Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage (8821 Views)

Can You Leave A Good Woman/man Because They Slept With Someone By Mistake? / Lady Loses Interest In A Young Man Because He Doesn't Smoke Or Drink / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2018
Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage

You know what ? just ignore all this talk about submission and subordination. all of this is irrelevant when it comes to a happy union. You have to remember one thing, it is one thing to have a happy union based on respect and it is another thing to have a happy union based on commandering /dictatorship. The happy union based on respect will will always prosper while the one based on commandering/dictatorship will be filled with troubles.

All i am saying is that, look for a person whom you are both on each others level, you laugh together, you are like buddys, you joke together, you act silly together, you are best friends, you are like 2 peas in a pod, you feel extremely comfortable in each others company because once you have that ? issues like 'submission' will never arise. You dont have to submit to any human being.
No matter how you try to put it, being submissive is the same thing as being subservient (submission will always lead to subservience). Why should you be subservient to another human being in the name of marriage?
If you feel like you have to submit to your husband, then you are in the wrong marriage.

12 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by donstan18: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2018
Stupidity sometimes looks like death.

When one is stupid, he/she won't feel the pain and embarrassment of sounding stupid, but those who care will be the ones feeling it.

But it's quite unfortunate that I care not, so ride on, OP

26 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Boomboost(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2018
The Bible say him own, you say your own.
From where did you get this authority?
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2018
All i am saying is that, look for a person whom you are both on each others level, you laugh together, you are like buddys, you joke together, you act silly together, you are best friends, you are like 2 peas in a pod, you feel extremely comfortable in each others company because once you have that ? issues like 'submission' will never arise

Truer words have never been spoken.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by GOFRONT(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2018
Equal right
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2018
lol they'll submit to a man either way. be it their Pastor at church or Boss at work. women were created to submit niggah. hate it or love it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by milemimi93(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2018
Hanseel1:
Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage

You know what ? just ignore all this talk about submission and subordination. all of this is irrelevant when it comes to a happy union. You have to remember one thing, it is one thing to have a happy union based on respect and it is another thing to have a happy union based on commandering /dictatorship. The happy union based on respect will will always prosper while the one based on commandering/dictatorship will be filled with troubles.

All i am saying is that, look for a person whom you are both on each others level, you laugh together, you are like buddys, you joke together, you act silly together, you are best friends, you are like 2 peas in a pod, you feel extremely comfortable in each others company because once you have that ? issues like 'submission' will never arise. You dont have to submit to any human being.
No matter how you try to put it, being submissive is the same thing as being subservient (submission will always lead to subservience). Why should you be subservient to another human being in the name of marriage?
If you feel like you have to submit to your husband, then you are in the wrong marriage.

Let women start paying groom price. After all marriage benefits them

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by babyfaceafrica: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2018
super story
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by xtervaganza(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2018
Listen to mumu op and you'll definitely become a Shiloh candidate

5 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Maxi112: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
How can a man deal with a woman who isn't submissive to him.

Submissive also means one compromising for the other, so what are you saying in essence? Op

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
lol they'll submit to a man either way. be it their Pastor at church or Boss at work. women were created to submit niggah. hate it or love it.
Regardless of gender, you have to submit to your boss at your place of work.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Headlesschicken(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
undecided at the sound of marriage,pants begin to drop...

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lol... Ass lickers everywhere. submission comes into play naturally without being forced. when you marry the right man that love, care and provide for your needs... you will naturally submit to him without you knowing it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by ednut1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
Husband scarce u con add another poo lol
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
MhisTahrah:
Regardless of gender, you have to submit to your boss at your place of work.
then you dont know the meaning of the word submit.

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Biglittlelois(f): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
donstan18:
Stupidity sometimes looks like death.

When one is stupid, he/she won't feel the pain and embarrassment of sounding stupid, but those who care will be the ones feeling it.

But it's quite unfortunate that I care not, so ride on, OP

But how now? what he said is kind of true, or you want someone that will kneel down to greet you every morning, you want someone that will say yes to everything you do and say abi?

I really wish the bible gave specific kind of submission it meant so that men wont use that opportunity to ride on us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Kimcutie: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
This is not my business.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by LordKO(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Only a petty man (person) will expect/demand for submission in its formalness - submissiveness is good and expected, and those who expect it knows that it is earned not given - from a woman (person) outside formal settings (work environment where totalitarian rather than civility is required to achieve efficiency). Yes, there's a distinction/difference between submissiveness and submission - euphemism. The importance of euphemism can never be overemphasized. Show me a proponent of submission and I will point to you a subjugator. Unfortunately, subjugation knows no gender.

Mutual healthy and happy union only take place where both parties involved are liberators (not where one of the parties is a subjugator) - liberalism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness.

Sincerity begets submissiveness. A sincere head doesn't need immunity to reign supreme towards his follower(s), however, an insincere head can only reign supreme towards his follower(s) if and only he has immunity, this is so because he's full of impunity - so, an insincere head will expect submission rather than submissiveness from his follower. The former in this regard is a leader - leaders liberate - while the latter is a dictator - dictators subjugate. Those of the diplomatic ethical leanings liberate, while those of the manipulative ethical leanings subjugate.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by daviesblaze(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
well if she can't submit. need i remind her that she is just an option not a neccessity.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
When you grow older, you'll understand why the Bible said women should be submissive in marriage. For now, keep swimming in your own ocean of wisdom.

Small boy with small empty braingrin.
You said I created a thread that women should learn to cook, is it wrong?

Op, I remember now, you were the guy that a lady was giving everything. You said she's older than you and is more buoyant. Why won't you be submissive to your husband (wife)? You better wash her menstral pant before she throw you out of her housegrin I see why you argue blindly shocked

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
milemimi93:

I know sey I go see you, donstan18 and miseducations here
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
Oyindidi:
grin grin you know when niggahs wanna simp we are on the ground distributing sense.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
grin grin you know when niggahs wanna simp we are on the ground distributing sense.
You are right on this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by victorian(f): 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
I see nothing wrong in bn subservient in marriage, even in relationships.

In my female to female relationships, we are subservient to each other. I have female friends of early 20s, mid 40s . It's the same. We respect each other And submissive as well. Likewise between me and my man, we are both subservient to each other. But seriously he's the first ever have seen like that in a man. We are of the same age, he earns more than me. And am amazed such men still exist.

So on, it's not a big deal To be submissive. If u love your friends or partner, submission is not a thing to argue about.. It comes willingly. That's if u truly love your friends and companion.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by victorian(f): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
I see nothing wrong in bn subservient in marriage, even in relationships.

In my female to female relationships, we are subservient to each other. I have female friends of early 20s, mid 40s . It's the same. We respect each other And submissive as well. Likewise between me and my man, we are both subservient to each other. But seriously he's the first ever have seen like that in a man. We are of the same age, he earns more than me. And am amazed such men still exist.

So op, it's not a big deal To be submissive. If u love your friends or partner, submission is not a thing to argue about.. It comes willingly. That's if u truly love your friends and companion.

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
milemimi93:

Oyindidi:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very true, OP. What you described up there is how people in happy marriages are. Others just like to complicate marriage for themselves and end up being miserable. Main thing is just to find someone you're compatible with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2018
LordKO:
Only a petty man (person) will expect/demand for submission - submissiveness is good and expected, and those who expects it knows that its earned not given - from a woman (person) outside formal settings (work environment where totalitarian rather than civility is required to achieve efficiency). Yes, there's a distinction/difference between submissiveness and submission - euphemism. The importance of euphemism can never be overemphasized. Show me a proponent of submission and I will point to you a subjugator. Unfortunately, subjugation knows no gender.

Mutual healthy and happy union only takes place where both parties involved are liberators (not where one of the parties is a subjugator) - liberalism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness.

Sincerity begets submissiveness. A sincere head doesn't need immunity to reign supreme towards his follower(s), however, an insincere head can only reign supreme towards his follower(s) if and only he has immunity, this is so because he's full of impunity - so, an insincere head will expect submission rather than submissiveness from his follower. The former in this regard is a leader - leaders liberates - while the latter is a dictator - dictators subjugates. Those of the diplomatic ethical leanings liberates, while those of the manipulative ethical leanings subjugates.

Awesome post. A bottle of beer for you!

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:

then you dont know the meaning of the word submit.
Has the meaning of the word changed then?

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
In as much as your post seem pleasing and acceptable to We women folks, I can't help but correct your command :' Don't submit to any Man in Marriage'. It is all shades of wrong.

What is Marriage without submission? What is Marriage without listening, accepting,and yielding to your partner's words, wants, desires ? What is Marriage if only your wills and thoughts matter most? Mister I see you advising women to live alone.

True, there are some men who are control freak. Men who wants slaves and no wives, Men that command and control in place of Request and Guide. But the sane question is why marry such man when you aren't ready to comply to their terms?

Finally, Love begets Submission. If your marriage is based on Love, you won't have problems accepting your partner's Will. smiley

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
LordKO:
Only a petty man (person) will expect/demand for submission - submissiveness is good and expected, and those who expects it knows that its earned not given - from a woman (person) outside formal settings (work environment where totalitarian rather than civility is required to achieve efficiency). Yes, there's a distinction/difference between submissiveness and submission - euphemism. The importance of euphemism can never be overemphasized. Show me a proponent of submission and I will point to you a subjugator. Unfortunately, subjugation knows no gender.

Mutual healthy and happy union only takes place where both parties involved are liberators (not where one of the parties is a subjugator) - liberalism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness.

Sincerity begets submissiveness. A sincere head doesn't need immunity to reign supreme towards his follower(s), however, an insincere head can only reign supreme towards his follower(s) if and only he has immunity, this is so because he's full of impunity - so, an insincere head will expect submission rather than submissiveness from his follower. The former in this regard is a leader - leaders liberates - while the latter is a dictator - dictators subjugates. Those of the diplomatic ethical leanings liberates, while those of the manipulative ethical leanings subjugates.

Nice.

@OP
Lol honestly don’t think a lot of women would have a problem being submissive if it was for a man who actually deserved it, i.e. had his shit together, provided love, was trustworthy etc. It will come naturally and women will be more willing when you’ve actually earned it. But you’ll see the dustiest of negroes demanding for it ‘just because’ and this is what will be asking you to 'submit':

grin

Just do what you’re comfortable with to be honest, as long as you and your partner are on the same wavelength

4 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
MhisTahrah:
Has the meaning of the word changed then?
quote it from your dictionary then ask yourself if its even proper to grant it to your boss..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help: Are Delta State Girls Allergic To Erect Breast? (Picture) / Help! He Used My Sextape As A Means To Sleep With Me. / My Girlfriend Is Frustrating Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.