Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip (4799 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by okunoba(m): 3:56pm On May 30, 2010

Child Abuse Or Education- Islamic School
« on: Today at 11:50:49 AM »

Child abuse or Education?

Koranic School - Sudan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYpZ9tbK_rI&feature=related
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by illusion2: 6:36pm On May 30, 2010
chiogo:

I believe the argument is between my self and illusion2. And no, it's called British English and American English not English and American. I guess the Americans you see speak with British accent then and also write the British way. Guess what? they speak it their way and nobody has prosecuted them for that.

Katsumoto:

No its called Queen's English and not British English and American English (this is not a microsoft language pack). American English is sub-standard English as it sometimes does not follow standards laid down by the English. But I will drop it now as you say its between you and Illusion2.
Ok guys. . .one love . . . . . kiss
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Confusion: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2010
poverty !!!!!!
and this is the reason why the rich in the north will never allow their people to be educated like the south, so that when ever they press their zombe button they can always respond.

I BEG NORTHERN LEADERS BUILD SCHOOLS FOR YOUR PEOPLE, PLS PLS PLS
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by kabarka(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2010
That is part of it.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Redlips2(f): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
what nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Olaolufred(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
I observed and Infer that almost 80% of muslims may be stack illiterate.
I came out of a muslim generation.
But my way of logical reasoning doubts most compositions i do here from alfas.
Any religion where one lives on what another told him only may be just a farce.
I know that the day most of these illiterates are able to read this Arabic to the level of understanding the truth,
They will definitely know how to make the right choice.
But the truth is this, those who prides over their ignorance does not want them to be educated.
Till now, western education is still kicked against in some northern communities.
Those who says arabic is it.
Ask them whether King Fahd speaks english or not? They will be looking like a dummy.
My cousin who was 5-years older than me wasted years in Kano learning Arabic.
he came back later to be my junior in school.
With all the Arabic, most of it ended being memorization than be able to read, write and understand.
Education is Important, whether for muslim, xtian or any other religion.
This women needed education to loose them from the bondage of brainwashing.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Olaolufred(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Here is a message from waheed odusile

Let them peruse this if they can read at all.

Happy children’s day Mrs Yerima
By Alhaji Waheed Odusile (The Nation newspaper).
Thursday last week was indeed a happy day for most children across the world especially in Nigeria. It was their day. It was the 27

th of May, a date designated as children’s day to celebrate our future and ponder how we can make it better. These kids, I am sure you know are indeed our future.

As my mind raced back to the past in an apparent attempt to recapture what children’s day used to be during my time, a text message came in on my phone and the content sent me thinking.

Please join civilized Nigerians in wishing Senator Yerima’s new bride a happy CHILDREN’S day!

The sender who didn’t put his name urged me. Two days later I got another unsigned text message that reads: ‘I was wondering if you could do a survey poll of a few people on the streets, to see how many of them might consider a $100,000 dowry for their 13-year old daughter.’

After this and considering all that has been said about the controversial marriage of Senator Ahmed Sani, the Yeriman Bakura to a 13-year old Egyptian girl recently in Abuja, it occurred to me that the lawmaker representing Zamfara state in the National Assembly has murdered sleep, so to speak, and he shall sleep no more. And just as late afro beat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti said in one of his songs; when trouble sleep, yanga go wake am, wetin he dey fiiind. Palava he dey find. Palava he go get. This man is reaping trouble now.

As the children headed for various destinations that day to have fun and enjoy themselves one couldn’t resist wondering how this girl bride of Senator Sani Ahmed was going to spend the day. You may want to say its nobody’s business as some of Yerima’s supporters have been arguing since the controversial wedding became public knowledge, or you may decide to queue behind the man in saying that his religion permits marriage to a minor, the fact is that this man is a leader in Nigeria and as such should show good example.

I’ve read various comments by respected Islamic scholars on marriage to minors in Islam and the circumstances that surrounded the Prophet’s (SAW) marriage to Aishat (who was a minor) and Yerima’s situation is quite different. While there is a precedent he could refer to in Islam, his motive for marrying this small Egyptian girl, the daughter of his Egyptian driver is pure selfishness.

It is rather painful that this man by his action has brought Islam to ridicule in the eyes of non-Muslims. Trying to explain his action to this set of people has been very difficult. Granted the fact that some of them are ignorant about most things Islam, Yerima as one of the best known public faces of Islam in Nigeria should have known and behaved better.

We are, as Muslims, enjoined not to invite or attract scorn or ridicule to our faith by what we say or do. Yerima might not set out to do this, but his action has inadvertently done this. And it is about time we begin to have a robust debate amongst ourselves as Muslims about our faith. We need to look at things holistically. Pointing accusing fingers at some imaginary enemies of Islam would not help.

Some of our Muslim brothers have been blaming the media, especially the so called Lagos/Ibadan press axis as being biased in this Yerima saga. I don’t know what they meant by that. It is either they are ignorant of the workings of the media or just being mischievous. I remember on my first hajj, the Imam in his sermon on mount Arafat after our prayer told us that now that you people have become Alhajis and Alhajas, you should be careful about what you do. That if an Alhaji or Alhaja joined some other people to do something bad that the media would headline it: Alhaji or Alhaja and others caught with cocaine for instance. It doesn’t mean that the media is deliberately targeting Alhajis or Alhajas or for that matter Islam or want to bring the religion down, it’s just that among all those people, the Alhaji or Alhaja is the one that is more prominent, the one with a higher status than the rest offenders/suspects. In journalism the Who is one of the five determinants of news. If a pastor despoils it will be bigger news than just any ordinary person or church member. That is the nature of journalism all over the world. The bigger the personality involved the bigger the story. Yerima is an icon of Islam in Nigeria, so the media would naturally take a second look at whatever he says or do. So he and others like him need to be very careful. Now his marriage to this 13-year old!

How many parents Christian or Muslim will give out their 13-year old daughter in marriage, the age of the husband notwithstanding? Will Yerima or his supporters do this to their daughter(s)? Train a woman or girl and you have trained a nation, so the saying goes. It is not for nothing that they say this. How do we train a nation if our mothers of tomorrow are being rushed into marriage when they barely know anything about marital life? If all men, rich or poor, Christian or Muslim decide to marry underage girls or minors, what becomes of the campaign to send our girls to school? Of course most of them would drop out of school if they were enrolled before marriage. So, we will be producing a bunch of mothers who are illiterates. So, what would that portend for our development? Even in Islam what kind of mothers are we going to have and what kind of children are they going to bring up? Supporters of Yerima think. Think about the future of our children, our future and Islam. It is not so much about what he has done that is the main issue, but the likely multiplier effect of his action. If he can take good care of his girl bride how many people that will copy him can afford to do the same?

I don’t know the status of Islamic law or Sharia under the Nigerian legal system or constitution, but Yerima says he is not bound by any Nigerian law that contradicts his faith. Let us see what the court will say on this if it ever went that far. But if the law recognizes some Christian practices as legal, why deny Muslims theirs? Until that time comes, let’s wish Mrs. Yerima a happy children’s day.
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by chrisical(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2010
bunch of scumbags
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by kabarka(m): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
@olaolufred,thanx man
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by idifu(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
shocked
Re: Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip by Ranoscky(m): 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
what da fukk r they stil waitin? make dem send dat bastard to 'ile ewon' where he belongs for the rest of his lyfe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Hand Over In 2015. He Cannot Be Sworn In Thrice / Life Of Ethnic Minority: A Peep Into The Adara Ethic Group / World War 3 In The Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.