Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (34728 Views)

Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader / Dino Melaye: "MKO Abiola No Longer Nigerian, Cannot Be Made GCFR" / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Ridbaay: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2018
gratiaeo:
There is nothing special about june 12 honestly
to people of deluded soul thou

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

No, Shehu Sani was not part of those who betrayed Abiola. sad In fact, he was one of those who called for Abiola's mandate to be restored. it was folks like Kingibe, Zwingina, IBB etc, that betrayed him. And Sonekan who accepted to head the interim govt, after IBB stepped aside. undecided

My error.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:32am On Jun 10, 2018
Bobby4090:
That they betrayed Abiola nearly 20 years ago does not mean that they are not repentant now nor does it mean that they are not democrats. That they opposed Abiola then means nothing. It's the beauty of democracy. Freedom of opposition is the first rule of democracy.
The fact is that if they support Abiola being honored right now then they should be free to attend.
Don't let people think you are silly. sad If they opposed Abiola way back then and truncated his ambitions, why on earth should they partake in the honours being meted out to him now? There is something called 'principles,' for crying out loud! shocked
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by MazuguZugudu1(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
Can't he name those that betrayed Abiola?

Matter of fact, why is he crying more than the bereaved?

He's neither an Abiola nor a Yoruba man.

I've never seen such evil people in my life.

You are in a political party but oppose everything they do and you do so publicly.

Why then are you in the party?

In a democracy properly so called, Shehu Sanni ought to have resigned from the APC and joined the opposition party.

APC should consider helping Shehu Sanni make his decision by giving him a push.

He should be be disciplined or suspended for anti-party and anti-government statements.

An enemy within.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Akanapiaigwe: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
omenka:
That is what irks me the most about such characters as Sani and Melaye. They are the worst kind of humans there is in the world. They are the proverbial maggots inside the corn.

[/s]
claptrap at least they stood for something they even stood up for your people of Benue whom you neglected and praise their killers always.
omenka change your ways

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2018
azpekuliar:
There was a kangaroo high court judgment stopping them from announcing the results. While he and his commissioners were in the process of appealing at the Appeal court, the AFRC in a preemptive move dissolved NEC on June 23. The results were submitted to the Appeal court. The question you should be asking is why didn't those who were in possession of the results after NEC was dissolved not announce the winner of the election? Did they too not know the winner?
Again, you are trying to be politically correct. sad 2008 made it 15 years after the election was annulled. That was the year that Nwosu published his book. Was the kangaroo court still sitting then? So why couldn't Nwosu tell the truth in 2008? Another court declared Shonekan's interim govt as illegal. Wasn't Nwosu alive at that time? What stopped him from speaking out then?

A braver man would even have travelled outside Nigeria, and made the announcement from abroad, if he had to. undecided Yet till today, Nwosu has kept mum about a vital piece of evidence. Posterity will never forgive Nwosu, if he takes the truth to his grave. He remains a lousy coward in my book! A million epistles will not change that fact. Nwosu was NEC Chairman who had the duty & responsibility to announce the final winner of that 1993 presidential election. So stop shifting his assignment to "those who were in possession of the results after NEC was dissolved."

On 10 June 1993, an Abuja High Court served the NEC an injunction to stop it from conducting the election, pending settlement of a law suit brought against the NEC by the Association for a Better Nigeria (ABN). The NEC , under Decree 13, ignored the injunction and the election took place as scheduled on 12 June 1993 (ARB June 1993, 11041; WA 21 - 27 June 1993, 1033; ibid., 28 June - 4 July 1993, 1078).

On 17 June 1993, following popular demands for the results, two court orders reversed the NEC's decision not to publish the election results and a Lagos High Court judge, Justice Moshood Olugbani, ordered NEC to release the results within 24 hours.

On 17 June 1993, Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti, the chairman of the CD issued NEC with an ultimatum to release the results within 24 hours or the CD would do so (ARB June 1993, 11041). Although the NEC's chairman was the only one originally authorized to declare the results (WA 7 - 13 June 1993, 946), on 18 June 1993, in defiance of NEC's decision not to publish the results, the CD released the election results and declared Moshood Abiola winner of the election. On the same day, Moshood Abiola reportedly "went on television to claim victory". http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6ab8b4.html

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by booblacain(m): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are in a political party but oppose everything they do and you do so publicly.

Is Abiola being honored because he was a Yoruba man? Was it only Yorubas that voted for Abiola? See how skewed your reasoning is.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Akolawole(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Even Buhari the will make the award was the principal actor in all the events leading to June 12 ..if Buhari didn't plan his 1983 coup will there be June 12 in the first place?

Overthrowing Sagari's government is INEVITABLE.

Nigeria 's currency at that time was the second strongest currency yet it does not reflect on the people.

We were struggling with basic things with the exception of UPN states where qualitative education and free health services was still on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Rabbi8: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

because he's a democrat and an intrepid man...
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Akolawole(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Again, you are trying to be politically correct. sad 2008 made it 15 years after the election was annulled. That was the year that Nwosu published his book. Was the kangaroo court still sitting then? So why couldn't Nwosu tell the truth in 2008? Another court declared Shonekan's interim govt as illegal. Wasn't Nwosu alive at that time? What stopped him from speaking out then?

A braver man would even have travelled outside Nigeria, and made the announcement from abroad, if he had to. undecided Yet till today, Nwosu has kept mum about a vital piece of evidence. Posterity will never forgive Nwosu, if he takes the truth to his grave. He remains a lousy coward in my book! A million epistles will not change that fact. Nwosu was NEC Chairman who had the duty & responsibility to announce the final winner of that 1993 presidential election. So stop shifting his assignment to "those who were in possession of the results after NEC was dissolved."

I have read Nwosu 's book . To be honest, what about ;

1) Arthur Nzeribe, the leader of ABN who started the whole problem?
2) Who was our attorney general of the federation who also play a big role at that time?

Both are southerners.

History will judge many people.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by vertueptime: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

He is an activist by nature, they were the ones locked up for protesting against the annulment when u were probably in diapers dats if u wer even born, he has his points, asuming u were d one betrayed u will see things from a different perspective
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Akolawole:
I have read Nwosu 's book . To be honest, what about ;

1) Arthur Nzeribe, the leader of ABN who started the whole problem?
2) Who was our attorney general of the federation who also play a big role at that time?

Both are southerners.

History will judge many people.

Yes everyone knows that Arthur Nzeribe and Olu Onagoruwa who was the former attorney-general in 1993, were part of those responsible for destroying the outcome of the 1993 elections. Nzeribe worked openly to truncate it, while Onagoruwa's silence and apathy in the midst of the 1993 election controversy, hastened its demise. Karma eventually dealt with them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by vertueptime: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

People like Babagana Kingibe should be removed from that list. angry And Humphrey Nwosu the former INEC Chairman who refused to announce the winner, should also be excluded. Kingibe betrayed Abiola even though he was Abiola's running mate and went on to serve in Abacha's govt. As for Nwosu, the less said about him, the better. He lacked the balls and forthrightness of Attahiru Jega, and rubbished the whole 1993 election result. undecided.

All u said is true but dnt u think abacha wldnt hv killed or jailed nwosu or threaten his family or rather he was put by abacha to do the job he did
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
vertueptime:
. All u said is true but dnt u think abacha wldnt hv killed or jailed nwosu or threaten his family or rather he was put by abacha to do the job he did
Oga, after Abacha died why couldn't Nwosu still speak the truth? He was simply a coward! sad

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by perfectedmee: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Not everyone can sell his soul for peanut's.

Like u did.

Shehu Nd melaye is a testament that Nigeria Politics is growing beyond mere partisanship.

A development every sane human being should applaud.

Unfortunately, u re not one of those.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
perfectedmee:

Not everyone can sell his soul for peanut's.

Like u did.

Shehu Nd melaye is a testament that Nigeria Politics is growing beyond mere partisanship.

A development every sane human being should applaud.

Unfortunately, u re not one of those.

Will you get away you worker of iniquity.

Tell me what work Do no has ever done in his life other then politics?

If you cannot align with a party's ideology go to a party that matches your aspirations.

Hypocrite like you.

May Saraki's good boys visit you and your loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by ModsareChevres: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Welrez:
If the west fall for this election gimmick, they will live to regret it. This does not sound genuine.

Regret is ever far from the West as we NEVER put all our eggs in one basket.

Nothing can be worse than our position in GEJ's era.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by OYO4sure: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

The opposition is now different from the truth. Nigerians do not want to see that. I am also expecting the list of those who betrayed Abiola since he is the chief observer when it all happened.

Opposition always trying to discredit every other single thing. This is not for the interest of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by CSTR1003: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
The rate this discourse is going, some people will liken MKO to George Washington.

He was a highly corrupt islamophile, nothing more.

If only IBB was a decent head of state, his annulment would have been worth it because abioka was nowhere near good enough .
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by lexy2014: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

But he betrayed Abiola and he's eating from government today.
pls how did shehu sani betray Abiola?
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by WOCKHARDI(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

People like Babagana Kingibe should be removed from that list. angry And Humphrey Nwosu the former INEC Chairman who refused to announce the winner, should also be excluded. Kingibe betrayed Abiola even though he was Abiola's running mate and went on to serve in Abacha's govt. As for Nwosu, the less said about him, the better. He lacked the balls and forthrightness of Attahiru Jega, and rubbished the whole 1993 election result. undecided.
How old are you?
So your parents didn't tell you that even with the annulment pronoucement, Prof Nwosu continued to announce the results only to be arrested by the regime, rough handled, slapped and even tortured for disobedience.
Much later, he published/launched a book where he actually confirmed Abiola as the winner of that election. So get your facts right before ranting.
Between Nwosu and your Jega who do you think supervised over a rigged election?
Answer me before Amadioha will .........
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by buhariguy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Welrez:
If the west fall for this election gimmick, they will live to regret it. This does not sound genuine.
this does not sound genuine,
But it has be announce and gazette
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by buhariguy(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
CSTR1003:
The rate this discourse is going, some people will liken MKO to George Washington.

He was a highly corrupt islamophile, nothing more.

If only IBB was a decent head of state, his annulment would have been worth it because abioka was nowhere near good enough .
abiola was not good enough, but he won the election and the majority of the electorate love him
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Deji7474: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
All of a sudden everyhody now cares about MKO Abiola. The president has done the right thing. Who else are you expecting on the list
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by CSTR1003: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
buhariguy:
abiola was not good enough, but he won the election and the majority of the electorate love him
He was a philanthropist appealing to their most basic sentiments.

Being popular does not mean you are good enough especially in this part of the world where illiteracy and stupidity is high and people don't know what they want or need.

Atleast the buhari administration has taught us that, sometimes, the voice of the people is not the voice of God.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Frankonuche: 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
We are not fools, you have a political motive for saying these things. You also betrayed Abiola back then.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by jrusky(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
Shehu Sanni I'm sick of you abeg. You oppose everything about the party you belong to and yet still remain in the party is that not cowardice So pls free us from.your blablaba.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by buhariguy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
CSTR1003:

He was a philanthropist appealing to their most basic sentiments.

Being popular does not mean you are good enough especially in this part of the world where illiteracy and stupidity is high and people don't know what they want or need.

Atleast the buhari administration has taught us that, sometimes, the voice of the people is not the voice of God.
the Voice of the people is the voice of God.
To elaborate my assertion, help me read 1st King 12.
I am not here with my Bible.

Read how God made Jeroboam king after God made rehoboam the king to talk harsh to his people. Because of that, the people rejected rehoboam the son of Solomon and clamour for the chosen one by God,

The same Jeroboam spite God by worshipping golden image made with his bare hands
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by troy20(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
I really enjoy the strong criticisms of this administration. Benefits of democracy. There was never a better time to be a Nigerian
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
WOCKHARDI:
How old are you?
So your parents didn't tell you that even with the annulment pronoucement, Prof Nwosu continued to announce the results only to be arrested by the regime, rough handled, slapped and even tortured for disobedience.
Much later, he published/launched a book where he actually confirmed Abiola as the winner of that election. So get your facts right before ranting.
Between Nwosu and your Jega who do you think supervised over a rigged election?
Answer me before Amadioha will .........
Guy, please keep quiet instead of peddling unfounded tales. sad Nwosu announced only the House of Reps, Senatorial & Governorship elections and spectacularly failed to announce the winner of the presidential elections, during the 1993 elections. Where and when was Nwosu manhandled? Was it inside your parlour? Haba Oga, you sabi lie, o! shocked

Even the book he wrote in 2008, he only listed the amount of votes scored by each party - NRC and SDP. Did he categorically say that Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was the winner of the 1993 election? Did Nwosu himself not state clearly in 1993 that the election was inconclusive? So please stop defending the indefensible. undecided
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by babzo(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shehu Sani fought for June more than almost any Nigerian including Yorubas. He was jailed.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by reesemachh(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

My post was not for revisionists and gnats.

I said publicly. By the way, if you don't like a party you leave.

Sheu Sani never says anything other than criticise.

By how much has his constituency changed since he became senator?

Is being an antagonist the way to remain relevant?

To this issue, why doesn't he name names rather than send cryptic messages?

To the issue of money, please don't let me disgrace you.

Many of you have tried that line on this forum and I've cleared their doubts..

The moment I earn in a single day only 100k is the day I know I'm broke.

ooooshey tugbaski to da richest kid in Africa we have heard you.as if earning 100k and above daily in Nigeria is a mirage or you think because we have a dullard as a president whose body odour alone melted the whole economy others wouldn't rise up to d occasion Lollz. BMCs you guys wouldn't stop surprising us and sometimes I begin to wonder if you guys are as brainless as Buhari himself because most of his aides are.....I wouldn't patronise you by revealing how much i earn or how much my staffs earn working for me naaa cause e no go epp anybody. If you get money you no need loud amm but as a typical Afonja man that you are its just natural you open your Ewedu mouth and tell the whole world.....fucking Bmc 30k recipient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sokoto State Stand Still For Sen Wamako (photos) / There Is Complete Failure Of Governance In Nigeria – Rotimi Amaechi / Zahra Buhari Indimi Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.