Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (33386 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vulpeslopez(m): 4:02am On Aug 18, 2018
The only best friend my wife is allowed to have besides me is God the Father,God the son and God the holy spirit....any other best friend is counterfeit

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by flames01: 5:05am On Aug 18, 2018
ImaIma1:

I am married and i have male friends undecided tongue

Nobody said all our friends have to be same sex.

It isn't about having male friends; it's about getting too close to them
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2018
ImaIma1:

Don't mind these guys. I don't know what they think a friend is.

I think it is this present set of younger people that cannot see past women being sex items/objects. So they cannot understand that a woman can actually relate with male folks without sleeping with them.

I understand you perfectly. I have always had more male friends than ladies and the only one i ever slept with was the one i got married to. smiley

Their brains is all wired up on sex! Even when all she sees just a brother, in him.
Generation of men we have springing up these days is so wacked up on fucking just anyone who smiles at them.. What a shame.
My dear, leave them to their delirious thoughts.. No use.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by practicalclass: 5:10am On Aug 18, 2018
Wisdom they say is profitable to direct. But it amazes me how we disregard wisdom in matters like this just to satisfy our flesh desires. Keep a distance to avoid temptations and eventually 'stories that touch'.
Same goes for Married men keeping having a close friendship with a female friend. It threatens the peace and joy of a marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2018
vicben27:
it's not about been principled ma'am l've seen soo called principled ladies like you fall prey to men. you wouldn't even know until ur lost. soo don't claim ur too strong because even the strongest falls. go ask Samson.

Story. Keep deceiving yourself!
Smhhh

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Roseey0(f): 5:45am On Aug 18, 2018
Which folish man stays on the queue of a married woman.

What is it you are waiting to gain....
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2018
I have noticed some females on this thread trying to twist this topic. The topic is about keeping opposite sex as close/best friends. Majority of them can't agree that a married woman or engaged lady should refrain from close contact with besties.

Examples of close contacts are

Going out to dinner
Meeting him/her in a private place
Discussing ur relationship
Calling in the night when you should be discussing with your husband or wife.

There is no harm is having opposite sex as friend solely for business and connections, work colleagues, academics, career..

Most of these 'close' friends have ulterior motivates. But they would pretend.

The women arguing here will go crazy the moment they realize their husband have female best friends. Women are known to dish out what they can't take.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 7:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Roseey0:
Which folish man stays on the queue of a married woman.

What is it you are waiting to gain....

It's quiet unfortunate that those guys u chatting with on whatsap are not just their as friends, they are waiting for your mistake to pounce on you and drill that hole.

Reality 101
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2018
victorian:

Story. Keep deceiving yourself!
Smhhh

I have seen a strong boss lady falling well fcked by a driver who was later sacked. Sack or no sack...the deed has been done.

Men are masters of trickery .

Even those pastors you so trrust are masters of sleeping with married women.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Druss(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2018
No to platonic male or female friends post marriage. One thing will lead to another. One can still have friends but it is much complicated post-marriage than pre-marriage

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2018
flames01:

Thank God one person finally sees it
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2018
hotwax:

I have seen a strong boss lady falling well fcked by a driver who was later sacked. Sack or no sack...the deed has been done.

That's them.. Like I said not every woman is the same.. Be it Boss lady or career lady or even Presido lady.. Not every woman thinks with her toto. U can choose to believe it or not, am least concerned. Cause other women u know cannot control their toto.. Does not mean every woman cannot theirs..

It's like you saying every man out their cannot control their dickk.. And they all loose control and just be fucking house helps or any woman in high place that are close to them..

I know u are still in your twenties, possibly early twenties that's why u have such mindset..

Is sex so irresistible that no human on earth can resist? Because one is close to a opposite sex? Abeggi go and rest with your inconclusive theory.

If that's the case, I should be fucking all the hot guys coming around me seeking for my professional services... Smhhhh.

Whats even in the dick sef.. Dick I enjoy every week from my man.. His own no do me, na to eye another woman's man abi? Because I come this life because of dickk! and sex?
Oh Jeez! grin

Abeg u are still naive. People are making millions and billions of naira,pounds and dollars everyday. You are talking of women not been able to resist a male friend dick! Lol. I pity for this generation.. Suffer never hook una yet.

When suffer hook una, and u start seeing ordinary paper as money. Nobody will tell u to seat up, and place sex at the back burner.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Roseey0(f): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
hotwax:

It's quiet unfortunate that those guys u chatting with on whatsap are not just their as friends, they are waiting for your mistake to pounce on you and drill that hole.

Reality 101
All the waiting just for drilling...
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by trapQ: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to find a Nigerian man who isn't a hypocrite.
pocohantas:

But you trust yourself that drilled another man's fiancee?
Trust gbagbuo gi there!

See one above. Fcking another man's babe as a side nigga and talking about trust. When people become so wayward, they begin to have serious trust issues. Because they see themselves in everyone.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
MissJoy29:

I used to have a very close friend I run to whenever I was feeling depressed anytime my then boyfriend hurt me. I would stay in his house and he would console me. Once I even spent the night in his house( a risky journey I took around 9pm. And it was just I & the driver. Got to his house by 11pm)There was no form of physical contact between us. Not even a light kiss. I took my bath, ate & we slept. And in the middle of the night, my boyfriend and I made up & very early in the morning, I left my friend's house to go meet my man.

Get this, the kind of person I am eh, I don't sleep with just anybody even when I'm vulnerable. I have been in vulnerable situations and still lie on the same bed with a guy & nothing will happen. I need emotional connection to go down with a guy and I didn't have that with him.

Again, not every friend should be banged. Sex gets in the way of a lot of things. Some friends are so valuable to me that I would never jeopardise what we have cos of sex. That being said, I can have friends of the opposite sex who are close & dear to my heart that I wouldn't wanna lose. Cos that will likely happen when we have sex.

Finally, I have never had a best friend or kept constant communication with a really close friend when in a relationship(except if the guy is not straightforward with me). I don't like it cos I feel it's a distraction. And also, I wouldn't like my significant other or hubby to have one too so I give out what I expect. So I can't do same when married too.

But everyone doesn't have same opinion with me so whatever works for us all...
aghhh!shocked ..u took quite a risk ooshocked. U know u women are quite vulnerable when u have issues with ur second half and when a guy sees that chance and strikes..u might just fall. He must be a guy who highly respects himself. On the issue of having a very close friend when u married ..yes it can be a distraction. Imagine u with ur husband in the sitting room and he's gisting with u but u paying more attention chatting with ur male friend on whatsap.sometimes such can affect the husband in a negative way. Same with a husband having a very close female friend that he spends more close time with...such marriage is hanging over the cliffhanger.Anyway to each's its own shacheesy.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
hotwax:

tell her Bro. they claim to be wise, when they fall they start blaming the devil
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
hotwax:
I have noticed some females on this thread trying to twist this topic. The topic is about keeping opposite sex as close/best friends. Majority of them can't agree that a married woman or engaged lady should refrain from close contact with besties.

Examples of close contacts are

Going out to dinner
Meeting him/her in a private place
Discussing ur relationship
Calling in the night when you should be discussing with your husband or wife.

There is no harm is having opposite sex as friend solely for business and connections, work colleagues, academics, career..

Most of these 'close' friends have ulterior motivates. But they would pretend.

The women arguing here will go crazy the moment they realize their husband have female best friends. Women are known to dish out what they can't take.
so true. Nothing wrong in having the opposite sex as a normal friend but when u as married lady has a male friend that u go out to dinner or cinema with, u share intimate moments and problems of ur marriage relationship with him, u have night calls or long night chats with him..sooner or later e go move to the next levelcheesy.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
idonbilivit:
lipsrsealed
werey!cheesy

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by candygirl4real: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
victorian:

Well said

That's them.. Like I said not every woman is the same.. Be it Boss lady or career lady or even Presido lady.. Not every woman thinks with her toto. U can choose to believe it or not, am least concerned. Cause other women u know cannot control their toto.. Does not mean every woman cannot theirs..

It's like you saying every man out their cannot control their dickk.. And they all loose control and just be fucking house helps or any woman in high place that are close to them..

I know u are still in your twenties, possibly early twenties that's why u have such mindset..

Is sex so irresistible that no human on earth can resist? Because one is close to a opposite sex? Abeggi go and rest with your inconclusive theory.

If that's the case, I should be fucking all the hot guys coming around me seeking for my professional services... Smhhhh.

Whats even in the dick sef.. Dick I enjoy every week from my man.. His own no do me, na to eye another woman's man abi? Because I come this life because of dickk! and sex?
Oh Jeez! grin

Abeg u are still naive. People are making millions and billions of naira,pounds and dollars everyday. You are talking of women not been able to resist a male friend dick! Lol. I pity for this generation.. Suffer never hook una yet.

When suffer hook una, and u start seeing ordinary paper as money. Nobody will tell u to seat up, and place sex at the back burner.

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
I will never allow my wife to have a man frnd never not even in the church or office no man can come to my house under the pretence of being frnds u can't dare it
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
lefulefu:
aghhh!shocked ..u took quite a risk ooshocked. U know u women are quite vulnerable when u have issues with ur second half and when a guy sees that chance and strikes..u might just fall. He must be a guy who highly respects himself. On the issue of having a very close friend when u married ..yes it can be a distraction. Imagine u with ur husband in the sitting room and he's gisting with u but u paying more attention chatting with ur male friend on whatsap.sometimes such can affect the husband in a negative way. Same with a husband having a very close female friend that he spends more close time with...such marriage is hanging over the cliffhanger.Anyway to each's its own shacheesy.
He doesn't just respect himself, he respects me too. Besides, my own vulnerability doesn't make me forget I'm in a relationship. So no matter how vulnerable I am, I still remember that because I don't condone cheating, I shouldn't cheat too(by God's Grace).

Yeah, in a happy marriage, the couples are each other's best friend & closest confidant. Remove "happy" from the marriage & you will see the two parties allow others come into their lives and threaten the existence of the marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Druss:
No to platonic male or female friends post marriage. One thing will lead to another. One can still have friends but it is much complicated post-marriage than pre-marriage
So so true. Spot on!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
flames01:

Thank you. There should be boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
MissJoy29:

He doesn't just respect himself, he respects me too. Besides, my own vulnerability doesn't make me forget I'm in a relationship. So no matter how vulnerable I am, I still remember that because I don't condone cheating, I shouldn't cheat too(by God's Grace).

Yeah, in a happy marriage, the couples are each other's best friend & closest confidant. Remove "happy" from the marriage & you will see the two parties allow others come into their lives and threaten the existence of the marriage.

The guys on this forum expect that once you are married, you severe every friendships with guys and talk to only ladies
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
ImaIma1:

The guys on this forum expect that ones you are married, you severe every friendships with guys and talk to only ladies
It's not that easy.

Besides, ladies can still mislead a married woman. The most important thing is to know the kind of friends you one keeps.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Roseey0:

All the waiting just for drilling...

Trust me 99% of them
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

The guys on this forum expect that once you are married, you severe every friendships with guys and talk to only ladies

Thats not what they are saying.

A married woman should keep distance. Still be friends with them, but on long distance basis.

This isnt hard except you are a cheat. And they that are still gluing with you after your wedding are trying to wreck your life.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
hotwax:

Thats not what they are saying.

A married woman should keep distance. Still be friends with them, but on long distance basis.

This isnt hard except you are a cheat. And they that are still gluing with you after your wedding are trying to wreck your life.

Any sensible woman will know that she needs not be too close to avoid awkwardness or stories that touch.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

Any sensible woman will know that she needs not be too close to avoid awkwardness or stories that touch.

Nice one..I have noticed you are reasonable.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by megareal: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
ImaIma1:
So what happens to her male friends she had when she was single?

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.

Modified!!

Everyone suddenly quoting me and talking ignorantly.

Am i supposed to ignore male colleagues and guys generally because i am married?

FYI, my hubby maintained his female friends and it is not an issue.
You guys just calm down!!!

Don't mind those quoting you. They are yet to understand that relationships are unique. I had only male friends before marriage. Hubby, then fiance use to come meet us where we were and give the guys drinks. They were there at my wedding and child dedication. We still talk but hardly meet. Infact I am still the refree in most of their relationship ish as it was before I married.

Hubby maintained his female friends too and as each of them married off, we will go to their weddings etc.

The problem I see with a lot of folks commenting is that sex to them is too cheap hence they think everyone indulges in it casually.

The sooner folks learn to control their libido the better trust will be established between both parties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Slams Men For Not Wishing Nigerian Olosho Association ‘Happy Christmas’ / 10 Ways To Identify A Typical Nigerian Runs Girl / 9 Categories Of Ladies That Use Pregnancy To Trap Men Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.