Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Terribly Confused... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Terribly Confused... (1331 Views)

SA Girl States Why She Is Terribly "In Love" With Nigerian Men (video) / Quickie with Housegirl Gone Terribly Wrong.. / Some Girls Stand Terribly. Legs Bent Backwards And Yansh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terribly Confused... by Benbobola(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 15, 2018
It's the govt. We are all confused ni

2 Likes

Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2018
When I asked her why she said she needed 6months, she said she wants to get "emotionally ready". Haba! And she feels weird getting married before her elder sisters who are career people and her mother may not be happy she's getting married earlier than the sisters. Those were her reasons o.

These shows she's from a overpampered home where self-worth is overrated and not allowing the children to mix up with friends..they all grew up putting career first..marriage is not important. I've seen such families before. Na dia type dey speak English for traditional wedding.

But you get mind o, you open ur eyes down and want to chuk ur precious head inside trouble. All the elder sisters and mother don't know about marriage and you want to go ahead. Someone is supporting her daughter bcus shes not emotionally ready and for other selfish reasons.. Don't you know that if a little quarrel comes up between you two, she's d type that will threaten or even carry her bag and go straight to her mother's or sisters house. And those ones with their career pride/status and inexperience in marriage will just pamper and support her against you blaming it on your age as inexperienced and disrespectful.

You better open ur brain, not only ur eye bcus e be like say ur brain don lock. I no mean to insult you but na wetin I go tell my brother I dey tell u so. Shine ur eye!

4 Likes

Re: Terribly Confused... by Obinnau(m): 6:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Brother flee! I wonder how a 32 year old lady will be preparing to be 'emotionally ready' for marriage. She is still a mummy's girl who can't handle her affairs without external input. believe me when you eventually marry her, you are marrying her mother's overbearing attitude also. You have already given your opinion of 'age is a number' thing, but...
Anyway the decision is yours to make so better use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Terribly Confused... by Administration1: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2018
i smell something?

Re: Terribly Confused... by Mrnakeina(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Administration1:
i smell something?

Please cover your nose
Re: Terribly Confused... by Tallesty1(m): 7:01am On Jun 15, 2018
Obinnau:
Brother flee! I wonder how a 32 year old lady will be preparing to be 'emotionally ready' for marriage.
Sometimes when a lady asks for more time to 'be emotionally ready' it means she needed time to be sure if the other guy will not marry her. It happens when you're her second choice.

The girl is confused, the guy is confused and the confusion that confused them is confused. I'm leaving before it affects me.

3 Likes

Re: Terribly Confused... by dingbang(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2018
Lmao a 32 year old woman is still saying she isn't emotionally ready.. Op please find yourself a younger woman biko.
Re: Terribly Confused... by Holymann(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2018
It's either she's waiting for someone else or she's waiting for her sisters to get married.

2 Likes

Re: Terribly Confused... by schumastic(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2018
Am just here wondering if is that deceiving word called love that is deceiving op or her wealth or somethin else. You want to marry someone 3YRS OLDER than you still, she is not ready to walk down the aisle. OP this your story is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf to know that the lady you are talking about is not ready, You better find someone else.

It's obvious her types are the ones who will seek the mum or sisters advice whenever there is a problem in the marriage.

Signed.

Vice Chairman,

Bachelor's Club,

Ikeja, Lagos Branch.
Re: Terribly Confused... by ednut1(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2018
This is a joke right
Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2018
Tallesty1:
Sometimes when a lady asks for more time to 'be emotionally ready' it means she needed time to be sure if the other guy will not marry her. It happens when you're her second choice.

The girl is confused, the guy is confused and the confusion that confused them is confused. I'm leaving before it affects me.

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which other guys is she waiting for after a man said he's ready to marry her?

Bros na spiritual problem. The same spiritual problem that's affecting the two elder sisters is knocking the guy off gradually. This guy should move and get another person because they will waste his time together with theirs.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: Terribly Confused... by Benbobola(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2018
ednut1:
This is a joke right
No joke man. Dilemma am currently facing.
Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2018
ednut1:
This is a joke right

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

E be like joke ooo... But no be joke.

One sister is 3years older that's 35years old. Another is 6years older that 38years and dem never marry. And she's is 32years and reluctant.

Bros, it is highly spiritual.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: Terribly Confused... by Originalsly: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Op is a funny guy....to him age is just a number and he doesn't care....but he misses no chance to let us know ages or who is older than who! From the onset of the relationship his intent to marry was clear...without learning about the person?...hmmm.....I smell money! What three older sisters ..Carrera people...will allow their ehmmm....baby sister to marry before them? Op needs to find them a husband each b3fore h3 stands a chance to marry.
Re: Terribly Confused... by ednut1(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
Benbobola:

No joke man. Dilemma am currently facing.
if u wanna live long abeg stay away from this kind family. Go find sensible gal. Dem go dey post u till d odas get married which may not be soon o. If u marry am self d sisters nd fam no let una enjoy
Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
lalasticlala; mynd44; Dominique; fynestboi.
Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 15, 2018
ednut1:
if u wanna live long abeg stay away from this kind family. Go find sensible gal. Dem go dey post u till d odas get married which may not be soon o. If u marry am self d sisters nd fam no let una enjoy

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We don talk Truth but love no go let make our bros hear.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Terribly Confused... by Benbobola(m): 8:05am On Jun 15, 2018
I wouldn't say the mother is overbearing in anyway. She seems very nice and all. It's just that am surprised how it seems they are not so enthusiastic about marriage. Her dad on the other hand is a very quiet and true gentleman. Has no issues at all. Most time, the mother and sisters make decisions and may not inform him earlier since he will most likely go along with it. No one in her family is aware of my true age. She fears her mum will annul the relationship. Can I just let her know August is the best I can do to wait? But even then, how to I cope with this emotionally ready is
Re: Terribly Confused... by ednut1(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2018
Benbobola:
I wouldn't say the mother is overbearing in anyway. She seems very nice and all. It's just that am surprised how it seems they are not so enthusiastic about marriage. Her dad on the other hand is a very quiet and true gentleman. Has no issues at all. Most time, the mother and sisters make decisions and may not inform him earlier since he will most likely go along with it. No one in her family is aware of my true age. She fears her mum will annul the relationship. Can I just let her know August is the best I can do to wait? But even then, how to I cope with this emotionally ready is
cheesy d father adapted thats y he has lived long. Can u adapt to such I pity u sha grin
Re: Terribly Confused... by Masterppower: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
Guy you are simply number 2 or 5...
They want to keep you on standby against any failure
Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
Benbobola:

Did you ask her what she means by emotionally ready?

Honestly as cliché as it may sound only she has the answers. I know you keep stressing her age but it's not like she is on her death bed ... Maybe through aspiring to her sisters she saw that age should not be the thing that rushes you to marry ... There's more to it than that

So maybe you need to look at yourself a bit and ask if you are in a good position to be offering marriege? ... Look at how your relationship has been for these 3 years ... Is it something she would want to be locked into for life?

Yes marriege is beautiful but a woman who is asked to marry will consider the following about her man before excepting:

1. Is he in a good financial position to take care of her ( even if she has her own money) and take care if the children.

2. Do you treat her well ... being abusive is not only physical but emotional

3. Unfortunately she will consider whether her family likes you and thinks you will be good for her

4. Does she love you ...

5. Does she think she can do better ( despite her age) .... Now before you get angry think about it as it might make u insecure in the marriage

Anyway just talk to her honestly... Say it like it is even if it hurts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terribly Confused... by Benbobola(m): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2018
Yellowdayzee:

Did you ask her what she means by emotionally ready?

Honestly as cliché as it may sound only she has the answers. I know you keep stressing her age but it's not like she is on her death bed ... Maybe through aspiring to her sisters she saw that age should not be the thing that rushes you to marry ... There's more to it than that

So maybe you need to look at yourself a bit and ask if you are in a good position to be offering marriege? ... Look at how your relationship has been for these 3 years ... Is it something she would want to be locked into for life?

Yes marriege is beautiful but a woman who is asked to marry will consider the following about her man before excepting:

1. Is he in a good financial position to take care of her ( even if she has her own money) and take care if the children.

2. Do you treat her well ... being abusive is not only physical but emotional

3. Unfortunately she will consider whether her family likes you and thinks you will be good for her

4. Does she love you ...

5. Does she think she can do better ( despite her age) .... Now before you get angry think about it as it might make u insecure in the marriage

Anyway just talk to her honestly... Say it like it is even if it hurts
Believe you me, I treat her like a queen. I buy things for her before I buy things for myself. She has been my top priority for the last 3 years. I have never ever abused her in any way. For finance, I have an average paying job and I own two farms, so am very very comfortable. I even proposed to her publicly over a year now, knelt down in a mall, all the sereren... She gladly said yes. All these just to show how much I cared and loved her. The sisters seem to like me though. My parents have accepted her as well. It's just so confusing. What am I missing

1 Like

Re: Terribly Confused... by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2018
Benbobola:

Believe you me, I treat her like a queen. I buy things for her before I buy things for myself. She has been my top priority for the last 3 years. I have never ever abused her in any way. For finance, I have an average paying job and I own two farms, so am very very comfortable. I even proposed to her publicly over a year now, knelt down in a mall, all the sereren... She gladly said yes. All these just to show how much I cared and loved her. The sisters seem to like me though. My parents have accepted her as well. It's just so confusing. What am I missing

Seems you have done the best you can. Just be patient with her.
Re: Terribly Confused... by pedrilo: 10:08am On Jun 17, 2018
If ur partner is not excited knowing u want to marry her then I'm sorry to tell u this; SHE IS NOT URS

1 Like

Re: Terribly Confused... by Divay22(f): 10:16am On Jun 17, 2018
@32 she can't take a stand and decide what she wants or come out blunt other than this childish act of keeping you waiting..
Age really doesn't come with maturity..
Re: Terribly Confused... by emelda86(f): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2018
That lady ain't yo wife

@32 she's still making excuses oh well!!! What do I know undecided
Re: Terribly Confused... by sexy74(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Benbobola:
This maybe a long post so please bear with me as I narrate...
Am in a long distant relationship with an older lady. She comes to visit and I also visit. Am 29, she's 32. Age is a number to me so I never really cared. This would be our 3rd year of dating and I already made my intentions of marriage known to her from the onset of the relationship. She has 2 elder sisters, one three years older, the other six years older and they are all yet to be married. So at least I thought she would be so excited to be the one to break the jinx.
Late last year, I informed her that I want us to be a fully packaged deal in 2018. She said OK. In February, I asked her to inform her parents of our plans to have our introduction about April, she said she will wait till she visits them next. She visited them during easter celebration which was in April. When she told her mum, she said she has heard, We should be patient.
Patient for how long? I wondered. I decided to resort to June again but her mother said we should wait, some things have to be put in place. What are the things needed to be put in place? Sheybi it's only introduction we are starting with first, I asked my partner. She said her mum wants to do renovation of their house before my family visits. Initially the plan had been to do both intro and wedding this year as I have met her parents and they have met mine. Imagine my shock when she told me last week that the mother said we should do introduction in September! My partner too now said the wedding will be six months after the introduction! I am shook!!!
Am in love with an older lady who claims to love me but doesn't seem to enthusiastic to marry me. Have I wasted 3 years?
When I asked her why she said she needed 6months, she said she wants to get "emotionally ready". Haba! And she feels weird getting married before her elder sisters who are career people and her mother may not be happy she's getting married earlier than the sisters. Those were her reasons o.
I would have thought an older lady that found love would be so enthusiastic about marriage but I don't know how to explain this... Have i entered one chance The issue is really bothering. Can't talk to my friends about it because I don't want them to know her real age. My parents know tho. I have told her to tell her mum that I pick August and that's it. Can't wait till September. Something I had planned to be fully married this year, if I do intro September, when d marriage go con be? Last night, lady con dey mention Month of May again for marriage... Seems like she's not even considering her age at all. Abegi I Don tire!
Please any advise Romanceland folks. No bashing please. I really do love her and wish to marry her. Thanks
Tell them your terms if they are not interested go your way.
Na so control of family by other people dey start.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Japa Trend / Is This Humanly Possible? / Is He Right Or Wrong To Suspect His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.