Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous (5436 Views)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday / Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by otukpo(f): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2010
You people scare me with these things u say abt GTB cos my money is still there.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Carlosein(m): 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^so is mine shocked
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by DivineR: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
please lets be guided, i know this mails are from fraudsters using GTB log, also pass this information to your friends and love ones to ingnore any mail or text that ask them to upgrade their ATM or something, in that case you go to any GTB bank to inform them of the mail, before taking any action.

to aviod loosing millions to those hungry pple out there
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by DivineR: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2010
please lets be guided, i know this mails are from fraudsters using GTB log, also pass this information to your friends and love ones to ingnore any mail or text that ask them to upgrade their ATM or something, in that case you go to any GTB bank to inform them of the mail, before taking any action.

to aviod loosing millions to those hungry pple out there
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by olalkn(m): 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2010
thats the hand work of the Nigerian foreign based scammers, they are all going to Naija now.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by DivineR: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
i have mails in my yahoo box, sent with GTB and Central Bank address. asking me to upgrade my ATM card and also asking for ATM pin, this is Fraudulent i think, ignore such mail or better still go to the bank to inquire first.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Yemialoyin(m): 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
I sympathize with everyone who has fallen prey to scammers.

There are some hard and fast rules to internet banking or use of ATM cards in Nigeria. Follow these rules and be safe
1) For all GTB account holders, be sure to pick up your new Chip and PIN Naira Mastercards from your branch, for other banks` customers, pick up your Verve card.

2) NEVER NEVER NEVER give out your card or account details to anyone, NEVER NEVER NEVER respond to any mail that asks for them

3) Change ur ATM PIN often, and do not use simple passcodes like 0000, 1234, etc

4) If in doubt on how to use the ATM card, ask a staff of your bank and no one else

5) Do not be greedy. Lots of people respond to mails saying "You have won **** amount through blah blah blah". Do not try to reap where you did not sow

6) Open sub( or extra) accounts, that are not tied to your ATM card and keep your bulk money there. You may also invest in fixed deposits, it keeps your money safe

7) If you are not comfortable with using your ATM, rather than asking perfect strangers to help, please desist from using the card, till such a time as you can use it.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by yungwun(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2010
please, forgive my typos, typed the comment in a hurry. thanks! grin
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by rickie4us(m): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2010
why are my comments being deleted?
the bottom line is that I keep receiving such mails almost on a daily basis telling me to follow the link and fill in the details otherwise my account may be permanently deactivated. na wa for these fraudsters sha
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by yungwun(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2010
what fuckery!!!!
why are my comments being deleted?
if this is being done by the administrator, at least offer an explanation why you are doing so.
its kinda rude, to just delete my comments without telling me why and then make me go thru the stress of putting them up again.

there is no free speech here then!!
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by desolo: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
et me tell you. gt akowojo is more than dangerous because i owned an account with that branch before later i closed it just because i was sent a message to fill the datas which i did sent by interswitch and i saw gt bank logo on it. i later came to the bank they said it was fraudsters that sent the mail.
I asked how did these people know all my data and forwarded to email add. after so many investigation the bank and I did not positive comes out is all negative.
So people beware of this Gt bank branch. particularly Akowojo branch.
thanks

Bros ha can u hear ur self, why will u fill or exchange your datas on line are u in this country out all why will the bank pay u. u dont ave a claim so abeg na u do ur self ooooooo
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by desolo: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2010
hey stole 4.5m from my friend who lives abroad 300k is small.

With all due respect i dont agree with the story, cause 4.5m ha ha is a lot of cash and cant be done on atm machine.from facts u can only use 60k per day on atm, 250k per day on pos terminals so how 4.5m that bank is a good bank and dont join people to rubbish the bank o, yes they are not perfect but not to that extend
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by mbulela: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
i am deactivating my ATM card this week.
i no get liver for long story.
the money is not enough for me, talk less of fraudsters.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Confusion: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
im surprise that someone with enuf information can fall for such trick as fill ur card details over the net
for ur info their is no secure info over the internet
sorry sha
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by desolo: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
dnt think its abt filling any form. I suspect the prescence of a fifth columnist in GTB these days.

After depositing some money in my AC i had to deactivate my ATM even though I dont respond to those naughty scammers.

I was in GTB abule e

gb when an old woman came com plaining of unauthorised withdrawal from her ATM. She too had to deactivate the ATM.

Bros the fact is most mails u see on line are not from the banks, cause i work with a bank and its not possible to  do atm frauds. cards are done from sa, pin generated fromanother unit,  every transaction u do with ur atm we will know, most bank instantly send message even if its wrong pin so its we cause we dont ask questions we all belive we know all
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by CarlosVent(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2010
thanks for d info man
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by sleekman(m): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2010
I have a different theory as to how it is possible for people to loose money through ATMs. These ATMs are computers with a machine attached to them to dispense money so I believe the guys from the technical department install trojans/viruses to capture your card details anytime you go to cash money at the ATMs. My advice to anyone will be

1.to make sure withdrawals are only made at ATMs situated at banks.
2. Create 2 accounts e.g. Current & savings or savings/current hybrid & savings. Tie the ATM card  to your current or hybrid accounts and not your savings account. Leave little money in ur ATM account and transfer most of it to ur savings.
3. Use at least 3 debit cards tied to 3 different banks and leave small sums in them.
4. Save the number/s of ur bank branch, accounts officer, debit card company e.g. Interswitch, Visa, mastercard in ur phone. Have them on speed dial if possible.

I am of  the opinion that the card companies should operate an SMS service using an SMS code that enables a cardholder to self destruct his card or temporarily disable his card until he directs otherwise.

Wish us all luck.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by hammer07: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
i am surprised at this thread! will the poster say he/she was ignorant of the fact that atm fraud is now the inthing for scammers? you just rush to input sensitive data on any page that looks authentic.abeg no blame bank o.na them input your details for scammers page?
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Newest: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
Gtb Akowonjo na thief, My friend also lost 2k due to Atm transaction
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by kenuoyibo(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2010
It is not a GTB issue. Never reply any mail that tells you that interswitch needs your ATM pin to run maintenance. dont ever give your pin via mail ,it will be disastrous.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 29, 2010
desolo:

hey stole 4.5m from my friend who lives abroad 300k is small.

With all due respect i dont agree with the story, cause 4.5m ha ha is a lot of cash and cant be done on atm machine.from facts u can only use 60k per day on atm, 250k per day on pos terminals so how 4.5m that bank is a good bank and dont join people to rubbish the bank o, yes they are not perfect but not to that extend

You are talking bullshit,we all live abroad and the guy does car business.we were all there when the text messages started to come,the withdrawals was on weekend and it was 2 times and it was 4.5m.what do you mean by that ,even if you are doing PR for them you dont say what you dont know.I have so many units of shares in Gtb and they reward me.stop saying bullshit 4.5m vanished.He could not by ticket to Nigeria,because he did not plan it.but when he sent people to the bank,they were talking the same bullshit.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Carlosein(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2010
sleekman:

I have a different theory as to how it is possible for people to loose money through ATMs. These ATMs are computers with a machine attached to them to dispense money so I believe the guys from the technical department install trojans/viruses to capture your card details anytime you go to cash money at the ATMs. My advice to anyone will be

1.to make sure withdrawals are only made at ATMs situated at banks.
2. Create 2 accounts e.g. Current & savings or savings/current hybrid & savings. Tie the ATM card  to your current or hybrid accounts and not your savings account. Leave little money in your ATM account and transfer most of it to your savings.
3. Use at least 3 debit cards tied to 3 different banks and leave small sums in them.
4. Save the number/s of your bank branch, accounts officer, debit card company e.g. Interswitch, Visa, mastercard in your phone. Have them on speed dial if possible.

I am of  the opinion that the card companies should operate an SMS service using an SMS code that enables a cardholder to self destruct his card or temporarily disable his card until he directs otherwise.

Wish us all luck.

Generally good ideas except no. 4 above. Usually when you call banks, they don't pick up on first ring or even first call.
you'd need to dial several times before they pick up. By then, your money don waka far.

But any action is better than no action i guess.
Re: Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous by Buzman: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2010
I was at GTB Ojodu recently and I was surprised about the newest fraud in Nigerian Banking system. The bank was supposed to close at 4.30 pm, but by 4.00 pm they closed the gate and said there were too many people inside to be attended to. Later some security guards were coming out to demand for money so they could help cash customers' cheque for them. I was later told that the tips offered by customers are usually shared between the security staff and the cash tellers of the bank. Only in Nigeria do people pay to collect their own money!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Buy Amazon Gift Card / Should Unemployed Person Pay Tax? / Any Cpa Guru Here??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.