Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (31301 Views)

Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
krendo:

The law of the land clearly says simple majority is all you need for election but 2/3 is required for impeachment

If you don’t like this law then go and change it until then Saraki remains Senate President

You guys need to learn to obey the law even when it does not favour you. We are not in some motor park!
did the law of the land also say that some of the senators (even if they are minority) should be denied the right to cast their votes?

for your mind now you sabi law!!!

we the people of nigeria definitely deserve the leaders and the country we get.

useless country useless people.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Noblechykk(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
krendo:

Exactly

The kind of nonsense arguments they make you will think the NASS is some town hall meeting with no constitution done in some village square!
My brother I tire o
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by simols(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Chai Nigerians politicians, god is watching all of you. I will not comment
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by famology(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dogara what's wrong with you?You look so dejected!Cheer up man, the political terrain is gonna get hotter than this in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
The blame for what Nigeria has become falls on you and me. Not Buhari, not Jonathan, not Obasanjo and definitely not Abacha.

Our wickedness stinks to the heavens as we go about our daily lives, pulling down everyone and everything to become rich. We import substandard products, fake drugs and expired baby food unfit for human consumption and we have the nerve to complain about leadership?

We even steal from widows, orphans, and refugees. We take their food and sell it for profit. No conscience. Nothing is sacred. No one is spared. We build substandard roads, schools, houses, hospitals, all for profit at the expense of human life;an invaluable item which all our profit and contract sum cannot buy.

One would think this behavior is reserved for urchins but it would surprise you that this is the character of many decent looking people who appear to be normal but are not any better than Boko Haram members. They are church members, Muslims, husbands, wives and sadly youths.

We pervert justice and pretend we do not know right from wrong just to serve our selfish interests. Slave traders pale in comparison to what we do to ourselves. We are wickedness personified. So much hatred flows in our blood and we transfer it to our children. It's evident in what we say and do.

We have fasting and prayer sessions all year long, night vigils and deliverance when the actual problem is us. We simply cannot learn to love others . It is me, me, me. That is all that ever matters. It is sickening. Anyone who cannot love has no business in politics, Government and in Nigeria. Until we understand this, we will continue on this path of destruction.

I can Change, You can Change, They can Change and We can Change by Sharing and Spreading this message....Change starts with Me....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by otherway: 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Noblechykk:

Accept my sympathy for the loss of your brain

Just start preparing your suicide note and same advise for all of your barking like a raven mad dog against Buhari.

He will win come next year and there is nothing any of you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Baawaa(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
I think, Akpabio is more honourable than Saraki
Or what do you think?
Saraki is nothing but criminal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Noblechykk(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:
did the law of the land also say that some of the senators (even if they are minority) should be denied the right to cast their votes?

And who was denied such privilege?
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
otherway:

You are the foolish one here.

Was he elected by two-third? YES OR NO.

When someone prides himself in ignorance he is beyond redemption.

Was he elected by 2/3? Capital No
Can he be removed by less than 2/3? Capital No

A minimum of 73 senators are required to impeach saraki.72 senators cannot even remove him

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by evansjeff(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Translation: I won't leave.

Your family don rob us tire for Kwara State, but one can't help but admire how you are schooling Buhari the Dullard

Imagine this slàve undecided

There's nothing wrong in admiring your slàve master though
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Bizibi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
Or what do you think?
APC have a ticking bomb in their midst......
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Johnnyessence(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
the executive arm of government should quickly sign the Inec amendment election sequence bill to law.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Or what do you think?

There is no how Akpabio could have continued as teh leader of the PDP having decamped to the APC.Saraki however is the senate president of the FRN and not that of the APC cool cool

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Iblad0994:
Rubbish. Did you get elected by two-third of the whole senate?

I know some Nigerians will still be praising this one for the comment. We really deserve the type of leaders we have.
The rule is simple sir! You need just simple majority to be elected SP. To remove, you need 2/3 . In thus case 87 senators. Bad news for Oshomole and Buhari

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by BlackPantherxXx: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:

evansjeff to his useless father:
Imagine this slàve undecided

There's nothing wrong in admiring your slàve master though

My condolences. wink
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by VULCAN(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Thank you for educating him.

krendo:

The law of the land clearly says simple majority is all you need for election but 2/3 is required for impeachment

If you don’t like this law then go and change it until then Saraki remains Senate President

You guys need to learn to obey the law even when it does not favour you. We are not in some motor park!
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Temptee101(m): 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
otherway:

Clueless teenager. Go and get your pocket money from daddy please and stop disturbing the cyber space.
By their comments, you shall know them
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by linearity: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Iblad0994:
Rubbish. Did you get elected by two-third of the whole senate?

I know some Nigerians will still be praising this one for the comment. We really deserve the type of leaders we have.

He was elected by a unanimous vote by all Senators present, after forming a quorum. So, it was more than 2/3rd majority.

So he was elected legally and as per the Senate rules.

Technically, you don’t need 2/3rd of all members to impeach him....all you need is 2/3rd of members present after forming a quorum.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by kitaatita: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
8 questions for Saraki and his gang
1. The National Assembly was on recess. What were his camp of NASS membership doing at the complex at that early morning?
2). The leadership summoned meeting of Principal Officers. Were Ben Bruce, Dino Melaye and co part of the Principal Officers?
3). Ben Bruce and gang granted interview on TV and alleged that members of APC were driven in buses into the complex while PDP members were disallowed entry. Does he stand by his story, even after gaining access and discovering that no APC member was in the complex?
4). At the time the twitter Senator announced that Akpabio was on his way to overthrow democracy (Saraki), Akpabio was being received in Uyo. Is it possible that Akpabio is using a body double?
5). Who invited PDP Chief thug, Deji Adeyanju into the complex to heckle and harass the lone APC member who later turned up? Is Deji Adeyanju a member of NASS and Principal Officer?
6). Apart from the tales of Saraki gang, where else could one get any information of plans to impeach Saraki on Tuesday?
7). Is it likely that the Presidency which had pleaded with NASS to reconvene and consider important state matters will frustrate its sitting?
cool. Considering the rapport between the Senate and DSS leadership as exhibited in discreditable report on EFCC Chair, is it not plausible that the entire thing was staged by the Saraki gang to whip sentiments and avoid sitting to serve Nigerians?
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
Noblechykk:

And who was denied such privilege?
the senate was supposed to resume by 9am that day.

the APC scheduled an early meeting for 8am to resolve the disagreements and front a single candidate.

saraki connived with a few APC lawmakers and the PDP lawmakers and started the season earlier than the scheduled time.

he then traded away the deputy senate presidency in the process.

the answer to the question you seek is in this little brief i have given you.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Frankiss44(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:

Where were those senators when others were casting their votes?
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Akiika: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki locked out his party members in a selfish bid to become senate president. He is here whining over 2/3 to get impeached.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Falcaoalih123: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
APC lack spiritual power to impeach bukola Saraki, their need mamiwater power to fight Saraki bcoz that man call Saraki nah Illuminati power e the use ooooo grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Frankiss44(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:

the APC scheduled an early meeting for 8am to resolve the disagreements and front a single candidate.

saraki comnived with a few APC lawmakers and the PDP lawmakers and started the season earlier than the scheduled time.

the answer to the question you seek is on this little brief i have given you.

Lies .. the meeting started just the time they all agreed... But APC felt nothing would happened since they were the majority and the decided to go to the hotel for a so called peace meeting with the president... Saraki and his fellow APC loyalist took the advantage and the rest was history
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

He was elected by a unanimous vote by all Senators present, after forming a quorum. So, it was more than 2/3rd majority.

So he was elected legally and as per the Senate rules.

Technically, you don’t need 2/3rd of all members to impeach him....all you need is 2/3rd of members present after forming a quorum.

THOSE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS.FORTUNATELY WE HAVE A CONSTITUTION TO FOLLOW AND NOT YOUR WORDS
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
Lilimax:
Na so!
There need 87 APC Senators in the house to vote Saraki out shocked
just like he needed 55 to vote him in abi?

the rule is 2/3rds of sitting senators. Adams tried to use trade union gragra but failed,
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:

saraki connived with a few APC lawmakers and the PDP lawmakers and started the season earlier than the scheduled time.

the answer to the question you seek is in this little brief i have given you.

YOUY ARE A VERY TERRIBLE LIAR.THE SENATE WAS SCHEDULED TO BE INAUGURATED BY 9.00AM AND THE INAUGURATION SBEGAN AT EXACTLY 9.00AM.THE STUPID APC SENATORS WENT TO TEH ICC TO FOOL AROUND LEAVING SARAKI TO BE ELECTED SP BY THE 57 SENATORS PRESENT

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Minjim: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Lilimax:
Na so! There need 87 APC Senators in the house to vote Saraki out shocked
where do you get that from ? it's 73
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
47. There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

50. (1) There shall be:-

(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

51. There shall be a Clerk to the National Assembly and such other staff as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly, and the method of appointment of the Clerk and other staff of the National Assembly shall be as prescribed by that tab

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Composition_and_Staff_National_Assembly
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by airminem(f): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Lakeshizu:
Anyhow u will still go
Please kiss my backside

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Frankiss44:

Lies .. the meeting started just the time they all agreed... But APC felt nothing would happened since they were the majority and the decided to go to the hotel for a so called peace meeting with the president... Saraki and his fellow APC loyalist took the advantage and the rest was history
Frankiss44:

Frankiss44:

you are the lying liar here.

the APC fixed the meeting earlier than the time the senate was to be inaugurated.

by the way was saraki not supposed to be part of the APC meeting?

now you don't call it "betrayal" but you call it "taking advantage"

see how mischievous people like you are?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha's Ogun Chieftaincy Title Withdrawn By Eselu, Akintunde Akinyemi / PDP reconciles Kwankwaso & Shekarau Factions / Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.