Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous (5437 Views)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday / Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by beejaay: 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
for all u crying that it s because u fill out some crazy form,im telling u that it has nothing to do with the form filling. i personally lost almost a million naiara to this same branch and its counterpart in idumu branch.i was at home that day and i receive a call to confirm a cheque of 452,000 naira which i didnt authorize and i immediately told them that i never authorize such and seek that the presenter shd be apprehended,at that point i immediately ask for my balance and God my acct was shorten by 844,000.i immediately asked when this happen amd where, i was told it happened at thei branch about 5min earlier b4 they called for another withdrawal that i didnt authorize.they promised that day that the presenter will not be allowed to go and that they will call me back.after about 0ne hour and i didnt receive there call,i quikly call them and wasted 800naira recharge card talking to them.they later told me they cldnt apprehend the guy.imagine hw can a client disappear in ur front inside ur branch with all the security they have got(cctv,security door,security guard,police officers outside).i cldnt go to the branch the following day because of public holiday(the whole thing happened around 4pm on thursday and friday was public holiday. I stayed around ojota,so there is no where I cld av made it to the branch that day b4 they close.I almost die thru the weekend with various thought),i had 2 wait till monday.i got there on monday and the head of operation brought out the cheque thinking she is got evidence but to my surprise the signature on the cheque was not mine to the extent that ppl on que shouted on seeing the 2 signatures and yet the money was paid on sighting this. the HO started shouting for me when i shd be the one shouting,I was later directed to the manager and he asked me to write a letter explaining the happening which i did as a gentleman(infact im blaming myself now that i shd av opted for the shout maybe it wld av save me.this whole thing happened in september 2009).few days after writing the letter I received a call from adeniyi jones branch(their syscon dept) from Mr yakubu.he asked me to come down to their branch which I did immediately. I got there and he asked me that investigation will be carried out and it will take li,e 2weeks b4 they finalize it.that same day,I asked 4 the duplicate of the cheque and they asked me to write a  letter on the subject which I did.he yakubu told me it will take 3 to one week for processing and that I shd come 4 it after one week which and yet they refuse to give me the duplicate.for almost ten months nothing was done on it(no calls,no letter,not even a call 4rm my acct officer) until last two weeks when I explained everything to my brother who happens to be an officer.he made me talk to an attorney and He asked me to get the duplicate of the cheque(i av actually contacted a lawyer b4 but he was asking for a chargeof 250,000 naira which I didn't av because it was as a rsult of the trauma I passed thru I a lost a lot things, money loved ones including my job.so I was expecting God intervention until my brother promise to sponsor it).when myself and my brother got to the bank,they started fidgeting and begging(because he is a shouting type and was shouting in the bank).they eve tually gave us thecheque duplicate and was begging to give them one week.now my lawyer as taking up the case with all the evidence I av against them including my online coversation with their representative,their bad customer service in time of crisis.
Im only here to tell u that its not only akowojo branch but all of gtb.I av met a lot of ppl with the same.imet a woman in ikosi branch who came to close her acct because of the same issue. Gtb staffs are coniving with fraudster to dupe their customer.now im ready almost ready to use all information station both online and offline to let nigerians know of what the bank is doing.after illegal payment (no call confirmation eventhough I receive calls when I give cheques out for withdrawsl, no sms alert eventhough I received sms alert of 40,000 naira cheque I gave to another person that same day around the same time),they still try to do cover up, when we all know the work of internal control. Gtb is frauddddd.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2010
IT'S QUITE FUNNY THAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS F.U.CKI.NG ATM

FOR YOU TO KNOW

AUTOMATED  THIEF MACHINE  (atm)
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by lashane: 12:53am On Jun 30, 2010
@daaaapppsseee.@switch 47.@tkb417 AND THE  REST OF THE THOMASES, i will give you this last warning and it really is goin to be d last.i was more a doubter bfore d occurence.i need to re-state,never was any fraudulent mail recieved, talkmore of it being replied,its purely done tru & tru by Gt bank staffs n fraudsters.
Dont worry when u get hit u'll be d one to remember i told you,

By then 'wouldnt u rather bank with us' will turn to 'shouldnt i have heard ', u people should keep talking as if u know all.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by ROCKJ1(m): 4:31am On Jun 30, 2010
scammers use GTBank a lot. the mails i get from this bank is alarming, yet i dont have an account with them. maybe their system is easy to defraud.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by kinsnikki1: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2010
What a mess
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by iwakunbaba: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
i dont use ATM again. if the bank will not accept my cheque i close it down. 1 time.

my wife's 70k was withdrawn from her 1st bank account the same day she used it 4 d 1st time.

i can tall you more on bank robbery from their staffs.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by denny4ril: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2010
I AGREE WITH Obaila. SOME WILL REVEAL THEIR ATM PIN TO OTHERS ON THE BASIS OF TRUST AND EVEN CHECK THEIR BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE WITHOUT PROPERLY LOGGING OUT OF THE BANK'S WEBSITE. A LOT OF CARE HAS TO BE TAKEN SO AS NOT TO BE A VICTIM OF ALL THESE INCIDENCE
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by abipaul: 7:27am On Jul 24, 2010
thank you very much for this informative facts. it serves as lesson to us. http://4rexmachines.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Unemployed Person Pay Tax? / Any Cpa Guru Here?? / I Have 150k I Dont Know What Type Of Business To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.