Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' (15465 Views)

This is What causes homophobia / Gay Nigerian Man Shares ‘How It Started Vs How It Is Going’ With His Boyfriend / 24-Year-Old Man: "How My Beard Got Me Sugar Mummy In Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
The mod that pushed this trash to front page must have his or her brained checked. Gas cylinder fall on you dia

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by sexdoll: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
tufiakwa embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Tomahawk3310(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2018
Whats the difference between a Felix Kalu and a bucket of shit?
The Bucket

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Hakeem12(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Except this isn't a behavior. Its a sexuality. Can you command your sexual organs not to become aroused at the sight of a nak*d woman?
font=serif][i]Once more a question gets asked about human sexuality as if it's a simple yes or no, but that just isn't neat or tidy like that.

Let's flip it a bit.

Are people born straight? Are there male babies who were born finding redheads attractive, do some of them pop out of the womb liking anal sex?

We as baby animals just don't really have sexual attraction until we hit puberty. It's not until then we know whether a little human will be attracted to a person of the opposite sex, same sex, both or neither or other.

Most people who are straight probably presume they were made that way, were born that way - and conveniently, society rewards them for being a member of the sexual and gender majority.

Why would it be any different for someone who is gay or bi or trans? If you think about it, if being a member of a sexual minority is not rewarded and little children pretty much almost never see positive role models for same, how would anyone, ever, have made that decision? It just doesn't seem likely, does it? That a child, who has never seen or heard of "gay", who knows no one but their straight parents, suddenly hits puberty and think "Yes! I will risk society's scorn and derision and CHOOSE to be something I have never seen, heard, or know the name of!"

And yet, there were Radclyffe Hall and Oscar Wilde and so many others, long before Neil Patrick Harris, RuPaul and Ellen DeGeneres living that life.

It just seems so much more...obvious...to presume that human sexuality - about which we know so little - has natural diversity built in, just like every other aspect of humanity, from taste buds to skin shade.

We are "born" with whatever we have the potential to be, and then we develop into who we are.
1.8k Views ·
Q. Are people born gay?

-One can know whether homosexuality is genetic or not by studying the identical twins. If one of the identical twins is homosexual and the other is not, one can conclude it is not.

-One can also know whether homosexuality is innate or not by studying the identical twins. If one of the identical twins is homosexual since very young and the other is not, one can conclude it is innate but not genetic.

-Science cannot explain the nature of homosexuality yet. If homosexuality is due to genetic, science has already proved it. If homosexuality is due to environment, science has already proved it. If homosexuality is not due to genetic, not due to environment, and some or most of them are feel since young (born that way, innate), what is the explanation?

-According to philosophy of Theravada Buddhism, a person may be reborn as lower living things, higher living things or as human beings as long as he/she is not liberated from cycles of life. If a person was born as woman (for only one time or many times) in past and that person is delighted by being femaleness and delighted in bonding with opposite sex (man), and if that person becomes a man in present life, that person will want to become a woman and want to be in love with a man in present life.

-Similarly, if a person was born as a man (for only one time or many times) in past and that person is delighted by being maleness and delighted in bonding with opposite sex (woman), and if that person becomes a woman in present life, that person will want to become a man and want to be in love with a woman in present life.

-Is that kind of philosophy true? As long as Science cannot explain the nature of homosexuality, one should not discard every theory.

-

References

·

-Opposite sex attracts each other.

1.Monks, I do not know of any form that takes hold of a man’s mind like the form of a woman. A woman’s form, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other form.
2. “Monks, I do not know of any sound that takes hold of a man’s mind like the sound of a woman. A woman’s sound, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other sound.”
3. “Monks, I do not know of any scent that takes hold of a man’s mind like the scent of a woman. A woman’s scent, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other scent.”
4. “Monks, I do not know of any taste that takes hold of a man’s mind like the taste of a woman. A woman’s taste, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other taste.”
5. “Monks, I do not know of any touch that takes hold of a man’s mind like the touch of a woman. A woman’s touch, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other touch.”
6. “Monks, I do not know of any form that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the form of a man. A man’s form, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other form.”
7. “Monks, I do not know of any sound that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the sound of a man. A man’s sound, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other sound.”
8. “Monks, I do not know of any scent that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the scent of a man. A man’s scent, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other scent.”
9. “Monks, I do not know of any taste that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the taste of a man. A man’s taste, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other taste.” 10. “Monks, I do not know of any touch that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the touch of a man. A man’s touch, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other touch.”
From

-

-According to philosophy of Theravada Buddhism, as long as a person does not liberate from cycles of life (reach nirvana), he/she will go from one life to another (human lifeforms, or other higher lifeforms or lower lifeforms) continuously. During those lifetimes, one cannot choose which life he/she wants to live (human lifeforms, or other higher lifeforms or lower lifeforms), which environment he/she wants to be born, which sex he/she wants to be, etc. All things happen according to one's Kamma.

-

“……… beings are owners of kamma, heir to kamma, born of kamma, related through kamma, and have kamma as their arbitrator. Kamma is what creates distinctions among beings in terms of coarseness & refinement."
From

-

-Someone cannot transcend from opposite sex form of previous lifetime

The Lord Buddha said: "A woman attends inwardly to her feminine faculties, her feminine gestures, her feminine manners, feminine poise, feminine desires, feminine voice, feminine charms. She is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, she attends outwardly to masculine faculties, masculine gestures, masculine manners, masculine poise, masculine desires, masculine voices, masculine charms. She is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, she wants to be bonded to what is outside her, wants whatever pleasure & happiness that arise based on that bond. Delighting, caught up in her femininity, a woman goes into bondage with reference to men. This is how a woman does not transcend her femininity.
"A man attends inwardly to his masculine faculties, masculine gestures, masculine manners, masculine poise, masculine desires, masculine voice, masculine charms. He is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, he attends outwardly to feminine faculties, feminine gestures, feminine manners, feminine poise, feminine desires, feminine voices, feminine charms. He is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, he wants to be bonded to what is outside him, wants whatever pleasure & happiness that arise based on that bond. Delighting, caught up in his masculinity, a man goes into bondage with reference to women. This is how a man does not transcend his masculinity.
From

-

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought.
From

Originally Answered:
Are people born gay or is it a product of the environment? Yes. The answer is yes, even though it’s not a yes or no question. I reason by analogy, so an apt analogy here is lotus feet. Here they are .

People are generally born with feet, though some aren’t. The people who are born with feet can grow feet in various lengths, as evidenced by the existence of multiple adult shoes sizes.

When someone talks about trauma and gay and nature vs nurture in the same thought, they should think about lotus feet. The woman’s feet were going to grow bigger than is socially acceptable. So rather than change what is socially acceptable to fit the reality of normal human variation, they broke her feet and shoved them into a shoe.

The basic gist of it is that there is a gene which is inherited along the female line, which, if present in females, leads to increased fertility, so it is an advantage to reproduction. So women with the gene will, on average, have more children. If a male inherits the gene from their mother, he will have a tendency to be attracted to males, or a dominant female, or somewhere in that spectrum. The fact that he may not have children is irrelevant, since there are plenty of males more than willing to impregnate excess willing females. That is why it has not died out or been selected out by evolution. Women having more children is an enormous advantage. Some men not having children is not a disadvantage. This is not an article in isolation. There are many similar published articles. Go to Pubmed or other scientific database more more. Use inheritence of homosexuality as a search term.

The environment that they live in will play a role as to how much they live overtly as a gay person, not whether they are gay or not. That is, how and when, if ever, they come out of the closet.

Science says there are no such thing as absolutely “hetero” or “homo” sexual people.

All of us are only juggling between our dominant traits. Are you socially identify as straight? That means you are more than 50% heterosexual and less than 50% homosexual.

Were we always born this way?

Yes and No.

I know it is not popular, but people only pick inconvenient truths that suits their agenda. Only political people will provide absolute “yes” or “no” answer to give stronger argument to their cause.

Our hormones and the development of our brains determine how we will end up throughout our life. This lead to some early homophobes to experiment with hormonal therapy to “cure homosexuality”, which only damages their “patient” further. Some people are simply born with certain condition that leads them to have homosexual preference, which may change over time. Some are the otherwise, started as straight guy, and then suddenly “come out” as gay during later years.

My friend who were convinced that he was straight, turned out later to be gay. He has dated so many girls, but can’t settle on one, until he found his man. I asked him if he was too shy or facing any social pressure to hide his sexuality? He just said simply said no, and he said that he was just confused. I asked him, if he knew that there are many gay people already, would it make him feel better? He just said no, he simply changed after puberty, that’s all. So yeah, they were not always born to be straight either.

Now, for political purpose, if you say “yes”, think again. Some questions also asked why there are not so many people born to be gay, is it just because of deviation in our genetics that affects small number of people or what?

The answer will pretty much hurt anyone’s self-esteem. So, please go back to real science. Some people do born that way and stayed consistent throughout their whole life, some people simply don’t, and they change.

The gene that makes people born with lack of melanin that cause their skin to appear pinkish (people love to call it “white”) is also recessive too, and less than 25% of the world population are born with it. Yet, some of them are immensely proud of it and push the idea that they are actually superior.

I think this shouldn’t be about whether you are born with it or not.

The real question is, why bother? It is everyone’s own personal life, not mine or yours. We should punish sexual offenders, but not one’s sexual orientation. I honestly can’t think why people are still bothered by this. There are people out there doing things like trafficking humans, making snuff films, enslaving other humans, committing animal cruelty, destroying pristine environment, and so on, which should bother us. People loving each other should not be a problem at all, it is actually good for them.

Are all of us bisexual then?

That also depends. But cases like sodomy in prison between male inmates, despite being not gay shows that our sexuality orientation is actually very fluid and compromising.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Hakeem12(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2018
You are right
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Lordofthewest(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2018
Felix Kalu is afonja.. Mehn yoruba people must have really oppressed your destiny that you cant see clearly anymore
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Gay afonja fool.
Hell is w8n 4 u

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Centcanada: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2018
You are a Bush animal!

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Emassive(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2018
You are talking trash .... intact you are full of it.

AnonyNymous:

How's it his choice when it happened subconsciously? His free will wasn't even involved- and that's assuming his sexuality was influenced over time (its proven that human sexuality is fluid, but we have little control over it). Some are even born that way. The only choice he made was acting on his urges, and I don't blame him because every human being gets lonely and has sexual desires.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by CAPSLOCKED: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Hakeem12:
No one is born gay, every behaviour is learnt.

THIS MEANS
NO ONE IS BORN STRAIGHT EITHER. SO WE SHOULD CONDEMN STRAIGHT PEOPLE LIKE WE DO GAYS. EQUATION BALANCED.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by buchilino(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Except this isn't a behavior. Its a sexuality. Can you command your sexual organs not to become aroused at the sight of a nak*d woman?

TO SAY UR WILL BE SHOCK AT UR MENTALITY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
This guy is purely mad...very mad...

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
and all this innocent minors how many times did you force your prick on their excreting hole... how many Times did you perfect your trade with their poopooing hole. how many times did you expose them to danger in the name of helping them.. i doubt if this guy is an Igbo... he must be one of this yellowbar ediots deceiving the masses with false identity
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by buchilino(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

TO SAY UR FAMILY WILL BE SHOCK AT UR MENTALITY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by TheLoser: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
That's Lovely
If it's not exaggerated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hide your face

2 Likes

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

How's it his choice when it happened subconsciously? His free will wasn't even involved- and that's assuming his sexuality was influenced over time (its proven that human sexuality is fluid, but we have little control over it). Some are even born that way. The only choice he made was acting on his urges, and I don't blame him because every human being gets lonely and has sexual desires.

That word "fluid" u used up there, is a new form of sexuality soon to hit the waves...pple in developed countries now say they can be strictly gay for a time and straight for another time...this isn't bisexual case of having both male and female attraction at the same time...
.we are humans, the very reason we are called higher in the first place, we are not animals, we have self control and above all the will to do what we want which is what is killing us.
I don't have anything against gay pple..but I just feel that as humans, if we refuse to draw the line of normality, and have the SOP in everything we will soon not be different from the lowest of bacteria and that's what will bring our world to its knees and cause extinction.

When we keep saying it's fine to act the way we feel,
soon it will be fine to be a peodophile cos this pple also feel the attractions towards kids, it isn't really their fault right? Its just how they feel.
And the corpses in the morgue and our pets won't be exempted since some pple have the attraction towards them. Yeah! Its wired and extreme now that I'm mentioning these, but that's how the gay thing began, it was first wired and extreme..
We are humans..we need to draw the line of normality and not just say we need to act the way we feel

6 Likes

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by asawanathegreat(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Repent or perish
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by themodernman: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
Upon all the things wey dey worry us for this country, na another man yansh dey give you joy.

Are we to celebrate this struggle of yours as an achievement or a legacy? Our society will keep on resisting nut-heads like you until the day you all start thinking like homo sapiens. There is no justification for being gay.

Here we don't accept freaks no matter how good they present themselves. So stop fooling yourself, you are fighting a lost battle.

Yes man! Here we gladly accept crooks instead, no matter how bad they paint themselves, as long as "another man yansh no give them joy."

Continue bro, you're making a lot of sense!
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by oloriooko(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
This ugly masquerade is saying he's fine grin grin grin
May your ancestors punish your yansh till your last generation
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by oochi123(f): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Radarada..why won't you harbour them..

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by themodernman: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hakeem12:

So you think your attraction for the opposite sex was learnt right?

Do you know what instincts mean at all? They're inborn traits in the genetic makeup that forms our behaviour. So no, not every behaviour is learnt. Heck crave for sex isn't even a "behaviour", it's a darn instinct.

Stop reasoning with your phallus dude.

Thank God I'm a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by pafo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hakeem12:

Guess you do not know what "innate" means then.

All behaviours are not learned. Some were genetically predisposed. No one knows for sure how gayism came to be but one thing pdychiatrists and psychologists know for sure is that it is not a disorder.
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hakeem12:
font=serif][i]Once more a question gets asked about human sexuality as if it's a simple yes or no, but that just isn't neat or tidy like that.

Let's flip it a bit.

Are people born straight? Are there male babies who were born finding redheads attractive, do some of them pop out of the womb liking anal sex?

We as baby animals just don't really have sexual attraction until we hit puberty. It's not until then we know whether a little human will be attracted to a person of the opposite sex, same sex, both or neither or other.

Most people who are straight probably presume they were made that way, were born that way - and conveniently, society rewards them for being a member of the sexual and gender majority.

Why would it be any different for someone who is gay or bi or trans? If you think about it, if being a member of a sexual minority is not rewarded and little children pretty much almost never see positive role models for same, how would anyone, ever, have made that decision? It just doesn't seem likely, does it? That a child, who has never seen or heard of "gay", who knows no one but their straight parents, suddenly hits puberty and think "Yes! I will risk society's scorn and derision and CHOOSE to be something I have never seen, heard, or know the name of!"

And yet, there were Radclyffe Hall and Oscar Wilde and so many others, long before Neil Patrick Harris, RuPaul and Ellen DeGeneres living that life.

It just seems so much more...obvious...to presume that human sexuality - about which we know so little - has natural diversity built in, just like every other aspect of humanity, from taste buds to skin shade.

We are "born" with whatever we have the potential to be, and then we develop into who we are.
1.8k Views ·
Q. Are people born gay?

-One can know whether homosexuality is genetic or not by studying the identical twins. If one of the identical twins is homosexual and the other is not, one can conclude it is not.

-One can also know whether homosexuality is innate or not by studying the identical twins. If one of the identical twins is homosexual since very young and the other is not, one can conclude it is innate but not genetic.

-Science cannot explain the nature of homosexuality yet. If homosexuality is due to genetic, science has already proved it. If homosexuality is due to environment, science has already proved it. If homosexuality is not due to genetic, not due to environment, and some or most of them are feel since young (born that way, innate), what is the explanation?

-According to philosophy of Theravada Buddhism, a person may be reborn as lower living things, higher living things or as human beings as long as he/she is not liberated from cycles of life. If a person was born as woman (for only one time or many times) in past and that person is delighted by being femaleness and delighted in bonding with opposite sex (man), and if that person becomes a man in present life, that person will want to become a woman and want to be in love with a man in present life.

-Similarly, if a person was born as a man (for only one time or many times) in past and that person is delighted by being maleness and delighted in bonding with opposite sex (woman), and if that person becomes a woman in present life, that person will want to become a man and want to be in love with a woman in present life.

-Is that kind of philosophy true? As long as Science cannot explain the nature of homosexuality, one should not discard every theory.

-

References

·

-Opposite sex attracts each other.

1.Monks, I do not know of any form that takes hold of a man’s mind like the form of a woman. A woman’s form, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other form.
2. “Monks, I do not know of any sound that takes hold of a man’s mind like the sound of a woman. A woman’s sound, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other sound.”
3. “Monks, I do not know of any scent that takes hold of a man’s mind like the scent of a woman. A woman’s scent, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other scent.”
4. “Monks, I do not know of any taste that takes hold of a man’s mind like the taste of a woman. A woman’s taste, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other taste.”
5. “Monks, I do not know of any touch that takes hold of a man’s mind like the touch of a woman. A woman’s touch, monks, takes hold of a man’s mind like no other touch.”
6. “Monks, I do not know of any form that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the form of a man. A man’s form, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other form.”
7. “Monks, I do not know of any sound that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the sound of a man. A man’s sound, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other sound.”
8. “Monks, I do not know of any scent that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the scent of a man. A man’s scent, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other scent.”
9. “Monks, I do not know of any taste that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the taste of a man. A man’s taste, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other taste.” 10. “Monks, I do not know of any touch that takes hold of a woman’s mind like the touch of a man. A man’s touch, monks, takes hold of a woman’s mind like no other touch.”
From

-

-According to philosophy of Theravada Buddhism, as long as a person does not liberate from cycles of life (reach nirvana), he/she will go from one life to another (human lifeforms, or other higher lifeforms or lower lifeforms) continuously. During those lifetimes, one cannot choose which life he/she wants to live (human lifeforms, or other higher lifeforms or lower lifeforms), which environment he/she wants to be born, which sex he/she wants to be, etc. All things happen according to one's Kamma.

-

“……… beings are owners of kamma, heir to kamma, born of kamma, related through kamma, and have kamma as their arbitrator. Kamma is what creates distinctions among beings in terms of coarseness & refinement."
From

-

-Someone cannot transcend from opposite sex form of previous lifetime

The Lord Buddha said: "A woman attends inwardly to her feminine faculties, her feminine gestures, her feminine manners, feminine poise, feminine desires, feminine voice, feminine charms. She is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, she attends outwardly to masculine faculties, masculine gestures, masculine manners, masculine poise, masculine desires, masculine voices, masculine charms. She is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, she wants to be bonded to what is outside her, wants whatever pleasure & happiness that arise based on that bond. Delighting, caught up in her femininity, a woman goes into bondage with reference to men. This is how a woman does not transcend her femininity.
"A man attends inwardly to his masculine faculties, masculine gestures, masculine manners, masculine poise, masculine desires, masculine voice, masculine charms. He is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, he attends outwardly to feminine faculties, feminine gestures, feminine manners, feminine poise, feminine desires, feminine voices, feminine charms. He is excited by that, delighted by that. Being excited & delighted by that, he wants to be bonded to what is outside him, wants whatever pleasure & happiness that arise based on that bond. Delighting, caught up in his masculinity, a man goes into bondage with reference to women. This is how a man does not transcend his masculinity.
From

-

Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought.
From

Originally Answered:
Are people born gay or is it a product of the environment? Yes. The answer is yes, even though it’s not a yes or no question. I reason by analogy, so an apt analogy here is lotus feet. Here they are .

People are generally born with feet, though some aren’t. The people who are born with feet can grow feet in various lengths, as evidenced by the existence of multiple adult shoes sizes.

When someone talks about trauma and gay and nature vs nurture in the same thought, they should think about lotus feet. The woman’s feet were going to grow bigger than is socially acceptable. So rather than change what is socially acceptable to fit the reality of normal human variation, they broke her feet and shoved them into a shoe.

The basic gist of it is that there is a gene which is inherited along the female line, which, if present in females, leads to increased fertility, so it is an advantage to reproduction. So women with the gene will, on average, have more children. If a male inherits the gene from their mother, he will have a tendency to be attracted to males, or a dominant female, or somewhere in that spectrum. The fact that he may not have children is irrelevant, since there are plenty of males more than willing to impregnate excess willing females. That is why it has not died out or been selected out by evolution. Women having more children is an enormous advantage. Some men not having children is not a disadvantage. This is not an article in isolation. There are many similar published articles. Go to Pubmed or other scientific database more more. Use inheritence of homosexuality as a search term.

The environment that they live in will play a role as to how much they live overtly as a gay person, not whether they are gay or not. That is, how and when, if ever, they come out of the closet.

Science says there are no such thing as absolutely “hetero” or “homo” sexual people.

All of us are only juggling between our dominant traits. Are you socially identify as straight? That means you are more than 50% heterosexual and less than 50% homosexual.

Were we always born this way?

Yes and No.

I know it is not popular, but people only pick inconvenient truths that suits their agenda. Only political people will provide absolute “yes” or “no” answer to give stronger argument to their cause.

Our hormones and the development of our brains determine how we will end up throughout our life. This lead to some early homophobes to experiment with hormonal therapy to “cure homosexuality”, which only damages their “patient” further. Some people are simply born with certain condition that leads them to have homosexual preference, which may change over time. Some are the otherwise, started as straight guy, and then suddenly “come out” as gay during later years.

My friend who were convinced that he was straight, turned out later to be gay. He has dated so many girls, but can’t settle on one, until he found his man. I asked him if he was too shy or facing any social pressure to hide his sexuality? He just said simply said no, and he said that he was just confused. I asked him, if he knew that there are many gay people already, would it make him feel better? He just said no, he simply changed after puberty, that’s all. So yeah, they were not always born to be straight either.

Now, for political purpose, if you say “yes”, think again. Some questions also asked why there are not so many people born to be gay, is it just because of deviation in our genetics that affects small number of people or what?

The answer will pretty much hurt anyone’s self-esteem. So, please go back to real science. Some people do born that way and stayed consistent throughout their whole life, some people simply don’t, and they change.

The gene that makes people born with lack of melanin that cause their skin to appear pinkish (people love to call it “white”) is also recessive too, and less than 25% of the world population are born with it. Yet, some of them are immensely proud of it and push the idea that they are actually superior.

I think this shouldn’t be about whether you are born with it or not.

The real question is, why bother? It is everyone’s own personal life, not mine or yours. We should punish sexual offenders, but not one’s sexual orientation. I honestly can’t think why people are still bothered by this. There are people out there doing things like trafficking humans, making snuff films, enslaving other humans, committing animal cruelty, destroying pristine environment, and so on, which should bother us. People loving each other should not be a problem at all, it is actually good for them.

Are all of us bisexual then?

That also depends. But cases like sodomy in prison between male inmates, despite being not gay shows that our sexuality orientation is actually very fluid and compromising.

if only there were more people who reason like you, Nigeria would not be in the state it is right now

The problem we have is that we have locked our minds to reason,we were taught as kids that homosexuality is bad,and since naturally humans tend to discriminate people that are different from them there is nothing you would say to the average Nigerian to convince him that two gay men having sex is not removing one strand of hair from his skin

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by themodernman: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
owomida1:
There is a huge difference between having a large heart and being an ass digger.

You cannot connect both and there is no way u are making any sense.

I wish I could see you now, that fight u want to fight we go draw ring for main road fight am.

Why u run go yankee? Olofo

It can never make any sense to you cos you have no sense in the first place.

You that are straight, how useful have you been to even the fellow straight people around you?

Calling someone Olofo while you're as useless as an empty condom pack....

3 Likes

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by HomeOfMe(f): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Drinokrane:
Openly Gay Nigerian man, Felix Kalu who has relocated to the US, shared a post on his Facebook page detailing how he fought Homophobia before leaving the shores of Nigeria.

Read below;
"How I resist homophobia.

I am 27 years old. I am young and powerful.

Every war comes after a threat. The day my society threatened me they asked for a war. I will fight them to their knees. The more they resist me, the more I will persist.

I currently have someone in my life that makes me feel like a treasure. This person loves me very much. This person worships me. This person can melt mountains for me. We hope to get married some day.

Everyone should be given the opportunity to feel the way I feel right now.

A gay boy told me that his family thinks he is the one behind all the problems they are encountering. I have heard many of such stories where a family discovers a member was gay and concludes that God was punishing the entire family because of his homosexuality. In this boy’s case he was not just put out of the house, but all his clothes were burned. At that point can you imagine what life meant for him?

That boy lived with me till he learned a skill and my last kobo was used to open a shop for him. I believe the only way we young people can protect ourselves is when we are empowered. Sometimes I have had to take them and keep them in my house. A boy came to me with full blown AIDS and left as a barber who owned a barbing salon and an undergraduate of the open university. I feel proud of myself.

I said I am not going to have any biological child because of this. There was one day I left the house early in the morning to give my last 3k to a boy that was going for this dancing competition, his family did not support him because he danced like a girl.

After I gave him that money I came back to the house to one pack of Indomie noodle that I hoped to eat that morning, I didn’t know there was no gas, I chewed the indomie like that with water, but when he won that competition I felt a satisfaction that no food can give.

I didn't buy new clothes for 3 years because I had boys going to school, boys who called me father even though some of them were older than me.

This is how I resist.
-Felix kalu."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/openly-gay-nigerian-man-writes-on-how-he-fought-against-homophobia-in-nigeria.html

I somehow find this amusing. Sorry I don't mean to offend nobody but I feel whenever an igbo man says he's Muslim or gay,I feel he's doing it for money. I hope he didn't become gay just to get green card. No offense to the LGBT community. "Happy sexui...."
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by themodernman: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
Emassive:
You are talking trash .... intact you are full of it.

When one has nothing to say, they result to insults...

You can see your argument is the lowest form exhibited by mankind in this pyramid.

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by themodernman: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
and all this innocent minors how many times did you force your prick on their excreting hole... how many Times did you perfect your trade with their poopooing hole. how many times did you expose them to danger in the name of helping them.. i doubt if this guy is an Igbo... he must be one of this yellowbar ediots deceiving the masses with false identity

Cos your warped mentality automatically believes he does it with ulterior motives. The same way straights insert their device into any shithole available whenever they help them right

I want to believe you're a special disgrace to straight people and not a reputable representative.

1 Like

Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by emperorblog(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
STORIES YOU WILL LOVE FULL EPISODE

GOD KNOWS TOMMOROW www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=god+knows+tomorrow
THE ENEMY WITHIN www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=the+enemy+within

THE WEDDING CONTRACT www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=the+wedding+contract
CONTACT ME FOR,YOUR PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGN
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by khalids: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
Drinokrane:
Openly Gay Nigerian man, Felix Kalu who has relocated to the US, shared a post on his Facebook page detailing how he fought Homophobia before leaving the shores of Nigeria.

Read below;
"How I resist homophobia.

I am 27 years old. I am young and powerful.

Every war comes after a threat. The day my society threatened me they asked for a war. I will fight them to their knees. The more they resist me, the more I will persist.

I currently have someone in my life that makes me feel like a treasure. This person loves me very much. This person worships me. This person can melt mountains for me. We hope to get married some day.

Everyone should be given the opportunity to feel the way I feel right now.

A gay boy told me that his family thinks he is the one behind all the problems they are encountering. I have heard many of such stories where a family discovers a member was gay and concludes that God was punishing the entire family because of his homosexuality. In this boy’s case he was not just put out of the house, but all his clothes were burned. At that point can you imagine what life meant for him?

That boy lived with me till he learned a skill and my last kobo was used to open a shop for him. I believe the only way we young people can protect ourselves is when we are empowered. Sometimes I have had to take them and keep them in my house. A boy came to me with full blown AIDS and left as a barber who owned a barbing salon and an undergraduate of the open university. I feel proud of myself.

I said I am not going to have any biological child because of this. There was one day I left the house early in the morning to give my last 3k to a boy that was going for this dancing competition, his family did not support him because he danced like a girl.

After I gave him that money I came back to the house to one pack of Indomie noodle that I hoped to eat that morning, I didn’t know there was no gas, I chewed the indomie like that with water, but when he won that competition I felt a satisfaction that no food can give.

I didn't buy new clothes for 3 years because I had boys going to school, boys who called me father even though some of them were older than me.

This is how I resist.
-Felix kalu."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/openly-gay-nigerian-man-writes-on-how-he-fought-against-homophobia-in-nigeria.html

I talk am, devil done take over.....
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
themodernman:

Cos your warped mentality automatically believes he does it with ulterior motives. The same way straights insert their device into any shithole available whenever they help them right

I want to believe you're a special disgrace to straight people and not a reputable representative.
oh is that the way u were brought up..
. I can see the handiwork of foster home in you and how those adult cunts in the Foster home reduce u to nothing.... abeg take ur frustration somewhere else... I did not ask for your opinion
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by OlufemiWhit(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
!
Re: Felix Kalu, Gay Nigerian Man: 'How I Fought Against Homophobia In Nigeria' by justli: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

for the biological and inherent need of a man to procreate, he gets aroused at such sights. Now what biological need informs the gay's sexuality?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Cannot Stay In Eden And Feed On Apples" / How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? / See What My Wife Is Doing In Europe (picture) Plz Adults Only Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.