Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (34726 Views)

Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader / Dino Melaye: "MKO Abiola No Longer Nigerian, Cannot Be Made GCFR" / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2018
This guy has turned perpetual wailer

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Is it the same defection that Jonathan locked the gates of the National Assembly witb Yale padllock you are talking about?
occassioned by moles and 5th columnist within the then rulling party,yea right.

Your Daura President,who is so not impervous to criticism would have done far worse than what hes doing to saraki today.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:

occassioned by moles and 5th columnist within the then rulling party,yea right.

Your Daura President,who is so not impervous to criticism would have done far worse.

But hasn't.

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

Sehu Sani betrayed Abiola? You don't know anything at all... smh

Do you how the suffering Sehu Sani went through in those days in the hands of the military while the bastards in the corridors of power today were supporting the military? You're fasting and still lying, your fasting is in vain

Pity the dude.

He prolly wasn't no n then.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

But hasn't.
say that to saraki

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:

say that to saraki

May the good boys of Saraki visit you.

...And they all said Amen.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

May the good boys of Saraki visit you.
...And they all said Amen.
And may the bad boys of Saraki visit you.
.......And they all said Amen.

s m

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Nfora: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2018
There is no wrong time to do the right thing,when others could not do it!

If a politician does the right thing in 2015,is it not for political advantage against next election?

If he does the right thing in 2018,a year to the election,what difference does it make,other than destabilise and shame those who refused to do anything for 16 years?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:

And may the bad boys of Saraki visit you.

.......And they all said Amen.

s m

I don't think such a group exists but we know he has "Good boys" on his payroll.

May they visit you and your entire family...Amen.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2018
Sophisticated morons do not know that what is happening today is exactly same abortion of June 12 1993. No brains atal.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:
for once in ur life,H.Y laudate yaff finally spoken well.
grin
You obviously cannot spell. My moniker is quite different. Stop confusing me with someone else. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

I don't think such a group exists but we know he has "Good boys" on his payroll.

May they visit you and your entire family...Amen.

people who ignored and abadoned you when u were in travail will later recognise you,for their own gain, 25yrs later after you already 'drank tea'

grin S.M

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:

people who ignored and abadoned you when u were in travail will later recognise you,for their own gain, 25yrs later after you already 'drank tea'

grin S.M

Guy, just say amen to my wonderful prayer.

grin
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

You obviously cannot spell. My moniker is quite different. Stop confusing me with someone else. undecided

H. Y
S .M
grin

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by azpekuliar: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

People like Babagana Kingibe should be removed from that list. angry And Humphrey Nwosu the former INEC Chairman who refused to announce the winner, should also be excluded. Kingibe betrayed Abiola even though he was Abiola's running mate and went on to serve in Abacha's govt. As for Nwosu, the less said about him, the better. He lacked the balls and forthrightness of Attahiru Jega, and rubbished the whole 1993 election result. undecided.

On Humphery Nwosu, compare apples with apples and not with oranges. The circumstances under which Nwosu worked cannot be compared to the circumstances under which Jega worked and he performed creditably well.

Firstly, there was nothing independent about NEC then, even now I would consider the current INEC to still be independent in name only. He was intimidated by the top military brass (a large section of whom did not want the transition program to go ahead) and all manner of kangaroo court judgement and injunctions to not conduct the election at all, yet he went ahead. Recall that this was a period where the military was known for gross human rights violations.

Secondly, he introduced reforms that revolutionized elections in this country with the option A4. A reason why till today the election is still adjudged to be the freest and fairest election in Nigeria's history, a feat that Jega did not surpass.

On not announcing the results (officially), the collation was beamed live on a billboard at NEC's headquarters. All the results were in except that of only 1 state - Taraba state. MKO was home and dry already. The results were known to all. I think at this stage he did not wish to push his luck too far against the anti-democratic elements in the AFRC.

I am convinced beyond any doubt that he displayed uncommon courage and forthrightness despite all the shenanigans of the time and such deserves a national award.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

grin
Sophisticated M,where is za fictua op u slamming ur head on za ploor fraying? grin

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2018
oluwaahmed:
Did u expect Humphrey nwosu to go against 4 military dictator who forcefully seized power from a general? Do u know how things were under military rule?
The main blame should go to those his Yoruba brothers that abandoned & betrayed him. Do u know IBB had damning evidence of voter bribery and fraud in the election that made the international community helpless in that situation? Do u know that Al-mustapha was set free bcoz he also had evidence of massive betrayal by high ranking Afonjas? Let themnjus honor the dead president without anyone else bcoz he was on his own during most of his incarceration.
Try to be a bit objective and sensible. undecided Humphrey Nwosu had all the freedom in the world to announce the result, under IBB. He purposely decided to keep mute till date. angry Was it Abiola's so-called Afonja brothers that spent millions of taxpayers' money conducting an election adjudged to be the fairest and freest in Nigeria, and then refused to announce the winner? shocked Even after IBB left power, and Abacha died, and the civilian regime came into power, what stopped him from setting the records straight?

The same 'Afonjas that you are belittling, were the ones who took to the trenches to form NADECO and forced IBB to step aside. undecided Till date, Nwosu has kept quiet on that issue like the lily-livered coward that he is. Some say he was bribed heavily to keep his mouth shut. I really don't know about that. But if he does not tell the truth about what really took place during that election, before leaving this earth, posterity will never forgive him.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

grin

Sophisticated M,where is za fictua op doing the slam on za ploor fraying?
grin

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Akolawole(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Willy7:
This is the plain and bitter truth. I wonder how the very people that shamelessly abandoned the man even before his death are now rushing to feast on his memory and legacy. MKO fought and died alone. Nobody should even claim to be for him today. Everyone, including family abandoned this man and started romancing with the evil regime that incaserated him and the one that eventually killed him. Please where is that spirit that slapped Rochas, we have some job for him/her.

Are you saying Kola and Kudirat abandon him?

Soyinka, Adebanjo, I get and the rest stood by him till the end.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Try to be a bit objective and sensible. undecided Humphrey Nwosu had all the freedom in the world to announce the result, under IBB. He purposely decided to keep mute till date. angry Was it Abiola's so-called Afonja brothers that spent millions of taxpayers' money conducting an election adjudged to be the fairest and freest in Nigeria, and then refused to announce the winner? shocked Even after IBB left power, and Abacha died, and the civilian regime came into power, what stopped him from setting the records straight?

The same 'Afonjas that you are belittling, were the ones who took to the trenches to form NADECO and forced IBB to step aside. undecided Till date, Nwosu has kept quiet on that issue like the lily-livered coward that he is. Some say he was bribed heavily to keep his mouth shut. I really don't know about that. But if he does not tell the truth about what really took place during that election, before leaving this earth, posterity will never forgive him.

again,for once,2nd time,well spoken.
But be it known unto ye that what we had then was'nt Afonja as what obtains today. Note that for your health,HY.
grin

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Nfora: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2018
flexyrule:
This is one of the metalities that has kept us backward as a country.

So because he is a party member, he should keep mum about party policies and decisions that aren't right?

So it is right for a party member to complain that his party wants to win election by scoring cheap political points?

Only a traitor can do that!

A sane party member will be happy that his party is trying to score political points,if any.

Sani should get his brain examined.

Activism is not insanity or stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2018
azpekuliar:
On Humphery Nwosu, compare apples with apples and not with oranges. The circumstances under which Nwosu worked cannot be compared to the circumstances under which Jega worked and he performed creditably well.

Firstly, there was nothing independent about NEC then, even now I would consider the current INEC to still be independent in name only. He was intimidated by the top military brass (a large section of whom did not want the transition program to go ahead) and all manner of kangaroo court judgement and injunctions to not conduct the election at all, yet he went ahead. Recall that this was a period where the military was known for gross human rights violations.

Secondly, he introduced reforms that revolutionized elections in this country with the option A4. A reason why till today the election is still adjudged to be the freest and fairest election in Nigeria's history, a feat that Jega did not surpass.

On not announcing the results (officially), the collation was beamed live on a billboard at NEC's headquarters. All the results were in except that of only 1 state - Taraba state. MKO was home and dry already. The results were known to all. I think at this stage he did not wish to push his luck too far against the anti-democratic elements in the AFRC.

I am convinced beyond any doubt that he displayed uncommon courage and forthrightness despite all the shenanigans of the time and such deserves a national award.

Till today, Humphrey Nwosu has kept quiet about the true winner of that election and the events that transpired underground which led to the annulment. sad Beaming the results live, is NOT the same as an accredited govt representative, declaring an official winner of an election. Nwosu's failure to submit an official record of that event made it difficult to tender INEC's statement as a valuable piece of evidence, in court when Abiola was trying to validate his mandate through the law courts. The circumstances in 1993 and the circumstance today, are different like you say. So what has held him by the throat till date, and made him refuse to tell the truth, about that election? He wrote a book titled Laying the Foundation for Nigeria’s Democracy: My Account of June 12, 1993 in 2008. Yet, he still kept quiet about the winner of that election. What kind of a coward does that, more than 15 years after the event?

He did not display any courage. He merely displayed uncommon cowardice. angry And he has continued showing everyone the same trait, till date!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by DabuIIIT: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2018
Akolawole:

Are you saying Kola and Kudirat abandon him?

Soyinka, Adebanjo, I get and the rest stood by him till the end.
i might be wrong but were the likes of Soyinka and Adebanjo invited for the presentation?
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by EYIBLESSN(m): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
Can't he name those that betrayed Abiola?

Matter of fact, why is he crying more than the bereaved?

He's neither an Abiola nor a Yoruba man.

I've never seen such evil people in my life.

You are in a political party but oppose everything they do and you do so publicly.

Why then are you in the party?

You are too young to know that Shehu Sani was one of the voices of democracy in Nigeria. He fought the Abacha era tooth and nail.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2018
DabuIIIT:
again,for once,2nd time,well spoken.
But be it known unto ye that what we had then was'nt Afonja as what obtains today. Note that for your health,HY.
grin

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by tiwiex(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

People like Babagana Kingibe should be removed from that list. angry And Humphrey Nwosu the former INEC Chairman who refused to announce the winner, should also be excluded. Kingibe betrayed Abiola even though he was Abiola's running mate and went on to serve in Abacha's govt. As for Nwosu, the less said about him, the better. He lacked the balls and forthrightness of Attahiru Jega, and rubbished the whole 1993 election result. undecided.

Do you know what u are talking about at all? Humphrey Nwosu was one of the heros of June 12. If not for him, we would have no June 12. They tried to force him to stop the election but he went ahead. Abeg check your history bro.
Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by Mouthgag: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2018
docadams:

Very correct

Is it not surprising that IPOIGBOS will on a normal day call Yoruba's Afonjas claiming they are traitors while terming Hausa-Fulanis almajiris and Islamic terrorists but are ready to feed on the poo from any Buhari critic that is ftom this ethnic group.
Don't mind those Osu people
Foolish hateful and bitter souls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2018
tiwiex:
Do you know what u are talking about at all? Humphrey Nwosu was one of the heros of June 12. If not for him, we would have no June 12. They tried to force him to stop the election but he went ahead. Abeg check your history bro.

No sir! sad You are the one who does not know much about that election. Humphrey Nwosu conducted a presidential election, and refused to declare a winner, thereby wasting the time, effort, energy and resources that all Nigerians had put into that election, to vote and be voted for. Check your records. Is conducting an election and refusing to announce the final winner, the act of a hero or a coward? shocked I leave you to be the judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by jegz25(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
Can't he name those that betrayed Abiola?

Matter of fact, why is he crying more than the bereaved?

He's neither an Abiola nor a Yoruba man.

I've never seen such evil people in my life.

You are in a political party but oppose everything they do and you do so publicly.

Why then are you in the party?
hiding under Buhari's popularity nah, coz once he joined pdp he's finished politically

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by GavelSlam: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2018
jegz25:
hiding under Buhari's popularity nah, coz once he joined pdp he's finished politically

He never won an election until he joined APC using the Buhari Presidential candidature as his springboard.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by LaudableXX: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
But he betrayed Abiola and he's eating from government today.
No, Shehu Sani was not part of those who betrayed Abiola. sad In fact, he was one of those who called for Abiola's mandate to be restored. it was folks like Kingibe, Zwingina, IBB etc, that betrayed him. And Sonekan who accepted to head the interim govt, after IBB stepped aside. undecided

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by azpekuliar: 11:28am On Jun 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Till today, Humphrey Nwosu has kept quiet about the true winner of that election and the events that transpired underground which led to the annulment. sad Beaming the results live, is NOT the same as an accredited govt representative, declaring an official winner of an election. Nwosu's failure to submit an official record of that event made it difficult to tender INEC's statement as a valuable piece of evidence, in court when Abiola was trying to validate his mandate through the law courts. The circumstances in 1993 and the circumstance today, are different like you say. So what has held him by the throat till date, and made him refuse to tell the truth, about that election? He wrote a book titled Laying the Foundation for Nigeria’s Democracy: My Account of June 12, 1993 in 2008. Yet, he still kept quiet about the winner of that election. What kind of a coward does that, more than 15 years after the event?

He did not display any courage. He merely displayed uncommon cowardice. angry And he has continued showing everyone the same trait, till date!

There was a kangaroo high court judgment stopping them from announcing the results. While he and his commissioners were in the process of appealing at the Appeal court, the AFRC in a preemptive move dissolved NEC on June 23. The results were submitted to the Appeal court. The question you should be asking is why didn't those who were in possession of the results after NEC was dissolved not announce the winner of the election? Did they too not know the winner?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rally In Ilorin, Kwara (Video, Photos) / House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile / Sokoto State Stand Still For Sen Wamako (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.