Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! (4701 Views)

2015: Yerima Joins Presidential Race / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Beaf: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2010
[size=14pt]Okotie joins presidential race [/size]
By Ifedayo Adebayo
June 11, 2010 02:25AM

Lagos-based pastor, and chairman of the Fresh Democratic Party, Chris Okotie, has indicated that he will run for president in next year's general elections.

Mr Okotie, who has contested the seat twice, said the least the federal government can do to immortalize the sacrifices of the late Moshood Abiola is to enthrone true democracy in the country. He also claimed that the PDP-led federal government is a product of rigging, and could therefore not celebrate the heroes of democracy, who fought for free and fair elections.

The pastor, in a statement signed by his media aide, Ladi Ayodeji, decried the neglect of those who died protesting the cancellation of the June 12, 1993 elections, saying all efforts to ignore their achievement in giving birth to the 4th republic have not succeeded.

The spirit of June 12

"Instead, the spirit of June 12 continues to haunt us", he said. "The democracy martyrs of June 12, led by its flag bearer, MKO Abiola, who won what is still adjusted the best election ever organized in this country, would have died in vain if we fail to put in place viable mechanisms for free and fair elections in the country. One of these is electoral reform, and also transparency and good governance. We can't have true democracy if the peoples votes do not count; where selection instead of election is what produces the leaders."

As regards his political future, Mr. Okotie announced plans to address a world press conference on June 29, 2010 at his party's headquarters, where he will declare his intention to seek his party's nomination for the 2011 presidential election.

Mr. Okotie also called on Nigerians to support the Super Eagles of Nigeria in the World Cup holding in South Africa, promising to reform the sports sector if elected president in 2011. "May I, once again, plead with fellow Nigerians to come all out to support the players," he said. "They need our total, unwavering support, not criticism, at this crucial moment."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5578998-146/okotie_joins_presidential_race__.csp

Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Beaf: 6:01am On Jun 11, 2010
This guy has been joining every presidential race for as long as I can remember. "Fresh Democratic Party?" Damn dude is the joke of the century.
Maybe, "God" will give it to him this time. embarassed
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2010
Okotie should do what pdp always do.share the money and get the votes coupled with ballot snatching and serious thuggery.that church stuff will not deliver the needed votes.somebody please wake okotie up.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by hatch: 6:49am On Jun 11, 2010
Do you know what it means to be called a 3 time or veteran presidential aspirant ?
I doubt you know what it feels like ? Ask Sen.Mccain or even our own Gen.Buhari.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2010
Lol.i guess he's trying his luck.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by darqly(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2010
Well he's got my vote,as usual. I queued for him last time,and felt good knowing i was amongst the few that could at least tell what i was voting for. Maybe we should vote 'none of the above'.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by gogo123: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2010
Professional presidential aspirant, go find work do . I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR YOU. charlatan
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by ud4u: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2010
He said that God called him, so may be this time around God will remember him. Abi wetin you say make I talk.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by chelseabmw(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
this man should face the work of God na
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by rasputinn(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
Next please
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by rasputinn(m): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
BTW,I hope there's a law now prohibiting the release of N250 million or any funds for that matter to political parties,so many political jobbers have used this loophole to job Nigeria
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by otokx(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2010
He sure has cash to waste.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by ikengak: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2010
If at first u don't succeed its time to circumspect as to the possbilties of that venture being the way.we shld nt predicate success on religious proficiency. Cos from d past it did not exactly aid him all that well.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Acidosis(m): 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2010
This man never get tired of wasting money.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by eros(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
There is no harm in contesting again, hopefully someday he will win.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by baslone: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
Of course, he's going to keep contesting. It is a gimmick of enriching his

personal pocket. What do you expect when government give grants

yearly to political parties including those that have no single sitting Councillor

in power.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by MRD1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power" David Brin
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by chealbaby: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
you people will sit down and write whatsever you feel like writting, even if he contest 100 times is nobodys business the most important issue for us here is do we believe he can deliver? if yes lets help him get there , if the Americans can do it, the britons just did it who says we can not do it, if is babaginda , obasanjo everyone of you will be druming for their support , now a young and agile man willingly and able to rule this country you are saying all worth not, as for me i have never voted for anyone since he started and will neva vote for any if that person is not CHRIS OKOTIE i believe he can take us to that promise land everything should not be based on money is time we vote for change.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by sizzlers(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2010
good lol
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by wazobiang: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
yeah, the race must be complete. everybody is allowed. winners and losers alike.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/276735_okotie_jpge7f7a8062126cbfa9bda38981401cef7

this pastor biz good sha. dude's wife is hot

esp compared to him

anyone planning on marrying kosovo would be wise to talk to the lady on tips for coping with big grammer , since the good pastor is on par with obigiolgon or whatever they call the loquacious senator from edo
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by oge4real(f): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
What is eevn wrong with the man sef? I think he should check in with yaba left.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
I'm not surprised. Maybe he has been anointed to contest elections (who knows grin).
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by skyone(m): 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2010

[center]And thousands of morons will still die worshiping at his "centre for followers" sad[/center]
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by EvilBrain1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
oge4real:

What is eevn wrong with the man sef? I think he should check in with yaba left.

Its part of his gimmick. Plus it keeps him in the public eye. Big TV preachers need constant attention or they die.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Adonike(m): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Any eligible candidate can contest election for no restricted number of times.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by baslone: 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
chealbaby:

you people will sit down and write whatsever you feel like writting, even if he contest 100 times is nobodys business the most important issue for us here is do we believe he can deliver? if yes lets help him get there , if the Americans can do it, the britons just did it who says we can not do it, if is babaginda , obasanjo everyone of you will be druming for their support , now a young and agile man willingly and able to rule this country you are saying all worth not, as for me i have never voted for anyone since he started and will neva vote for any if that person is not CHRIS OKOTIE i believe he can take us to that promise land everything should not be based on money is time we vote for change.

It's late!!! Go to bed dude!!!
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by babaowo: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
this pastor should have give back to
his church members, instead of wasting
church money on politics. GUY MAN.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by philip0906(m): 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
@baslone
grin grin grin
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by sholleex(f): 12:17am On Jun 13, 2010
meen, i cant belive he will want to waste suchresources and time again!scheww!!! sad[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by Osama10(m): 12:27am On Jun 13, 2010
A Pastor Politician shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! by 9jafreak: 1:39am On Jun 13, 2010
*No Comments*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ To Visit OBAMA At The White House On 8th June 2011 / APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi / Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.