Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? (16442 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House / ****hotels And Guest Houses In Lagos / Nice Hotels Or Guest Houses In Calabar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
Princek12:

Many people running their mouths here will be the same ones complaining if these hotels are minimally priced but their guests have to sleep in darkness or use a bucket and container to dispense water on their bodies when taking a shower rather than a standard shower dispenser.

There are definitely cheaper hotel options in Nigeria, but they do not offer the same amenities as the higher rated hotels.
Diesel is expensive, me people, especially if you have to buy it at black market rates during a scarcity.

Don't mind the hypocrites. . . . . .
No one out there sets up his business to make losses - HOTELS are not charity organizations and besides, they don't hold customers at gun point to pay exorbitant rates. If you can afford it - goodie!!!

If you cannot afford it, then go to a 1 star Hotel where electricity is not guaranteed and mosquitoes will suck 50% of your blood content.
U might also be lucky to get a short visit from the men of the underworld - they make a good company.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by oisehumen(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Sauron.

My point;  these hotels can still make good profit if they reduce their rates and pay employees more.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by kokoye(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
oisehumen:

@ Sauron.

My point; these hotels can still make good profit if they reduce their rates and pay employees more.

Reduce rates and pay more salaries??

Good profit is relative.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by raintree: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2010
Guys, do you have any idea how much is the average room rate for 2 to 3-star hotels in Abuja?  I'm curious.  Thanks!  
Just wanna know whether I can ever afford to visit Nigeria in the near future.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2010
~Sauron~:

Don't mind the hypocrites. . . . . .
No one out there sets up his business to make losses - HOTELS are not charity organizations and besides, they don't hold customers at gun point to pay exorbitant rates. If you can afford it - goodie!!!

If you cannot afford it, then go to a 1 star Hotel where electricity is not guaranteed and mosquitoes will suck 50% of your blood content.
U might also be lucky to get a short visit from the men of the underworld - they make a good company.

Sauron. . . .U speak ignorantly. The real reason why the hotels became over priced was because there was over patronage. Actually, if you go to many of these hotels, especially those ones in VI, they are usually fully booked. Infact there was a time that Protea Hotel in VI was fully booked ahead for about 3 months despite its exorbitant price. It has little or nothing to do with Diesel Costs or whatever you've said.

The Oil, stock market and Banking boom of 2007/08 had a huge role to play in influencing those prices.
Its a simple case of demand overtly outwitting supply.
If you notice, a lot of classy new hotels are springing up on the Island. When these hotels are completed, you will see how prices will crash dramatically despite the fact that they will still have to pay for their own electricity generation.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by oisehumen(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2010
Sure, good profit is relative.
The fact remains; their rates are damn too high.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by oisehumen(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Sauron. . . .U speak ignorantly. The real reason why the hotels became over priced was because there was over patronage. Actually, if you go to many of these hotels, especially those ones in VI, they are usually fully booked. Infact there was a time that Protea Hotel in VI was fully booked ahead for about 3 months despite its exorbitant price. It has little or nothing to do with Diesel Costs or whatever you've said.

The Oil, stock market and Banking boom of 2007/08 had a huge role to play in influencing those prices.
If you notice, a lot of classy new hotels are springing up on the Island. When these hotels are completed, you will see how prices will crash dramatically despite the fact that they will still have to pay for their own electricity generation.

GBAM! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You have said my mind jare. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
----Generally speaking buildings and facilities in Lagos are not well maintained and the Moorhouse now falls in to that category. The room (suite) I stayed in is in serious need of paint, the bathroom is in a sorry state, gardens are not maintained. There are pot plants on the balconies of the rooms and on the landings in front of the rooms - well the plants are dying as they are not being watered. I watered the plants every night during my stay and what a difference a bit of water can make to a plant.

I had guests over for dinner at the Moorhouse restaurant. It took 1 hour for the starters to be served and another hour before the main course arrived. At that stage we decided to give deserts and coffee a miss.

No return to the Moorhouse for me.

----Not recommended. The hot water in the hotel has not functioned for over a month, except for one week when there was only hot water but no cold water at all. For some reason, at night there is only one person working besides security personnel, so it takes a tremendous amount of time to check in, check out, retrieve luggage or do any other reasonable thing.

review on a $410 hotel

you really cant blame the government for these 'little' things
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by NaijaNaWaa: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
I've stayed in some "no name" hotels and penzions in Europe whose architecture, decor, environment, services, etc will make the Abuja Hilton look like an Ajegunle shanty and whose room rates are like 10% of an average VI hotel. I think that it is the forces of demand and supply - for those who understand basic economics - that is at play rather than diesel and water. If diesel and water are so expensive to account for the high cost of Nija hotels then millions of ordinary Nigerians who provide these same services in their homes and offices all year round cannot afford them.

Recently I attended a conference and stayed in sea-side Resort (managed by Continental) in East Africa. The rates are far cheaper than some run-off the mill VI shanty hotels and yet they're fully booked. Another striking observation was that their guests were 99.9% foreigners mainly Westerners on holiday unlike in Nija where 95% of the guests are local looters and thieves. Another striking difference was that thro out my week long stay, the number of vehicles in the car parks were less than 5 at any given time. You'll be lucky if u ever find a parking space at Abuja Hilton or Sheraton where the thieves spend their loots and park all their cars.

It all boils down to supply and demand. Perhaps there are fewer hotels to meet an increasing demand. And what worries me the most is the poor architecture, design and decor of Nija hotels especiallly in Abuja. Those shanties cannot be allowed to stand in a society where there're building regulations. And yet they charge so much for so little. Diesel my foot.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Sauron. . . .U speak ignorantly. The real reason why the hotels became over priced was because there was over patronage. Actually, if you go to many of these hotels, especially those ones in VI, they are usually fully booked.

U are the ignoramus here, amigo.
The cost of running this paradise in Nigeria is on the high side. . . . .Over-patronage has got nothing to do with this.

Infact there was a time that Protea Hotel in VI was fully booked ahead for about 3 months despite its exorbitant price. It has little or nothing to do with Diesel Costs or whatever you've said.

Completely ignoring the fact that Nigeria as a country have no middle-class citizens.
The rich are stinkingly rich and the poor are disgustingly poverty-stricken. Unfortunately, the 2 sets of people shop in the same market.
$486 per night is chicken feed to some Nigerians and to be completely honest, they don't care what the other class think of these prices. . . .
Blame the government, not the Hotel Owners.

Eko Hotel charged $300 for a single room in 2003 - once again, your theory has failed.
These prices have been there since the fall of man - since one Nigerian can own up to 80 cars in his compound and his next door neighbour cannot afford 3 square meals.
Ask yourself this question - How did these hotels survive before the oil/stock market/bank boom of 2007/8?

These new hotels will spring up and charge the same(if not more) than the existing hotels.
As long as there's corruption and mismanagement of funds in Nigeria, Hotels will continue to make massive profits.
It's a market open for exploitation. I say LET THEM EXPLOIT it.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by oisehumen(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

----Generally speaking buildings and facilities in Lagos are not well maintained and the Moorhouse now falls in to that category. The room (suite) I stayed in is in serious need of paint, the bathroom is in a sorry state, gardens are not maintained. There are pot plants on the balconies of the rooms and on the landings in front of the rooms - well the plants are dying as they are not being watered. I watered the plants every night during my stay and what a difference a bit of water can make to a plant.

I had guests over for dinner at the Moorhouse restaurant. It took 1 hour for the starters to be served and another hour before the main course arrived. At that stage we decided to give deserts and coffee a miss.

No return to the Moorhouse for me.

----Not recommended. The hot water in the hotel has not functioned for over a month, except for one week when there was only hot water but no cold water at all. For some reason, at night there is only one person working besides security personnel, so it takes a tremendous amount of time to check in, check out, retrieve luggage or do any other reasonable thing.

review on a $410 hotel

you really cant blame the government for these 'little' things

Yes, blame the government for not providing electricity and water.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Blame the government for not providing electricity and water occasioned for the slow service delivery and dilapidated building. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2010
Sauron

you cant justify the prohibitive rates they charge in Lagos and Abuja?

Have u been to Grand Hotel in Asaba? have u slept in Nike Lake in Enugu? what about Ada resort

these are hotels that can compete favourably with the hotels in Lagos and abuja and they suffer the same structural neglect (Nepa and co)
As a matter of fact, the hotels in Lagos and abuja are way too below standard for the rates they charge

have u been to moorhouse? 50,000 for wetin?
$150 dollar hotels in Dubai are far better than our 50,000 hotels in lagos and abuja.
In Ghana, the hotels are moderately priced except labadi which is a luxury hotel and one can understand why they charge the current rates

Our hotels cannot hide under the high cost of diesel and fuel and charge me 350 dollars per nite when the the services they are rendering are crap.
Hotels in other african countries are top notch and yet they charge (150 dolls)
terrou bi (dakar), jakaranda (nairobi), the beach hotels in mombassa, and even in banjui

trust me, i have slept in many hotels i can swear with ma life that hotels in Nigeria are below par and over priced

and Sauron, im sure u know say i be stakeholder for suite XVIII so i shd know what im saying
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2010
Eko Hotel charged $300 for a single room in 2003 - once again, your theory has failed.
These prices have been there since the fall of man - since one Nigerian can own up to 80 cars in his compound and his next door neighbour cannot afford 3 square meals
EKO Suites na correct hotel and they know what they are doing

Kuramo lodge also is anothe good one targeting another niche- u cannot compare EKO with Sofitel and yet, Sofitel will tell me to pay 45k for that dingy room they offer

nah!!

have u been to all those abuja Hotels? Valencia, Chelsea, Sheraton and co?
na disaster dem be
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

Sauron

you cant justify the prohibitive rates they charge in Lagos and Abuja?
Have u been to Grand Hotel in Asaba? have u slept in Nike Lake in Enugu? what about Ada resort
these are hotels that can compete favourably with the hotels in Lagos and abuja and they suffer the same structural neglect (Nepa and co)
As a matter of fact, the hotels in Lagos and abuja are way too below standard for the rates they charge

Asaba and Enugu are in the villages.
A one bedroom in Victoria Island is more expensive than a 5 bedroom duplex in Asaba.
Jeeeez, don't compare the cost of living in Enugu to Abuja.
People don't get paid Lagos rates in Asaba. . . . .

have u been to moorhouse? 50,000 for wetin?
$150 dollar hotels in Dubai are far better than our 50,000 hotels in lagos and abuja.
In Ghana, the hotels are moderately priced except labadi which is a luxury hotel and one can understand why they charge the current rates

In Dubai, their government have provided security, electricity, portable water, etc.
In Nigeria, hotel owners have to provide such themselves with little dependence on the crap the Naija government have provided.
There's a universe of difference between the 2 worlds.

Our hotels cannot hide under the high cost of diesel and fuel and charge me 350 dollars per nite when the the services they are rendering are crap.
Hotels in other african countries are top notch and yet they charge (150 dolls)
terrou bi (dakar), jakaranda (nairobi), the beach hotels in mombassa, and even in banjui

That is because Dakar, Nairobi and Banjui have the basics the Hotel Owners in Nigeria have to pay for. . . .

trust me, i have slept in many hotels i can swear with ma life that hotels in Nigeria are below par and over priced
and Sauron, im sure u know say i be stakeholder for suite XVIII so i shd know what im saying  

I am not disputing the fact that they are overpriced. . . . .Of course, they are but there's a reason for it.
When your government provide the basic necessities of life, these prices will go down.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Asaba and Enugu are in the villages.
A one bedroom in Victoria Island is more expensive than a 5 bedroom duplex in Asaba.
Jeeeez, don't compare the cost of living in Enugu to Abuja.
People don't get paid Lagos rates in Asaba. . . . .
error!!!

the bankers in lagos and asaba earn the same salary

try another line

Hotels in Accra and Tema are same

Hotels in mombassa and Nairobi are same

Hotels in Preoria and Jobourg carry the same rate

why should a location impact on the rate u charge for more than 300% what economic explanation can you adduce to that?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

error!!!
the bankers in lagos and asaba earn the same salary
try another line

The standard of living in a village and a city will always differ.
How much is a 5 bedroom duplex in Asaba compared to the same one in Old Ikoyi.
Get back to me on that. grin

Hotels in Accra and Tamale are same
Hotels in mombassa and Nairobi are same
Hotels in Preoria and Jobourg carry the same rate

why should a location impact on the rate u charge for more than 300% what economic explanation can you adduce to that?

What political explanation can you adduce to the fact that a country as huge in resources as Nigeria cannot provide electricity 24/7.
When you gimme that answer, i will get back to you on yours.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
In Dubai, their government have provided security, electricity, portable water, etc.
In Nigeria, hotel owners have to provide such themselves with little dependence on the crap the Naija government have provided.
There's a universe of difference between the 2 worlds
you sure dont understand what ure saying

how much is their provision for electricity, security and water that will justify more than 300% anomaly in pricing?

give or take, apart from the face value, provision for opex to cover all you highlighted shdnt carry more than 50% of the real value of the hotel (realistic pricing)

assuming the govts provided all the amenities, pricing shd be around 150-200 circa
How did they arrive at the extra 150 dolls?

and how do u explain the substandard nature of the hotels despite the fact that they are charging more than the usual price
arent they supposed to measure up in standard with the other hotels all over the world?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2010
The standard of living in a village and a city will always differ.
How much is a 5 bedroom duplex in Asaba compared to the same one in Old Ikoyi.
Get back to me on that.

red herring

stick to the argument

1) They are over priced

2) They are substandard

they can explain the pricing, whats the explanation for the rubbish state of the hotels?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

you sure dont understand what ure saying
how much is their provision for electricity, security and water that will justify more than 300% anomaly in pricing?

How many times in a week do the Hotels get 24/7 electricity from NEPA?
It's simple math - Do the ratio of the number of generator hours to the number of NEPA hours in a week then transpose it to a year. grin

give or take, apart from the face value, provision for opex to cover all you highlighted shdnt carry more than 50% of the real value of the hotel (realistic pricing)
assuming the govts provided all the amenities, pricing shd be around 150-200 circa
How did they arrive at the extra 150 dolls?

It doesn't work that way. . . . .
The extra $150 came from other basic things your government has failed to provide and these things are what you(the customer) expects to get in a Hotel. Wouldn't you frown if your Hotel taps don't run hot water? Telephone or an ordinary broadband internet?

and how do u explain the substandard nature of the hotels despite the fact that they are charging more than the usual price
arent they supposed to measure up in standard with the other hotels all over the world?

EKO Hotel is substandard? grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by harakiri(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
Don't blame the hotels.If there was constant power supply in this country, it would be different.For instance, imagine yourself having a 40-room hotel and you have just 2 people occupying the cheapest rooms at N5,000 per day/nite and they both checked in during the day time.You are forced to burn diesel from daytime, through the nite till day break.At the end of the day, you've spent more on diesel that what they paid to lodge.And you have a hotel to run,staff to pay and your own personal bills.It's not easy.Don't blame them.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2010
How many times in a week do the Hotels get 24/7 electricity from NEPA?
It's simple math - Do the ratio of the number of generator hours to the number of NEPA hours in a week then transpose it to a year.

now ure at it again

so the hotels in Asaba dont suffer the same epileptic power supply?
what are u saying sef?

i can tell u, its all charade. No one in Lagos can justify it and its cos its a free for all biz

just ask the people running the hotel and have a laff dont tell me what is not

why do they sell coke for 800 naira?

because of NEPA?

ure not alright o grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2010
harakiri:

Don't blame the hotels.If there was constant power supply in this country, it would be different.For instance, imagine yourself having a 40-room hotel and you have just 2 people occupying the cheapest rooms at N5,000 per day/nite and they both checked in during the day time.You are forced to burn diesel from daytime, through the nite till day break.At the end of the day, you've spent more on diesel that what they paid to lodge.And you have a hotel to run,staff to pay and your own personal bills.It's not easy.Don't blame them.
what hotels charge 5,000 and run diesel for just 2 people?

and by the way, is 5,000 exhorbitant?
we are talking about hotels that charge 50,000 and close the day with almost 100% occupancy

we are not talking about motels in down town puerto rico grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

now ure at it again

so the hotels in Asaba dont suffer the same epileptic power supply?
what are u saying sef?

Not as much as Lagos. . . . .
Land phones work in those region and i can bet they won't have the same portable water problems like Lagos residents.
All these little things count - and we are talking about catering for an average of 50-100 Hotel guests everyday.

i can tell u, its all charade. No one in Lagos can justify it and its cos its a free for all biz
just ask the people running the hotel and have a laff dont tell me what is not
why do they sell coke for 800 naira?
because of NEPA?

ure not alright o grin grin grin

Coke for 800 naira?
You are taking the coke in a posh environment(under A/C, no insect, no air pollution). grin grin grin
On top of that, add tax and service charge to it.
Trust me, N800 is cheap, sef.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by DisGuy: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
harakiri:

and the days they are getting full capacity with their exorbitant price? If the management is good they will get local business to patronise them for their conference and also have long term regulars; chances are these hotels wont bring their prices down  even if there is constant power supply, they have a way of fixinf their price bringing out some other excuse, the cost of diesel is not affecting airline doing N6000 promos
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Pennywise(m): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2010
NaijaNaWaa:

I've stayed in some "no name" hotels and penzions in Europe whose architecture, decor, environment, services, etc will make the Abuja Hilton look like an Ajegunle shanty and whose room rates are like 10% of an average VI hotel. I think that it is the forces of demand and supply - for those who understand basic economics - that is at play rather than diesel and water. If diesel and water are so expensive to account for the high cost of Nija hotels then millions of ordinary Nigerians who provide these same services in their homes and offices all year round cannot afford them.

Recently I attended a conference and stayed in sea-side Resort (managed by Continental) in East Africa. The rates are far cheaper than some run-off the mill VI shanty hotels and yet they're fully booked. Another striking observation was that their guests were 99.9% foreigners mainly Westerners on holiday unlike in Nija where 95% of the guests are local looters and thieves. Another striking difference was that thro out my week long stay, the number of vehicles in the car parks were less than 5 at any given time. You'll be lucky if u ever find a parking space at Abuja Hilton or Sheraton where the thieves spend their loots and park all their cars.

It all boils down to supply and demand. Perhaps there are fewer hotels to meet an increasing demand. And what worries me the most is the poor architecture, design and decor of Nija hotels especiallly in Abuja. Those shanties cannot be allowed to stand in a society where there're building regulations. And yet they charge so much for so little. Diesel my foot.

Oh boy, I feel you. It is not all diesel and taxes. A lot of it depends on price fixing by the numerous quasi-legal hotel associations that abound. They tend to be very active in certain towns which makes hotel rates in these places defy logic.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Coke for 800 naira?
You are taking the coke in a posh environment(under A/C, no insect, no air pollution).  
On top of that, add tax and service charge to it.
Trust me, 800 pounds is cheap, sef.

grin grin grin grin

coke is 50 in open market

now ure justifying the 750 extra

u dey crase grin grin

do u know how much these guys sell moet on fridays? or even ordinary cuban cigars?

ol boi, Lagos hotels, clubs are just mad

u cant justify what they are doing; when i grow up like Dangote

ill seek ma own pound of flesh from Nigerians
maga must pay me too
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by harakiri(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

what hotels charge 5,000 and run diesel for just 2 people?

and by the way, is 5,000 exhorbitant?
we are talking about hotels that charge 50,000 and close the day with almost 100% occupancy

we are not talking about motels in down town puerto rico grin grin

I was lodged in a hotel when i visited Calabar early last year for 3 days.On the first nite, there were no more than 5 customers.On the second nite, it was down to three.On my final nite, there were just two of us.What do you expect the hotel management to do?To keep us in heat and darkness coz they want to save costs? Some people who lodge in hotels have decent houses and just want to space away from their environment so who would want to lodge in a room that is no different from a holding cell?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

grin grin grin grin
coke is 50 in open market
now ure justifying the 750 extra
u dey crase grin grin

750 extra is not too bad for a place like Eko Hotel.
A glass of coke in any dinghy pub in the UK is about £3.50

do u know how much these guys sell moet on fridays? or even ordinary cuban cigars?
ol boi, Lagos hotels, clubs are just mad
u cant justify what they are doing; when i grow up like Dangote

These Hotels are not there to cater for Bankers or Lecturers.
They target Politicians, Contractors and 'em corrupt Senators and these class of people don't complain.

ill seek ma own pound of flesh from Nigerians
maga must pay me too

Now you are talking. . . . . .
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
harakiri:

I was lodged in a hotel when i visited Calabar early last year for 3 days.On the first nite, there were no more than 5 customers.On the second nite, it was down to three.On my final nite, there were just two of us.What do you expect the hotel management to do?To keep us in heat and darkness coz they want to save costs? Some people who lodge in hotels have decent houses and just want to space away from their environment so who would want to lodge in a room that is no different from a holding cell?

what hotel is that?

Protea Obudu enjoys healthy patronage from peeps
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by yinka85: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Sauron These Hotels are not there to cater for Bankers or Lecturers.
Their target Politicians, Contractors and 'em corrupt Senators and these class of people don't complain

[quote][/quote]

Now you are been sincere,so please drop your overhead/running cost sermon henceforth.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by IRAPADA(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
Our leader in abuja shd b blame nt d hotel ower cos most pay huge amont on fuel daily and securities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Visas From Nigeria / Ogun, Lagos To Toll Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.