Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (6876 Views)

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them / Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2010
bawomolo:

there were no footlocker stores in naija back then
lmao ori e fokasibe grin
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2010
bawomolo:

there were no footlocker stores in naija back then
it's kind of a good thing the british put an end to the so-called theory about nigerian monarchs having any power.  they are mere mortals like you and I
Really? They should have stopped the practice period. . . . because of kings like Oba ondo undecided
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Bluetooth
My brother, I no get time for too much talk,my message was clear.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by bawomolo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
FL Gators:

Really? They should have stopped the practice period. . . . because of kings like Oba ondo  undecided

nigerian monarchs were useful to the british as a form for indirect rule. they were basically tax collectors but Nigerians actually pay respect to this clowns.

juju aint real nor would curses stop an ak-47
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
bawomolo:

nigerian monarchs were useful to the british as a form for indirect rule. they were basically tax collectors but Nigerians actually pay respect to this clowns.

juju aint real nor would curses stop an ak-47
Let's find out with you in front of the gun barrel.

Up till today, Nigerians still worships anything foreign, even if they're an economical danger.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Baro(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2010
Oba Gha to Kpere - Ise!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by EzeUche(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2010
Edo people take note!

The Yoruba are mocking your rulers!

Will you allow this to stand?
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
df2006:

@Bluetooth
My brother, I no get time for too much talk,my message was clear.
you've not tell me anything other than your loyalty to your oba anyways i'm waiting to see the result of such curse.if it works,maybe other states can call on the oba of benin for assistance base on contractual agreement
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
EzeUche:

Edo people take note!

roflmao.have you ever seen a bini chief before with that their hairstyle.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by oderemo(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
Edo people take note!

@ezeuche, your ability to plant discord is millennium.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by SapeleGuy: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
bawomolo:

did the curses of the oba stop the british from ransacking the benin empire?

or the queen juju strong pass oba of benin juju?

Whatever next, based on your logic, the Jews should forsake their faith because of Hitler and Nazi Germany.

Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi peace be upon him, sacrificed himself to save his people. Many of us owe our existence to the selfless act from our Kings Oba Ovonramwen and Ovie Oghwe.

It comes as no surprise to me that many of you on this forum celebrate holocaust.

Look closely at the picture, I am sure you will see yourselves in the faces of your treacherous ancestors standing guard.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Ehoi: 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2010
Who exactly is this man? His looks portrays defiance.
bawomolo:

Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Meddler(f): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin. this is too funny. For a brief second I can understand why most developed nation reject religion. So how is this curse gng to be delivered? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2010
Meddler:

ROFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin. this is too funny. For a brief second I can understand why most developed nation reject religion. So how is this curse gng to be delivered? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
stay tuned for the live coverage come thursday!!!!!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by AkinEgba: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Daddy Adeboye once curse thieve people that visit his church. I do not know the income of that curse
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by bawomolo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Whatever next, based on your logic, the Jews should forsake their faith because of Hitler and Nazi Germany.

i don't see how my logic support nazi's.  the allies didn't fight the evil axis with "curses".

Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi peace be upon him, sacrificed himself to save his people. Many of us owe our existence to the selfless act from our Kings Oba Ovonramwen and Ovie Oghwe.

lol the same mythically powerful oba ovonramwen that got his backside kicked by the British and forced into exile.  plain and simple, curses do not stop guns just like they didn't stop the machine guns of the british and the french. 

It comes as no surprise to me that many of you on this forum celebrate holocaust.

huh?

Look closely at the picture, I am sure you will see yourselves in the faces of your treacherous ancestors standing guard.

all i see in the picture is a mere mortal who supposedly could kill a man just by pointing his finger.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Meddler(f): 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

stay tuned for the live coverage come thursday!!!!!

Is this gng to be like the movie - The Ring, after listening/watching I have 10 days to live. Oh noooo,  grin
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by kosovo(m): 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2010
i will most likely be present at this epic event, We must not forget our roots, anything that makes the oba of bini to put on "RED", Then it is "FINISHED". . . i feel so sad for those kidnappers cos they have met their waterloo.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Cohomology: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
Utter rubbish!

Questions for those who believe in this ridiculous waste of internet space:

1. Why limit the curse to Benin/Edo?

2. Why can't the curse be extended to nearby Niger-Delta where many, including many "Bendelites", are suffering at the hands of oil companies?

3. Why can't the curse be extended to the entire Nigeria, given that Nigeria is being robbed daily by animals in human skin?

4. Doesn't the Oba want the Niger-Delta in particular and Nigeria in general to be free from all the aforementioned vices?

5. How about the myriad Edo girls held in sexual slavery in Europe?

6. Why does the Oba not place a curse on their captors?

7. Does not care about them?

8. Are they too poor and irrelevant to deserve such an important/expensive curse that may free them from their slavery?

9. Is it that the Oba doesn't frown so much at slavery, albeit sexual, as his fore bearers possibly participated in some aspects of the slave-trade?

10. How about placing a curse on all those holding Nigeria down and keeping her under-developed? Or does the Oba somehow approve of Nigeria's state of underdevelopment?
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by bawomolo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^

the oba's juju can't go past benin.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2010
Cohomology:

Utter rubbish!

Questions for those who believe in this ridiculous waste of internet space:

1. Why limit the curse to Benin/Edo?

2. Why can't the curse be extended to nearby Niger-Delta where many, including many "Bendelites", are suffering at the hands of oil companies?

3. Why can't the curse be extended to the entire Nigeria, given that Nigeria is being robbed daily by animals in human skin?

4. Doesn't the Oba want the Niger-Delta in particular and Nigeria in general to be free from all the aforementioned vices?

5. How about the myriad Edo girls held in sexual slavery in Europe?

6. Why does the Oba not place a curse on their captors?

7. Does not care about them?

8. Are they too poor and irrelevant to deserve such an important/expensive curse that may free them from their slavery?

9. Is it that the Oba doesn't frown so much at slavery, albeit sexual, as his fore bearers possibly participated in some aspects of the slave-trade?

10. How about placing a curse on all those holding Nigeria down and keeping her under-developed? Or does the Oba somehow approve of Nigeria's state of underdevelopment?

you ask too much questions.the oba has to start from somewhere,if it works,then other state governors can contract him
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by whybanme(f): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ehoi:

Who exactly is this man? His looks portrays defiance.

Oba Ovoranmwen Nogbaisi
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 07, 2010
kosovo:

i will most likely be present at this epic event, We must not forget our roots, anything that makes the oba of bini to put on "RED", Then it is "FINISHED". . . i feel so sad for those kidnappers cos they have met their waterloo.
grin cheesy grin

Plz, kosovo, record this and post it on youtube.  kiss
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by kosovo(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2010
FL Gators:

grin cheesy grin

Plz, kosovo, record this and post it on youtube. kiss
Noted, would try my possible best . . .
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 07, 2010
kosovo:

Noted, would try my possible best . . .
Are you serious?
You're actually traveling to Nigeria for this? undecided
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by redsun(m): 6:49am On Jun 07, 2010
In a country where reasoning is far fetched,anything diabolical goes.What he is trying to do is not different from what christians and moslems do everyday in their respective place worship praying to the thin air to help them deal with demons,devils,witches and all the imaginary enemies they create for themselves by being stupid.

We are still very primitive as a people,even though we find it difficult to accept but it is all in our foot prints.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2010
The same believe in diabolical powers is the major factor for the under-development in edo states and some others places that believe in such.
i know a place that dont have electricity until recently because of the believe that the gods of the land dont like electricity.i asked about people that use generator from an indigene of that area and he said,they are on their own because they are alien to the land.see what believe in the non-existence can cause>>>gross underdevelopment
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2010
Bluetooth is deceived by his party party yoruba obas that have lost repsect of their people.

You are a confused soul. This is not one lousy wife beating oba of akure we are talking about.

so get lost from this thread.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by spikedcylinder: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2010
Nigeria should have a National Day of Cursing and Swearing. On the allotted day, Nigerians gather together, whether huddled together as families or at work, to rain all manner of imprecations on evil doers in the country.

Seconded!!! grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2010
snowdrops:

Bluetooth is deceived by his party party yoruba obas that have lost repsect of their people.

You are a confused soul. This is not one lousy wife beating oba of akure we are talking about.

so get lost from this thread.
wont prayer or deliverance had been better instead of this terrible step.i still can't imagine it.someone wake me me cuz i'm dreaming
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by wazobiang: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2010
dem need to upgrade dem curse slang to effect didital age stuff like gsm, internet etc. if not the curse no go work o.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by sayso: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2010
technology don win ooohh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U .S . Classified Files Reveal Untold Story Of Ojukwu, Biafra By Americans / Why Kogi, Gombe Ministers Have Not Been Inaugurated / The Largest Cities In Nigeria Ranked By Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.