Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC (15900 Views)

9th Senate: El-rufai Shades Senators Shehu Sani And Hunkuyi / Senator Hunkuyi Formally Defects From APC To PDP with over 200,000 supporters / 'El-Rufai Is Tyrannical': Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC by Reference(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2018
I am just getting sick and tired of these things. Two reasons here.

One. Why can't they remain and fight for the ideals they desire to project. Politics is always a game of numbers. Preach to the party faithfuls within your jurisdiction until they understand and appreciate your views and empower you via their votes. In developed democracies you find senators and other reps fighting for issues on behalf of their constituents over several years even decades within and against opposing political forces. Look at gun control in America. How many assembly men have quit and cross carpeted because of such a touchy issue but in Nigeria every small incident and these folks feel the only way to resolve issues is to move to an opposing camp. They simply cannot reform or change the fortunes of this country within by debate and ideas, just force, force, force. Nothing to offer.

Secondly, they should realise that political office is tenured and the people in power who they oppose have a limited time in power and things can change very quickly when their terms eventually end. Look at the Republicans who opposed the nuclear pact with Iran. Though they opposed it during the time of Obama but they waited patiently till their man got into power and then trashed it. What is stopping these two senators from waiting till the 2019 electiins then opposing Rufai's election with strong point and evidences of misdeeds then when they or their principal gets into power invoke whatever policies they see right.

What they are doing is quitting their responsibilities and their supporters and constituents should be incensed with them right now because they have simply devalued, demoted, weakened themselves and handed over the initiative to Rufai who must be rubbing his hands in glee. Doubtlessly they won't get re-elected again and that will be the end of any cause they had been fighting for.

Pity.

1 Like

Re: Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC by SoNature(m): 11:05am On May 26, 2018
kitaatita:

He is gone. The principle that endeared me to Shehu Sanni dissipated when he got to the Senate and got lost in the maze. The once anti-corruptuon Shehu started following accused colleagues to court, stopped condemning corruption and became the voice of the opposition. It's electioneering season and he shouldn't expect those he vilified to thrust party machinery upon him

Don't go there.
Shehu Sani is one of the outstanding senators in Nigeria.
So u expect him to defend the senseless policies of Buhari just to massage your ego?
I strongly believe he will be reelected, and I have even sent him messages several times on twitter to run for president
Let me remind u that it took a Shehu Sani to reveal to Nigerians how much senators earn in salaries
Oga, u wan make d man die for u?
Re: Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 26, 2018
SoNature:

Don't go there.
Shehu Sani is one of the outstanding senators in Nigeria.
So u expect him to defend the senseless policies of Buhari just to massage your ego?
I strongly believe he will be reelected, and I have even sent him messages several times on twitter to run for president
Let me remind u that it took a Shehu Sani to reveal to Nigerians how much senators earn in salaries
Oga, u wan make d man die for u?

grin He will strongly win on Twitter and Facebook in 2019

Saraki destroyed alot of Senators.

1 Like

Re: Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC by Tecno66: 1:40pm On May 26, 2018
docadams:
They are taking too much time. Their NAFDAC number has expired.
EFCC will soon go for them.
Re: Senators Hunkuyi, Shehu Sani To Dump APC by cptjacksparrow: 3:14pm On May 26, 2018
GavelSlam:
The local government elections results says APC stands gidigba.
APC won the local government election with or without Shehu Sani and his crew's support, they have not contributed anything to the country. They will not be missed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Build NDLEA Barracks With N5.2bn / How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS / Our Convention Holds Despite Justice Abang's Inferior Interim Order: PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.