Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,193 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (31297 Views)

Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by agadamalik(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
krendo:
His speech was so sweet until channels TV cut it off

This guy is our best hope for modern day leadership

Saraki for President 2019
Who do this to you.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
47. There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

50. (1) There shall be:-

(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

51. There shall be a Clerk to the National Assembly and such other staff as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly, and the method of appointment of the Clerk and other staff of the National Assembly shall be as prescribed by that tab

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Composition_and_Staff_National_Assembly

what is your point? because it also says the election of the Sp is by "members of the house" The same way Saraki was elected when half of the house were absent, he can be removed if half of the house are absent.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

what is your point? because it also says the election of the Sp is by "members of the house" The same way Saraki was elected when half of the house were elsewhere, he can be removed if half of the house are elsewhere.

YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND REMOVE HIM WITH YOUR FATHER AND UNCLES AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOU DO SO tongue tongue tongue tongue SHIOOO NA FOR MOUTH.GO AND REMOVE HIM NAA

BTW SARAKI WAS ELECTED SENATE PRESIDENT BY 57 SENATORS WHICH IS CLEARLY A MAJORITY OF THE HOUSE AND MORE THAN HALF OF TEH HOUSE PRESENT.IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HALF MEANS ASK ME TO EDUCATE YOU

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

YOUY ARE A VERY TERRIBLE LIAR.THE SENATE WAS SCHEDULED TO BE INAUGURATED BY 9.00AM AND THE INAUGURATION SBEGAN AT EXACTLY 9.00AM.THE STUPID APC SENATORS WENT TO TEH ICC TO FOOL AROUND LEAVING SARAKI TO BE ELECTED SP BY THE 57 SENATORS PRESENT
bloody liar you.

BTW,

was Saraki supposed to be part of the reconciliatory meeting of his party or not?

that's where the treachery and betrayal lies,

not even in the timing.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by GaggleNSwallow: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
Chai!

Another blow to the skull of Boooohari Media Cows. Get a 2/3 votes in the senate and impeach Saraki, simple.

How are they going to manage this? grin
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:
you are the lying liar here.

the APC fixed the meeting earlier than the time the senate was to be inaugurated.

by the way was saraki not supposed to be part of the APC meeting?

now you don't call it "betrayal" but you call it "taking advantage"

see how mischievous people like you are?

IF EXAMINATION IS FIXED BY 9.00AM AND YOU DECIDE TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN THE EXAMS VENUE THEN YOU AHVE YOURSELF TO BLAME.PLEASE GO AND LICK YOUR WOUNDS

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:
bloody liar you.

BTW,

was Saraki supposed to be part of the reconciliatory meeting of his party or not?

that's where the treachery and betrayal lies,

not even in the timing.

serves the idiots right.Tinubu obviously mistook the NASS for the LSHA.When next they hear 9.00am they will surely come by 9.00am

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Frankiss44(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:
you are the lying liar here.

the APC fixed the meeting earlier than the time the senate was to be inaugurated.

by the way was saraki not supposed to be part of the APC meeting?

now you don't call it "betrayal" but you call it "taking advantage"

see how mischievous people like you are?

I will never be a fan of Saraki because i see him as someone that can sell his family to achieve his aim... The meeting with the president was scheduled the same time with the senate election....You dont have to be economical with the truth... APC was in crisis that period and it wasnt only Saraki that didnt go for the meeting, that was how the election went ahead... only Saraki and PDP senators wouldnt have been able to do shit that day without the support of few senators fro APC
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Butterflyleo: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
krendo:
His speech was so sweet until channels TV cut it off

This guy is our best hope for modern day leadership

Saraki for President 2019

Oh how gullible thou art
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Frankiss44(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

serves the idiots right.Tinubu obviously mistook the NASS for the LSHA.When next they hear 9.00am they will surely come by 9.00am

God bless you... they think its every body has a shallow memory like them

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Frankiss44:

I will never be a fan of Saraki because i see him as someone that can sell his family to achieve his aim... The meeting with the president was scheduled the same time with the senate election....You dont have to be economical with the truth... APC was in crisis that period and it wasnt only Saraki that didnt go for the meeting, that was how the election went ahead... only Saraki and PDP senators wouldnt have been able to do shit that day without the support of few senators fro APC

Tinubu tried to play godfather at nationa level and got served

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by codedguy1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
47. There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

50. (1) There shall be:-

(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

51. There shall be a Clerk to the National Assembly and such other staff as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly, and the method of appointment of the Clerk and other staff of the National Assembly shall be as prescribed by that tab

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Composition_and_Staff_National_Assembly

All this one you are typing and pasting will still make no difference. Zombies will be zombies. But I admire your determination to educate them.

The way they change a narrative to suit their jaundiced assessment of a situation is beyond belief.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Butterflyleo: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki who wrote and directed the entire script just ended it with this press conference which was the aim all along.

Something to push to the gullible out there and make him out as a saint.

Nigerians can be gullible sha.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by agadamalik(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
Goderlist:

The blame for what Nigeria has become falls on you and me. Not Buhari, not Jonathan, not Obasanjo and definitely not Abacha.

Our wickedness stinks to the heavens as we go about our daily lives, pulling down everyone and everything to become rich. We import substandard products, fake drugs and expired baby food unfit for human consumption and we have the nerve to complain about leadership?

We even steal from widows, orphans, and refugees. We take their food and sell it for profit. No conscience. Nothing is sacred. No one is spared. We build substandard roads, schools, houses, hospitals, all for profit at the expense of human life;an invaluable item which all our profit and contract sum cannot buy.

One would think this behavior is reserved for urchins but it would surprise you that this is the character of many decent looking people who appear to be normal but are not any better than Boko Haram members. They are church members, Muslims, husbands, wives and sadly youths.

We pervert justice and pretend we do not know right from wrong just to serve our selfish interests. Slave traders pale in comparison to what we do to ourselves. We are wickedness personified. So much hatred flows in our blood and we transfer it to our children. It's evident in what we say and do.

We have fasting and prayer sessions all year long, night vigils and deliverance when the actual problem is us. We simply cannot learn to love others . It is me, me, me. That is all that ever matters. It is sickening. Anyone who cannot love has no business in politics, Government and in Nigeria. Until we understand this, we will continue on this path of destruction.

I can Change, You can Change, They can Change and We can Change by Sharing and Spreading this message....Change starts with Me....

May Almighty God bless you. Am over happy with your post. Nigeria need you. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND REMOVE HIM WITH YOUR FATHER AND UNCLES AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOU DO SO tongue tongue tongue tongue SHIOOO NA FOR MOUTH.GO AND REMOVE HIM NAA

BTW SARAKI WAS ELECTED SENATE PRESIDENT BY 57 SENATORS WHICH IS CLEARLY A MAJORITY OF THE HOUSE AND MORE THAN HALF OF TEH HOUSE PRESENT.IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HALF MEANS ASK ME TO EDUCATE YOU

educate yourself in speaking without shouting or insults. it's only people with low IQ that resort to replies by insulting and shouting. I am simply pointing out that there is nothing in the law that states the all members of the house must be present or even half. Personally I dont care if Saraki is impeached or not and i dont know why APC are so obsessed with removing him when he only has 9 months left. 1 am just telling you the rules. the rules vor electing Sp is 1/2 of those present and to remove 2/3rds of those present.

Try and be civil, this is not a motor park
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

IF EXAMINATION IS FIXED BY 9.00AM AND YOU DECIDE TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN THE EXAMS VENUE THEN YOU AHVE YOURSELF TO BLAME.PLEASE GO AND LICK YOUR WOUNDS
Wounds?

Lol.

I couldn't care less about the senate presidency.

I care only about the nigerian presidency.

Buhari cannot be impeached by Saraki.

That's all that matters.

The power lies in the presidency.

And that is why the traitor has been hounded from court room to court room for the past 3 years.

Trust me he has had the most turbulent senate presidency ever.

Even saraki would tell you he hassuffered for his treachery.

It's 6 months to another election.

If he's been there for 3 years, nobody should worry about another 6 months.

Bullsh...
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by agadamalik(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
otherway:

Just start preparing your suicide note and same advise for all of your barking like a raven mad dog against Buhari.

He will win come next year and there is nothing any of you can do about it.
Tell them, there should all pencil down their will in advance I know BP is waiting.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
tesppidd:
Wounds?

Lol.

I couldn't care less about the senate presidency.

I care only about the nigerian presidency.

Buhari cannot be impeached by Saraki.

That's all that matters.

The power lies in the presidency.

And that is why the traitor has been hounded from court room to court room for the past 3 years.

Trust me he has had the most turbulent senate presidency ever.

Even saraki would tell you he hassuffered for his treachery.

It's 6 months to another election.

If he's been there for 3 years, nobody should worry about another 6 months.

Bullsh...

grin grin grin grin grin grin You go fear self consolation lol pele dear.Anything that makes you happy.BTW Bukola Saraki remains president of teh senate.If his tnure is turbulent is it your own turbulence? tongue tongue tongue wetin concern you.You know its six months to election yet youa er trying to employ underhand tactics to remove and to amke matters worse you are not even good in street tactics.At least if you want to something bad,plan it well grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

educate yourself in speaking without shouting or insults. it's only people with low IQ that resort to replies by insulting and shouting. I am simply pointing out that there is nothing in the law that states the all members of the house must be present or even half. Personally I dont care if Saraki is impeached or not and i dont know why APC are so obsessed with removing him when he only has 9 months left. 1 am just telling you the rules. the rules vor electing Sp is 1/2 of those present and to remove 2/3rds of those present.

Try and be civil, this is not a motor park
never mind pa chukwudi.

he and his wailing wailers would never heal.

*from Jonathan's defeat to

*nnamdi kanu' s destruction.

*coupled with the fact that they just lost ekiti and have lost 80 percent of all elections conducted in the past 2 years.

anything to boost their ego and soothe their losses.

they cling on to it.

that's where people like pa chukwudi belong.

when you see them on cyber space cursing on buhari and defending saraki all day and night, they are only still hurting.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
otherway:

You are the foolish one here.

Was he elected by two-third? YES OR NO.
..But he told you the simple truth
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by ajadematanle: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Stupid people and useless constitution. How can you be elected by simple majority and be removed by 2/3 of the total assembly member. Why not simple majority that brought him in?
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by tesppidd: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin grin You go fear self consolation lol pele dear.Anything that makes you happy.BTW Bukola Saraki remains president of teh senate.If his tnure is turbulent is it your own turbulence? tongue tongue tongue wetin concern you.You know its six months to election yet youa er trying to employ underhand tactics to remove and to amke matters worse you are not even good in street tactics.At least if you want to something bad,plan it well grin grin
this below is for you too

never mind pa chukwudi.

he and his wailing wailers would never heal.

*from Jonathan's defeat to

*nnamdi kanu' s destruction.

*coupled with the fact that they just lost ekiti and have lost 80 percent of all elections conducted in the past 2 years.

anything to boost their ego and soothe their losses.

they cling on to it.

that's where people like pa chukwudi belong.

when you see them on cyber space cursing on buhari and defending saraki all day and night, they are only still hurting.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Maxymilliano(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
He stated it clearly that if due process is followed, he will relinquish the position. I think that is the right way to go about it. APC should get the required 2/3 if they want him out at all cost. Anything outside that is illegality!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by ajadematanle: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
He could sneaked into the chamber while his party members attending meeting and be elected with simple majority of people present that were major PDP members.He's now organizing press conference for fear of being removed
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by fireback: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yinxies:
Be careful what you wish for cos you just might get it

It's not a wish. It's a law and that's d way it suppose to be. APC need 2/3 of Senate b4 they can impeach saraki. And the man saraki is not as desperate as your buhari and oloshomole.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
ajadematanle:
He could sneaked into the chamber while his party members attending meeting and be elected with simple majority of people present that were major PDP members.He's now organizing press conference for fear of being removed

Was it Saraki that sent those idiots to be attending meeting at the same time fixed for the inauguration of the senate tongue tongue tongue
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nanadc: 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
I think, Akpabio is more honourable than Saraki

Or what do you think?
Saraki is nothing but criminal

True that! I wonder why some Nigerians are supporting him, when he is the architect of this commotion. How do you plan to preside over the majority when you are from the minority.
Can we all imagine what PDP would have done if David Mark had done this during Jonathan’s regime!
I am worried for Nigeria because she’s sitting on a time bomb, but most people aren’t seeing it.
Saraki should just step down for the sake of peace, if he truly cares for the country.The country cannot be brought to a standstill because of one person’s selfish ambition.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
I control 2/3 of senate hence i cant be impeached. Saint Saraki
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nanadc:

True that! I wonder why some Nigerians are supporting him, when he is the architect of this commotion. How do you plan to preside over the majority when you are from the minority.
Can we all imagine what PDP would have done if David Mark had done this during Jonathan’s regime!
I am worried for Nigeria because she’s sitting on a time bomb, but most people aren’t seeing it.
Saraki should just step down for the sake of peace, if he truly cares for the country.The country cannot be brought to a standstill because of one person’s selfish ambition.

you are joking right? He was elected senate president of Nigeria and not senate president of the APC

BTW TAMBUWAL DID SAME
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by linearity: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

THOSE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS.FORTUNATELY WE HAVE A CONSTITUTION TO FOLLOW AND NOT YOUR WORDS

The jury is still out on that, whether it is 2/3rd of all elected members or 2/3rd of seating members. The constitution simply said 2/3rd of members of the house and does not say members currently seating in the house present or elected members of the house.

We all know that, not all members attend meetings all the time, so the jury is still out on this.

The bottom line is; APC had the opportunity to challenge this in court when Saraki was elected unanimously by 57 votes, which fall short of the 75 needed to meet the 2/3rd watermark;but they chicken, not only backed down on their threat to go to court, but accepted Saraki as their President.

They should not be now crying fowl, if Saraki is holding the 2/3rd watermark over their head. It simply means Saraki is smarter than them and is running circles around them from both sides of the law and constitution.

If they are apt and want to be taken seriously; they should play Saraki’s game.... pay him back with the same coin by using the 1/3 quorum watermark that Saraki exploited to be elected to also impeach him...that is, they should work across the aisle as Saraki did, get at least 55 Senators to form a quorum and have all vote unanimously to impeach Saraki, then let Saraki go to court to argue 2/3rd of elected members.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Egbetayo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
IllegalMoney:
God bless Saraki

God bless Nigeria

Even Oshiomole knows APC can never get 2/3rd majority

Where you elected with two third of the senators or 2/3 of senators present at the Assembly?
APC senators were not at attendance when you betrayed your party to become sp. Law of Karma is waiting for you
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Yinxies(f): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Am not in support of any party...

I am in support of a better Nigeria... I was just wondering if Saraki would leave willingly if the proposed happens

fireback:

It's not a wish. It's a law and that's d way it suppose to be. APC need 2/3 of Senate b4 they can impeach saraki. And the man saraki is not as desperate as your buhari and oloshomole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism / Uche Nwosu: Police Confirm Arrest Of Okorocha’s Son-In-Law / How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.