Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (130047 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by 360command: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2018
onatisi:

Please anyone coming to Ghana should listen to the points this man is stressing. Ghana no be beans ooo. If you no get money hide your face
lol.. True

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2018
onatisi:
The bitter truth is this
If you are skilled , talented , ambitious , intelligent, brilliant and educated. And added to this if you are between the ages of 24-45yrs old. And you are earning 70k per month in Nigeria with no additional source of income coming in and still living in Nigeria with the mindset that Nigeria will get better then Then I am very sorry to say this but you are living a wasted life . The truth is very very bitter but at times we just need to say it as it is

Well, it's their choice to live a wasted life I

Let's leave them

When I'm in Ghana, I can walk about freely in Cape coast and most parts of Accra even at 1 am.
police in plain clothes accosted me and we're polite and professional, they noticed I was a new face in the TV Africa/SSNIT axis (onatisi you should know that angle na) and wanted to know what I was up to
once that was clear, I left without losing anythihg
Will SARS or Nigerian police treat you in such manner

When I'm in CIV, even a place like carrefou koweit that may seem dangerous, there are street lights at every corner and security
All you need to do is ti raise alarm

What even shocked me the most is that during the election in 2016, it was done the exact way it is done in America.
no soldiers every where, no public holiday, just goto your polling unit when you are free withinthe day and cast your vote.
And when the result was announced (the incumbent lost) there was no shout if going to tribunal or the other rubbish that happened in Nigeria

And someone will tell me Nigeria is not a CURSED LAND

Not to talk of deux plateau or Cocody, that you will see so many beautiful homes without the repugnant noise, or the overhead ugly tanks

Nigeria will take decades to repair.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by KhadyM(f): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2018
Pavore9:

So many Yahoo boys in Kenya! Some are here under the guise of studying, collect Student Pass (visa) use am they run show thus the reason the Nigerian High Commission in Nairobi is on their necks as a good number of them will delay in graduating so as to continue renewing their student visas which offers them so many coded opportunities.

Who are Yahoo boys?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by KhadyM(f): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2018
Rexnegro:
anyone with Zambia experience or knowledge?

Me! It's very expensive!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2018
Mizwisdom:

This was not what you said before, you're only sounding reasonable after I called you out

I join you in praying that you can fully cut ties with Nigeria, I don't see how losing you as a citizen will affect us in any reasonable way. Adios amigos!

Yea

I won't want a country like Nigeria to miss me.
I'm just one citizen (or soon to be former citizen) who wants to live his life free from the repugnant society that shithole has to offer it's unfortunate citizens

Enjoy yourself o

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2018
Another point which ppl must take note is this. What matters most is about what you have to offer. The easiest way to make it outside naija is to be very very skilled in vocational trade. With this ,your settling down will be very easy,skilled labour is always hot cake in any country of this world.

8 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by KhadyM(f): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2018
bedspread:
If u are privileged to visit some of these African Nations u will understand that Nigeria is cursed with Wicked and Wrong Leadership...

A Lot of these Nations Hv gone beyond Power issues... u hardly see power go off..

I hv visited Nairobi , Tazania and Ethiopia...

As Poor as Tazania is, You hardly see power Go off... I remember my first time der I traveled with a Torch light thinking it was Lagos, Nigeria... Only for my host to Laugh seriously at me.....

A visit to Zanzibar, Tazania and you will feel u re in the USA or Europe...

Great 5 star Hotels and very Affordable

It's Tanzania, not Tazania

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by bluebabyboy1: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
I love this topic because just yesterday I was thinking about the same thing, I got to Botswana and in just 6month am worth more than $54,000 at least for a very broke boy from the street of Lagos, hustle to hustle carry me enter, I beg my fellow Nigerians to leave and try move into these coded countries, that's what I call them and see how big Nigerians are living and enjoying life on a low key, Many of them calculate in dollars. One yahoo boy #5m hit is my own bills in a month outside, u see say things are not the same at all.

Botswana i believe is one of the best (if not the best country) in Africa right now. I was there early this year to pay the bride price of my lovely jewel i met in Europe, and i was shocked at what i saw. The village we went to pay the bride price has more social amenities than some major cities in Nigeria. My brothers that accompanied me from Nigeria almost wept when they saw the difference...A very strong currency (1 pula = #36), 1st class roads, constant water supply, trust, safety, policemen doing their job the proper way, friendly people, organized way of life... even their healthcare is free and my wife was sponsored abroad to study by the government. My brothers even started making plans to visit Botswana again while they were still there grin . That country is the pride of Africa. However, Nigeria is still my country and will do anything i can to better her...as bad as it is, there is no place like home! But i am favored to have a 2nd home called Botswana!

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Mizwisdom(f): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Yea

I won't want a country like Nigeria to miss me.
I'm just one citizen (or soon to be former citizen) who wants to live his life free from the repugnant society that shithole has to offer it's unfortunate citizens

Enjoy yourself o

I agree, you won't be missed, I'm just wondering why you had to announce it grin Just tear your passport and cut ties, that's all. I believe it's a free world. You shouldn't be part of a country that irritates you, be free, that's the essence of life.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by bedspread: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2018
KhadyM:

It's Tanzania, not Tazania
noted
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by rs172(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2018
tiwiex:
Yoruba is also good to know. Many of them speak it.

i speak yoruba well, my native language tho..
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:45am On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

Are they not people whom we know as family and friends?
Did we not allow them to be our leaders and remain our leaders?
What are those of us who are not wicked and who know what is right doing to get better leaders?

I really like you because you seem to be a very intelligent man

But let me tell you the tragedy of that country

Nigeria practices democracy, which is the worst system for Nigeria's peculiar case, and I'll you why.

Every NIGERIAN above the 18 year mark has ONE VOTE.

You have one, the almajiri has one grin the pepper seller has one, the agbero on the street has one

Those of us who understand the need to vote in good leaders are in the minority, or those of us who can put things into perspective.

On the other hand, the dumb foolish and ignorant Nigerians who will vote based on ethnic or religious sentiments, or swayed by 2000 to sell their vote are in the large majority

From the almajiri in the north, to wanna be militants in the south, to the Ipob members in the East and the Agbero thugs in the West.

And to compound the tragedy, this category of Nigerians are much more, and participate in the process more

The ones who know are in the minority and many of them in that bracket are not even ready to participate in the process.

That is why no matter what, if you don't appeal to the majority, illiterate and dumb electorate, nothing for you.
Look at the rallies, a glorified carnival, that is what appeaks to that class of Nigerians

so if a good candidate comes out with a good plan and roadmap, coming from the "wrong part of the country" or practising the "wrong religion" is enough to disqualify you, among that useless bracket of Nigerians

And this happens at all levels of government

When you talk of your plans, the vast majority do t even understand because they are too dumb to, all they want is rice in exchange for votes.

And you really think the country can get better ?

You all are tripping.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by eleojo23: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2018
KhadyM:

Who are Yahoo boys?

They are the boys who bought over Yahoo.com from the original owner

Shey you know that search site?

They own it now...and most of them are largely anonymous wink

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Well, it's their choice to live a wasted life I

Let's leave them

When I'm in Ghana, I can walk about freely in Cape coast and most parts of Accra even at 1 am.
police in plain clothes accosted me and we're polite and professional, they noticed I was a new face in the TV Africa/SSNIT axis (onatisi you should know that angle na) and wanted to know what I was up to
once that was clear, I left without losing anythihg
Will SARS or Nigerian police treat you in such manner

When I'm in CIV, even a place like carrefou koweit that may seem dangerous, there are street lights at every corner and security
All you need to do is ti raise alarm

What even shocked me the most is that during the election in 2016, it was done the exact way it is done in America.
no soldiers every where, no public holiday, just goto your polling unit when you are free withinthe day and cast your vote.
And when the result was announced (the incumbent lost) there was no shout if going to tribunal or the other rubbish that happened in Nigeria

And someone will tell me Nigeria is not a CURSED LAND

Not to talk of deux plateau or Cocody, that you will see so many beautiful homes without the repugnant noise, or the overhead ugly tanks

Nigeria will take decades to repair.
baba mi
if i talk , someone will say i am talking jargons , even our leaders in Nigeria are continually daily pulling their families out of naija despite the fact that they have all billions to live a comfortable life in Nigeria , ironically someone who isnt up to their standards will now be saying naija is ok .
baba make i kuku just dey watch

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by seguno2: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria practices democracy, which is the worst system for Nigeria's peculiar case, and I'll you why.

You have one, the almajiri has one grin the pepper seller has one, the agbero on the street has one

Those of us who understand the need to vote in good leaders are in the minority, or those of us who can put things into perspective.

On the other hand, the dumb foolish and ignorant Nigerians who will vote based on ethnic or religious sentiments, or swayed by 2000 to sell their vote are in the large majority

From the almajiri in the north, to wanna be militants in the south, to the Ipob members in the East and the Agbero thugs in the West.

And to compound the tragedy, this category of Nigerians are much more, and participate in the process more

The ones who know are in the minority and many of them in that bracket are not even ready to participate in the process.

That is why no matter what, if you don't appeal to the majority, illiterate and dumb electorate, nothing for you.
Look at the rallies, a glorified carnival, that is what appeaks to that class of Nigerians

so if a good candidate comes out with a good plan and roadmap, coming from the "wrong part of the country" or practising the "wrong religion" is enough to disqualify you, among that useless bracket of Nigerians

When you talk of your plans, the vast majority do t even understand because they are you dumb to, all they want is rice in exchange for votes.

You all are tripping.

How much have you donated to a political party?
How many times have you joined the campaign for a candidate?

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2018
onatisi:
Naija is a funny place ,things are cheap but yet ppl don't have the money to buy them because it is hard to make money.
Outside naija ,things are costly and expensive but yet many people find it very affordable to buy and get despite the fact that they are expensive compared to the naija settings. No wonder many nigerians quickily rise in life or their careers when they leave Nigeria . Because they realise that the opportunities which would have cost them little money in Nigeria and yet which they couldn't afford is now made affordable and available to them even though at a higher cost.

Things are not cheaper in Nigeria and more expensive out there per se
Nigeria just has a useless currency, that is why it seems that things are expensive for Nigerians out there

I mean back then, when one cedi was like 50 naira, it was not too bad

now that the naira fell too bad that at some point one cedi was 120 naira, in 2016 things were now very expensive

now it has receded to 80 something naira but it's still a bit too high

I knew a maid in Abomey who makes 40000 CFA a mibrh, if you see the way she loves eh, lol you go open mouth.

Someone earning the equivalent here in Nigeria cannot love such life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

When you talk of your plans, the vast majority do t even understand because they are you dumb to, all they want is rice in exchange for votes.

You all are tripping.

u are absolutely correct. These ve been the bane of our development.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Pavore9: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2018
360command:
omo Pavore9, u still dey Kenya? When are you coming to nigeria or leaving kenya to another country?. I love africa but I like experience other part of the world.

Kenya is my hub, it is from where I move around the world. I briefly visited Lagos late last year, so till 2019. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2018
dy79:

Gambia is not bad at all but then sponsoring people for master abroad is not happening here. Am currently in Gambia teaching in the highest paid international school, the take home is not too good , but I make so much I mean so much money from private classes. Anyone that is interested can just let me know.
. I am dam interested.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Xander85: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2018
Nigerians that go to live in South Africa have liver! I couldn't live, work or open a business in that country...they're too xenophobic and envious of other Africans success, not to mention the high crime rate!

It's the whites that built up that country for them.....black South Africans are just too lazy! sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by etoman1(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2018
greenprince:

Really?
You currently reside there or you're speaking based on past visits cos a native told me they do.
they don't bro. Let's say 20hours or so daily. the country poor sha. It's just light that makes it a little better than Nigeria ��
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2018
Lookandlaugh:
Hello Bro hope you' re doing great over there in Botswana,can you please share with me the kind of goods or products that can be exported from Nigeria to Bostwana,for Business purposes.Thanks
Bro Botswana is a very private country ND importing and exporting would be very difficult, my advice to you is get a skill and come over, you'd never regret it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by travelland(f): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Things are not cheaper in Nigeria and more expensive out there per se
Nigeria just has a useless currency, that is why it seems that things are expensive for Nigerians out there

I mean back then, when one cedi was like 50 naira, it was not too bad

now that the naira fell too bad that at some point one cedi was 120 naira, in 2016 things were now very expensive

now it has receded to 80 something naira but it's still a bit too high

I knew a maid in Abomey who makes 40000 CFA a mibrh, if you see the way she loves eh, lol you go open mouth.

Someone earning the equivalent here in Nigeria cannot love such life.

I've gotten what I wanted. You need knowledge, if you have it, you will reason better

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2018
greggng:

Are you doing legit job or Yahoo. Yahoo? B4 I join you I must know yiur hand work over there
My guy u cannot even do yahoo yahoo here cos if dem catch u, ur name Na sorry oh. Am doing a legit business here, funny enough it's sponsored by the government with the help of a Botswana lady. My advice to you is get a skill and be good at it. you'd realize how much time you've wasted in Nigeria in just few months of making cool ND no stress cash. I know Nigerians who have changed their names already ND vowed never to step foot in Nigeria again

14 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by travelland(f): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

How much have you donated to a political party?
How many times have you joined the campaign for a candidate?

He will soon tell you "Nigeria don kast"
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2018
coolzeal:
I had the notion of moving to Botswana someday. Do you think graduates can survive over there?
Lol you're still asking me? You have no idea how much u worth being a graduate. When u get here you'd understand ND thank me later on

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2018
emperorblog:

twale oga boss
abef help me with info aboyt the botswana. the work or job u are doing there. and how u are able to survive there.
There are so many jobs u can do here, but just make sure it's legit and don't get on their police bad side and you're free to live a peaceful and meaningful life
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by lorhema(f): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2018
bluebabyboy1:

Botswana i believe is one of the best (if not the best country) in Africa right now. I was there early this year to pay the bride price of my lovely jewel i met in Europe, and i was shocked at what i saw. The village we went to pay the bride price has more social amenities than some major cities in Nigeria. My brothers that accompanied me from Nigeria almost wept when they saw the difference...A very strong currency (1 pula = #36), 1st class roads, constant water supply, trust, safety, policemen doing their job the proper way, friendly people, organized way of life... even their healthcare is free and my wife was sponsored abroad to study by the government. My brothers even started making plans to visit Botswana again while they were still there grin . That country is the pride of Africa. However, Nigeria is still my country and will do anything i can to better her...as bad as it is, there is no place like home! But i am favored to have a 2nd home called Botswana!

That's the spirit.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by travelland(f): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
My guy u cannot even do yahoo yahoo here cos if dem catch u, ur name Na sorry oh. Am doing a legit business here, funny enough it's sponsored by the government with the help of a Botswana lady. My advice to you is get a skill and be good at it. you'd realize how much time you've wasted in Nigeria in just few months of making cool ND no stress cash. I know Nigerians who have changed their names already ND vowed never to step foot in Nigeria again

When will you join them my brother or are you already a Bostwanian?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2018
bluebabyboy1:

Lol my brother,you've said it all, hopefully one day when u here, holla at me make we hang out

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by valdes00(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2018
hope4nigeria:
I love Nigeria until buhari came , now sharing Nigeria with all these almajiri discouraged me, they fit bomb person anytime on top these suffering
grin grin and u r so scared to die that way.....

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by greggng: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:

Now that you are talking about legit business, I am in cos I wanna leave this shit hole. I hope no Nigeria or xenophobia act there. I am not a lover of crime. What skill do I 've to 've to be specific? How much can take me there ,i.e. visa, air fare , accommodation and some money to sustain me pending when my skill will give me plenty money?

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.