Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,726 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? (4135 Views)

My Feelings For Her Has Lessen From 56% To 0.001% Cos Of Her Bra / I Just Gave My Girl Friend 40k For Christmas - See Reasons / My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good day everyone, I just want some piece of advise on how to cope and preferably reduce the gullibility of my girl friend. I pricelessly love my girl friend. She is well behaved, cultured, respectful and greatly submissive but my only concern with her is her gullibility, looking every thing at the point of religion and dogmatical at those things that is obviously other wise.

She once made me fell prey to one Alfa very close to her house. This is the whole story: There was a time I went to visit her, we were together inside the room when we heard a knock, it was the Alfa that sent for me and my girl. Behold, me and my girl did not waste time to answer the Alfa. We got there, the Alfa did not say much but only adviced us on the need to trust ourselves. Without wasting much time, he( Alfa ) discharged us but instructed me to come back alone the following day. I went back there alone as he instructed, he( Alfa ) began to narrate how my village people and the enemy withing are after my life and destiny and that something urgent has to be done. He (Alpha) said we are going to do "saraah"( pls permit me to use this word, I don't know the English word for it ) and after this, all the storm will be over. Inside of me and right in front of the Alfa, I was just smilling that this one is looking for a way to gulp money from me. I did not even exchange any word with him but assured him that I will get back to him.

Lo and behold, I got home and my girl asked me what we discussed. I explained everything but I said affirmatively to my girl that I am not going to visit the Alfa again. My girl began to beg me to do what the Alfa said but i held firmly on to my stance until third day when my girl began to cry profusely and hysterically, disturbing me to do what the Alfa said. As it is, I valuelessly love my girl, so i decided to do it since this is what will bring smile on her face.

Without wasting much time further, I went to the Alpha and began saraah upon saraaah that requires money upon money. All these "saraah" was done on my behalf by this Alpha without me witnessing it my self, my only duty in the whole process was to bring money at the point it was needed.

To cut it short, before it dawned on me and my girl friend, I have spent almost 60k within the space of just 5 days.

After realising that this Alpha was fraudulently sipping money from me, I angrily went to my girlfriend and immediately, she knelt down, she was begging me that she never knew that the Alfa was fraudulent. Well, at this point, I have to just forget it and let the issue go into oblivion. This mark the end of our relationship with the Alpha.

As if this is not enough, my girlfriend turned to another Pastor. The pastor is even staying not far to that former Alfa. My girl friend is a type that believes in anybody holding bible and call himself pastor. As time went on, she turned this pastor to her spiritual consultant and she did visit this pastor's place frequently since the place is very close to her house. I kept telling my girl friend on the need to reduce her frequency into this pastor's place, but she see me as devils incarnate anytime I say anything against pastor even when what i am saying is obvious.

Believe me, 3 days ago, my girl friend narrated how this pastor almost raped her in his house. I was verry happy and had to make gest of the whole narration because my warning had come to past. She shouldnt have let me know but she was advised by another Pastor to inform me (as her annointed boyfriend that I am ).

Don't be deceived, my girl is not S.U ooooo, we fork different styles with maniacal acrobatism at any point in time we so desire. Besides this, I know what i am saying, she is not a spirit-Koko type. She is just a normal girl that hypocritically love spiritual things.

Now as I am writing, my girl friend has started visiting another pastor but not as frequent as before. I expressed my displeasure about her almost unreasonable dogmatism but she sees me as devils incarnate.

Pls my people, how can I make her soft-pedal in her quest for spirituality and set her on reasoning devoid of religion when necessary...?
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Olalan(m): 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
Seems your girl doesn't learn from past experiences which is not a good trait for anyone.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by madridguy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
If you love yourself leave the girl and get yourself another girl that is upright and not gullible.
When girls/ladies/women run after spiritual people, be Alfa, Babalawo or pastor, run for such lady because they're always time bomb.

21 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
IF you can’t stop her from all these, better break up with her, a day will come one of her spiritual father will tell her to flee from you. If she could be that gullible, she’ll do it

9 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by IamD18: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
She's not gullible.

There's something about her she's hiding from you, something bad about her that is making her run to pastors for help, something bad about her that's making her seek miracles from pastors, something too deep that needs miracle to amend.

Maybe "Barren, No womb, Atrocities she committed tormenting her or so"

You said she's not a spiritual or church type. Then why running and jumping from one pastor to another?

Something is wrong. Summon her and do some questioning Bruv.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by TSOM(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
While religion and spirituality have their places in our lives, I resent people who are religious fanatics. Once your decisions are based on "...But my pastor said...", that's it for me. Be rational - think for yourself.

As a girl, once you even start posting "...My pastor said..." all over your social media pages and going out of your way to throw your religiosity in other people's faces 'cause, for some reason, it'd make you appear saintly, my resentment for you starts.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Bluezy13(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
60K cast to the wind in 5 days and life goes on.

You are as good as your Gf. Says the story

5 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by anibirelawal(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
Any girl with such traits that turned to norms can never change, It will get worse if you eventually marry her. Guy run for your dear life, you are too young to allow a spiritual bound girl to destroy your precious life, all in the name of love.
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by thesicilian: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
If she wasn't gullible, she might not have become your girlfriend in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
stupidity:
IF you can’t stop her from all these, better break up with her, a day will come one of her spiritual father will tell her to flee from you. If she could be that gullible, she’ll do it

This is exactly one of my fear...
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
anibirelawal:
Any girl with such traits that turned to norm can never change, It will get worse if you eventually marry her. Guy run for your dear life, you are too young to allow a spiritual bound girl to destroy your precious life, all in the name of love.

I have been trying to convince her to live normal but she will never listen... but if the unthinkable eventually happen, she will be like I never knew it will end this way ( with remorse )
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by highqueen(f): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
marry this one,and your household properties will be residing in pastor's or Alfa 's home.

she's too blinded and naive.

did she finish secondary school atall?

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by yanmiri(f): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
@OP, what exactly is she looking to solve by seekng out these people and maintaining some loyal followership with them?

Does she or do you have a "spiritual" issue?

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Omachona: 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
IamD18:
She's not gullible.

There's something about her she's hiding from you, something bad about her that is making her run to pastors for help, something bad about her that's making her seek miracles from pastors, something too deep that needs miracle to amend.

Maybe "Barren, No womb, Atrocities she committed tormenting her or so"

You said she's not a spiritual or church type. Then why running and jumping from one pastor to another?

Something is wrong. Summon her and do some questioning Bruv.

This is where your answer lies
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by anibirelawal(m): 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
tayooluwole:

I have been trying to convince her to live normal but she will never listen... but if the unthinkable eventually happen, she will be like I never knew it will end this way ( with remorse )

Their lies the bad traits which she turned to norms, there is nothing you can do to change her mentality about the whole thing.
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
highqueen:
marry this one,and your household properties will be residing in pastor's or Alfa 's home.

she's too blinded and naive.

did she finish secondary school atall?

Yes, she is pretty but too naive...
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Fesomu(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
The only gullible person is you
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Lonestar124: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
A lady who cannot adhere to your advice now, how will she obey your manly instructions if you eventually marry
her.

Dear, sit her down and talk into her reasons she should start keeping your instructions to avert further unlikely stories.. you're the man, she should be subjected to you.
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by TIDDOLL(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
[/b]She's indeed gullible, no doubt has to do with naivety and insecurity.

You just have to maintain your stance and reiterate your values and views over and over again, till it sinks into her gene pool.

Because, a gullible mind is a loose cannon!

Might later lead her to being Diabolical[b]

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by atilla(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
Op
I would go wif IamD18 s advice above.

If she doesn't open up to u. The best advice after that would be not to try to advice her but take care of urself and find another girlfriend. She will only end up putting u in trouble by doing Sumfin evil either to u or that wil get u in trouble also
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
TIDDOLL:
[/b]She's indeed gullible, no doubt has to do with naivety and insecurity.

You just have to maintain your stance and reiterate your values and views over and over again, till it sinks into her gene pool.

Because, a gullible mind is a loose cannon!

Might later lead her to being Diabolical[b]

Thanks bro
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
atilla:
Op
I would go wif IamD18 s advice above.

If she doesn't open up to u. The best advice after that would be not to try to advice her but take care of urself and find another girlfriend. She will only end up putting u in trouble by doing Sumfin evil either to u or that wil get u in trouble also

What of if she doesn't have anything to open up ? Besides, do you think it will be easy for me to end almost 2 years relationship... it is easy to give this kind of advice since you are not the one in love. I love every thing about this girl, the only grey area is this her gullibility and I only seek advice as per how it can be reduced...
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2018

THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT A WOMAN'S GULLIBILITY.

NORMALLY SHE WOULD ARGUE ABOUT EVERYTHING, AND NEVER ADMIT WHEN SHE'S WRONG.

THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CONVINCE HER ABOUT HER BELIEFS, JUST LIKE THERE'S ALMOST NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CONVINCE HER ABOUT ANYTHING HER MIND IS ALREADY FIXED ON.
THE MORE YOU TRY, THE MORE HER FAITH IN NONSENSE STRENGTHENS.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Kampack: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
Her spiritual consultants will sooner than later give her some condiments to sprinkle on your food in order to gain your heart and luv, but guess what, consider yourself fortunate if you live to tell the story..because that condiment na POISON! so after you arr gone, they will shag her with further maniacal acrobatism you described. Mumu Op

Saying you cant end 2yr relationship shows you are even more gullible than your gf. Wait till the 2year relationship ends you na. angry

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Beemhan(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
Why do I get the feeling that these spiritual people she visits are shagging her already grin

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
Drop her numb mk we punish am with prick
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by johnkey: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
hmmm I detest such people. I stay away from them.
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by tayooluwole: 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kampack:
Her spiritual consultants will sooner than later give her some condiments to sprinkle on your food in order to gain your heart and luv, but guess what, consider yourself fortunate if you live to tell the story..because that condiment na POISON! so after you arr gone, they will shag her with further maniacal acrobatism you described. Mumu Op

Saying you cant end 2yr relationship shows you are even more gullible than your gf. Wait till the 2year relationship ends you na. angry

Lol...God forbid
Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by blessedvisky(m): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
tayooluwole:

Lol...God forbid
tayooluwole:
She is just a normal girl that hypocritically love spiritual things.

This sentence from you is the solution to your problem. I've encountered people like her and unfortunately I have have a close family member like that too ( a grown man o). She has a spiritual void that she thinks she can fill by following those who can "prophecy" or who claim to see into the spirit realm and know the solution to things . I'm betting that she's the type who will fall for anything anybody tells her as long as the person can display some spiritual acrobatics. This is what you will do

1) Let her realize what it's doing to her and you as a couple and as individuals. The truth is that any body you willing submit yourself too in spiritual matters will also have a form of influence over your future (experience talking here) . Make her to learn the scriptures for herself and by herself. Tell her to stay praying all those binding and loosing prayers and tell her to start doing all those daily declarations. I'm sure you can get good ones on some sites or even nairaland here. YOU MUST BECOME HER PRIEST! YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! You must be very firm and serious with it ( she doesn't currently see you as a spiritual authority). You can start once in a week vigil where you will be the one coordinating prayers and prophecy. I repeat again, you must take this seriously!! You have to develop a spiritual side too to checkmate the influence of these conmen fronting as clergy

2) This is the tricky one. You must start to dish out your own spiritual acrobatics too. A lot of people don't really know how religion and mysticism work and they fall for it easily. I won't teach you how to do this but I can teach you how to identify a faker

He always asks for money or favours
He tries to get unduly close to you and/or your girl
He is always talking about his problems
He has some obvious questionable character
He tries to tie you or ur girl down in his assembly /church /mosque /shrine.
He acts like he owns you or your girl
His ministry size is not proportional to his words (ie he keeps talking of great things God has done through him but he only has 10 members) This specially applies to those who are G.Os if you know what I mean.

I read a story of a Prophet who scattered the home of a very comfortable family here on Nairaland. He convinced the woman (most likely after displaying spiritual acrobatics) that her husband was a ritualist and that he was responsible for the abnormal blood flow she was seeing. The woman left the husband's house and stopped having sex with him. She bought an SUV worth 20 Million nairaland for him along the line and gave him over #50 million within a space of 5 years. It was her children that eventually got him arrested when they noticed she was always broke and didnt know how her money was going.

I also read a personal experience of a nairalander who was ranting about a pastor that his mum gave the car he bought for her. He confronted the pastor but the woman sided the Pastor!! Meanwhile she was trekkiilng everywhere o b4 receiving the car. Obvioudly both women were spiritually naive and the scammers took full advantage of them. If you don't want your girl ending up like that, you need to take this seriously

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Lessen My Girl Friend's Gullibility ? by marvelli(f): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
Sorry OP...I know people like your girlfriend. I dont know if I should call it gullibility or stupidity but its very irritating to witness. And I know im a lady o, but its mostly common amongst ladies. From what ive noticed they dont change. If you keep complaining about it, she'll just hide it from you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Will Never Refuse To Give A Fellow Guy Is 'condom' - Lady Tweets / Man Cries Out After Creating Fake Facebook Account To Toast His Wife As Stranger / Princess Salt Has Got The Baddest Booty In Nollywood (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.