Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning (5570 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Abubakar Shekau, May Have Die Of Gunshot Wounds – JTF / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by oge4real(f): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2010
How did all 80 cows get to feed on the mangoes. Where they plucked by the herdsmen and given to them or did the cows eat from the floor? This will answer the question of intentional poisoning or it may be due to chemical contamination that may not necessarily be anybody's intent.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by 006(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
Seems like a false story to me sad
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by wirinet(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
my only question is, was it only the cows that eat the mangoes? why did not even one fulani herdsman not eat out of the mangoes, because poison that is strong enough to kill a cow would probably be strong enough to kill ten men.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by 190: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2010
this is all stupid

do cows now eat mangoes!!
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by ProAnti: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
80 cows die of mango poisoning!
60 poisoned cows were revived using local herbs!!!
80 minus 60 will give 20
OR
80 dead plus 60 revived equals 140 poisoned.

I no read the article well, abi I no understand am?

Hmmmmm! I've got questions.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by ProAnti: 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
At least 80 cows ate poisoned mangoes

Were the mangoes on trees?
If yes, do the mango trees belong to the herdsmen?

If no,
where the mangoes on the ground or in baskets by the roadside?

If they were in baskets, who were the owners?

How many mangos were eaten.

Did each cow eat one mango each, or two or more large cows shared one small mango?

If the mangos were on the ground littered all over the place, how come our herdsmen didn't suspect anything?

I can't imagine over a hundred mango fruits on the ground even under a mango tree.

Daily trust journalists should go back to school or change professions.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by xterra2(m): 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Now,i hope the Fulanis would not be annoyed to boiling point, Cus most likely they will accuse the beroms of poisioning the said mangoes and behold time to kill!
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by xterra2(m): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
006:

Seems like a false story to me sad

On todays daily trust print version the picture was on the front page (of the cows)
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by wirinet(m): 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
The cows most probably died of a contagious disease. If the relevant authorities are up to their responsibility, they should try and investigate before a bovine epidemic takes hold.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by kobikwelu(m): 12:04am On Jun 18, 2010
Seems like a false story to me

On todays daily trust print version the picture was on the front page (of the cows)

HOW COMES ITS ONLY DAILY TRUST THAT KEEPS ON GETTING THESE NEWS?

SHEY DAILY TRUST IS THAT HAUSA/FULANI NEWSPAPER?
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by xterra2(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2010
^^^^^^ No they are not hausa/fulani just that they CONCENTRATE MORE on the north
So goes to like sun they also CONCENTRATE more on the south
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
wirinet:

The cows most probably died of a contagious disease. If the relevant authorities are up to their responsibility, they should try and investigate before a bovine epidemic takes hold.
Pro Anti:

80 cows die of mango poisoning!
60 poisoned cows were revived using local herbs!!!
80 minus 60 will give 20
OR
80 dead plus 60 revived equals 140 poisoned.

I no read the article well, abi I no understand am?

Hmmmmm! I've got questions.
rotflmao
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by kobikwelu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
^^^^^^ No they are not hausa/fulani just that they CONCENTRATE MORE on the north
So goes to like sun they also CONCENTRATE more on the south

sorry to burst your bubble,

THEY ARE ACTUALLY HARDCORE NORTH!!!!!
they even have a hausa version (AMINYA)

they even have a muslim date grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

they just toned down their extremist views, just because they wanted to expand their market target, cos only the hausa/fulaniu/muslims were their only buyers,

try and read their editorial section and ull see enof of Israel bashing, danbazzau defending and jos fulani protectionism, nigeria (christian)media lampooning,

i mean its a sorry sight
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by 13volts(m): 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
kobikwelu:

sorry to burst your bubble,

THEY ARE ACTUALLY HARDCORE NORTH!!!!!
they even have a hausa version (AMINYA)

they even have a muslim date grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

they just toned down their extremist views, just because they wanted to expand their market target, cos only the hausa/fulaniu/muslims were their only buyers,

try and read their editorial section and ull see enof of Israel bashing, danbazzau defending and jos fulani protectionism, nigeria (christian)media lampooning,

i mean its a sorry sight

WikiAnswers - What vegetables and fruits do cows eat
Farm Animals question: What vegetables and fruits do cows eat? Well, almost all of them. the Shorter list is the ones to avoid, which are large quantities ,
wiki.answers.com/, /What_vegetables_and_fruits_do_cows_eat - Cached - SimilarWikiAnswers - What do cows eat besides grass and flowers
Farm Animals question: What do cows eat besides grass and flowers? They eat hay, vegetables, fruits like pears and apples. Some milk farmers feed their cows ,
wiki.answers.com/, /What_do_cows_eat_besides_grass_and_flowers - Cached - Similar
Show more results from wiki.answers.comKeeping A Family Cow - Will cows eat my fruit trees?
10 posts - 8 authors - Last post: 13 Jan 2007
Cows LOVE apples and pears and all parts of apple and pear trees. They also will eat citrus fruit (we are in CA), which makes the milk taste ,
familycow.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=cow&action, 6106 - Cached
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by 13volts(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=fruits+cow+eat

Do Cows Eat Carrots or Other Veggies ? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
20 Sep 2007 , Cows can eat carrots and most vegetables and fruits. Not only can they eat them but they enjoy them very much and produce well if given a ,
uk.answers.yahoo.com › , › Agriculture - Cached - Similar
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by kodewrita(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
Blame it on the mango. Are we sure they did not die of some disease they gained prior to eating someone's mangoes?

IDea: the farmer insured the mangoes with BLACK insurance (thou knowest what I mean).
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by babylishus: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
There's something here that bothers me though:

How can you poison a whole set of mangoes without risking the lives of the children and people around? We all know that kids love to climb mango trees and eat the fruit or even pick the fruit off the ground so, those who wanted to poison the cows were also ready to risk the lives of THEIR OWN PEOPLE AND KIDS in the process? That doesnt make sense.

Also was any autopsy performed on the animals by a reputable vet? What kind of poison was used? How exactly was it administered on the fruit? Did people climb the trees and coat EACH mango with poison?

Please, please people before we go into flaming rhetoric let's ask legitimate questions first, okay? undecided
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by kodewrita(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
@babylishus You realize that people will definitely look for an excuse to fight. Their cows died and they were ready to point fingers anywhere except in their own direction. that explains why.
Re: Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning by studM(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2012
4tune1: This is Wickedness. They should have face the owner instead of innocent Animals.

Pure wickedness,..indeed d heart of man is desperately wicked..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack / Abuja CSOs Staged Peaceful Rally At PHNC HQ Over Increase In Electricity Tarif / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.