Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (6878 Views)

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them / Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by chelseabmw(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2010
let's wait and see then
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Abuse: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2010
The only ancient city that is still avoiding modern culture for native nonsense.Even the United Kingdom has runs a monarchy system but with modern fixtures.Please someone should advice those Benin Kingpins to re-strategies cos there they are obsolete.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by rabzy: 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
In my Secondary School days in Lagos, i have seen guys fight with Juju and the likes. Some of the most popular ones were 'subu sere'  'ana sare', bante etc. These things do work but not always.

The whole of the African continent can not be afraid of Juju powers if these things don't actually work at all. I know of a room in Sango Ota where the landlady was buried and anytime anyone sleeps in that room, he is beaten during the night.

In the Oba' market in Benin, there was a time thieves ransacked the market, a popular transporter Bob Izua, threatened to curse the thieves with aiyelala within seven days if they don't return the goods and a lot of the stuff were recovered.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by ohisng(m): 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
Life is spiritual. One should never underestimate spiritual matters regarding invocation of curses by a spiritual authority as an Oba. But if these curses would work on d criminals, only time will reveal
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
Abuse:

The only ancient city that is still avoiding modern culture for native nonsense.Even the United Kingdom has runs a monarchy system but with modern fixtures.Please someone should advice those Benin Kingpins to re-strategies cos there they are obsolete.
this is dog poo. tell me examples of your so called modernization by the british monarchy. Nonesense. The british hold their tradition and way of life so dear. How come the Queen remains their head of state and commander in cheif? how come any prime minister still has to brief the queen every single week? how come they carry on with things like the queens speech to the commons and the christmas message?

the binis have every right to practice their traditions without having two-faced bigots holding a knife to their throats
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
make una turn to Jesus!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by eros(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hmmm!!! Let's see how this turns out, maybe after the cursing and swearing the incidence of robberies and kidnapping will be reduced or non-existent.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by freshera: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nigeria should have a National Day of Cursing and Swearing. On the allotted day, Nigerians gather together, whether huddled together as families or at work, to rain all manner of imprecations on evil doers in the country.[color=#990000][/color]

I third it   grin grin grin
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Tcrack(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2010
i wont be suprised if the kidnappers storm the curse session, kidnapp the pot belly oba, his fat chifes, the market women,their gods and any other valuable thing tickles their fancy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Ranoscky(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
shocked shocked shocked . .Oba of benin wan go do wetin?  shocked. .Naim be say, the habalist wey dem go-go meet don harmmer be dat!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by bawomolo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
snowdrops:

the binis have every right to practice their traditions without having two-faced bigots holding a knife to their throats

bigots for where, you mean the same traditions that couldn't beat back the british  grin. curse or juju can not stop bullet

Tcrack:

i wont be suprised if the kidnappers storm the curse session, kidnapp the pot belly oba, his fat chifes, the market women,their gods and any other valuable thing tickles their fancy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

that would be hilarious, a test of their cursisity, yes i made up that word  grin
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ranoscky:

shocked shocked shocked . .Oba of benin wan go do wetin?  shocked. .Naim be say, the habalist wey dem go-go meet don harmmer be dat!
why would the oba look for a herbalist to conduct the 'curse/cursing session when he himself is equal to the task i.e he is a herbalist
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by bawomolo(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

why would the oba look for a herbalist to conduct the 'curse/cursing session when he himself is equal to the task i.e he is a herbalist

the oba can put an human being to sleep just by pointing his finger.
super oba, coming to a tv station near you
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
bawomolo:

the oba can put an human being to sleep just by pointing his finger.
super oba, coming to a tv station near you
rotflmao
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2010
bluetooth and his ilk you guys are insulting the oba of benin. abomination

know say your names are on the way to the list of the cursed.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
snowdrops:

bluetooth and his ilk you guys are insulting the oba of benin. abomination

know say your names are on the way to the list of the cursed.
wetin concern agbero with overload.you and your oba should find better things to do with your lives because i dont give a s h i t about the curse.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
you will soon start giving a piss when your life starts falling apart angry wink
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 08, 2010
snowdrops:

you will soon start giving a piss  when your life starts falling apart angry wink
roflmao.wetin person no go hear for nl.
i believe in God not devil wannbe-gods
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2010
hahaha what a hypocrite you are. does God teach you to insult others and disrespect your elders? all your posts on nairaland are filled with tribalistic poison. Is that what God teaches you to do.
Be deceiving yourself. You have sold your soul to the devil. Get ready for your punishment.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Abuse: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2010
@snowdrops:They have deceived you.I think you also worship at Holy Arouser.So no need to abuse u this morning.Have a blessed day.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2010
your comment is uncalled for. Its between me and bluetooth. he has been attacking people from tribes other than his. he feels his yoruba tribe is superior to others. that is simply wrong.
i am a christain and as such dont believe in other faith. but that does not mean they should be denied their rights to express their beliefs.
its better they rain curses on criminals than the criminals rain bullets on innocent people.

and PS, i dont worship in holy arousa. maybe you are confusing me with your grandparents in oliha market. tongue
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by skyrocker(f): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2010
Good day all,

Most times i come to nairaland is to read views on various topics concerning everything concerning us and i'm never moved to reply to a thread. Every tribe have their doctrines and mode of worship.I think the Oba of benin coming out,is a great step towards the solving of the great menace in that state.(I)Some of u say why is it only in benin he has to lay curses on the kidnappers? I answer by asking u,  can d president of nigeria purnish a citizen who has committed crime outside d country and who resides there?its either the citizen is extradicted or trialed in a country were there is mutual agreement btw d two govts,same i say for the Oba,has authority over the benin kingdom and its indigenes.

II)Also the issue of prostitutes in italy and drug barons, I am of the personal opinion that, its an individual choice or parental one,they are trying to make ends meet and thats the best way they know how,some of u  believe in schooling and working hard to achieve wat u want,while some result to kidnapping ,yahoo yahoo and all other means.the main issue right now is dat,ur neighbour in italy prostituting and selling drugs, does their actions affect u,to the extent of causing u or ur familly either,financial,psychological,emotional pains? NO it doesn't unlike the case of the kidnappers that do that.

III)The igbenedions in benin Kingdom till tomorrow are feeling the wrath of the Oba. Before i talk on lucky d past governor,lets go to the head of the igbinedion empire CHIEF GABRIEL IGBINEDION, who was among the first to privately own commercial aircrafts in the country,in case u've forgotten ''OKADA AIR", thats were the popular name given to motorcycles is gotten from and which is also  the name of his home town in Edo state. He started parading himself as the Oba of benin whenever he's outside the country,word got back to d oba and he was cautioned,didn't desist from it and a curse was placed on him,before u know it OKADA AIR is dead.Most of u westernised  people will say that it was due to bad management. for his son lucky,the past governor,it was said he looted the treasury,yes he did,but wat most of u don't know is dat he's a working corpse,everymoney looted is going into an incurable ailment he has.pls do ur research.

IV) most of us, this young generation we tend to chide ourselves that we are westernized and forget that there's evil.But i tell u dat may God give u d grace not to face anything like evil,most of u foreigners,no insult intended,ur parents,used the guises of going abroad to study and to work to make ends meet,after achieveing this purpose,they fail to return home,why? most of them are afraid of the evil in the land,i think most of u have been sheilded from the truth.

V)There is a big transporter who was kidnapped and later died, the proprietor of "GOD IS GOOD MOTORS" they run the benin-lagos route and even connecting some eastern states to lagos,he was kidnapped in benin from his church after service, ransome was demanded and it was delivered but unfortunately he didn't make it,it was a big shake for edo state up to the extent the EZE of his town(He was an Igbo Man) had to meet with the Oba and asked why a son of theirs was murdered on his soil and a curse was laid on the kidnappers,make ur research and find out the outcome,then u'll know the power behind such curse.

The Oba of benin is not like any other Oba in Nigeria,name any social gathering outside the benin kingdom that u'll see the oba in attendance? at most u'll get cheifs as reps for the oba.Most of u will say,he can't show himself ,cos he's an illiterate and backward human being,i can authoritatively tell u that the Oba is a graduate and was once an ambasador before taking up the mantle as OBA of Benin kingdom.

Some say the curse wouldn't work cos it mumbo jumbo,according to FELA "trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am" There was a time in benin when the  cult "AYELALA" which is used to curtail the ills ,like theft,killing,e.t.c, most people especially the young ones claiming westernisation that were stuborn enough either live a misery life or they are dead.we should not try the devil for us to actually believe there is evil.

Pls we should try and desist from issulting people dat tend to err their views cos by so doing we deviate from the subject matter and achieve no meaningful information at the end of the day. If the curse of the oba will reduce or totally eradicate the menace from the society,so be it. I pray none of u or ur loved ones should fall prey to these demons.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2010
fantastic article skyrocket. intelligent points with brilliant examples to press each issue you raised. what a breadth of fresh air you are. you are very knowledgeable on happenings in benin.

you need to do nairaland more service by posting more and reading less. people like bluetooth should only come here to read sensible comments by others because we know what happens when they start punching those keyboard.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2010
Abuse:

@snowdrops:They have deceived you.I think you also worship at Holy Arouser.So no need to abuse u this morning.Have a blessed day.
i use to know that holy aruosa as the traditional CHURCH the oba of benin attends.mehn,that place is an evil place with oldies/grannies as members.roflmao
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2010
and so what? dont you have anglican churches in england full of old men and women? why do you find this so funny? do they have leprosy?
your nuisance value is becoming ridiculous
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by alienYOUTH(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2010
A very coherent and comprehensive post by SKYROCKER  kiss

Anyone deriding the whole curse thingy is definitely an ATHEIST or doesn't take God seriously angry, cos it's not possible to believe in GOD and not believe in EVIL; both are not mutually exclusive.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2010
snowdrops:

fantastic article skyrocket. intelligent points with brilliant examples to press each issue you raised. what a breadth of fresh air you are. you are very knowledgeable on happenings in benin.

you need to do nairaland more service by posting more and reading less. people like bluetooth should only come here to read sensible comments by others because we know what happens when they start punching those keyboard.
you are one funny dude.my points so far are genuine or are they not ?
skyrocker:

Good day all,

Most times i come to nairaland is to read views on various topics concerning everything concerning us and i'm never moved to reply to a thread. Every tribe have their doctrines and mode of worship.I think the Oba of benin coming out,is a great step towards the solving of the great menace in that state.(I)Some of u say why is it only in benin he has to lay curses on the kidnappers? I answer by asking u,  can d president of nigeria purnish a citizen who has committed crime outside d country and who resides there?its either the citizen is extradicted or trialed in a country were there is mutual agreement btw d two govts,same i say for the Oba,has authority over the benin kingdom and its indigenes.

II)Also the issue of love-peddlers in italy and drug barons, I am of the personal opinion that, its an individual choice or parental one,they are trying to make ends meet and thats the best way they know how,some of u  believe in schooling and working hard to achieve wat u want,while some result to kidnapping ,yahoo yahoo and all other means.the main issue right now is dat,your neighbour in italy prostituting and selling drugs, does their actions affect u,to the extent of causing u or your familly either,financial,psychological,emotional pains? NO it doesn't unlike the case of the kidnappers that do that.

III)The igbenedions in benin Kingdom till tomorrow are feeling the wrath of the Oba. Before i talk on lucky d past governor,lets go to the head of the igbinedion empire CHIEF GABRIEL IGBINEDION, who was among the first to privately own commercial aircrafts in the country,in case u've forgotten ''OKADA AIR", thats were the popular name given to motorcycles is gotten from and which is also  the name of his home town in Edo state. He started parading himself as the Oba of benin whenever he's outside the country,word got back to d oba and he was cautioned,didn't desist from it and a curse was placed on him,before u know it OKADA AIR is dead.Most of u westernised  people will say that it was due to bad management. for his son lucky,the past governor,it was said he looted the treasury,yes he did,but wat most of u don't know is dat he's a working corpse,everymoney looted is going into an incurable ailment he has.pls do your research.

IV) most of us, this young generation we tend to chide ourselves that we are westernized and forget that there's evil.But i tell u dat may God give u d grace not to face anything like evil,most of u foreigners,no insult intended,your parents,used the guises of going abroad to study and to work to make ends meet,after achieveing this purpose,they fail to return home,why? most of them are afraid of the evil in the land,i think most of u have been sheilded from the truth.

V)There is a big transporter who was kidnapped and later died, the proprietor of "GOD IS GOOD MOTORS" they run the benin-lagos route and even connecting some eastern states to lagos,he was kidnapped in benin from his church after service, ransome was demanded and it was delivered but unfortunately he didn't make it,it was a big shake for edo state up to the extent the EZE of his town(He was an Igbo Man) had to meet with the Oba and asked why a son of theirs was murdered on his soil and a curse was laid on the kidnappers,make your research and find out the outcome,then u'll know the power behind such curse.

The Oba of benin is not like any other Oba in Nigeria,name any social gathering outside the benin kingdom that u'll see the oba in attendance? at most u'll get cheifs as reps for the oba.Most of u will say,he can't show himself ,cos he's an illiterate and backward human being,i can authoritatively tell u that the Oba is a graduate and was once an ambasador before taking up the mantle as OBA of Benin kingdom.

Some say the curse wouldn't work cos it mumbo jumbo,according to FELA "trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am" There was a time in benin when the  cult "AYELALA" which is used to curtail the ills ,like theft,killing,e.t.c, most people especially the young ones claiming westernisation that were stuborn enough either live a misery life or they are dead.we should not try the devil for us to actually believe there is evil.

Pls we should try and desist from issulting people dat tend to err their views cos by so doing we deviate from the subject matter and achieve no meaningful information at the end of the day. If the curse of the oba will reduce or totally eradicate the menace from the society,so be it. I pray none of u or your loved ones should fall prey to these demons.
i know a lot of things about benin and i'm sure of anything i post.
-firstly,one would have expected the oba to use his powers to rule the land in peace as his name signifies.
-secondly,his crown son is the ambassador to italy,what is he doing about prostitution and drugs
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2010
snowdrops:

and so what? dont you have anglican churches in england full of old men and women? why do you find this so funny? do they have leprosy?
your nuisance value is becoming ridiculous
dont blame me if i dont believe in voodoo
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

-firstly,one would have expected the oba to use his powers to rule the land in peace as his name signifies.
-secondly,his crown son is the ambassador to italy,what is he doing about prostitution and drugs
pronoucing curses on criminals may be unorthodox, but someone please wake me up, the intention surely is to reduce/stop crime and in that case let peace reign.
his son eda eken of uselu as you said is an ambassador, last i heard it was to an east asian country. if you are right by saying it is to italy, what facts do you have that he has done NOTHING to discourage prostitution/drugs. careful before casting aspersions on people.

~Bluetooth:

dont blame me if i dont believe in voodoo
your belief or not in voodoo is immaterial in this case. it does not change the fact that there are dark forces out there in the supernatural realm.
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by marabout(m): 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
Again manifest in this exchange here is profound ignorance. Only few of you here can  boast of a better education or a more successful career (not obaship) than the Oba of Benin.  Most of you talking of modernity do not (because of tribalism that has ravaged  Nigeria)  know the history of Benin.
An Oba of Benin was the first Oba to become a Christian in West Africa. The oldest christian cathedral in Nigeria stands in Benin.  Even the so-called pentecostal thing that now has many goats and chickens starting up also began in Benin.

When you see the way ignorant Nigerians rubbish the culture of other Nigerian tribes, it is obvious that Nigeria as an entity has no future. No entity has a future has a future without mutual respect.
Today, you see Yorubas singing praises of Awolowo to high heavens. If at  all Nigeria has real heros, it must be Ovoramen, Jaja of Opobo and the like who knew that PRESERVING ONE's INDEPENDENCE is FAR BETTER OF HAVING TO GIGHT FOR IT LATER.
The discrimination that the British started against the Benis for daring to face the British has been continued by the so called-majority tribes. Many Binis do well abroad. They have to. Afterall they have no chance in a tribalistic Nigeria. Except you are one of the Obsekis and co known historically for leaking the A>R>S>E>s of the Yorubas.

What do Nigerians benefit from aping Western way of life? Racism. The Indians, Chinese and others are way ahead of us. They are not christian.

The fact is many other Nigerians just envy the stability and worldwide respect the Bini royalty has BUT they will rather mock it due to envy and tribalism. At least Benin princes are not fighting over the throne nor is Omo n'Oba beating his queen all over the place.  People go on about this religious thing as if they were in Jerusalem 2000 years ago.  They are just following a trend. Follow follow mentality. Maybe 25 years from now, Hinduism or Shintoism will be the in thing. Fela was really correct.

If i may digress, another funny thing you see on Nairaland is the claim that oba of Benin was selling slaves. In fact, Benin Kingdom was the probably the first to ban slavery. And the kingdom declined economically while nearby kingdoms prospered on slavery. Poor education in Nigeria and a curiculum biased toward pandering to ethnic majorities has produce many ignorants. Has anyone read the biography of Olaudah Equiano (an ethnic Ibo and citizen of Benin Kiingdom)?
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
marabout:

Again manifest in this exchange here is profound ignorance. Only few of you here can  boast of a better education or a more successful career (not obaship) than the Oba of Benin.  Most of you talking of modernity do not (because of tribalism that has ravaged  Nigeria)  know the history of Benin.
An Oba of Benin was the first Oba to become a Christian in West Africa. The oldest christian cathedral in Nigeria stands in Benin.  Even the so-called pentecostal thing that now has many goats and chickens starting up also began in Benin.

When you see the way ignorant Nigerians rubbish the culture of other Nigerian tribes, it is obvious that Nigeria as an entity has no future. No entity has a future has a future without mutual respect.
Today, you see Yorubas singing praises of Awolowo to high heavens. If at  all Nigeria has real heros, it must be Ovoramen, Jaja of Opobo and the like who knew that PRESERVING ONE's INDEPENDENCE is FAR BETTER OF HAVING TO GIGHT FOR IT LATER.
The discrimination that the British started against the Benis for daring to face the British has been continued by the so called-majority tribes. Many Binis do well abroad. They have to. Afterall they have no chance in a tribalistic Nigeria. Except you are one of the Obsekis and co known historically for leaking the A>R>S>E>s of the Yorubas.

What do Nigerians benefit from aping Western way of life? Racism. The Indians, Chinese and others are way ahead of us. They are not christian.

The fact is many other Nigerians just envy the stability and worldwide respect the Bini royalty has BUT they will rather mock it due to envy and tribalism. At least Benin princes are not fighting over the throne nor is Omo n'Oba beating his queen all over the place.  People go on about this religious thing as if they were in Jerusalem 2000 years ago.  They are just following a trend. Follow follow mentality. Maybe 25 years from now, Hinduism or Shintoism will be the in thing. Fela was really correct.

If i may digress, another funny thing you see on Nairaland is the claim that oba of Benin was selling slaves. In fact, Benin Kingdom was the probably the first to ban slavery. And the kingdom declined economically while nearby kingdoms prospered on slavery. Poor education in Nigeria and a curiculum biased toward pandering to ethnic majorities has produce many ignorants. Has anyone read the biography of Olaudah Equiano (an ethnic Ibo and citizen of Benin Kiingdom)?
story!!!!
Re: Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals by snowdrops(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

story!!!!
after quoting a beautifully written post, is that all you have as a response?

Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Collects Just 10% Of The Supposed Past Presidents' Salary / Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow / Insecurity: Buhari Disregarded Nigerians By Refusing To Meet NASS - Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.