Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,248 members, 7,842,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18244 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 1:21am On Jun 24, 2010
Used to be very good. Very very good, sincerely VB, VC, Pascal. Age and money have made me lazy. I do other, more "money-based" things now. And I read.

Sincerely, what would you call proof?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 1:29am On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

Used to be very good. Very very good, sincerely VB, VC, Pascal. Age and money have made me lazy. I do other, more "money-based" things now. And I read.

Sincerely, what would you call proof?

Proof = evidence.
Evidence + Clarification = Peace of mind ^2

No Evidence = - Peace of mind + Doubt - Trust in religion

Therefore Christianity approaches NIL
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 1:34am On Jun 24, 2010
I get your point - abstract algebra

But what I want is more "real". I want to know what you wanted me to give "you" as proof as I wonder if such exists outside the realm of discussion/conversation. i.e. is there any physical evidence I can give?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by jidobaba(m): 1:41am On Jun 24, 2010
you guys just dont get it, do ya
the bible is simply a collection of hebrew folk tales/fables for your entertainment at the least and as a moral guide at the most.
why so sseriouss?

P.S. same goes for the koran, the talmud etc,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

I get your point - abstract algebra

But what I want is more "real". I want to know what you wanted me to give "you" as proof as I wonder if such exists outside the realm of discussion/conversation. i.e. is there any physical evidence I can give?

The sort of proof i wanted was something like :

(1)A live visualization of who god or his angels are
(2)Speaking to him one on one
(3)Seeing a real miracle e.g a guy with two broken legs (THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE and not the Christ Embassy scams we're all tired of seeing on TV) getting healed and walking away from church
(4)Witnessing someone being raised from the dead LIVE!
(5)The list is endless but you get my point.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 1:43am On Jun 24, 2010
jidobaba:

you guys just dont get it, do ya
the bible is simply a collection of hebrew folk tales/fables for your entertainment at the least and as a moral guide at the most.
why so sseriouss?

P.S. same goes for the koran, the talmud etc,

Well said.I was almost beginning to think i was alone on this one.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by newintexas: 2:26am On Jun 24, 2010
I have to say this guy brings up some very important point which needs to be addresssed. I used to attend Christ Embassy in Houston and I have to say everything was going on fine until Pastor Ken was sent to take over the church after the scandal that followed in South Africa, I have never seen such arrogance from a man of God, Pls don't get me wrong he is a good preacher, but some things just can't be over looked. Was I dissappointed in the things that were going on, you bet I was, but has that stopped me from Believing No.
God is not the issue, its his so called representatives that have brought so much shame to the religion, Christianity is what every pastor makes it. they read and interprete the bible to their own understanding. The shameless brain washhing and manipulation of the less fortunate is neaseating. How do you explain a pastor boasting to his congragation of how he went to the car mall to buy a porche but when the sales man did not respond to him the way he wanted, he went to the shop next door and bought a bentley, just to show to the sales man who he was, That is the same church where most of the members can barely pay their rent or mortgage, At the end of the day, its your state of mind and how much love you have for God that will really determine who you are as a christian and we all need a lot of common sense, an open mind and your willingness to admit that these pastors are human and therefore fallable,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by newintexas: 2:34am On Jun 24, 2010
@Harakiri,
It shows with all your quotatios and questions, that you have a good knowledge of the bible and I guess if you ddin't want to know God, you would not have spent so much time studying the bible, My advice is not to let a few misguided and greedy men of God stop you from knowing the supreme being which you so readily believe in because that supreme being is GOD. You can worship God without depending so much on the preachings of these pastors
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by stmarc32(m): 2:35am On Jun 24, 2010
Only heaven will save Pastor Chris and so many other fake pastors, i think they need to ban them from showing their whatever on TV, Religion is crap, its just a way to make people live in fear and without fear i think alot of people will do different things, If u check the history of the so called Bible It originated from a pagan King, who brought together different jewish folklores to come together and write down a book so that he could take control of the country, If u talk about pastors Naija pastors are just horrendous, all riding hummer and aston martins, look at redeem for example, cruising on a ship around 7 countries when there are so many hungry people on thhe streets, If they really wanna follow Jesus example as they say, start wearing robes and start to preach on the street, no more hummer and cruiseships, and the govt should start taxing them
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by sweetguy10(m): 2:46am On Jun 24, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Harakiri i've always respected your post on NL and i'm still respecting it but seems like you a contender now that Nuclearboy.  he is truly nuclear because he is jamming you with some sophisticated Nuclear thoughts anyway sha i'm happy that you up with him and you are already harakiring his whole system , another CLASH OF NL TITANS  , wish you're arguing with that guy pro01(fierce and destructive arguer) another guy i respect on NL.

To the matter at hand , Christianity is not the Christianity that Christ planned it to be . It has been reshaped , reformed in every ways . Christianity has been in shambles since the days of CONSTANTINE(Google it don't ask me question). He was in a very big dilemma of an upcoming riots by the pagans and a complete overtake by the Christians so in some way he merged the religion together that's why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th ( the actual date celebrating a pagan god) when Christ was born sometime around April (abi na june , i stand to be corrected ) , He even merged Sunday to be the worship date of the Christians when Sunday was the day that the sun god was worshiped ( look at this SUN ---DAY ) that's why some christian sects don't worship on Sundays (you want names ?) . Christianity has contributed in its own destructive and moral ways to the order of the world . We all know that sometime around the 14th and 17th century the roman catholic  church control the political affairs of the world and it even hindered some scientific advancement ( check Galileo's trials , newton's burial and last hours before death ) . No wonder science and Christianity will forever remain enemies . While the former see Christianity as a blind vehicle carrying people to their death due to pride and ignorance the latter sees science as a diabolic tool that is stealing all the miracles thereby directing people away from them that's why they(christianity) had to invent its own miracles so that its believers will increase hence fraudulent misleading of people , psychological brainwash etc.

Everybody knows that the Bible has been manipulated and it is not complete , I have more than Five different collections of bibles here with me ( i'm not a pastor ooooo) and i even come across the book of mormon this Book of Mormon is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas . No wonder HARAKIRI said that the ISREALITES are favored. Nope they are not , other books that tells about God's dealings with other tribes were removed so as to make everybody believe that ISREALITES are the choosen ones . As if that's not enough i came across another book of nephi which was Omitted from the bible as well , this guy called NEPHI saw the actual birht of jesus christ. You know why it was removed ? so as to remove every earthly character of jesus christ and portray him as a DIVINE being . Somehow the book manage to survive though copies were burnt and torn , somehow ONLY one copy survived and it has been translated from the ancient record written in Gold plate,

OOOOOOOAAAHHHH (YAWNING) me i want to sleep jo , tomorrow i will finish it up.

God exist , Yes he does(Napoleonboy) , God does not exist , no he does not(Harakiri)  , Oya fire on

<Grabs a bag of popcorn with a criminally chilled canned fanta and watch the rest CLASH OF THE TITANS
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:04am On Jun 24, 2010
newintexas:

@Harakiri,
It shows with all your quotatios and questions, that you have a good knowledge of the bible and I guess if you ddin't want to know God, you would not have spent so much time studying the bible, My advice is not to let a few misguided and greedy men of God stop you from knowing the supreme being which you so readily believe in because that supreme being is GOD. You can worship God without depending so much on the preachings of these pastors

Thanks man but i need proof that the Jewish deity is the real deal before i commit myself.So far, there is no evidence that proves otherwise.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:07am On Jun 24, 2010
sweetguy10:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Harakiri i've always respected your post on NL and i'm still respecting it but seems like you a contender now that Nuclearboy.  he is truly nuclear because he is jamming you with some sophisticated Nuclear thoughts anyway sha i'm happy that you up with him and you are already harakiring his whole system , another CLASH OF NL TITANS  , wish you're arguing with that guy pro01(fierce and destructive arguer) another guy i respect on NL.

To the matter at hand , Christianity is not the Christianity that Christ planned it to be . It has been reshaped , reformed in every ways . Christianity has been in shambles since the days of CONSTANTINE(Google it don't ask me question). He was in a very big dilemma of an upcoming riots by the pagans and a complete overtake by the Christians so in some way he merged the religion together that's why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th ( the actual date celebrating a pagan god) when Christ was born sometime around April (abi na june , i stand to be corrected ) , He even merged Sunday to be the worship date of the Christians when Sunday was the day that the sun god was worshiped ( look at this SUN ---DAY ) that's why some christian sects don't worship on Sundays (you want names ?) . Christianity has contributed in its own destructive and moral ways to the order of the world . We all know that sometime around the 14th and 17th century the roman catholic  church control the political affairs of the world and it even hindered some scientific advancement ( check Galileo's trials , newton's burial and last hours before death ) . No wonder science and Christianity will forever remain enemies . While the former see Christianity as a blind vehicle carrying people to their death due to pride and ignorance the latter sees science as a diabolic tool that is stealing all the miracles thereby directing people away from them that's why they(christianity) had to invent its own miracles so that its believers will increase hence fraudulent misleading of people , psychological brainwash etc.

Everybody knows that the Bible has been manipulated and it is not complete , I have more than Five different collections of bibles here with me ( i'm not a pastor ooooo) and i even come across the book of mormon this Book of Mormon is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas . No wonder HARAKIRI said that the ISREALITES are favored. Nope they are not , other books that tells about God's dealings with other tribes were removed so as to make everybody believe that ISREALITES are the choosen ones . As if that's not enough i came across another book of nephi which was Omitted from the bible as well , this guy called NEPHI saw the actual birht of jesus christ. You know why it was removed ? so as to remove every earthly character of jesus christ and portray him as a DIVINE being . Somehow the book manage to survive though copies were burnt and torn , somehow ONLY one copy survived and it has been translated from the ancient record written in Gold plate,

OOOOOOOAAAHHHH (YAWNING) me i want to sleep jo , tomorrow i will finish it up.

God exist , Yes he does(Napoleonboy) , God does not exist , no he does not(Harakiri)  , Oya fire on

<Grabs a bag of popcorn with a criminally chilled canned fanta and watch the rest CLASH OF THE TITANS

Actually pro1 and i are best buddies and we share similar views in the romance section (to the best of my knowledge).Have a nice nite.

Laters man. cool
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by stevetokyo(m): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2010
@ (Napoleonboy) (Harakiri),.  The problem is illiteracy in Nigeria.
Everyone on this tread should please read this book.
God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything,,    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Is_Not_Great

I have the Audio Version,,   I can give my personal ftp server so that it can be downloaded.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Cogito(m): 4:08am On Jun 24, 2010
* Applause*
This is one of the most fascinating discussions I've seen so far on the issue. Did I come in at the end?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by oweniwe(m): 5:08am On Jun 24, 2010
The guys that pastor chris gave 'nothing' to "take" are not ordinary church members. They are cell leaders who know what to do when pastor chris "gives" them anything- faintly fall on the floor. They don't feel anything. If pastor chris blows on you, even if you don't feel anything, fall. If you don't fall, that means you don't have faith. Faith is now defined as falling to the ground whenever pastor blows air at you or touch you. And who wants to be accused of being faithless or still living in sin in front of thousands of people? So they all fall angry I'm telling you the truth coz i'm a former christ embassy member
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Akwaowoa(m): 5:51am On Jun 24, 2010
@harakiri I love your style. Do not mind all of them. The point is none of them will be able to answer any of those questions because they are all false. They are all committing the fallacy ' argumentum ad ignorantian'. The truth is that all those questions have answers. So you are not to be purnished. I will try posting some replies since i am using a mobile device. Or better meet a true jehovah's witness. They will attempt answering your questions. As for chris, he claims to be christian. May I ask: did jesus's power ever throw any body to the ground? No. The only instance was when he casted out a demon from a posessed. Take note it was the demon that convulsed the boy not the power of God.( mark 9: 14-29) so to all lovers of P. Chris, if his power pushes people to the ground then like it or not he is using demonic power. The kind of miracle can help up to identify and the millions of false christians in nigeria alone. He is just one amongst many. False christianity is a scam.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Akwaowoa(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2010
@harakiri I love your style. Do not mind all of them. The point is none of them will be able to answer any of those questions because they are all false. They are all committing the fallacy ' argumentum ad ignorantian'. The truth is that all those questions have answers. So you are not to be purnished. I will try posting some replies since i am using a mobile device. Or better meet a true jehovah's witness. They will attempt answering your questions. As for chris, he claims to be christian. May I ask: did jesus's power ever throw any body to the ground? No. The only instance was when he casted out a demon from a posessed. Take note it was the demon that convulsed the boy not the power of God.( mark 9: 14-29) so to all lovers of P. Chris, if his power pushes people to the ground then like it or not he is using demonic power. The kind of miracle can help up to identify and the millions of false christians in nigeria alone. He is just one amongst many. False christianity is a scam.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Akwaowoa(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by miftah: 6:11am On Jun 24, 2010
Harakiri, We are in the end time now,it baffles me wen ppl are able to kno wat is right frm wrong, but I kno they all went for divine intervention wh they can neva c among dis fake pastors.

Mind u, a lot of all dis worshipper are mere bench-warmer in the church if not they shld read Matthew 7: 21-23 even to the end.

They want to die because of Jesus wh was not the founder of CHRISTIANITY ( 2 parallal line dat can never meet), If paul and banabars were alive what do u expect wil appen?

U kno the worst part of it , none of them including all the fake pastors ( no true pastor in dis our country) can tell u that JESUS himself said or written in the bible that CHRISTIANITY is a religion and their place of worship shld be named CHURCH.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by ufos77: 6:49am On Jun 24, 2010
Oh My country Nigeria,!!!!!!!!!!
A country that whose citizens claim to be well educated parading all manner of certificates and still allow themselves to be fooled.
Nigerian christians think they are holier than the Israelites that have Christianity and have Jerusalem and Bethlehem(This crap doeas not occur there)
Nigerian moslems think they are holier than Saudi moslems.
All this crap makes me ashamed of my fatherland. To make matyters worse, some people will say"Leave him he is a man of God, , My pastor said, , Bleep ALL YOU STUPID FOOLS.
God exists in every one of us humans. You know that everytime your conscience pricks you when you do something bad.
STUPID FANATICAL BASTARDS
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 6:51am On Jun 24, 2010
harakiri:

(***re-post***)

I have an equally intelligent question for you. . .

What if you wake up tomorrow and find out that the real god is actually Sango or Obatala? What if you die and find out that reincarnation is real except the next time you come to this life, you would either be a canary or hibiscus flower? What if you died today and find out that Satan is actually the god you should be worshiping? Ehh?

The truth is that deep within you there is so much fear, confusion and so many unanswered questions. The only one who can help you is the one you are pretending to disregard His exixtence. Pity

Anyway, you tell me, If I wake up or die and found out that the gods you have mentioned are actually who I shld be worshipping, what have I lost?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2010
This has turned sad. Really really sad. basically then, everyone judges God by what "pastors" do. embarassed cry And while I agree most of them are an abomination and are doing wrong, misinterpreting God's Word deliberately to their own financial advantage and turning wrong into right, my point remains - if a suffering man refuses to read the Bible himself to know what is right, is it the pastor's fault? And when a pastor uses that to advantage to enrich himself, is it God's fault. NO, it is the fault of the lazy suffering man and the greed of the pastor.

@harakiri:

Do we still continue? And actually, a few examples of true "miracles" come to mind! Problem is, will you take my word or do I turn back time and let you witness them yourself?

Then again, maybe I should ask one question of you - do you believe the "devil" exists?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Cogito(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2010
@nuclearboy

Please do continue, I'm especially interested in hearing about these true "miracles" you speak of and I'm other others would like to hear them too.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2010
^^^ I'm sorry but let harakiri answer my question. Also, why is it miracles that we seek not knowledge of God? Thats why chalatans like chris oyakilome reign - they pander to the crowd. if 10 people out of 2000 believe them, they've gained 10 mugus. What did they start with? Zero! So 10 is a plus for them, isn't it?

When we seek knowledge, we meet God and calm, peace, power enters our life. Miracles are not an issue, God is. Do you know why? Anyone who has played with the occult has seen powerful magic (like miracles). Satan does "miracles". Is it then God that cannot?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2010
Alright harakiri and co.

You need proof that God exists before you can believe. I'll tell u something. I am not a member of Christ Embassy. It happened several years ago. one day I saw a woman whose right hand was decaying. Out of sympathy and love i prayed with her to be healed in Jesus name. Nothing dramatic. Two days later I was news all over that small village. They wanted to see me everywhere. I was happy but then surprised also with the fact that all the signs of the wound was gone.

A few other times I have seen things like that. Nothing really dramatic anyway. Just out of sympathy I would request those folks to join and lets pray

You see If you are with me now out of pity and love I would lay hands on you to fall down and you would fall. Nevertheleess, why not raise your voice and shout, GOD if you are real show me. Then wait soem days. He will answer ur prayer
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2010
That Jerry curl Nigga "Pastor Chris" is a magician and money lover aka prosperity pastor. PERIOD.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2010
@ Bros12345 I clap for u, so na hia u wan start ur own Jesus Embassy for your own magic style like Jerry curl nigga Chris right, ?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2010
REALITY101:

@ Bros12345 I clap for u, so na hia u wan start your own Jesus Embassy for your own magic style like Jerry curl nigga Chris right, ?

My brother, no talk too much. I go make u the treasurer. Since i don get u now, e remain 3 people more wey go be elders den we move. help me tel sme ppl
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2010
@bros12345678910 wow, my girlfriend can be the accountant/secre. So how do we go, sorry NOTE you go dey do the Take It stuff by yoursle abeg. Good night. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 24, 2010
@bros12345678910 wow, my girlfriend can be the accountant/secre. So how do we go, sorry NOTE you go dey do the Take It stuff by yoursle abeg. Good night. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by kanimo: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2010
i believe that if you live your life and forget about other people's then you will be able to focus your energy on your dreams. believe or not people are testifying.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by skyndyp(f): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2010
The Bible says 'touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm'. There are somethings we say against men of God and bring curses upon our lives. If a man of God is a fraud, leave him to God and stop saying what you don't know.

As for the falling, it shows the contact of the Holy Spirit with your spirit. You can't possibly be touched by the Holy Spirit and remain standing,im talking from experience.

He that has ears, let him hear what the spirit is saying to the house: stop speaking evil against men of God so that you don't bring curses on your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Read Rhapsody Of Realities On Your Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Devices. / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary / Samurai's Prophetic Thread. Drop A Post And I Will See A Vision For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.