Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! (3903 Views)

Court Restrains AIT From Airing Defamatory Tinubu Documentary / Court Restrains AIT, NTA From Airing‘damaging Video’ On Osinbajo / Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by skfa1: 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
Lord give our people wisdom amen.
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by waladis(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
amen
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by cap28: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
interesting, i liked this guy, very down to earth and intelligent.
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by freshera: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by DisGuy: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
Yea I saw that one, that's how the pros do it more indepth
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by freshera: 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

Yea I saw that one, that's how the pros do it more indepth

Abi oo. I loved it  kiss, well not totally since he said some things

1)that those boys playing football on the field were filling time due to joblessness cheesy and

2)tribal ties (like Ashanti in Ghana) were used to compensate for lack of infrastructure and poverty.

I felt those boys were doing more than filling time, I felt they were cultivating their talents. And tribal ties have nothing to do with poverty. It is just African.

Apart from these two points, it was worth watching. I could see so much potential in Africa. See where they assembled a Moped in 45 minutes. My head was swelling. And those Malian women looked so Nigerian kiss with their "married woman/mother pride thingy" and aso-ebi stuff. That mud monument is amazing, reminds me of a similar wonder, the underground architectural masterpiece in Ijebu-Ode called Sungbo Eredo.

See the wisdom of the Ashanti King in dealing with the "fake"  cheesy chief. See the handsome and strong 74year old mason. I loved the fact that Jonathan's attitude toward Africans was not patronising and that he was involved in everything they did. It was nice, really nice. Didn't want it to end wink
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by doyin13(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
freshera:

Abi oo. I loved it  kiss, well not totally since he said some things

1)that those boys playing football on the field were filling time due to joblessness cheesy and

2)tribal ties (like Ashanti in Ghana) were used to compensate for lack of infrastructure and poverty.

I felt those boys were doing more than filling time, I felt they were cultivating their talents. And tribal ties have nothing to do with poverty. It is just African.

Apart from these two points, it was worth watching. I could see so much potential in Africa. See where they assembled a Moped in 45 minutes. My head was swelling. And those Malian women looked so Nigerian kiss with their "married woman/mother pride thingy" and aso-ebi stuff. That mud monument is amazing, reminds me of a similar wonder, the underground architectural masterpiece in Ijebu-Ode called Sungbo Eredo.

See the wisdom of the Ashanti King in dealing with the "fake"  cheesy chief. See the handsome and strong 74year old mason. I loved the fact that Jonathan's attitude toward Africans was not patronising and that he was involved in everything they did. It was nice, really nice. Didn't want it to end wink

lol. . .I watched this programme too. . .

Its conspicuous you failed to mention the section devoted to Nigeria at the tail end of the programme.

Where there was much of a traditional flavour to other countries visited, it was ostentatious and vulgar display of wealth
and genuflection to foreign music culture when it came to our country.

Says a lot about where we are.
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by sjeezy8: 12:41am On Jun 07, 2010
they should have used a young successful brit-nigerian like millionaire entrepreneur Alexander Amosu The guy was named in the top Britain's 100 most influential black Britons.

He made his first million pounds at age 25
He had his fashion line and Phone business popping in London and opended up shop in Lagos
He was on CNN doing his business
He had a TV show popping in naija

Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by DisGuy: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2010
Alex is not based in nigeria and what tv show are you talking about, i remember he was part of the Dragon's Den
Returning to Nigeria is certainly not part of his plan esp if he wants to live long
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by thameamead(f): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2010
Eziachi:

It seems that with Nigerians, you can’t win. Last time, they showed those living in garbage dump, you shouted blue murder, now they decide to follow and show a privilege guy, a descendant of famous King Jaja of Opopo, whose parents were well-off enough to have afford his education in an English public school, probably on an annual school fee many of us dream of earning in a year. But has now went back to Nigeria and seems to be doing OK, considering everything, you are also complaining, that he is not rich enough, not handsome enough, not blinged enough for your show off Nigerian taste.
I remember the CNN showing Gov’ Silva of Bayelsa state showing off his amphitheatre or Peter Odili drinking his Cristal Champagne, you also complained. What exactly do some of you guys want? If you don’t like the BBC and its commissioned programmes paid by the British tax payers, why not watch NTA instead?

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by thameamead(f): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2010
freshera:

Has anyone seen this?

An African Journey with Jonathan Dimbleby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00snc3c/An_African_Journey_with_Jonathan_Dimbleby_Episode_1/

i enjoyed Jonathan Dimblebys' documentary, i wish they had shown more of Nigeria.
Re: Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! by thameamead(f): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2010
freshera:

Abi oo. I loved it kiss, well not totally since he said some things

See the wisdom of the Ashanti King in dealing with the "fake" cheesy chief. See the handsome and strong 74year old mason. I loved the fact that Jonathan's attitude toward Africans was not patronising and that he was involved in everything they did. It was nice, really nice. Didn't want it to end wink

freshera link=topic=454887.msg6145037#msg6145037 date=1275576779:

Abi oo. I loved it kiss, well not totally since he said some things

See the wisdom of the Ashanti King in dealing with the "fake" cheesy chief. See the handsome and strong 74year old mason. I loved the fact that Jonathan's attitude toward Africans was not patronising and that he was involved in everything they did. It was nice, really nice. Didn't want it to end wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser / What's The State Of The Flooded Areas Now? / Lawyer Sues Buhari, APC, INEC Over Certificate Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.