Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car (8146 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by dipo2much(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
i am also interested in what kinda car u bought
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Catchfire1: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
I feel the dude bought a newer version of of his boss's car ( just a tot).
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Newest: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
Catch_fire:

I feel the dude bought a newer version of of his boss's car  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked( just a tot).

Haaaaaaaaaa, na go u dey ooo, if nah so  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
O boy, why u dey fall my shoulder now haba angry

You be obonge Niaja niggah so behave like one. if your boss has the pickle and axe for you then you have to adjust his perception of your recent success.

Better still read the 48 Laws of Power.

1: Make sure you come to work one day without the car and walk with a limp. if asked tell them the car had problems and you had to take okada only to fall down badly grin (This will make his mind sweet small)
2: Next time park the car safely in another location or better still come to work in public transport for 1 month claiming that the car is with the mechanic with various problems (he will bless his God for your predicament)
3: Make him believe you want to sell the car but no one is buying with all its problems (Alleluyah, his ego is calmed)
4: Do plenty-eye service for him and tax him for any small change (tell him you are trying to save money to fix the car) he might not give you much but will end up fueling your car for the week
5: All this while you are looking for a job like a mad dog looks for an invisible biskit bone grin

You should be fine

1 Like

Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by onono30: 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
Thats life for you. i dislike one man bussiness. if your boss is not victimaizing you, he is out smarting you. i suggest you get a job Ist before you resign[although i see him sack you soon] pray to GOD, he will give you a better job. meanwhile, still work on the detergent making stuff, it pays to be self employed. All the best.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Chongaiman: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
He should have remembered the first of the 48 Laws of Power - Do not outshine the master. The oga might just be thinking that his money was pilfered because to in order to buy a car with such salary, one must get ready for a long period of dry fasting which would be broken with garri Ijebu.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by 1Emmy: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
My Man, it is time for your financial growth. Don't quit yourself but wait til he finally does it. Then pray, try and see the lord in action. I hope you are a christian.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by ReachRich(m): 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
ur boss is a human being like u.Dialogue with him and make him understand that the car u bought will actually improve ur service delivery in his workplace.Get closer to him despite his being unfriendly.I'm sure with time he'll get over this bad belle he is having for u.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by tomiko1: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2010
, relax a bit. don't resign yet.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by webgenius(m): 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Comechop: If you are Lagos area, let us help you procure your e-passport seamlessly and with minimal effort. Contact netcruise@live.com or call 08039626075. In fact we can arrange your appointment to within a day or two of your arriving Nigeria and ensure you collect in no more than two days thereafter
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by damilola15: 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
maybe your boss is not jealous, just some family prob(wit wife). grin grin grin
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You be obonge Niaja niggah so behave like one. if your boss has the pickle and axe for you then you have to adjust his perception of your recent success.

1: Make sure you come to work one day without the car and walk with a limp. if asked tell them the car had problems and you had to take okada only to fall down badly grin (This will make his mind sweet small)
2: Next time park the car safely in another location or better still come to work in public transport for 1 month claiming that the car is with the mechanic with various problems (he will bless his God for your predicament)
3: Make him believe you want to sell the car but no one is buying with all its problems (Alleluyah, his ego is calmed)
4: Do plenty-eye service for him and tax him for any small change (tell him you are trying to save money to fix the car) he might not give you much but will end up fueling your car for the week
5: All this while you are looking for a job like a mad dog looks for an invisible biskit bone grin

You should be fine

imho, this sums t up.

a lot of us can be very petty - who is this small boy chopping life - when i was his age i could not buy bicycle - i must clip his wings angry angry angry

my old man actually warnd me about this when i bought an suv - that i must be careful who i let see it for these exact reasons
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by ruffhandu: 12:39am On Jun 04, 2010
you sure have stolen this man's money to buy car and now you need another mugu you'll leech dry. Be sure that what goes round comes round. The same way you'll be treated by your employees someday if God lets you.

If I someone partners with you in your paper or soap making, in two months you'll buy a house in Lekki. Nigeria is getting worse because of all these.

God help you if you are innocent.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by hbrednic: 3:33am On Jun 04, 2010
look your boss in the eyes and have a friendly chat with him,
amebo said "he is about to sack you".you need to watch out,maybe that amebo is ur worst enemy in that company.
let your boss know your feelings,but most importantly hold on to your present job,while you plan for your dreams.
if ur ever going to leave ur present job,make sure you leave with no hard feelings.nobody knows 2morrow.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by damola1: 7:45am On Jun 04, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You should be fine

Certainly this will work, but only to prove the need for a means of transportation.

In Lagos, a car is no longer a luxury if you have ever used it, even while I was in university, Without a car, you lose hrs to trekking and get so stressed out that you simply sleep off when you back to the hostel.
ReachRich:

your boss is a human being like u.Dialogue with him and make him understand that the car u bought will actually improve your service delivery in his workplace.Get closer to him despite his being unfriendly.I'm sure with time he'll get over this bad belle he is having for u.
This one could or might not work. But worth a trial. See, Nigerians are very logical peeps, most likely, he's asking himself, how did this small boy buy this vehicle, most likely, he's doing backyard runs, so it's best actually that you make it clear say na ur papa and mama arrange things for you.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 04, 2010
talk to your boss, thats being a man, dont run when it gets difficult. face him and get sacked or resolved. either way, you are a winner. jealousy is natural, he probably think you are cheating him or competing with him. talk to him, i repeat, talk to him.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by BynoBaba: 8:13am On Jun 04, 2010
I think the poster should try to find another job and bolt as soon as he can. Not everyone in happy when others seem to be making progress in life.

On the other hand, his grammar is utterly attrocious!!
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by d7thcaller: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You should be fine

I laugh in latin, this is a very good idea and I think it will work, however the OP might not find it easy to do cos there is already a love lost b/w him and his boss and also he I is likely he is already loosing interest / job satifaction.
My advice is stay put, pretend as much as you can while looking for a job ASAP.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by oluagness(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2010
Please, don't resign for the time being. Keep working with him while searching for other job. best of luck
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by AjanleKoko: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You should be fine

ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by rapstar: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2010
man, just try and have one and one talk with ur boss, dont hide anything for him,ask him that you dont understand him anymore in a polite manner. if it continues then dont resign untill you get a another job
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by babsmii(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2010
sad indeed,
similarly with me, im currently serving in Lagos. and as a corper, i didn't want to buy a car even though i need it. i just bought a car from a friend last week and i can't just drive it to work, lol cos i like  my job and i want to be retained by God's grace.
sounds funny but here in Nigeria, people see car as a mega thing, even though ive not finished paying but they want to relate it with their life situations. saying, when i was your age, i never thought of buying a car,
whatever, i'll just wait or the right time to drive to that work in style,
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by cashii25: 9:17am On Jun 04, 2010
Play it cool with the boss, same time look for another job and if conditions are right move on.

Never leave current work without securing another ( In writing ). Its a good thing to move jobs and a nice way to get a decent payrise margin. Just ensure you are not moving jobs every 6 months as that wont be a good look  grin
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by trublu1(f): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You should be fine

AjanleKoko:

ROFLMAO!!!!

^^^
grin my reaction as well.

@ poster, in all seriousness, I agree with those that say not to quit your job just yet. Start looking for other opportunities, ride out the storm.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Onumacious: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2010
Remember the very first rule; DON'T OUT SHINE THE MASTER.

the quest of we young pple to live flashy life at all cost has landed u where u are, imagine somebody on N50,000 salary buying a car? do u pay house rent and other bills? how much do u spend on trans monthly food stuff and generally self up keep?

My advise is u better watch ur back cause this boss of urs will definitely set u up and with d way our men on black operate, no body will believe u got help 4rm family members or friend.

Good luck to u but remember don't let FEAR of the UNKNOWN stop u frm doing what u ought to do.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by denony(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2010
get the car documents and the car key
present it to him and tell him you actually bought the car for him.

he will like u to the core, will never complain again.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by jamestab: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2010
for starters, a one man business is a business owned and financed by one person, who may have as many staff as he can/ cannot pay
@poster: dont resign, it shows that your boss has finally gotten rid of you with his silence ( a great weapon, at that).
the bone of contention - the car - stop bringing it to work.
then start saving for your self employment (business) cos times will be hard,
as you wont have any other source of income except what you make on your own,
and you need to build up capital for imput towards your own bussiness,
does your boss have a car?
if he doesnt then you are very unwise to have brought your car to work,
you have broken one of the rules of power,
i wish you luck!
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by cecegorz(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2010
@OP

Actually you need a little bit of common sense here.
Good enough you hinted about your family  having a helping hand in procuring the said car but you didn't mention if your boss is aware of that. You can take a step to discuss that with him to keep his mind down.
Believe me, one man businesses had been bankrupted severally in this country by thieving staff and every Entrepreneur's antenae is always tweaked whenever there is any sign of that.

You don't need to prove to your boss in a one man business that 'you don hammer', because he gets to see you every day, and he is bent to feel you are shortchanging him definitely.

Everybody knows that with 50k/month in Lagos, you will have to put in a good number of years in a job to be able to afford that car, and that is why your boss probably feels you must be swindling him somehow, even if he can't put his fingers on it.

Another thing that comes into play is the kind of car you actually bought, if it is anything close to a million bucks, then it is not wise, given your earning capacity. I will tell you that even in corporate organisations where the structure is diverse and you earn far bigger than that, you can't just go and buy a 3mill car when your bosses are using prob. 1mill+ cars. Its just common sense bro.

All in all i think Mr Lager's advice, though too funny is not a bad idea, for you to redeem your relationship with the boss if you still see a future in that company.

Let's see hot it goes.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by ud4u: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2010
He could be jealous that is number one, secondly he could be wondering how you could not have any other need than car with that level of income. But how could you have gotten another job of 70k and still prefer the one of 50K, well that is your choice. But I still advice you hook up to another job before leaving. Best of luck
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by obums(m): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2010
i will advise u 2 still secure ur job,then search 4 anoda one,then wen u do then u can nw quit then previous one,i still advice u 2 confront ur boss considerin his illward behaviour towards u,
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by jokingmary(m): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2010
ud4u:

But how could you have gotten another job of 70k and still prefer the one of 50K,

don't blame him
he said he had a good relationship with his boss
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by skyndyp(f): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2010
**Staring in my crystal ball**: Your boss is a witch and wants to kill you. He's been responsible for all the misfortunes in ur life and he plans killing you in a car accident. Pray and fast for 14 days,at the last day go naked to the office and he will resign and handover his biz to you. No need to look for a new job my son,everything will work out just fine. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wich Engineering Field Is D Best, D Most Recognized,d One Dat Requires More Math / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career / Requesting For Redeployment From HR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.