Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage (8868 Views)

Can You Leave A Good Woman/man Because They Slept With Someone By Mistake? / Lady Loses Interest In A Young Man Because He Doesn't Smoke Or Drink / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
MhisTahrah:
This is tiring, bye.
why coz i dont agree with you?

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
MariaLavina:
k
no answer. smh. just walk away.

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by cvibe2: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
This seems like a stupid post by the OP.

You submit to your Pastor, your Boss, yet you want to be doing we are two Captains on a ship with your husband.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2018
Biglittlelois:

But how now? what he said is kind of true, or you want someone that will kneel down to greet you every morning, you want someone that will say yes to everything you do and say abi?

I really wish the bible gave specific kind of submission it meant so that men wont that opportunity to ride on us

Submission isn't what you are forced to do or what you do consciously, it is what you do as a result of the good experience you have had with someone, OP may not understand what submission is or how it happens in a matrimony, she closely relates it with slavery, in fact submission in a marriage is a product of romance and romantic gestures between couples

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by generationz(f): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
Biglittlelois:

But how now? what he said is kind of true, or you want someone that will kneel down to greet you every morning, you want someone that will say yes to everything you do and say abi?

I really wish the bible gave specific kind of submission it meant so that men wont use that opportunity to ride on us
marry a man with wisdom not a dictator then submission won't be hard.

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
Cos you pretending like you didn't get my point.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by SamgoldBaba: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2018
pocohantas:

Truer words have never been spoken.
Truer words are never spoken U read that book??
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 08, 2018
Oyindidi:
When you grow older, you'll understand why the Bible said women should be submissive in marriage. For now, keep swimming in your own ocean of wisdom

My post is meant for mature and civilized people who have left the shores of Africa.
Something I've noticed about African women is that most are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Well, I don't expect you to understand my post as it is way beyond your intellectual circumference.

I'm not surprised as you're the same one advising only women to learn how to cook before going into marriage since they're cooking machines.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

Submission isn't what you are forced to do or what you do consciously, it is what you do as a result of the good experience you have had with someone, OP may not understand what submission is or how it happens in a matrimony, she closely relates it with slavery, in fact submission in a marriage is a product of romance and romantic gestures between couples

Young man, the kind of submission African men are clamouring for is synonymous to slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 08, 2018
MariaLavina:
In as much as your post seem pleasing and acceptable to We women folks, I can't help but correct your command :' Don't submit to any Man in Marriage'. It is all shades of wrong.

What is Marriage without submission? What is Marriage without listening, accepting,and yielding to your partner's words, wants, desires ? What is Marriage if only your wills and thoughts matter most? Mister I see you advising women to live alone.

True, there are some men who are control freak. Men who wants slaves and no wives, Men that command and control in place of Request and Guide. But the sane question is why marry such man when you aren't ready to comply to their terms?

Finally, Love begets Submission. If your marriage is based on Love, you won't have problems accepting your partner's Will. smiley

Submission where only your words are taken ,you want to be consulted before any decision is taken ,your words are always final, you see cooking as the woman's responsibility alone.

Until you travel beyond Africa, you won't be wise enough to decipher the message in my post.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 08, 2018
AlPeter:
the op is so stupid calling him stupid will be an insult to stupid folks. there is no way no freaking way any marriage will work without submission. the op needs to go back and learn what submission means even friendship thrives on it.

An intelligent person will know that one who requires submission should be ready to reciprocate it.
But like the dumb African alpha male wannabe, Nigerian men can't reciprocate it.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2018
donstan18:
Stupidity sometimes looks like death.

When one is stupid, he/she won't feel the pain and embarrassment of sounding stupid, but those who care will be the ones feeling it.

But it's quite unfortunate that I care not, so ride on, OP

You lack wisdom .

3 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 08, 2018
xoxo001:
Lol... Ass lickers everywhere. submission comes into play naturally without being forced. when you marry the right man that love, care and provide for your needs... you will naturally submit to him without you knowing it

Sorry, I don't deal with minors.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 08, 2018
Yuugen:
Very true, OP. What you described up there is how people in happy marriages are. Others just like to complicate marriage for themselves and end up being miserable. Main thing is just to find someone you're compatible with.

One can't help but cry as African ladies are holding themselves down because of Stockton syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 08, 2018
A low IQ individual who have never left the shores of Africa decided to contaminate this thread by including the Bible.
We all know that the Bible is a sexist book written by misogynistic and sexist men to favour men in so many ways.

Slavery of the mind and slavery of religion can be worse than death.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 4:09am On Jul 08, 2018
MhisTahrah:
Cos you pretending like you didn't get my point.
which is a fancy way of saying:

MISEDUCATIONS:

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 4:11am On Jul 08, 2018
Hanseel1:
A low IQ individual who have never left the shores of Africa decided to contaminate this thread by including the Bible.
We all know that the Bible is a sexist book written by misogynistic and sexist men to favour men in so many ways.

Slavery of the mind and slavery of religion can be worse than death.
but the Bible is the book that mentions female submission to men. how is it a low IQ issue that someone quoted the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:23am On Jul 08, 2018
Hanseel1:

Young man, the kind of submission African men are clamouring for is synonymous to slavery.

The kind of submission you are clamouring for
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 4:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Hanseel1:

My post is meant for mature and civilized people who have left the shores of Africa.
Something I've noticed about African women is that most are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Well, I don't expect you to understand my post as it is way beyond your intellectual circumference.

I'm not surprised as you're the same one advising only women to learn how to cook before going into marriage since they're cooking machines.
Mtcheeeew
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by adontcare(f): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:

but the Bible is the book that mentions female submission to men. how is it a low IQ issue that someone quoted the Bible?
the same bible said submit to one another. Wife submit to ur husband and husband love ur wife. As christ love the church.Submission and love which is greater? Men don't want to love but want submission. In dis mind, submission= slavery. To wash, cook, bath kids, clean house, even if d wife is sick, they don't care as far as dey are concerned, d wife must submit. U will see on Sunday morning, d man will bath himself and start hurrying his wife with 3 kids to meet up his time without assisting. She will bath, feed and dress d kids up. And still want to be served breakfast. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2018
adontcare:
the same bible said submit to one another. Wife submit to ur husband and husband love ur wife. As christ love the church.Submission and love which is greater? Men don't want to love but want submission. In dis mind, submission= slavery. To wash, cook, bath kids, clean house, even if d wife is sick, they don't care as far as dey are concerned, d wife must submit. U will see on Sunday morning, d man will bath himself and start hurrying his wife with 3 kids to meet up his time without assisting. She will bath, feed and dress d kids up. And still want to be served breakfast. It is well
so we agree : wives SUBMIT. husbands LOVE

all the rest is you describing what you have seen people do. dont study people. study the Bible.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by adontcare(f): 5:33am On Jul 08, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:

so we agree : wives SUBMIT. husbands LOVE

all the rest is you describing what you have seen people do. dont study people. study the Bible.
don't forget to read ur bible too. Not one sided reading. Eph5:21. Submitting to one another. Try and study and understand d bible too. Since ur argument is based on d bible. Some.People don't understand what d bible means when they don't read it to understand. 'Submit' in dis context does not mean slavery

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2018
adontcare:
don't forget to read ur bible too. Not one sided reading. Eph5:21. Submitting to one another. Try and study and understand d bible too. Since ur argument is based on d bible. Some.People don't understand what d bible means when they don't read it to understand. 'Submit' in dis context does not mean slavery
who said anything about slavery.
you women dont even know what Submit means. another even told me Submit means Control. what the hell is that.??

1 Like

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MrCork: 5:42am On Jul 08, 2018
Hanseel1:
Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage

You know what ? just ignore all this talk about submission and subordination. all of this is irrelevant when it comes to a happy union. You have to remember one thing, it is one thing to have a happy union based on respect and it is another thing to have a happy union based on commandering /dictatorship. The happy union based on respect will will always prosper while the one based on commandering/dictatorship will be filled with troubles.

All i am saying is that, look for a person whom you are both on each others level, you laugh together, you are like buddys, you joke together, you act silly together, you are best friends, you are like 2 peas in a pod, you feel extremely comfortable in each others company because once you have that ? issues like 'submission' will never arise. You dont have to submit to any human being.
No matter how you try to put it, being submissive is the same thing as being subservient (submission will always lead to subservience). Why should you be subservient to another human being in the name of marriage?
If you feel like you have to submit to your husband, then you are in the wrong marriage.

^^^^gay!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by adontcare(f): 5:46am On Jul 08, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
who said anything about slavery.
you women dont even know what Submit means. another even told me Submit means Control. what the hell is that.??
OK. What do u understand by submit? That is what u think it is o. because I know dat submission in d bible context means following d leadership of ur husband and not leading d man. Since he is d Head.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:49am On Jul 08, 2018
adontcare:
OK. What do u understand by submit? That is what u think it is o. because I know dat submission in d bible context means following d leadership of ur husband and not leading d man. Since he is d Head.
agreed. plus this:
kneel when you serve food.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by adontcare(f): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
agreed. plus this:
kneel when you serve food.
Na so d bible teach u? What of to wipe ur bum and trim ur nails or even brush ya teeth. In fact wife should crawl in ur presence to show how submissive she is. I greet u Mr Africa
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:58am On Jul 08, 2018
adontcare:
Na so d bible teach u? What of to wipe ur bum and trim ur nails or even brush ya teeth. In fact wife should crawl in ur presence to show how submissive she is. I greet u Mr Africa
you cant kneel?
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by adontcare(f): 6:00am On Jul 08, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:

you cant kneel?
y not, Na to prostrate remain.
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by MISEDUCATIONS: 6:02am On Jul 08, 2018
adontcare:
y not, Na to prostrate remain.
okey i cant understand your statement
Re: Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2018
Hanseel1:

Submission where only your words are taken ,you want to be consulted before any decision is taken ,your words are always final, you see cooking as the woman's responsibility alone.

Until you travel beyond Africa, you won't be wise enough to decipher the message in my post.
You amuse me! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Official Car Of The Governor Of Rivers State, Gov. Nyesom Wike. See Pictures / I think A Nigerian Girl Is Using Juju On My Friend To Take His Money! / What Will You Reply This Fine Girl? [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.