Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? (16441 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House / ****hotels And Guest Houses In Lagos / Nice Hotels Or Guest Houses In Calabar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

well, you may have more experience with four star nigerian hotels than me, but i doubt a hotel is overpriced if it delivers top notch service.

i agree customer service in nigeria leaves much to be desired, but anyone who knows a way to improve the situation, should share his/her ideals with us. I'm all ears.

$260 per night isnt too much if you can afford it, imo. Pricey, yes, i agree. The service just has to be classy.

classy in what sense?

rose petals on the bed?

those hotels are overpriced!

simple !
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2010
the food was boring (breakfast)

true, because the portions seem a bit smaller than what obtains in the western world.

and the food is foreign, not naija.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

novotel cotonou:

$134-$151 per night, single room.

3 star hotel.

http://www.novotel.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml

So Novotel is 3 star
how about Sofitel? isnt Novotel a higher brand?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

classy in what sense?

rose petals on the bed?

those hotels are overpriced!

simple !

classy meaning classy!!!!!

rose petals has nothing to do with classy!

end of discussion!
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

true, because the portions seem a bit smaller than what obtains in the western world.

and the food is foreign, not naija.

grin grin grin
dont let me whoze u from here o grin

i cant remember telling u im FFO

u need to check out one of the restaurants in Transcorp
thats what they call food abeg
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

Ive only slept in tht Ikoyi place once
apart from the small bed, i found the whole place crampy

Small TV and the food was boring (breakfast)

I still refer Protea (Kuramo Lodge) to Softel tho

meanwhile, these hotels aint 4 star o

most of these hotels no go pass 2 or 3 star grin grin

im not sure EKO Hotel is 5 star sef

5 star bawo? with the cockroaches in the rooms?  grin

the television sets are not even plasma or LCD (except if that has changed)

easyjet's hotels here are wayyyy better.

The only thing 5 star-ish about Eko hotel is their food  kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

EKO Hotel get food

Go to the Penthouse and see an overview of VI, with some cool music at the background
EKO dey try for food

Meridien in PH is ok too. I think that was 2007 tho, dont know if standard has dropped
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

grin grin grin
dont let me whoze u from here o grin

i cant remember telling u im FFO

u need to check out one of the restaurants in Transcorp
thats what they call food abeg

american portions are typically bigger than even european ones.

and naija portions are even smaller than that.

anyway, i tend to eat mainly naija food when i'm in naija, so i better defer to you on this matter.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

american portions are typically bigger than even european ones.

and naija portions are even smaller than that.

anyway, i tend to eat mainly naija food when i'm in naija, so i have to defer for you on this matter.
hehehehe

Edi kain kong and co

Tpiah Tpiah iyawo Sauron grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

EKO Hotel get food

Go to the Penthouse and see an overview of VI, with some cool music at the background
EKO dey try for food

Meridien in PH is ok too. I think that was 2007 tho, dont know if standard has dropped

Protea @ ikeja GRA is good as well.
Good food but pricey.

I do not know about the standard of their rooms cos i did not lodge there.

tkb, btw: you sabi 'ajisafe rice' restaurant for GRA ?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

Protea @ ikeja GRA is good as well.
Good food but pricey.

I do not know about the standard of their rooms cos i did not lodge there.

tkb, btw: you sabi 'ajisafe rice' restaurant for GRA ?
No i dont know ajisafe rice o

what street is the place?

ive never stepped inside the Protea in GRA
the places i visit in GRA are strictly Barcelos and The Place
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by dancewith: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nigerian hotels sure seems overpriced even with the higher overhead

I spent some nights at Bestwestern toronto and paid $54 per night. That is like N8,370 @ N155 per dollar

The last time I was home, I stayed at Bestwestern (Just opposite bar beach) at ahmadu Bello way, V/I at a whopping N45,000! I got the heck out the next day

It wasnt worth it
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

No i dont know ajisafe rice o

what street is the place?

my dear, it is located on ajisafe street, GRA ikeja.

i never knew such place existed until one bobo carry me go there oh.

the area is actually gated with secuity manning the gate. so before you drive in, you will be quizzed on where you are going to, which you will simply answer 'ajisafe rice'  grin

theres actually a pedestrian gate (a street opposite sweet sensation/just beside 'the place). so you can park at the sensation carpark, cross the road and find your way there.

tkb, go and eat that rice+stew and revert back to me.
lets see if you wont thank me for such nice recommendation  grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

my dear, it is located on ajisafe street, GRA ikeja.

i never knew such place existed until one bobo carry me go there oh.

the area is actually gated with secuity manning the gate. so before you drive in, you will be quizzed on where you are going to, which you will simply answer 'ajisafe rice' grin

theres actually a pedestrian gate (a street opposite sweet sensation/just beside 'the place). so you can park at the sensation carpark, cross the road and find your way there.

tkb, go and eat that rice+stew and revert back to me.
lets see if you wont thank me for such nice recommendation grin grin grin
hehehe

ill try it before the end of July grin grin grin
waka waka no go wound u

abi u don discover pompey rice for UK sef? cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

hehehe

waka waka no go wound u

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin grin grin

tkb417:

where is that on the map ?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
dancewith:

Nigerian hotels sure seems overpriced even with the higher overhead

I spent some nights at Bestwestern toronto and paid $54 per night. That is like N8,370 @ N155 per dollar

The last time I was home, I stayed at Bestwestern (Just opposite bar beach) at ahmadu Bello way, V/I at a whopping N45,000! I got the heck out the next day

It wasnt worth it
Bestwestern?
ehn ehn; i know the hotel but didnt know its called bestwestern
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by yinka85: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

hehehe

waka waka no go wound u

TKB417 and co,it seems we are going off topic and I doubt if restaurants and eateries are part of the information that the poster is asking for.

Just my opinion.

Poster please respond.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
yinka85:

TKB417 and co,it seems we are going off topic and I doubt if restaurants and eateries are part of the information that the poster is asking for.

Just my opinion.

Poster please respond.

go siddon jo grin
am sure you have made a mental note of that restaurant and you might stop there on your next visit to naija grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
yinka85:

Just my opinion.

Poster please respond.
we have responded sir/ma to the thread

a question about a particular place in GRA shouldnt mean the thread is being derailed

olopa; no vex o
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin grin grin

where is that on the map ?

wetin?
u dey code from people?

u dey owe person for UK?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by funkybaby(f): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
tkb417:

wetin?
u dey code from people?

u dey owe person for UK?

grin grin grin
not at all. just trying to tell you that there is not much action here compared to the trips i have at naija.

i am yet to come across a naija restaurant here sef  undecided how much more a place that sells rice+stew as good as ajisafe's grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpia5: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Sauron1: 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2010
funkybaby:

Eko Hotel is a 5 star hotel.

funkybaby:

grin grin grin
not at all. just trying to tell you that there is not much action here compared to the trips i have at naija.

i am yet to come across a naija restaurant here sef  undecided how much more a place that sells rice+stew as good as ajisafe's grin

U need to relocate ASAP!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpia5: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
mr come chop

amuwo odofin

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpia5: 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
travel house budget hotels lekki

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^ Which kain rubbish hotels be that? shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by yinka85: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Looks like the post graduate hall of one Nigerian university that I know of.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
FL Gators:

did you see the price starting at N9000?

are you expecting the hotel to be priced @ 70 kobo or N50?

in any case, the photos are for come chop who was bragging about one chalet somewhere as if the chalet even looks impressive?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
toilets

from same site.

if you go there and the toilets are black, filthy and crawling with roaches, let us know!
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by NaijaNaWaa: 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Posted by tpia

the issue i have with many people here is the generalization.

[b]especially the one moaning about not finding parking space at abuja sheraton, and who was comparing that with the parking in some other country.

simply daft, imo.[/b]btw my sharaton post wasnt meant to be taken seriously.

Apparently, you're here to do some cheap PR for Nigeria's dirty and overpriced run-off-the-mill guest shanties that you call hotel! I don't expect a paid PR agent like you to make any sense of a simple statement that you consider daft cos you're too dumb and blind to see.

My point, is that unlike in Nigeria where most hotels are occupied by local looters, thieves and their hangers-on, who naturally bring their convoy of exotic cars to occupy every available parking space, elsewhere the reverse is the case. I've no time for a detailed response right now but you try visiting anyother country other than Nigeria and check into their hotels.

I repeat that the shanties that go for hotels in Nigeria are too over-priced and that in some decent societies, some of them will be considered unfit for human habitation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Visas From Nigeria / Ogun, Lagos To Toll Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.