Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? (16438 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House / ****hotels And Guest Houses In Lagos / Nice Hotels Or Guest Houses In Calabar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by tpiah: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
NaijaNaWaa:

Posted by tpia

Apparently, you're here to do some cheap PR for Nigeria's dirty and overpriced run-off-the-mill guest shanties that you call hotel! I don't expect a paid PR agent like you to make any sense of a simple statement that you consider daft cos you're too dumb and blind to see.

My point, is that unlike in Nigeria where most hotels are occupied by local looters, thieves and their hangers-on, who naturally bring their convoy of exotic to those hotels, elsewhere the reverse is the case. I've no time for a detailed response right now but you try visiting anyother country other than Nigeria and check into their hotels.

I repeat that the shanties that go for hotels in Nigeria are too over-priced and that in some decent societies, some of them will be considered unfit for human habitation.

^^ name call all you want!

must people stay at ajegunle to please you?

na you sabi your fellow looters, armed robbers and whatever who you meet at specific hotels for naija!

if you never met anyone who got rich through their own honest sweat that's your own wahala!

werent you the one making some daft comparisons about parking lots?

to hear some of you talk, one would think nobody ever experienced bad hotels outside nigeria before?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by mbulela: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

toilets

from same site.

if you go there and the toilets are black, filthy and crawling with roaches, let us know!
i know this joint.
had a folk of mine who was working in lagos for a short term,had no where to stay and did not need a long term accommodation, stay here.
the amenities are basic but clean.
the service was very courteous.
it is a place to stay, if you have (or don't want to stay with) relatives and intend spending like a week or two on the island for business (not pleasure o).
however, the location is a problem.
it is a 2 0r 3 star motel.
Does not pretend to be anything else but meets and even slightly exceeds expectation.
This opinion is based on my folk's stay 18 months ago.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by shotster50(m): 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
Fact is what we call luxury in Nigeria is totally different from what others percieve as luxury. Even in the so called 5 star hotels, you still find some level of negligence and appalling customer service. (No one ever seems to have a clue about anything).
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by chika98: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2010
shotster50:

Fact is what we call luxury in Nigeria is totally different from what others percieve as luxury. Even in the so called 5 star hotels, you still find some level of negligence and appalling customer service. (No one ever seems to have a clue about anything).

Most of them haven't got a clue what customer service means.

One time someone I know when shopping in Nigeria. . the shop owner told her to stop looking and moving things about
if she wasn't going to buy them. Can you imagine?
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by comechop1: 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2010
Some more pic of my holiday rental house self service. just bring only ur cloths and all u need in a house is waiting for u from books, toy for kids, magazines, games, kids pool and tree house. the house is all urs just half the price of an ordinary hotel room for a family. grin

Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by waladis(m): 3:27am On Jun 29, 2010
denony:

they are way over-priced.
stop the light and water service addition, how can one pay 50k per night
almost $350.

what are they offering compared to the ones abroad who charge cheaper with everything served really well.

Ashawo too dey inclusive grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by hotbizStan: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2010
Why don't you compare prices or any other thing you are looking for from different Nigeria hotels by calling them on their phone numbers. At www.tourismhotspotnigeria.com you choose a state in Nigeria and all the hotels, bars and nightclubs with their details appears. It has got hotels of EVERY state in Nigeria.
Re: Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
yesthey arefreaking expensive angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? / Zimbabwe Visas From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.