDP back.
The tin tire me oo my brother

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:09pm On May 25, 2018
hakimi1974:
are you for real?. when the former one, nenadi usman follow chop the money. and the current one that is there nah apology. i no know wetin im dey there dey do.

It is your choice not to know and you should bear full responsibility instead of complaining anyhow for someone else to do your job of ensuring accountability by your public servants.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by jospimo: 2:10pm On May 25, 2018
Seriously
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Sunmolar(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2018
[quote author=planetzoom post=67868835]We paid NASS N17b as "election expenses" for its members, in order to have 2015 Budget passed.

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

(...in page 80, of her book 'fighting corruption is dangerous'...)[/quote
they can wait till eternity this term,because no illegal payment will be given to them
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by adegeye38(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:
na wa o

Our politicians have ruined this country
Na all of us ruin this country

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:11pm On May 25, 2018
Winning123:
You can just imagine how much was paid in 16 years of PDP rule, including the time Obasanjo as he calls himself held sway. Funny many Igbos want PDP back.

Has Buhari and APC not paid MORE fuel subsidy that they said was a fraud?
Please stop allowing yourself to be ridiculed by stories that are incomplete and incomparable.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 25, 2018
We are our problem in this nation....we don't care much about the election of the legislative arm of the government..our focus is too much in the executives and these law makers are the ones that will actually make or break us....

Another election is coming..all we are shouting is buhari...the president is just one man...theres very little he can do....
I saw first hand rigging in 2010 of the house of representatives election in oyo state..pple didn't come to vote..it made rigging easy.....the thugs were just thumbing away and filling up the ballot boxes for their candidates..
If the people that will vote for bills to be passed have to ne bribed with 17B naira just to do their job. .imagine the level of corruption in that senate and House of rep. It is indeed finished..

It will have to take more than the Jerry Rawlings move in Ghana to sanitize this our government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by HeroicMeastro: 2:13pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:
This was when we even had a World Class finance minister!

With the dullard and his confused ministers today, only God knows how much they are adding now.

#OBJWhereIsThePower
#GEJWhereIsOurMoney
#PMBWhereIsTheChange
Look at this illiterate fool, instead of condemning this act of corruption you busy finding reasons to wail. keep wailing till 2023 idiot.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NovusHomo(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2018
EASY39:
17 What?

$106,250,000 (ONE HUNDRED and SIX MILLION, TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY THOUSAND US DOLLARS)
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by HeroicMeastro: 2:14pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Not surprised. GEJ is a confused mugu. I now understand why they are holding Buhari to ransom on the budget.
Thank you.
You have got it.
GEJ is the Chief Dullard.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2018
election expenses? like we pay dose foolish politrickcians to run for election again? hearing dat for d first time tho.. tins dey happen for dis country oooo..
so we pay dem to campaign and get reelected?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by MPESA(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Not surprised. GEJ is a confused mugu. I now understand why they are holding Buhari to ransom on the budget.
Who talk say if na me , if it come be you na wetin you go do?#NOTHING.
Is not mumu matter but greediness and selfishness of our politicians.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by HeroicMeastro: 2:17pm On May 25, 2018
Winning123:
Those who want PDP back are the confused and hopeless ones.
They are just insane.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by ehissi(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:

Granted....

But in any situation and in any dispensation, I will take a confused mugu like Jonathan than a tranfused maga like Magu or bubu or Mr Transmission........ grin
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 25, 2018
[quote author=EasterDell post=67869217]This was when we even had a World Class finance minister!

With the dullard and his confused ministers today, only God knows how much they are adding now.

Ur world class finance minister bribe d national assembly with 17 billion naira, u no dey shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by drey076(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

What/Who do you stand for?
The useless illiterate who promised change but has failed on every level?
Paying more fuel subsidy than the previous administration?
Going abroad for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same?
Buhari is a corrupt hypocrite of the worst kind.
But better than Jonathan

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ihateyoumod: 2:22pm On May 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria needs a brand new democracy , this model is not working at all , Obasanjo messed it up from the onset when he started bribing the National Assembly and paying them like rockstars just to to have his selfish way and today they are used to it .... National Assembly should be the last place for self enrichment because in reality it is the foundation of any worthwhile democracy , get the National Assembly wrong get the democracy wrong.

GEJ the mumu was busy paying them to get d budget passed...........kai!!!!.....c hu u dey support. Baba bubu no even send dem, even if dem like make dem use 1year pass budget nah dem sabi.....shebi as buhari dey try humble dem, una dey give dem power....okay now continue with pple like u this country isn't going anywere

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by hakimi1974(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

It is your choice not to know and you should bear full responsibility instead of complaining anyhow for someone else to do your job of ensuring accountability by your public servants.
i totally agree with you on this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EasterDell: 2:24pm On May 25, 2018
HeroicMeastro:

Look at this illiterate fool, instead of condemning this act of corruption you busy finding reasons to wail. keep wailing till 2023 idiot.

See this uneducated low-life. If you cannot read and understand please ask for help! Ode!

I will keep wailing until your old/dull/slow/illitrate paymaster is disgraced out of office like his counterpart the drunken fisherman of Otueke!

God punish your family and unborn generation! Idiot!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:

GO BACK N REREAD D POST
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by drey076(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2018
cutefergiee:
election expenses? like we pay dose foolish politrickcians to run for election again? hearing dat for d first time tho.. tins dey happen for dis country oooo..
so we pay dem to campaign and get reelected?
Oga the thing weak me oo. We youths are the real problem walahi despite what they wrote up there some people are still saying PDP should come back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:25pm On May 25, 2018
wildimagination:
We are our problem in this nation....we don't care much about the election of the legislative arm of the government..our focus is too much in the executives and these law makers are the ones that will actually make or break us....

Another election is coming..all we are shouting is buhari...the president is just one man...theres very little he can do....
I saw first hand rigging in 2010 of the house of representatives election in to state..pple didn't come to vote..it made rigging easy.....the thugs were just thumbing away and filling up the ballot boxes for their candidates..
If the people that will vote for bills to be passed have to ne bribed with 17B naira just to do their job. .imagine the level of corruption in that senate and House of rep. It is indeed finished..

It will have to take more than the Jerry Rawlings move in Ghana to sanaitize the government

Thanks.
Hakimi1974 please note and educate others.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2018
jaybee3:

Your caveat obviously cancelled your initial assertion. You do realise NOI hasn't been directly fingered as a participant in the looting but she is equally guilty for looking the other way. You are also corrupt if you look the other way and i'm pretty sure Makarfi (even if his integrity is intact) will do exactly the same.

He won't
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Abagworo(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2018
We might need military back in power to achieve the change we desire. No President can perform well where legislators are objects of blackmail.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:26pm On May 25, 2018
drey076:
But better than Jonathan

How is the bigger thief better
Ayam not understanding shocked
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by tete7000(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:

And you know how much Buhari has been paying to them? Or you want to tell me Buhari has not been paying anything because he told you so? The same way he keeps telling you he hasnt been paying subsidy but they are stealing money away in undisclosed subsidy payment? My dear stop deceiving yourself. APC knows how to cover themselves with lies and deceive you people.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Moukandjo: 2:30pm On May 25, 2018
drey076:

But better than Jonathan
Why you dey answer that unintelligent boy! If he's that shameless to show face here when his lord & personal saviour, the ineffectual buffoon, is being exposed once again, then he doesn't deserve your response! He's really pained right now so don't bother about whatever crap he's saying!

3 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 2:30pm On May 25, 2018
Abagworo:
We might need military back in power to achieve the change we desire. No President can perform well where legislators are objects of blackmail.

You are joking, right?
Obasanjo and Buhari were former soldiers.
Was it not their military dictatorship that brought us to this terrible state?
Why are Nigerians, including Buhari and Okorocha, flooding to democratic countries like Britain, USA, Canada etc instead of those ruined by military dictators
Who is stopping you from focusing on your legislators also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   / EndSARS: Protesters Block All Routes Going In And Out Of Lagos / Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.