Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (30649 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by OlufemiWhit(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
it baffles me how the people who should be our guide scares us the most....... how pexon wan take advice dis matter sef
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by stiffy56(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Humbly go home and apologize to them...and ask them to forgive you or take any elderly person that's close to your dad or mum to beg for you......
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
I'm a 22 years old boy who's been constantly torn apart from within, I have always been seen as the black sheep in the family, I mean everything I do comes back to haunt me. I finished secondary school 2013, took Jamb but didn't get through, then 2015 came and got a pre-degree form for Adekunle ajasin University located in Ondo. I scaled through the exams, got admitted but I need was to pass Jamb for the same year. I didn't make the cut off.
  I was so ashamed of myself but I believed I still had time, so I came up with a lie, what I was going to do was pretend I actually got admitted to the school, then with the money given to me, I would get another Jamb, pass it and be a student...
  Unluckily for me, I got found out by my cousin in school who told my family, now they are requesting for my matric number and password, which I don't have. I'm too deep in the lie to say the truth because I know I'm most likely going to be disowned (my dad has made that clear). Now I'm thinking about cutting ties, staying in school and try to come up with some money so I can really be in school and study.. only then can I tell them what happened.. I don't know, I'm pretty confused and would be grateful to any advice, I'm lost but I'm hoping to find my way..

You messed up and need to get your life together ASAP.Please understand that your parents blessing is key.They raised you, suffered and sacrificed much to keep you alive.Imagine if you had been abandoned or simply neglected.You were given an opportunity but you simply blew it and still blowing it.If you do not retrace your steps my friend you will end up in a very bad place.A very very very bad place ,filled with regrets.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by stiffy56(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
Go home and apologize to them
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by 400billionman: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
I'm a 22 years old boy who's been constantly torn apart from within, I have always been seen as the black sheep in the family, I mean everything I do comes back to haunt me. I finished secondary school 2013, took Jamb but didn't get through, then 2015 came and got a pre-degree form for Adekunle ajasin University located in Ondo. I scaled through the exams, got admitted but I need was to pass Jamb for the same year. I didn't make the cut off.
  I was so ashamed of myself but I believed I still had time, so I came up with a lie, what I was going to do was pretend I actually got admitted to the school, then with the money given to me, I would get another Jamb, pass it and be a student...
  Unluckily for me, I got found out by my cousin in school who told my family, now they are requesting for my matric number and password, which I don't have. I'm too deep in the lie to say the truth because I know I'm most likely going to be disowned (my dad has made that clear). Now I'm thinking about cutting ties, staying in school and try to come up with some money so I can really be in school and study.. only then can I tell them what happened.. I don't know, I'm pretty confused and would be grateful to any advice, I'm lost but I'm hoping to find my way..
The richest people on earth did not waste time in a university IF you want life advice you can PM me

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Sanchez01: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
midehi2:
Prodigal son, just go home and apologise, for me as your mother will give you brain re-set punishment undecided
You'd make a horrible parent, no doubt. This is a case of a young boy who has been mentally abused by his own parents and is forced to be what the parents want, though through lies.

A lot of us were raised in unpleasant ways. It doesn't make it right.

He might have grown academically had he not received threats from his parents over failing JAMB. But no, you must reformat his brain because you were raised in such manner.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Sanchez01: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
it baffles me how the people who should be our guide scares us the most....... how pexon wan take advice dis matter sef
The African parenting style might have worked on some of us but it does not negate the fact that it is crude, unhealthy and extremely dangerous. A child must be what the parents want or he is as good as dead.

Then you begin to question why some parents are not so wise to understand that every child is supposed to grow at their own pace and it is their roles as parents to see that he comes out best and not subject him to mental abuse just because he failed.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by tsamson(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:

bro, the sad truth is that Many people can't understand how you feel,
they would only judge you,

bro, i know the pain, are you on Whatsapp,
quote me with your number, lets talk,

i would give you practical step to help you

looking forward to hearing from you
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Maj196(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
How do you do it? doesn't your conscience pricks you whenever you are requesting for money knowing fully well its all a charade... Repent and face the consequences bro
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Fordzzy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
rottencorpse:
If I were your parents, I would've disowned or better still cursed you a long time ago. You're a bad child. angry angry

Thank God ya nor his parent

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Kai, don't it. Check this out instead: 1. 'You cannot win when you put on the ugly cloak of self pitty'
2.' A man is at his best when he is in trouble' You see, you need more of these personal development and inspirational quotes to stay on top of your challenges in life...
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by donfeluche(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
just call me, I have a solution but private one
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Horlamidei(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
At age 22years, don't put too much of your focus on university.. tell them if possible get money from dem and start up an investment or business.
My mum spent 260k in my first year in university and 100k per session for the whole 4years. Guess what is happening to me now after I am 2ru with service since April, am at home as a burden to dem still searching for job up and down even if na 25k job after 5yrs in sku.....if I have known, tell them to give me that my fees money which all was close to a million, I dd know what I will bring out of the money 2dai and till God knows.

Education in nigeria is just like paper.......speak to dem, dey will only shout for a while and later, it will be story

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
1zynnvn:
Fvck school.
That you failed miserably doesn't make it bad. Education is better than ignorance in all ramifications.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by emelda86(f): 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tell em the truth... they won't kill you bro I think u should talk to your mom 1st she'll be the one to bail the cat.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Tommy34: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
tsamson:

bro, the sad truth is that Many people can't understand how you feel,
they would only judge you,

bro, i know the pain, are you on Whatsapp,
quote me with your number, lets talk,

i would give you practical step to help you

looking forward to hearing from you
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by BabaIbo: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
tragergeorge:
wetin do Ghana?!!
where you see Ghana for my reply?
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by BabaIbo: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
TonyBankz:
I love dis advice bro
Thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by 1zynnvn(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Datazone:

That you failed miserably doesn't make it bad. Education is better than ignorance in all ramifications.
And as educated as you claim to be you find it so hard to make a simple reply without cursing. School isn't the only place to you can get education. Maybe you don't understand the concept of education. A miserable failure as you called me shouldn't be the one to tell you this. And don't curse people you don't know. Bye
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
take this 5 steps:
1. apply for a job .i.e go from shop, to company , to houses.. weda house boy , washer man, or attendant, even gateman or driver. the pay must be minimum of 30k. factory work too

2. save minimum of 50k, come to aba (ohanku, ndoki areas) and buy bale of clothes

3. resign, and start this business. with the profit, rent a self contain and continue saving ur profits

4. start school but dont stop ur business

5. dedicate ur life to our MASTER, Jesus Christ..and stop lying and trying to please people. just do all this, after 2 years, u will come and write a better story than dis on nairaland.

Tommy34:

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by 2buffagain(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
Be true to yourself and to things always.

Why put that stress on yourself?
It is not a crime to not make JAMB cut off.

Hopefully this will be a lesson to help you realize that lying is never worth it.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
You have done a silly thing! Go back to them and tell the truth. You need a counselor btw, it’s clear why you are yet to secure admission!
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by bareal(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Simple! Lie again that you are leaving home.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Flexben(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:

MY ADVICE TO U IS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF COS IT TOOK ME 6 LONG YEARS TO GAIN ADMISSION BUT CAME OUT WITH 2ND CLASS UPPER AND I BELIEVE AM NOT DOING SO BAD COS THOSE THAT GRAD B4 ME STILL PONDER ON AW I GET TO WHERE I AM 2DAY ...... SO BE TRUTHFUL
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by dehmmorlarh4: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
i tnk u knw what to do
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:

Hi. Its gonna be well. Just relax.

1. Look for a family member or person that your parents respect. Pastor might be best

2. Relate what you just told us to the person.

.3 commit the matter to God

4. The things u do that label u black...stop doing them.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
1zynnvn:

And as educated as you claim to be you find it so hard to make a simple reply without cursing. School isn't the only place to you can get education. Maybe you don't understand the concept of education. A miserable failure as you called me shouldn't be the one to tell you this. And don't curse people you don't know. Bye
You don't even know the basis of Education. It is divided into two viz: formal and informal. Formal Education is very important. Sorry for the insult man, any unserious person may see that post of yours and may agree with you about the formal education aspect. Try not to give young ones that advice.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by HigherEd: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
There's nothing wrong in failing or falling. Just pick your self and try as many times as you can. As long as that is what you want....
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by tragergeorge(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
BabaIbo:

where you see Ghana for my reply?
lol,I mean say make e enter Ghana na, school no b force and e don fuuk up already,,,,,,besides e age don graduate so make e imagine am say e don finish school
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by BabaIbo: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
tragergeorge:
lol,I mean say make e enter Ghana na, school no b force and e don fuuk up already,,,,,,besides e age don graduate so make e imagine am say e don finish school

no be lie... smiley
Oil dey your head.

BTW Education is important if no be this country wey make am tough for graduates

Better days ahead for us

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Parable007: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
I'm Uncle Mike and i offer best advice for anyone seeking advice. first of all do you have a family pastor or someone the family respects? if yes open up to the person and the person opens up to your closed parent (by that I meant the cool headed one) and then finally let the other person know stating your intentions to be in school and be serious about it. I believe if you do this, it will be easier but trying to succeed while living in deceit will be a successful failure, it never too late or too early to correct your past mistakes.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by papascode: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
NoSidonLook:
trust me bro i know how it feels.
say no more! oga NoSidonLook is here to give you some "immoral" (call it what you want) but wise advice.

so many folks here saying poo but dont know shit of what you're going through. saying go back to famz and apologize...forget jamb and sit down with yor folks and discuss...blah blah blah

they cant feel the shame in you, neither do they know how your parents or those who know you would react ONLY YOU ONE KNOWS. and i know you are currently feeling the heat of it all.

let's establish the TRUTH firstly, YOU SCREWED UP. its vital you know the weight of your stupidity.

now my short and candid advice to you is to man up and stay in school. (thats wrong, yeah i know) find something doing. when they demand you come home tell them you are doing something there. you can enroll for a tutorial or something.

but the problem is if you are out of cash. then you got to carry your sorry ass up and go find work to do and combine with your tutorial.

believe me they would rake at home and threaten all sorts but they'll get over it TIME HEALS. its better than if you go home. the stigma and all.

its my own advice o. i know say my bad advice. i nor talk say me be good boy before. na ask e ask wey me give am my own as others freely they do too.

cc. Tommy34

Dear Tommy the best thing to do now is to enrol in a computer school like aptech, NIIT, and others immeditely as this would help reduce the shock. Your mum might be hypertensive and it is an instant cum gradual killer. You won't want to try that. After you do that take along one of your instructors and your uncle or aunty to them(your parents) to explain.
Plead with them that you intend writing jamb again even though you failed. Bros na your parents they can't disown you not when your mum is alive. And remember even if they shout at you don't stop begging until they forgive you and if they do one special day within the month you were forgiven, go do a job even if it means becoming a labourer in a building site in other to buy your father a wine and your kneel down to ask for his prayer laying his hands on you. GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / Graphic Photo: Dad Beats Babysitter Unconscious For Molesting Son / Check Out My Son @1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.