Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26397 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Olodo, what I said is above - Jesus called such as you HYPOCRITES! Where did you find me saying He used "fowl" language (BTW, the spelling is foul). Where's the lie against Jesus? I told you - what you do is try to say you are supporting God just as your fathers (Pharisee and Sadduccess) did and what are you doing here? PROVING ME RIGHT grin You're the one who's lying if you don't show my lie against Jesus and where I said Jesus used dirty language.

And then you attempt even more guile by turning the issue of tithe "emotional".

Anyway, please O - show where I said Jesus used "fowl" language. And "goat" and "rabbit" and "donkey" language too. Ode!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nearest(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
I've said it before, if you want to understand the context of some instruction in the bible, read the original text! The bible was not written in english, and you will all agree that the english language is not as reach as the greek language{i'm not saying the bible was written in greek in the olden days, but it was translated into english from greek}. Sometimes the true meaning of something is lost in translation. Anyways, on paying tithe, do as your pastor tells you, if you have studied the bible and disagree with your pastor, what then are you doing in his church?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by osifred(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
@tudor my sweet friend that i dont even know. please do me a favour by watching what you speak especially as it concern men of GOd.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by garyarnold(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2010
nearest said, "Anyways, on paying tithe, do as your pastor tells you, if you have studied the bible and disagree with your pastor, what then are you doing in his church?"

I, myself, did just that - I have left every church that teaches and collects the tithe.  But I had a private meeting with the pastor of each of those churches.  The results:

Pastor #1 - Pastor said he thought I was wrong but he would do some research.  Within two weeks he stopped quoting Malachi 3:8-10.  Within several weeks he stopped teaching tithing, BUT he kept using the work when actually teaching giving from the heart.  He wouldn't give up using the word or admit to the congregation he had been wrong.  He did admit to me, in private, that his teaching had been wrong.

Pastor #2 - Same results as #1 above.  Just wouldn't give up the word tithe.

Pastor #3 - In a private meeting told me he knew tithing ended at the cross and was not brought into the New Testament, BUT he had to teach tithing, robbing God, etc. BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST DON'T WANT TO GIVE.  He said if he didn't teach it that way they wouldn't bring in enough money to keep the church doors open.  He, therefore, justified lying, in his mind, since he was bringing people to The Lord.  This particular pastor has his Ph.D. in theology.

Pastor #4 - In a private meeting agreed that the law was nailed to the cross, but said that tithing was NEVER a law or command!!  Even when I showed it to him in the scriptures, he denied it.  This guy is either a liar or just plain ignorant.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by jcross19: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
any pastor i mean ANY pastor that makes tithe as an obligation is a fraud and any church paying salary to pastor that church is fraud . remember jesus said that he will start his judgement from his house which is church to tell that HE "jesus" has knew what is going to happen .
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
nearest:

I've said it before, if you want to understand the context of some instruction in the bible, read the original text! The bible was not written in english, and you will all agree that the english language is not as reach as the greek language{i'm not saying the bible was written in greek in the olden days, but it was translated into english from greek}. Sometimes the true meaning of something is lost in translation. Anyways, on paying tithe, do as your pastor tells you, if you have studied the bible and disagree with your pastor, what then are you doing in his church?

So it is "his church" now? Apostle Paul must have encouraged following "do as your pastor tells you", These are CLASSICS and require not further comment from me.

These folks believe Jesus Christ fulfilled everything except tithes $$$$$$$$ ( " straight cash homey is what Randy Moss calls that grin grin grin grin)

A family member once admitted to me " " if we don't collect tithes, is it the $1 offerings people give as offering that we will use to run the Church?"

My response was that they needed to reduce their expenses instead of using lies. sad

jcross19:

any pastor i mean ANY pastor that makes tithe as an obligation is a fraud and any church paying salary to pastor that church is fraud . remember jesus said that he will start his judgement from his house which is church to tell that HE "jesus" has knew what is going to happen .

Well said.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Olodo,

We can see your intellectual prowess on display so there is no need to look down on us who are not that bright, I will not even attempt to go down that lane with you.  An intellectual who is not regenerated is a dangerous intellectual sinner, dangerous because of the religious knowledge he has acquired.

nuclearboy:

what I said is above - Jesus called such as you HYPOCRITES! Where did you find me saying He used "fowl" language (BTW, the spelling is foul). Where's the lie against Jesus? I told you - what you do is try to say you are supporting God just as your fathers (Pharisee and Sadduccess) did and what are you doing here? PROVING ME RIGHT grin You're the one who's lying if you don't show my lie against Jesus and where I said Jesus used dirty language.

Since you claimed to be literate, correcting my Engrish you should not find it difficult to read your own posts where you justified your use of fowl, sorry foul language by saying that Jesus also did the same when He called the Pharisees hypocrites.  In the link I posted earlier you went as far as saying Noah and Elijah cursed people or did you not use them to justify your use of "french language"?

nuclearboy:

And then you attempt even more guile by turning the issue of tithe "emotional".

If you see my recommendation as "emotional" that's fair enough, but I see it as a serious issue that needs to be addressed as it can determine where you will spend eternity.

nuclearboy:

Anyway, please O - show where I said Jesus used "fowl" language. And "goat" and "rabbit" and "donkey" language too. Ode!

I can see that you go around abusing people calling them fools.  Here is what Jesus said and you will be better off if you can add His words of wisdom to your so called "intellect"

" . . . and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nearest(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2010
ogajim:

So it is "his church" now? [/b]Apostle Paul must have encouraged following "do as your pastor tells you", These are CLASSICS and require not further comment from me.
Which one be your own in this matter? I said his church, meaning his in charge of the church not owning the church.
Don't you say [b]my house when you are referring to the house you live in which you also pay rent to the landlord?
my guy, if you feel paying tithe is wrong then confront your pastor about it, if you don't like his answer then QUIT HIS CHURCH
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by thimbook2(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2010
@Tudor

I'm not surprised seeing your profile pix that u're not qualified to comment on the life of a consecrated man of God or a church movement for that matter, not to even talk of calling him a thief, that's kind of going too far, don't you think?

let's try and be fair before making such scathing comments about people who have obviously gone some distance in making the world a better place in the little way God has led them

Tithing or not, all of God's instructions always require human cooperation, so if you don't wanna pay tithe, its up to you and the Lord,

abeg, tread softly softly o, !
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 10:54am On Jun 12, 2010
Oladegbu:

I humor you by responding to you. You ARE a liar else show where I said Jesus used "foul" language.

A liar steals. A thief kills. A killer is not headed for Joy. The Pharisees believed (just like you, their son) that they were defending God from Jesus.

Liar, show where I said Jesus told a lie or used foul language. Reprobate mind!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by chealbaby: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
is a good thing to pay ur tithe but wen is enforced on people is very baddddddddd wink wink wink wink
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by garyarnold(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
chealbaby - and just how to you pay your tithe? Do you follow God's definition for His tithe, or do you follow man's definition? Do you follow God's directions and take His tithe to the Levites, or do you follow man's directions and take it to your church?

In other words, chealbaby, are you follow God's Word OR are you follow the teachings of man?

IF you believe you are following God's Word, can you give me the scriptures you are using that would validate tithing on your income and taking it to the church? Remember, tithe means TEN PERCENT.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Gary:

Watch out for pro-tithing posts by posters with single or double digit posts to their credit. When they contain little more than just a yes yes, its to throw off the scent from the "known" identity of the posters. They are meant to portray varied and substantial support but usually mean the opposite - a clutching desperation based on dwindling revenue from fleecing the gullible
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
nearest:

Which one be your own in this matter? I said his church, meaning his in charge of the church not owning the church.
Don't you say my house when you are referring to the house you live in which you also pay rent to the landlord? my guy, if you feel paying tithe is wrong then confront your pastor about it, if you don't like his answer then QUIT HIS CHURCH

It is amusing to see you make this many flips on the same subject, I don't pay rent and wouldn't know what to call it but I have lived in an apartment before and was called an apartment because you don't own it, if you owned it, it would be called a CONDO in my neck of the woods.

I don't know about you but the first time I stepped into a "pentecostal Church was almost 30 years ago, respect what I have to say on the subject because I have seen and heard from different places of worship.

I did not get saved in a Church and my Salvation does not rest on a Church, I go there purely for FELLOWSHIP and of course one has to be WISE these days to FILTER out those items that don't conform with Christ's teachings as the Berean Christians of old were famous for doing.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nearest(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2010
ogajim:

It is amusing to see you make this many flips on the same subject, I don't pay rent and wouldn't know what to call it but I have lived in an apartment before and was called an apartment because you don't own it, if you owned it, it would be called a CONDO in my neck of the woods.

I don't know about you but the first time I stepped into a "pentecostal Church was almost 30 years ago, respect what I have to say on the subject because I have seen and heard from different places of worship.

I did not get saved in a Church and my Salvation does not rest on a Church, I go there purely for FELLOWSHIP and of course one has to be WISE these days to FILTER out those items that don't conform with Christ's teachings as the Berean Christians of old were famous for doing.
Good for you. Personally i don't have a problem with tithe the way its done in The Anglican Church, [the offerings from members is not controlled by the priest as its in pentecostal churches] thats why i said if you don't like the way your pastor preaches about tithe and you feel you have a better doctrine to back up your view, then quit going to his church. 
It's like this tithe thing is more prominent (if you don't pay God will curse you or you're caused if you don't pay) in pentecostal churches.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sorry to butt in, NEAREST, but you did not read what he wrote. He FIRST entered a pentecostal church 30 years ago, NOT THAT he entered last 30 years ago.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nearest(m): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

Sorry to butt in, NEAREST, but you did not read what he wrote. He FIRST entered a pentecostal church 30 years ago, NOT THAT he entered last 30 years ago.
Sorry, no mind me, my eyes dey on tv!  Post has been modified.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Folusade(f): 12:51am On Jun 13, 2010
Dear Mr Poster,
Your tithe is one-tenth of your increase, that is, ten percent of your income or increase. Your tithe is a supernatural insurance to prevent loss and to have unending properity. Mal 3:10.
You are not giving your tithe to the Pastor, you are giving it to God.
If you have challenges with the new directive, ask question- ok, you said you have asked and he says its a directive from GO, isnt that enough to convince you.
Will your GO lie or be fraudulent or something.
You must repent!
You know, if you are a tither, you wont have a challenge with this new directive. You will be happy to go forward and receive a blessing!
If you dont believe in what they do, then you should not attend that church.
For your information, every church or every bible believing church gives brethren the opportunity to give their tithe to God, and they all have different ways of collection!

So if you leave RCCG, you will meet the same thing in other churches.
Mind you, if you read your bible well, you will know that there is something spiritual about taking your offering/tithe forward/to the altar.

Also I find your foot note amusing- In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty. Serve God only

The new directive is to ensure you have an ocean to swim in (abundance of water), its up to you to be a fool or be a wise man.
Ciao!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by garyarnold(m): 2:26am On Jun 13, 2010
Folusade said, "For your information, every church or every bible believing church gives brethren the opportunity to give their tithe to God, and they all have different ways of collection!"

Not so.  First, not all denominations teach that tithing is proper in the Christian Church.  Second, not all churches of the same denomination, such as Baptist Churches, teach tithing - it is up to each pastor.

Tithing opponents throughout the years as compiled by Dr. David Croteau, Liberty University, You Mean I Don’t Have to Tithe?, p271-292:

Clement of Rome 100
Didache 100
Justin Martyr 165
Tertullian 230
Origen 255
Cyprian 258
Waldenses 1150+-
Thomas Aquinas 1275
John Wycliff 1384
John Huss 1415
German Peasants 1520
Anabaptists 1525
Erasmus 1536
Otto Brumfels 1534
Martin Luther 1546
Philip Melanchthon 1560
Separatists Amsterdam 1603
John Smythe 1609 Baptist
John Robinson 1610
English Parliament 1650+-
Puritans & Plgrims Mass 1650+-
John Cotton 1652 Puritan
Roger Williams 1636 Baptist
Little Parliament 1653
Oliver Cromwell 1658
John Milton 1658 Puritan
Particular Baptists 1660
John Owen 1680 Baptist
Francis Turretin 1687
John Bunyan 1688 Baptist
Quakers 1768
John Gill 1771 Baptist
John Wesley 1791
BAPTISTS IN AMERICA 1800s
Adam Clarke 1832 Baptist
Charles Buck 1833
J C Philpot 1835 Baptist
Charles H Spurgeon 1832 Baptist
Parsons Cooke 1850
Samuel Harris 1850
Edward A Lawrence 1850
John Peter Lange 1876
Henry William Clark 1891 Engllish
S H Kellogg 1891
G Campbell Morgan 1898 Congregational
Albert Vail 1913 Baptist
Frank Fox 1913
David MaConaughy 1918 Episcopal
William Pettingill 1932
John Harvey Grime 1934 Baptist
John T Mueller 1934 Lutheran
H E Dana 1937 Bapt Historian
R C H LENSKI 1946 Lutheran
Lewis Sperry Chafer 1948 DTS Foundeer
W E Vine 1949
James F Rand 1953
Francis Pieper 1953 Lutheran
Ray Stedman 1951
L L McR 1955 Catholic
Paul Leonard Stagg 1958 Baptist
Hiley H Ward 1958 Baptist
Roy T Cowles 1958
Elizabeth P Tilton 1958
R C Rein 1958 Lutheran
Robert A Baker 1959 Bapt Historian
Wick Bromall 1960
John Byron Evans 1960
Norman Tenpas 1967
James Edward Anderson 1967
Alfred Martin 1968
CHARLES C RYRIE 1969 DTS
Jerry Horner 1972 S Baptist
Pieter Verhoef 1974
Dennis Wretlind 1975
Jack J Peterson 1978 Pres
Donald Kraybill 1978
Jon Zens 1979 Baptist
Richard Cunningham 1979 S Bapt
Gary Frieson 1980
JOHN MACARTHUR 1982-2000
Paul Fink 1982
George Monroe Castillo 1982
Tony Badillo 1984
James M Boice 1986
Michael E Oliver 1986 Rest
W Clyde Tilley 1987
Scott Collier 1987
Ronald M Campbell 1987
R E O White 1988
William McDonald 1989
Charles Swindoll 1990 Dallas Seminary
Rhodes Thompson 1990
J VERNON MCGEE 1999
Jerome Smith 1992
CRAIG BLOMBERG 1993 Denver Seminary
J Duncan M Derrett 1993
Walter Kaiser Jr 1994 Gordon-Cromwell
Moises Silva 1994
Benny D Prince 1995
Brian K Morley 1996
Linda L Belleville 1996
Ron Rhodes 1997
Ernest L Martin 1997
Michael Webb 1998
R Johnston 1999
Mark Snoeberger 2000 Baptist
Stuart Murray 2000 Eng
George W Greene 2000
Old Line Primitive Baptists 2000
Jaime Cardinal Sin 2000 Cath Archbishop
RUSSELL EARL KELLY 2001 Baptist
Jonathan Kitchcart 2001
Frank Viola 2002
George Barna 2002
Michael Morrison 2002
Elliott Miller 2003
Matthew Narramore 2004
David Alan Black 2004 Baptist SEBTS
Andreas Kostenberger 2007 Baptist SEBTS
Danny Akin 2007 Baptist SEBTS
Mark Driscoll 2008
Roman Catholic Church
Jehovah’s Witnesses
New Worldwide Church of God
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by yommyuk: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2010
1 Corin 4:5
So don't make judgements about anyone ahead of time - before the lord returns. For He will bring our darkest secret to light and will reveal our private motives.

It is not for us to judge. Paying tithes is personal. I am sure not all people who pay tithes abide by the 10% rule. Remember the Widow's mint?
Also the rich man Jesus told to sell all his possession to give to the poor? Nobody pays tithes like the Jews but still most of them don't believe in Jesus. Now what can we say about that.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by MadMax1(f): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2010
If you see evil being done, you say or do something. Christ is our example, and you see he condoned nothing bad or hypocritical or fraudulent that he saw. When he said don't judge, he meant don't judge others for the same human weaknesses you yourself have: before removing the speck in their eyes, remove the log in yours. He did NOT say condone lies, fraud, deception or any kind of evil. It is even more imperative to talk when these things are done in his name.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

Oladegbu:

I humor you by responding to you. You ARE a liar else show where I said Jesus used "foul" language.

A liar steals. A thief kills. A killer is not headed for Joy. The Pharisees believed (just like you, their son) that they were defending God from Jesus.

Liar, show where I said Jesus told a lie or used foul language. Reprobate mind!

Was it not you that said that you follow the style of Jesus in your quote below?

nuclearboy:

grin grin grin I follow the style of Jesus and call hypocrites hypocrites but resort to love when discussing with innocent people. Chaps here are mainly reasonable people though gullible. Did you ever notice how Jesus related with such? He loved them, fed them, taught them, healed them etc. They, He called His people.

How do you compare "the style of Jesus" and your expletives below?

nuclearboy:

angry Jesoul will have to forgive me here!

@Joagbaje:

Watch your mouth. Blaspheme? Because I speak about one swing-hipped fake-phonetics spouting likely homosexual mofo, you say I'm blashpheming? You don craze before abi you chop rabbit food with fried eggs?

WTF do you think your oyaks is? Greater than Peter when Paul rebuked him? Or that he is our high priest when the Bible says there is only one high priest in the entire priesthood of believers and that Jesus Christ? Where's the seniority in that aside your asinine grovelling for Naira's sake.

Men of God? And what am I, Aletheia, Enigma, you, Africankel etc? Men of bottles? Or men of plastic? Well, maybe you are a man of satan anyway. idol worshipper worshipping fake jeri-curls. Ode agbalagba!

Someone please warn this $%^@###.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-340740.96.html

Anyone interested in seeing who the liar is can read more of your ad hominems and ridicule in the link above and see what kind of fruit you are manifesting.

These are Jesus' timeless words that will not pass away

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  You shall know them by their fruits.  Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?  Even so every good tree bringing forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.  Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.  Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them.  Not every one that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?  And then I will profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

If you are wise you will take heed to the warnings of Jesus Christ instead of arguing and make amends and enter the strait gate and narrow way that leads to eternal life which only a few people find, that is if your ego will allow you to smell the coffee.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2010
@yommyyuk
Bibical tithe was not paid it was given as the tithes ordained in the bible was not money but food produce, that aside tithes was directed to jews and not christians so whilst jews might feel obligde to tithe, christians have no business practising this jewish rite.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by MadMax1(f): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2010
Oladeegbu, you read another Christian's post and deduced he was 'wicked' and God would not 'accept his sacrifice'? Never mind his language and,er, over-zealousness, how do you know someone is 'unregenerated'? What is 'regenerated'? Tell us quickly so we can all go and buy our own from where you shopped for yours.

And who are you to have an opinion about it one way or the other, when you're not God or his Deputy, and can't see into the self-deception in your own heart, much less see into other people's souls? So you have your own ideas of what a 'regenerated' person must be like, and to which all must conform? Lol. It is you smug, self-righteous, brain-washed, holier-than-thou, legalistic dolts with your plastic religiosity and 'holy' posturings that give Christianity a bad name.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2010
I thank God for brainwashing me with His blood, you too can benefit from this blessing and be cleansed by the blood of the Lamb of all the junk that the devil has stored inside your mind and mouth.  Without the blood of Jesus I am a filthy menstrual pad.  Believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord today and He will cleanse you of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit.

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by MadMax1(f): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2010
Kiss my as.ss, Oladeegbu. Oops. I said 'as.ss'. That's it. You have no choice but to consign me to hell now.
God didn't brainwash you. Better look elsewhere for the source of that problem.
Menstrual pad? You had to go there. grin
Stay happy.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2010
Like filthy menstrual pads is what we are in the sight of God without the blood of Jesus Christ.  You've got the picture of what we are to God when we go on about our own righteousness it is only Jesus Christ's precious blood that can clean us from this horrible mess that we are in and then justify us as though we never sinned.

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by MadMax1(f): 10:33am On Jun 13, 2010
Awwww. Look at him 'preaching'. How quaint and adorable.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2010
osifred:

@tudor my sweet friend that i dont even know. please do me a favour by watching what you speak especially as it concern men of GOd.

Those are not men of god, rather they are thieving dogs.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KA24DETT(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
If the Pastors spend half the time they spend preaching about tithes and offerings to the congregagtion on the sins of lying and stealing, nigeria would be a better place. How can a local government chairman or a senator or a governor expect to receive blessings when he channels all the state allocation to his private account. All the prophet in the bible were never loved by the rulers of the day, some were jailed, some were also killed for saying the truth and warning the leaders about the consequences of their action. I have never seen or heard Adeboye telling all the senators or local governement chairman that come to his church that they will die from all the evils they do with the state allocation. If he wants to do the right thing, he should go as far as telling all his pastors that they shouldnt receive any tithes from any political appointee because that money should be used to develop the city or country. Nope, he wont say that cus thats bad for business.
Its about time all these pastors get off the " pay ur tithe or u will die" bandwagon cus honestly, God does not give a shit if u pay tithe or not. The pastors should be telling all our politician about the consequences of their action and how they will burn and rot in hell for their actions on our community and our country cus i know all these politicians do go to church.
The instruction of people coming in the front of the church so that everybody would know u pay ur tithe is wrong but a very good psychological and business decision. It makes the giver feel good and special and makes the individual not giving feel like he does not belong. I dont know why u would want anyone to know u are paying tithes, its between u and God. Why the show., its all business . The US played the same "fear" game during the soviet war, do u notice that all the holllywood movies allways show the US victorious against Russia, its all a propaganda,. it makes the viewer and the rest of the world belieive that the US is better even though they are.
Its about time we develop maturely as an individual and realize that God only cares about our heart and not our offerings. Its not about the money, u give and u dont, its all up to u but never ever believe that u get special blessing bcus u give. U get blessing from ur actions during the week and after the church and the positive impact u create on peoples life, thats what GOD looks at.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Mad_Max:

Seems you're planning to learn the definition of self-righteousness first-hand. Arguing with "Dim-Degbu" is like trying to open a bank vault by beating one's head against the door. He highlights "watch your mouth" as an expletive! He even says typing the word "blaspheme" is an expletive. When I say "Where's the seniority in that aside your asinine grovelling for Naira's sake", he says that is an expletive. But He refuses to see Joagbaje calling himself and Chris Oyakilome "Christ" as an insult to God.

So they insult God and its fine but when I take them to task, I'm "expletive and he needs to support God them grin It tells you what he serves!

Those beautiful "good trees" that exalts themselves to be god and makes God to be their contemporary when they say "God uses faith and so all they need is the same faith". Their fruit are the fraudsters and the love-peddlers we see with the Kabbashers and the ROR reading jeri-curlers who support man against God's Word. But Man-Degbu wants the support of man (maybe they'll give him a portion of tithes) so he supports them.

So easily - show me once when I said Jesus lied or used foul language. Or you're the liar!

The "style" of Jesus is quite simple and obvious when you read the Bible not ROR etc. Everytime He spoke to the laity, He spoke with love, quietly, teaching, relaxed. HOWEVER, when it came to the so-called "teachers", He reserved harsh words for them and usually spoke impatiently knowing their motive was self-gain". That is what I wrote and that is what I mean. Where I said He lied or used expletives, PLEASE SHOW! But you won't cos you can't cos I NEVER DID! Which makes you a liar, thief and a pretender!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by gnmission: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2010
[color=#990000][/color] Sometimes, we should be careful the way we respond to issue. This one is a spiritual matter. Thus they are collecting it the way they are led. Worry about yourself. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally / Oyedepo Releases Prophetic Declarations For 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.