Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? (11609 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Will U Accept A Man Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by smartsoft(m): 12:04am On Feb 03, 2006
The thing nah serious matter ooo
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by funloving(m): 1:10am On Feb 03, 2006
@ coolblue
So generally the vibe im getting here is that the ladies would not consider dating or eventually marrying a man a few years younger than you because
1) he might look 4 sumthin younger when you eventually grow older faster as u  ladies have said
2) You wont feel to secure because the whole man taking care of me thing don't seem right when instead of him being a father figure , hes more like an annoying younger brother
3) at the back of your mind you feel society will frown on it...
i find this reasons just as shallow as any other reason like he aint rich or not mature.
Utter Crap

My dear friend,  Money,maturity and age are not utter crap when it comes to marriage.They may seem like utter crap if all you want is a fling but when it comes to the day-to-day issues of marriage,these are real issues.Bro,wake up from your slumber and face reality.These issues matter in life.

as for me, if i like her and she is older, then she don't need to know my age and she'll be just fine .
your age won't be a secret forever and why should you keep your age a secret from your lady if it doesn't matter 
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ama(f): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2006
Personally, I have dated guys who are younger than me. The youngest guy I have dated was 7yrs younger than me. It wasn't my fault that he thought I was 22!!! But i told him that very evening that we met that I was actually 7 years older than him and he was fine with it.

We got on very well like a house on fire but in my opinion, what killed the relationship was the fact that I didn't know what to do with him and he felt a little neglected. I had a life and I think he probably felt that he wasn't part of it.

I will definately date a younger man again if the opportunity arises. Infact with me when it comes to men, equal opportunities apply.

Ps: Ladies short men can be pleasing!!!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2006
funloving:

@ coolblue
My dear friend, Money,maturity and age are not utter crap when it comes to marriage.They may seem like utter crap if all you want is a fling but when it comes to the day-to-day issues of marriage,these are real issues.Bro,wake up from your slumber and face reality.These issues matter in life.
your age won't be a secret forever and why should you keep your age a secret from your lady if it doesn't matter

Spoken like twenty three wise men! I totally concur with you!
Ama:

Really? How so?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ocho(f): 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2006
Ama:

by short you're talking height right? just wondering!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by coolblue(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2006
@ fl
Fl, i am in no wise saying money is not important.what i said in "not rich" as an excuse not to like or go out with someone. I do not deny the need for money in any relationship, what i deny is the need for it to be in excess for it to work. And yes, my age wont be a secret 4ever,but by the time she finds out, it wont be an issue.
When you love someone, its not just one part of them you love its the entire persona, going on about age is not necessarily a good enough reason to destroy what could be a good thing. A friend of mine would say " your flaws dont make you imperfect, they make you human"
so is being a tad bit younger now an imperfection?
as far as im concerned and i state it again " if you like someone older than you, go for it, find out if you can love them." after all is not everybody elses life you are living
Society can @%#$ themselves 4 all i care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 3:31am On Feb 05, 2006
ocho:

by short you're talking height right? just wondering!
Hey, Ocho! My height is just a criteria in itself. He can't be shorter than me....that would be scary!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ocho(f): 8:42am On Feb 05, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy but she said they can be pleasing........still not sure how though undecided
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Icon(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2006
Ama:

Personally, I have dated guys who are younger than me. The youngest guy I have dated was 7yrs younger than me. It wasn't my fault that he thought I was 22!!! But i told him that very evening that we met that I was actually 7 years older than him and he was fine with it.

We got on very well like a house on fire but in my opinion, what killed the relationship was the fact that I didn't know what to do with him and he felt a little neglected. I had a life and I think he probably felt that he wasn't part of it.

I will definately date a younger man again if the opportunity arises. Infact with me when it comes to men, equal opportunities apply.
God bless you for that reply. There are guys who are 22 years old but have the mind and maturity of someone much older. Personally I have friends who have married older ladies. It all depends on the understanding between the 2 of you. Now, this doesn't mean there won't be challenges, but then which relationships don't have challenges?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by disney(f): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2006
The only condition l would date a guy younger than me is if all the men in the world are dead but it ain't possible so the answer still remains No. What the hell, me date a young guy, say wetin happen, when no bi say guys scarce for town, even if the guy was the most handsome guy in my class or in town, hell no, it ain't happening my side, na abomination for Naija. lol
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Icon(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2006
Where is it an abomination in Nigeria? Friends of mine in Nigeria have married older ladies. So what r u saying?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by disney(f): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2006
Are u sure of what u are saying, well l know it is a rare thing but most families prefer a lady to marry a guy older than her. its kinda of a taboo in my side of town sha.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ama(f): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2006
I did say short men can be pleasing and I stand by that.  I an quite tall and love my high heels and at some point in my life set the criteria that any man I go out with has got to be at least five 5ft8.

Well I met a guy who wasn't Mr tall guy but he was great company and very pleasing in many ways; if you know what I mean! I don't want to confess all my sins here but from what I have seen, I can only conclude that short does not always equate to "small" or indeed lack of masculinity.  However, it is entirely up to the individual lady to decide what they want from their guy.  For me, height and age are not everything. wink
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ama(f): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2006
disney:

Are u sure of what u are saying, well l know it is a rare thing but most families prefer a lady to marry a guy older than her. its kind of of a taboo in my side of town sha.

Well it may well be a taboo from where you come from but trust me it is a sweet taboo. So what exactly will happen if a woman married a younger man I am sure there are historical reasons for what you are saying which probably centres around the financial/economical status of the man as well as the oppression of women but come on we are in 2006 and women have had enough of cry cry we just want a bit more of shocked cheesy wink
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2006
i always go 4 older guys
whasssup wit younger guys?nothing
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Onyibaby(f): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2006
Ofcourse men do it all the time why not women.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ability(m): 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2006
Hello, goodday i was delighted when i saw your notes on NairaLand forum as releted to the issue of Sugar mummy and daddy.
well i dont really know what your intention is all about in that board. I am a young man of 27 am a discipline handsome looking youngman from Lagos State.I am in need of a well mature and decipline woman to date or call my lover.I like older women because they are well experience in this things of life and can as well be of help to me.I will like to hear from you and also know your mind in this issue a guy of my age seeing off with a woman of your age.My name is Ability.Am not writing to ou in respect of money or whatever but in geniune regard for Love and affection of which you will see in me if accepted.I await to hear from you soonest.Thanks. abilityhelper@yahoo.com
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Oracle(m): 1:43am On Mar 14, 2006
hey this is a great topic
if i were a lady i would love to date a younger man
i really will, but i'm not a lady
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by curiousNja(f): 4:51am On Mar 14, 2006
They say "never say never", but for this question, I can almost say, NEVER.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Fluffy(f): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2006
No younger guys won't make me feel woman enough, but I'll go for it when I'about 40 years old and need a boy to make me feel young again.
Just like most older man do these days. grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Reba(f): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2006
To me age is nothing but a number,Is there any rule which say that the boy has to be older?If it does excist not in SA.These days boys grow fast and he can hit on u and u would say yes with out knowing that the boy is just 17 and still in high skul.and to me age is really nothing but maturity does count.and i have no problem dating a guy younger than me or my age as long he is mature and we go along.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by lioness(f): 9:45am On Mar 14, 2006
wish i cld say age aint nothing but a number but ,,,,,,,,,,,,, undecided but it is actually the number of biological years u've been on earth, so i guess it matters. Am about 8 months older than my man and am okay with that cos he is so much a man. Coupled with the fact that he is much bigger than i am. But i doubt if i'd be okay with a guy who am 2 or 3 years older than sad. Even if he were larger than i am. It just wont work for moi.

I personally dont see why a 28 - 30 yr old girl should be dating a guy 7 years younger than she is. Isnt she thinking of getting married just wondering
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by bumsy(f): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2006
yea! infact i have been on that relationship for almost 5years and have no regrets. he is so lovely and matured in all the things he does. he motivates me a lot, most i have achieved is thro his advice and help. most times i forget am even older, i dont even think bout it . but by the grace of God we will be tiring the knot very soon. wink
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by EddyTells(m): 12:37pm On Mar 14, 2006
@ Bumsy,,,, just out of curiosity, just how much younger is this guy?

@Lioness - 8 or 9 months difference is really nothing. Even if it crosses into the next year.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Farriel(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2006
Some posts here have been really funny to me. Real real funny.

I've always said time and time again that the Philosophy of Attraction which states Attraction Is Not A Choice is very correct. You have no control over whom you fall in love with, or feel strongly attracted to. It just hits you right in the face, wham, and there you'd go. Where countless others have gone.

So if this subject of your attraction is younger than you, in fact, way younger than you, then God help you. Because then, you wont remember saying these things you're saying here. All of you who have said you can't hang out with younger boys. Believe me. All it takes is that spark of attraction to set a fire in your heart. A fire through which you wont observe closely, who it's burning on behalf of.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by bumsy(f): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2006
am actually 2years and 7months older. so dats like three years. is anything wrong with dat. cool
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by lexfrosty: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2006
Thank you Farriel for you have said well.

I personally wouldn't want to date someone older than me, but you never can tell what the future holds in stock.
there are so many factors to consider if the lady is older e.g how many years is she older?, her size to yours?, most of all, her character?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by lioness(f): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2006
@eddy tells, Am okay with a guy am a year older than. Especially if he is bigg and matured enough. But i just wont date a guy am 2 or more years older than. Just wont work for moi. grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by darkchyld: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2006
well guys and gurlz am dating a gurl 5 months older than I am and if God almighty would allow, I wont mind getting married to her, cos she's everything to me. I have dated just 2 girls younger than i was and believe me they were the worst relationships i ever had.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by lioness(f): 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2006
Fact of life is that as a girl matures in age, her priorities slows down.
To a 31 - 33 yr old chick who aint getting any marriage proposal yet, age difference would be like the least on her "He must be" list grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by venice(f): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2006
Hey Reba babes

i agree with u, age is nothing but a number in the air, aslong as u both love each other and care for one another, and the respect is there, i don't there'rd be any problem!

He must be mature, what counts is what lies inside the heart, and the head it does'nt help dating an older guy, who's immature, or never grows up, i've learnt that younger man can make u more happier than the older!

Talking out of experience!!

Go reba go get them, the young, hot and sexy doods at the niga river! cheesy
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by EddyTells(m): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2006
cheesy Good point

[By Lioness
To a 31 - 33 yr old chick who aint getting any marriage proposal yet, age difference would be like the least on her "He must be" list /quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Igbo Rev. Sister That Got Married Yesterday / Is She A Virgin Please? / Please Help!!!latest Chat From My Gf(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.