Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (13735 Views)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by kunlesmiles(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chi59:

But then, people die everyday, leaving loved ones behind. Both healthy and sick, married or single.
If you were a sickler, wouldn't you want to be able to love and be loved, instead of being avoided for fear of dying soon?
u are good with words,and u seem very confident,u deserve d best man, do not settle for less. Much luv

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Jagaban880: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
virago:
I can and will marry an SS if I fall in love with one.

I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread for the first time , was this ever on front page ?
easier said dan done
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

hi Chi59 there are some vital things I'd like us to interact about. Can we go via mail or whatsapp?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by austyne22ex(m): 9:02am On Aug 02, 2018
I am AA so I can date and marry a sickler...No one is perfect, we are all highly flawed as humans

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by chiommy123(f): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2018
scary crisis thats why I will say no
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
hi Chi59 there are some vital things I'd like us to interact about. Can we go via mail or whatsapp?

Pm me
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
i'm AA I can't.
I can date but not marry is an easy thing ooh
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
tunize:
i'm AA I can't. I can date but not marry is an easy thing ooh
And why's that? If I may ask
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

I tink this should be on genotype issue of marrying an SS and i said i can date an SS but i cant marry one. but i can date one.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

Its a matter of choice......its not easy
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
tunize:
Its a matter of choice......its not easy
I see
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Blackbishop(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Why not, if she is going to be a cool headed person... In fact am interested in a relationship with one to understand the fear of people with them cuz its bad when people hear it and start to abhor fear

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
Blackbishop:
Why not, if she is going to be a cool headed person... In fact am interested in a relationship with one to understand the fear of people with them cuz its bad when people hear it and start to abhor fear

People fear what they don't understand. There's quite some mysteries and myths surrounding people who live with sickle cell. Some call them "Abiku". some call them "Ogbanje". nevertheless, they are humans in every sense of the word.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

I see
what??
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by moneyest(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Why not?
If you tick most of my boxes that should never be a problem and besides I'm AA.
If SS carries are taken very good care of, they can live as long as they want

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
tunize:
what??
I mean, I get your point.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
moneyest:
Why not?
If you tick most of my boxes that should never be a problem and besides I'm AA.
If SS carries are taken very good care of, they can live as long as they want

You can send her a pm, sir smiley
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Fidelismaria: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hell motherfuvking no
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

I mean, I get your point.
okay can u do like-wise?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
tunize:
okay can u do like-wise?
Judging from the risks I've taken, I could, if I love him well enough.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by tunize(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

Judging from the risks I've taken, I could, if I love him well enough.
hmmm okay sounds cool
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Dantepet3000: 11:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove
After dating 2 different female sicklers in my 36 years existence, 3 years each, get your true answers on Dantepet3000@gmail.com trust me u will learn
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Dantepet3000:

After dating 2 different female sicklers in my 36 years existence, 3 years each, get your true answers on Dantepet3000@gmail.com trust me u will learn

Care to explain?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Jayenbee(m): 7:22am On Mar 09, 2019
i can definitely date and marry a sickler..... Maybe cuz i understand them.... have a few friends who are. though i am AA. i just want love,trust,honesty. i can definitely date and marry a sickler..... Maybe cuz i understand them.... have a few friends who are. though i am AA. i just want love,trust,honesty. i can definitely date and marry a sickler..... Maybe cuz i understand them.... have a few friends who are. though i am AA. i just want love,trust,honesty.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by iezeiyida(m): 9:27am On Mar 09, 2019
Yes. I can date and happily marry a sickler if we're medically approved, and if we truly love each other. Being a sickler is not being hopeless. Moreover, modern medical science, has a way to tackle the issue of a sickler marrying a compactible partner with no problems

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove
Yes I can date a Sickler...
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Mcy56(f): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2019
oluwatodimu1:
i once dated an AA lady that falls sick more than the normal SS/SC. genotype isnt majorly a barrier, if all other stuffs are in place
AA falling sick more than SS?
Can't see possibility of that!
Her sickness may be due to other things but definitely not the genotype.
If you mention malaria then it's understandable cos AA are prone to malaria and environment plays a major role in how often they fall sick.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by oluwatodimu1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mcy56:

AA falling sick more than SS?
Can't see possibility of that!
Her sickness may be due to other things but definitely not the genotype.
If you mention malaria then it's understandable cos AA are prone to malaria and environment plays a major role in how often they fall sick.
I found out later on that she had some hidden practices that made her vulnerable to all sorts.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Goddys(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
I am scared whenever I remember that my sibling in mid thirty is sickler. Sometimes I wish I could share the pains.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Mcy56(f): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2019
oluwatodimu1:
I found out later on that she had some hidden practices that made her vulnerable to all sorts.
What hidden practices? Like smoking or what?
Anyway it's good you realise that the sickness is not about her gene. Aside malaria, AA don't fall sick easily like that. Sickness is synonymous with SS.
I only wish intending couples take these things seriously so they can stop bringing children forth to suffering health-wise.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Mcy56(f): 8:22am On Mar 26, 2019
Goddys:
I am scared whenever I remember that my sibling in mid thirty is sickler. Sometimes I wish I could share the pains.
Painful! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop Trying To Make A Marriage Work With A Gay Man -bisi Alimi To Nigerian Women / Is She The Highest Paid Blue Film Actress In Nigeria? (PHOTOS) / Twelve Clues To Spot H0’RNY Women Instantly *and Take One Home*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.