Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26380 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
slap1:

My heart beats faster and goose bumps takes over my body as I read some replies on this topic. Is it not better for the uninformed to keep quiet than to bring down curse upon themselves?

You still believe you can be "cursed" after Christ gave his life for our sakes? Our God is ever faithful, get out of the bondage of fear they put on you to control you. All glory should go to God and not some Pastor or "MOG"
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin
Read from another version of the bible apart from KJV. That aside you failed to comment on the biblical definition and execution of tithing stated clearly in deut 14:22-29 as opposed to the fraudulent version being preached in churches today.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
ogajim. . . . . . . . . .stop fooling urself abeg!

annul and dis-annul are two different words

annul means to cancel, disannul is the opposite of it!
wut are u on?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by candylips(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Nice business strategy by RCCG
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by K2: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

all these is just useless rhetoric used to blackmail sincere christians. . . . Oh, if you cant give 10% percent all the time then you cant possibly love god. This IS A LIE.

A man gives offerings every sunday, pays first fruit, give prophet seed, pays building offering, donates for pastors welfare, gives to the poor, helps widows and orphans BUT as long he doesnt give 10% of his dough to pastor all these are in vain , as he doesnt 'love'' God and is therefore ''cursed''. . . . You are all THIEVes.

The instruction is GIVE and it shall be given unto you NOT ''give 10% and it shall be given unto you''. Where is it written that god blesses you based on the 10% that you give?

You are supposed to give based on the promptings of the holy spirit or out of the abundance of your heart, be it 10, 5, 50, or 133%.

To teach that there is a CUMPULSORY levy by god of 10% is unbiblical and criminal.
Read over what I wrote again very well, comprehend, and then you may respond. Secondly, I would probably not discuss much with you because what you have cited exhibits the deficiency common in someone who has only skimmed and not studied their Bible: Mixing, mashing and lumping scriptures together with absolute disregard for context. Let me ask you, have you studied the entire Bible? Do you know how tithes came about? Do you know the different offerings and tithes established by God in the Old Testament? Have you read that Abraham gave tithes? The first step to this is not declaring that tithe is criminal based on the half knowledge you have displayed on the issue which is deadlier than ignorance. I would suggest you actually prayerfully study (not read) your Bible right from Genesis to Revelation. A study Bible or bible with concordance will be of a great help in doing this.  If you do this, not only will you understand God more, your life will change, you’d also begin to get a grasp of other Christian doctrines and not only tithes and be able to “rightly divide the word of truth”.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by freshera: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tithe paying is very good but if you are not convinced don't pay it. God does not force. Pray about it and let God lead you little by little either through His Word or by giving you signs/rewards of tithing. If you are not convinced yet, whether you pay or not, God will provide for His own true pastors. He never fails wink wink wink

But paying tithe alone DOES NOT GUARANTEE prosperity or anything. You have to balance it with hardwork, prayer, thanksgiving, studying the Bible, holiness, honesty, smartness, good decision making, LOVE, etc that is if you are a christian wink wink wink If you are not, the principles of making money are universal and they work if you engage them whether you know God or not.

Bill Gates and Oprah (among endless other examples) are not tithe payers yet they are rich and the money has lasted. They are even giving the money to charity, sponsoring children's education and re-writing people's destinies for good all over the world.

Definitely one needs God but there are some things in life that do not concern God. God has handed over to you. At least radio, light bulb, TV, telephone, computer, aeroplane[color=#550000][/color], etc were invented by people most of who did not know God. But everybody uses them whether you are a xtian or not.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by K2: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
ogajim:

I don't want to call these folks out as "baby Christians" because Christianity is not about age or status (though in Nigeria, they seem to have carried "Alaye father" into Chritianity as well)

Anyone that preaches tithes is the one robbing you, you can pay if you want but know that God doesn't need your money. If your "Church" is too big to be maintained by regular OFFERINGS, you need to downsize because MANY ARE CALLED, FEW ARE CHOSEN.Many are called few chosen should lead to downsizing a church?

The Earth is God's FOOTSTOOL, if you don't eat crumbs, why must you infer that God in all his glory requires a tenth of your income? While we are on the subject, please show us where TENT makers, Carpenters, Fishermen, etc paid a tenth in the Bible. Why did he required this and much more in the Old Testament? You also conveniently left out how the early believers sold all their possessions and had a common purse. "bringing it to the apostles"

No one should question how you disburse your resources but don't try to teach us nonsense by saying God requires it, God does not live in Temples/Tabernacles built with human hands. He DWELLS/LIVES in the Christian who is the Temple of God. why did he require the children of  Israel to build a tabernacle in the wilderness? Why did Solomon build a temple?

I wonder if any of you have Children and if so do you ask for a tenth of the allowance you give them weekly? They should pay to show TRUST in you now, tell them that and see if they don't call grandma or grandpa to let them know of daddy's "illness" cheesy[Color=red] what about God's test of Abraham's faith?[/color]

If you have to announce your Christianity, you have loads of work to do, be like Barean Christians and "test every spirit" and verify what they teach instead of follow follow like a herd. Have you read “go ye into the world and preach the gospel to every creature or “let your light so shine before men that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in heaven?
Read my response to Tudor. This looks like you’re just copying and pasting from a website. Do you know the context where some of those statements you cited were made in the New Testament at all? Have you read and understood the Old Testament at all?
YoYou also didn’t answer my question of why attend a church if you don’t believe in their doctrines. Also, are you a committed member of the church or a worker? Beyond that, and most importantly are you born again?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosinaded@:

ogajim. . . . . . . . . .stop fooling urself abeg!

annul and dis-annul are two different words

annul means to cancel, disannul is the opposite of it!
wut are u on?

Tosinaded, when I went to high school in Nigeria, English comprehension was REQUIRED to pass the WAEC/WASC, I can't speak for these day over there.

1)dis·an·nul (ds-nl)
tr.v. dis·an·nulled, dis·an·null·ing, dis·an·nuls
To annul or cancel.
disan·nulment n.

2)
Main Entry: dis·an·nul
Pronunciation: \ˌdis-ə-ˈnəl\
Function: transitive verb
Date: 15th century

: annul, cancel

Get it now?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by vanitty: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
I wonder why some unbelievers  bring it upon themselves to educate Christians on what is or what isn't  in the[b] Bible.[/b]  Thanks to the great king Google!!

@ poster, it has always been like that in my church. You go to the front with your tithe, you kneel, you pray . , . . I see absolutely nothing wrong with it but then again I am not nit-picking undecided
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin
I am still waiting for your response to deut 14:22-29.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ogajim

got ya. . . . just googled it!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
kunle wut do u understand by that passage?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin
That passage explains the purpose, defition and execution of tithes as ordained by God in the bible. This is totally different from the fraudulent definition and practise of tithes preached in tithing churches today. That aside the Malachi 3:10 post pastors love to quote and twist to justify scamming people of 10% of there income is also based on this passage.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2010
K2:

Read over what I wrote again very well, comprehend, and then you may respond. Secondly, I would probably not discuss much with you because what you have cited exhibits the deficiency common in someone who has only skimmed and not studied their Bible: Mixing, mashing and lumping scriptures together with absolute disregard for context. Let me ask you, have you studied the entire Bible? I would suggest you actually prayerfully study (not read) your Bible right from Genesis to Revelation. A study Bible or bible with concordance will be of a great help in doing this.  If you do this, not only will you understand God more, your life will change, you’d also begin to get a grasp of other Christian doctrines and not only tithes and be able to “rightly divide the word of truth”.
My friend stop being ambiguous. . . . Why dont you ''educate'' us and we'll see if you've indeed read the bible or not.

you lot prefer to twist and manipulate the scriptures to suite your greed. the issue of tithes have been discussed extensively in this section. so every regular here has heard it all before. if you've got a new version lets hear it.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by uoe80(f): 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

read your own copy of the bible and find out the following

A tenth OF WHAT EXACTLY?

A tenth TO WHOM?

A tenth FOR WHY?

A tenth FOR TO BE USED FOR WHAT?
Tudor dearie,my heart bleeds when i read your comments on this thread, when u try to rationalise the things of God you get trapped by the lies of the devil. Giving tithe is a command and not an option,it is for God and thats all that matters, there is no need to quote long scriptures for you cos it is the holy spirit that reveals the truth and until you get that conviction in your spirit you will not understand this issue.The pastor is doing what he has been instructed to do from the G.O. who is working according to heavenly instructions. Point number 2, pastors are held accountable to God for the sins their congregation commit especially if it is what he can ensure they dont commit such as robbing God of tithe.Christainity is all about faith and what is faith?,it is abandonment of human understanding and following God and his words BLINDLY.please i have to beg and plead for your sake, whatever you do, please dont say anything wrong about anointed men of God such as the G.O and Oyedepo. i pray God will grant you wisdom and understaning to discern in jesus name.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
kunle i go read am well if i reach house. . . but please what do u mean fradulent preaching of tithes preached 2day?
according to u, tithe is a scam se?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudor wetin be ur religion? wetin u dey worship. . . .
Do u bilieve in God?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin/etc (Tosin especially since your posts show sincerity and not a desire for a fight):

Kunle and Ogajim ARE Christians. They only do not just follow without being certain. Tudor is a good chap who has been disappointed too often. He's vexing!  grin

Study of the Bible shows that tithes were meant for the poor, widow, stranger AND levite (because they did no work). In effect, levites got a "portion" of the tithe ONLY because they had no other income. Let me state quickly here that Jesus is the ULTIMATE LEVITE! But he worked and we know He was a carpenter! The Apostle Peter was a fisherman. The Apostle Paul made tents for a living and even used it to boast that he never made his welfare a problem for ANYONE but paid his own way through his own work. If these three worked as the Bible says, please justify why your pastor does not and has to get your tithe!

Secondly, even the "portion" of the tithe that got to the levites was not a weekly/monthly thing. Tithes came the 3rd year. Who were these levites by the way? They were the musicians, singers, cleaners etc of the Temple, not the priests. Do you give "portions" (say 1/4 each) to poor, widows, strangers and the last 1/4 to levites today? And of that last 1/4, how much do you give to your choristers and those who sweep your church etc? Because that is what the Bible says!

Finally AND MOST IMPORTANT, who was God talking to in Malachi? Please do not be blindfolded by any MOGs "stories". They that you call your PRIESTS are the ones God was talking to - Go back and start from Mal 1:6 and you will see God repeatedly says "you, O priests". It is them that God said "showed contempt for Him" Mal 1:6. It is them who place defiled food on His altar (1:7), who bring injured or diseased animals (1:13), who God says He will curse because they have not set their hearts to honor Him (2:1,2), whose lips SHOULD preserve knowledge but who have turned from the way and whose teaching causes many to stumble (2: 8 ). God says "they" flood His altar with tears (2:13). Please TELL ME who could get to God' altar in the OT apart from the Priests? And so it is them He says have wearied Him with their words (2:17). It is LEVITES He will purify and refine (3:3) so that HE will have men who will bring offerings in Righteousness (since it was them who brought sacrifices).

So when God says, "Yet you rob me", why does your MOG suddenly say "yes O, He has been talking ONLY to priests but NOW, it is no longer priests but the rest of Israel i.e. you, that are the thieves"? To counter truth, they say "but God said "the whole Nation of you". True but today, most of my readers are of the Nation of believers, not so? Are you all Ibo or Yoruba or Hausa or even Nigerian? In the same manner, there was a Nation of Levites. It was them God spoke to.

PROOF?
A very great test for anyone who wants to know the truth is to ask himself "Who amongst Israel used to (or could) bring food into the Storehouse"? then search the Old Testament for the answer to that question. Could a member of the tribe of Dan bring food into the storehouse? So how come it was him (from that tribe or another aside levites) that God suddenly changed direction and started talking to (when money became concerned) stopping to talk to the levites/priests He had been angry at all along? Then you will know why men like Kunleoshob and Ogajim say what they say - they studied!

My position is this - if you wish to give a ministry 90% of your income, please go ahead. BUT if you do it because you feel you are otherwise robbing God, you have made a gaffe and are wrong. Every single time we see giving in the New Testament, it is a freewill based offering, never legalistic and never under the hammer of fear. Give freely, willingly and out of a sincere heart, not because of the hammer of condemnation
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by durojim: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
The issue of tithe started with Abram. Before his name was changed to Abraham. Genesis 14:18-20: “And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all”. Why did Abram gave God the tithe? Because he knew he did conquer the five kings by his own power or might. Abram took 318 men to war against 5 kings and he conquered and recovered all. To understand more, read the Genesis 14. Genesis 14: 14-16: “And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan. And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus. And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people”. The same passage is echoed in Hebrew 7 (you can read it individually). Hebrew 7:5: “And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:” and also Hebrew 7:9: “And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.”. So why should we Christians pay tithe? After all we call ourselves heirs of Abraham and we sing Abraham blessings are mine I am blessed in the morning I am blessed in the evening Abraham blessings are mine. We are either Abraham’s heir or not Abraham’s heir. Hebrew 7:1-2: “ 1For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;”. One question who is King of righteousness and King of peace. Isn’t He JESUS CHRIST. Remember it is God that gives you the power to make wealth. Deuteronomy 8:17-18: “7And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day”.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
uoe80:

Tudor dearie,my heart bleeds when i read your comments on this thread, when u try to rationalise the things of God you get trapped by the lies of the devil. Giving tithe is a command and not an option,it is for God and thats all that matters, there is no need to quote long scriptures for you cos it is the holy spirit that reveals the truth and until you get that conviction in your spirit you will not understand this issue.The pastor is doing what he has been instructed to do from the G.O. who is working according to heavenly instructions. Point number 2, pastors are held accountable to God for the sins their congregation commit especially if it is what he can ensure they dont commit such as robbing God of tithe.Christainity is all about faith and what is faith?,it is abandonment of human understanding and following God and his words BLINDLY.please i have to beg and plead for your sake, whatever you do, please dont say anything wrong about anointed men of God such as the G.O and Oyedepo. i pray God will grant you wisdom and understaning to discern in jesus name.
seriously i dont know where to start. . . . .kindly read nuclearboy's post
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ukpeters: 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
I would like you guys to note 2 important words in these smts u all have kept repeating i.e pa[/b]y your tithe and [b]give your offering. That shows you that paying tithe is an injunction from God to the church (read Mal 3). it is not free-will. As long as you have an income, you are to bring a 10th of that income to the store house of God (not the pastor) so that there might be meat in the house (daily running of the church). It is a means of u identifying urself as a citizen of the kingdom of heaven much the same way as paying your tax identifies you with the government of the land. Taxes are supposed to be used by the govt of the day to maintain your community same way your tithe is used to maintain ur local assembly, organize programs, etc. God in turn promises to rebuke the devourer for your sake and open the window of heaven and pour out a blessing which you cannot contain. If you pay tithes, you can testify to Gods faithfulness in this regard.

Now Abraham, was the first person, inspired by God to give a tenth of his spoils to Melchizedek (king of Salem) who appeared to him after God had given him a mighty victory over his enemies. Melchizedek typifies Jesus Christ.

On the other hand, your offering is voluntary, you can decide what amount to give. God says not to give sparingly or as being forced for God loves a cheerful giver. Thats for the offering.

Now, administrative styles are different in many congregations. In RCCG, the GO decided that you come out to drop your tithes for 2 reasons, first, you will be prayed for and secondly, to help those ministers or workers who may still be struggling with the issue of tithe to imbibe this as a way of life. Note that the vision of RCCG is to make heaven and to take as many people as possible with us.

Many pple feel very comfortable to make pungent comments esp against men of God, may i counsel that you are better of speaking politely esp in cases where you do not have all the facts to avoid bringing trouble to urself because of the misguided use of ur tongue.

God bless us all
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin
Biblical tithe ordained by God was not money neither was it the exclusive preserve of the levites contrary to what pastors preach today. It is mordern day preachers that twisted tithes to mean money instead of food produce God instructed. The bible describes priests who twist God's word for money as greedy and fraudulent (Jeremiah 8:8-10) also read 2 peter 2:1-3 you see that it is false a fraudulent preachers that twist God's word for money.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
Brothers if paying tithe is ur problem, then dont pay, its not by force, no gun will be put on ur head to pay, You will be called a fool if ur problem is to pay one-tenth of what God has given to u to even attract more , God and RCCG are richer than ur pennies, You must really be very joblees to create this kind of topic
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tcrack(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
as the old FORMAT de work again, RCCG need find another Format na. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
There was one very funny format at a church in Sapele. i was there for a wedding and the pastor asked for everyone to reach in their pockets and bring out their tithes and wave it to God for him to bless. my comedian friend laughed and said. i only have naira coins and if i try to wave them it could hurt somebody grin
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^ I wonder ooooo

If all these "NEW" 'recruits' ( I ain't sure they're new) read past threads on TITHES here on NL, they'll know that the issue has been debated plenty of times only for the proponents to zoom off to other threads and continue the same disinformation.

The thread was more or less a question of if we must give in the new manner RCCG is using these days and not meant to degenerate into tithes in itself. Judgment is not for man, I am in no POSITION to judge but I am entitled to ask questions where I am unclear or if previous explanations didn't get the job done. A Christian is REQUIRED to continuously SEEK the TRUTH and nothing more.

The Bible used "WALK" & "FLEE" to describe the ways of Christian expectations and also told us that ", Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, "

Now consider what Jesus Christ had to say about PRAYING and GIVING:

Matthew 6

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

There was one very funny format at a church in Sapele. i was there for a wedding and the pastor asked for everyone to reach in their pockets and bring out their tithes and wave it to God for him to bless. my comedian friend laughed and said. i only have naira coins and if i try to wave them it could hurt somebody grin

They've turned God's own house into a money making operation with smooth doctrines and "laws" as if it is really about any Church rather than about HOLINESS without which no man shall see GOD.

Makes you wonder why Jesus chased the money changers out of the Temple!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by K2: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Nuclearboy was Melchizedek a levite as well? By the way Jesus is always likened to a Priest and not a levite.
He's not the Ultimate Levite but the Ultimate High Priest. Why do you also fail to mention where the early christians would sell their lands and other possessions and bring the entire proceeds to the apostles for use? Wasn't that why Ananias and Saphirra were killed for holding back part of what they was supposed to bring? Also, read duroJim's response especially the Hebrews analysis.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
kayci_d77:

Brothers if paying tithe is your problem, then dont pay, its not by force, no gun will be put on your head to pay, You will be called a fool if your problem is to pay one-tenth of what God has given to u to even attract  more ,  God and RCCG are richer than your pennies,  You must really be very joblees to create this kind of topic

If you could spell, you'll probably land a job soon, They maybe richer than my "pennies" though that would be Cents in this case, as for joblessness, Thank God I am taken care of, I am BLESSED 24/7 365/356.

I could "accuse" you of plenty of stuff based on these few lines but what purpose would that serve? God is good all the time and has never left me stranded. Anger management might be a suggestion of mine but you are under no obligation to take my word for it grin

If you put a gun to someone's head in these parts and not in law enforcement, you might just have a new cell mate or dead if the person is also packing heat.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nearest(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Bros which church for sapele? Is it All faith, victory family assembly, or winners?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by rman: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ All

Please strip yourself off your religion first then read the Bible and apply a little bit of understanding and you will understand Ogajim and Tudor.

I know a lot off people will say religion guides them always; but all I am asking is be a person first.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by garyarnold(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
Looks like this blog has a bunch of comments from church goers instead of those who really study the Bible.

The first time tithe is mentioned in the Bible is Abraham's tithe of pagan spoils of war, and Abraham kept NOTHING for himself. This was NOT an act of worship. The goods that Abraham gave the tenth from didn’t even belong to Abraham:

Genesis 14:21 (NIV) - The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

Notice in verse 21 the king of Sodom didn’t ask Abraham if he would give back to him the people, but rather said GIVE ME the people and keep the goods for yourself. The way that is worded indicates that the king of Sodom was claiming that the people and the goods belonged to him and those he represented.

Genesis 14:22-24 (NIV) - 22But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, and have taken an oath 23that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the thong of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshcol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

Notice in verses 23 and 24 Abraham also acknowledges that the goods belonged to the king of Sodom and those he represented.

Therefore, it is clear that both the king of Sodom and Abraham acknowledged that the spoils of war did NOT belong to Abraham, yet he gave a tenth of the spoils to King Melchizedek. This would seem that Abraham did something wrong, if not even illegal, but Biblical historians agree that it was custom in Abraham's day to give the king a tenth of the war spoils. Had Abraham not given the tenth, he would have gone against custom.

Conclusion: Abraham did NOT give a tenth of his income, or his wealth. Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils of war that didn’t belong to him. That is NOT an example for Christians to follow today.

The next mention of a tithe is Jacob's VOW to tithe. Jacob set the conditions, not God. Nowhere in The Word does it tell us that Jacob actually tithed. Genesis 28:10-22

Next is The Lord's Tithe. God gave His definition as a tenth of crops and animals which came from God's hand, not man's income. God NEVER commanded anyone to tithe on anything that man made or earned. Leviticus 27:30-33.

The ordinances (instructions, or laws) for The Lord's Tithe are in Numbers 18. God gave strict orders to take His tithe to the Levites. God NEVER changed that command. Anyone who takes God's tithe to anyone other than the Levites is being disobedient to God's Word.

There are others tithes in the Bible such as the Festival Tithe and the Tithe for the Poor. It is The Lord's Tithe that churches pattern their teaching after.

Church leaders ignore God's definition of His tithe, and ignore God's ordinances for His tithe. They change the words to fit their pocket book. This is nothing but manipulation of God's Word. They are false teachers.

The Bible CLEARLY SHOWS that the tithe ENDED at the cross in the Book of Hebrews. In the first nine verses of Hebrews 7 the words tenth or tithes appears SEVEN TIMES. The ONLY place in the Bible, after Calvary, that tithing appears is in Hebrews 7.

In Hebrews 7:5 we are told that Levi (the Levites) took the tithes under the law. In Hebrews 7:12 we are told that when the priesthood changes, the law will change. Hebrews 7:18 is telling us that Numbers 18 was disannulled. Numbers 18 established the Levitical priesthood, and part of that establishing included tithing. When the Levitical priesthood ended (at Calvary, or at least in the year 70AD when the temple was destroyed), all laws that established that priesthood were canceled. If Numbers 18 wasn't canceled, we would still be under the Levitical priesthood.

Those who argue they didn't have money or income then really need to study the scriptures. They had money and wages, even in Genesis. The farmers had income from barter exchanges, and they had markets to buy and sell as proven in Deuteronomy 14:24-26.

Those who argue Malachi 3:8, robbing God, need to start with verse 7. God is talking about His ordinances in Numbers 18 which we learned were disannulled according to Hebrews 7:18. Also, if you start with Malachi 1, you will see that God is speaking to the priests, not the people. The priests robbed God of the tithe (Nehemiah 13) and the priests robbed God of the offerings (Malachi 1).

If your pastor teaches you should be tithing today, LEAVE THAT CHURCH and find one that teaches truth instead of a man-made gospel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video) / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.