Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? (11593 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Will U Accept A Man Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Chidi4u(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2006
Babes Only: can You Date A Guy You Are Older Than And By What Age Difference?

Hi babes happy new year I am a guy & 23

I seem to find my self getting attracted to babes who are older than me or the same age with me I don't know if it is normal. Currently there is a girl I love I think she is 2 years older than me. I love her some much that for the past 1 year I have been believing myself to summon courage to tell her my heart which I haven't.

Would you date if you are older than me?

< Related Topic: Ladies: Would you Marry a Younger Man? >
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Hotstepper(f): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2006
well, diz is ur choice ooooooo..if u don't mind dating sum1 older dan u, go ahead and help urselfffffff
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Sayoh: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2006
dating a guy thats younger than me is really not a problem. Maturity is not an age thing but a thing of the mind and really thats wots needed to make relationship work. I dont mind if d guy is 5 yrs younger than me, d only issue is that he shouldn't still be reasoning like his agemates, for us to get along.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by alheri(f): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2006
well chidi4u, if you prefer girls older than you, go for it! Dont let noone steal your happiness with the age factor.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by coolblue(m): 5:05am On Jan 27, 2006
Personally yeah.
to start with alll the women i have ever gone out with were significantly older than me. the least 2 years
its never been about the money, but i think its alright.
and just because she is older dont mean nothing, save she might try to run thing 4 u. so once that is all cleared up... play ball
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 5:22am On Jan 27, 2006
I've tried guys my age, younger than me....it never works. For me, older than me is good....I guess the age difference depends on how able we are to connect....some ppl are a year older and we hit it off like a house on fire, others are that age, and oh, men! Cut me some slack, I'd like to hit their face with a plate full of pie! Then others are seven years and have a goal and vision, others are seven years older, but their thinking is synonymous to a guy younger than me. I guess it all depends on individual taste and what works out for you.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Free(f): 6:15am On Jan 27, 2006
to be honest
i dont think i would date a guy younger than me, i like guys who are at least 4 to5yrs older than me
yea i know is what i like. grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by keele(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2006
well my gurl is a year older.. and she still behaves like a kid lol..
doesnt matter as long as u two can get along with each other well ya.. XD
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2006
That's probably why you like her! grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ABIMBOLA77(f): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2006
depends on how mature u r.. generally women mature like 5 yrs ahead of men, so, if u find a woman that acts like she is 23 ( ur age) minus 5.. then why not!!
actually juz kiddin, compatibility is all that matters, my man is 10 yrs older than me!!! ( im not an ARISTO!!)
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 3:05am On Jan 31, 2006
If u get along just fine, that's ok. Just what difference is acceptable, though? I know a 67 year old lady that married a 24 year old guy.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ABIMBOLA77(f): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2006
that one na cradle snatcher.. abeggiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Terry1(m): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2006
Ashbaby:

If u get along just fine, that's ok. Just what difference is acceptable, though? I know a 67 year old lady that married a 24 year old guy.

THATS BULLLLLLSHIIIT!!!

the woman is a witch! how could she angry shocked
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
Well, believe it or not, there's a story like that!

http://www.artmatters.info/culture/spareoursons.htm
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ocho(f): 11:29pm On Jan 31, 2006
@abimbola: na real CRADLE SNATCHER OOOOO shocked shocked mogbe! shocked shocked
she even calls him her "boy". ok, i am stunned shocked
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by coolblue(m): 1:59am On Feb 01, 2006
That is the height of it.

while i can tolerate a 10 year gap, but this... its an outrage.then again who made me judge, if she want him bad, he needs her bad....
but if me brother brings someone like that home, i'll kill him.
period.

1ce again its alright to date someone a few years older than you, once y'all can understand yourselves. (most def. not thirty sumthin years)
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ABIMBOLA77(f): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2006
maybe the woman use jazz.. so all he sees is a sweet sixteen!!!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ocho(f): 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2006
maybe eh? cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2006
U bet! Probably!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Icon(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2006
ABIMBOLA77:

maybe the woman use jazz.. so all he sees is a sweet sixteen!!!
The more you look the less you see, the more you see, the less you understand!!

@Chidi4u. I used to be like that too. I found older girls easier to flow with. They were much more mature and didn't seem concerned with mundane things like who visited last and who called last and things like that. Somehow we just flowed better. I could easily find out the things they wanted and get it for them, and they were always very appreciative.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by coolblue(m): 4:53am On Feb 02, 2006
@icon
Agree!!!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by christyne(f): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2006
As for me,i dont think i really like the idea.Let me just say i prefer older guys (that is atleast 5 - 7 yrs older than me).To go out with my mates makes me feel somehow so I prefer them older.

@ Ashbaby That is incredible!!!
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by chinesedoll(f): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2006
God forbid he has to be at least 3-7 years older
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Icon(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2006
ruky_ivy:

God forbid he has to be at least 3-7 years older

God forbid?? What if that's the will of God for you? undecided undecided
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2006
Icon:

God forbid?? What if that's the will of God for you? undecided undecided
God's will that.....the guy be indeed between 3-7 years older, much much older or much much younger?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ABIMBOLA77(f): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2006
@ashbaby: i totally agree with u, a guy who is less than 3 yrs younger will no doubt be immature ( im open to backlashing from the guys wink... but ITS TRUE... guys mature sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... and it atkes ages for them to get to our level.. so, by the GRACE of GOD ashbaby, u go get ur ideal age man.. but thats not to say that age means they will make correct men o...
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by ocho(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2006
ABIMBOLA77:

but ITS TRUE... guys  mature sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
i found that really funny but i do agree with you, they say is age nothing but a number, but let's be honest here, is it always really?
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by thupsie(m): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2006
Trying to date a girl older than me is not a crime but wud she be able to respect mii ?
not having at the back of her mind that she is older me however UNDERSTANDING cool
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by funloving(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2006
@ Abimbola77
@ashbaby: i totally agree with u, a guy who is less than 3 years younger will no doubt be immature ( im open to backlashing from the guys  ... but ITS TRUE... guys  mature sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... and it atkes ages for them to get to our level.. so, by the GRACE of GOD ashbaby, u go get your ideal age man.. but thats not to say that age means  they will make correct men o...

why do girls believe boys mature more slowly ? Is in terms of exposure to the things of the world,to materialism or what ?To the best of my knowledge,I have been generally more mature than most of the girls of my age well,except in sexual and relationship issues.In that area they may have floored me earlier and that is the only area I know girls may get mature a bit faster.They get too quickly and early involved in "men and relationships" and end falling in to trouble  grin
I agree that girls enter puberty before boys but that doesn't equate emotional,spiritual and social maturity.

Anyway, I believe a good number of years ahead of the girl is better for a guy in a sincere relationship
Why ?
Just like the girls "mature faster,physically" they also grow older,physically. If your woman is so much older than you in a short while she may begin to look like your mother or aunty and you may find yourself ashamed of her and be tempted to go for the younger babes  cheesy
Also,some older ladies may attempt to control the man.

But then at the end of the day,what matters is love,understanding,compatibility and above all,the will of God for our lives.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by Ashbaby(f): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2006
funloving:

@ Abimbola77
Just like the girls "mature faster,physically" they also grow older,physically. If your woman is so much older than you in a short while she may begin to look like your mother or aunty and you may find yourself ashamed of her and be tempted to go for the younger babes cheesy
Also,some older ladies may attempt to control the man.
Check the link I sent previously......very true what you said!
ocho:

i found that really funny but i do agree with you, they say is age nothing but a number, but let's be honets here, is it always really?
Ocho, u know I agree with you....age is not always nothing but a number....it does count...as a relative point of comparison.
ABIMBOLA77:

@ashbaby: i totally agree with u, a guy who is less than 3 years younger will no doubt be ......
You misunderstood me a little, but I still agree with what you said.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by coolblue(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2006
So generally the vibe im getting here is that the ladies would not consider dating or eventually marrying a man a few years younger than you because
1) he might look 4 sumthin younger when you eventually grow older faster as u ladies have said
2) You wont feel to secure because the whole man taking care of me thing dont seem right when instead of him being a father figure , hes more like an annoying younger brother
3) at the back of your mind you feel society will frown on it...
i find this reasons just as shallow as any other reason like he aint rich or not mature.
Utter Crap

and as someone posted if by the time she is 30 or so and u still find this lady attractive her mindset would have changed and she would be more welcoming...

Selective integrity!!!
as for me, if i like her and she is older, then she dont need to know my age and she'll be just fine lol.
Re: Ladies: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You? by hotangel2(f): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2006
First answer: NO

second answer: NO

third answer: Well maybe. Love does crazy stuffs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Fuss Over Light Skinned Ladies?shout Out To The Brown Skin Ladies / Men, Stop Bringing Nigerian Women Abroad! Another Sad Experience / My Girlfriend Confessed To Two Previous Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.