Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians (8348 Views)

Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2010
bloody nonsense.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by londoner: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2010
We should be happy for Ghana as Africans. They are the only African team left standing, the only one which has stopped this world cup from being a White wash on African soil. If it were Cameroon or Ivory Coast we would all be behind them also. Its just happened to be Ghana. Lets give credit where credit is due.

@OP, you can say all you want but you are chosing Ghana over Nigeria as a place of residence right now, where is your own solidarity/loyalty to Nigeria then?. I know ordinarily they wouldn't support us, but I believe wholeheartedly that if we were the only African team to get through Ghana and every other Black nationality would be behind us. I know what you are getting at also, but this is not the time for all that.

They deserve our support in this. I want them to get to the final!!!! Up Black Stars!!!!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Acidosis(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
@Poster, you made a lot of interesting & meaningful rubbish.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Iceugwa(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2010
love ur neighbour as urself
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2010
franklampard082:

BLOODY POSTER. IS IT THE WHOLE COUNYRY THAT IS PLAYING THE BALL?
I WONDER HOW SOME POSTS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE?
No need to play the insult game mate,only aired my opinion you are entitled to your's cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by tempest01(m): 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
africa united!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Litmus: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2010
The poster kinda has a point. This is Ghana's victory and glory. If it means more places for African teams then good. I for one am a Nigerian first and then secondly, uh, huh, um, Nigerian! grin
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by olalkn(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
Hey,
This is African United,lets forget this is Ghana.
All African united behind them,cus i am sure they will do this same.
Remember this is first time this tournament is coming to this continent.
All South Africa are behind them too.
Besides Ghanaians are our good neighbours.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by lysaa(f): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
@op
We are Africans!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2010
Litmus:

Nigerians are not Jealous people (jealousy is very bad  karma) this is why we Nigerians will always lead the way in Africa. The poster seems to be a Ghanaian from Ghana Accra and, perhaps, understandably  he/she wants the world to recognize Ghana's achievement and not have it overlooked under the guise of Africa. There is also a chance that the poster is a mischief maker who is a little miffed that Nigerians are  showing the world that we are quite happy for Ghana to succeed unlike Ghanaians who are quite happy for Nigerians to fail.

As for the world cup i believe that Honduras is quite beatable there is no reason why Ghana cant beat them and progress to the next round.

Good luck with that one.
Funny one there bros but i aint Ghanian o, OMO NAIJA NI MI NAIJA NI WON BI MI SI NAIJA NI MO TI BERE SIN KO ABC OMO NAIJA MO LE FI EYIN SHI PEPSI, iIam from Ekiti state i was born in UCH ibadan,primary school in kaduna,secondary school was federal government college ido-ani ondo state,uni was olabisi onabanjo university Ago-iwoye ogun state only doing my masters in Ghana, can i be more naija? am a 101%Naija breed, Nb Ghana will be playing Uruguay not Honduras , cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by tack: 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2010
leboss am surprise at ur outburst, well u gotten ur reply!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
Acidosis:

@Poster, you made a lot of interesting & meaningful rubbish.
lol funny you,at least the rubbish is still interesting and meaninful, cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Litmus: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2010

leboss6 (m)

Ghana will be playing Uruguay not Honduras , cheers

Oh yes, thanks for the correction. To be frank , sort of lost interest in the World Cup after Nigeria crashed out----
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
tack:

leboss am surprise at your outburst, well u gotten your reply!
Outburst? i don't get that mate.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by jmoore(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ghana is the only african team still in the tournament so all africans should support them. @poster, i believe you are one of those fans of english clubs. Why don't you show more passion to our own local clubs?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by johndavid1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

lol funny you,at least the rubbish is still interesting and meaninful, cheers
grin grin grin grin grin no be small thing oh!
jmoore:

Ghana is the only african team still in the tournament so all africans should support them. @poster, i believe you are one of those fans of english clubs. Why don't you show more passion to our own local clubs?
Abi?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
Kgdavid:

dont be myopic, yes it is ghanaians who are playing but they r not playing only for Ghana but for Africa. if Ghana get kncked out the papers will not run the headline "ghana fail to get past quater finals" but rather they would say " african teams continue to miss out on semi final spot". this is history being witten for africa and it does not matter who happens to be the instrument of fate. i celebrate with Ghana because African pride is still intact thanks to them. 
my brother whose national anthem is played before the match? Nigeria's? hell no, Ghana's? hell yeah,
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by 9jafreak: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
[size=13pt]Ghana

MUST

GO

ON,
[/size]

Nigeria: Such a waste!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
agabaI23:

l
                              v

Sums you up very well
are you kidding me? just those two phrases sums up my 26 years on earth?na wa o, funny you
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by LadyDee1(f): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2010
Freiburger:

Dude thats not true the Ghanaians will celebrate a Nigerian victory anytime any day. I watched that match with different ppl from over 9 countries, and they fevered with the Ghanians.

Your living in a lil bubble my dear, they wont, they may in your front but once your back is turned they will spit FIRE abt 9ja people,  Please do not be deceived or naive,

I am congratulating Black stars for their great performance and patriosm and want them to succeed,
However, that is where it stops!

I understand what the poster has said, he is not saying we are to stop congratulating them and celebrating, he is merely stating moderance without extravegance is needed,

Would you imagine the garbage im hereing fellow 9ja people vomit from their mouth abt denouncing there nationality because of black stars?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I WILL NEVER ever swap 9ja for Ghana, i craze? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
@OP, you can say all you want but you are chosing Ghana over Nigeria as a place of residence right now, where is your own solidarity/loyalty to Nigeria then?. I know ordinarily they wouldn't support us, but I believe wholeheartedly that if we were the only African team to get through Ghana and every other Black nationality would be behind us. I know what you are getting at also, but this is not the time for all that.

They deserve our support in this. I want them to get to the final!!!! Up Black Stars!!!!
[quote][/quote]My brother when a young lad with high hopes and aspirations finishes secondary school at 18 years of age and gets into the university immediately to study a four year course but ends up spending about 6 years and wants to go futher with his studies will you advice him to still school in Naija, i tell you Ghana was the last place i wanted to come to but when Oyinbo deny me Visa for no just reason except that i applied during the height of the Muttallab attempted bombing i come look say make i come my fellow AFRICAN  nation where standard of education is better, but you wont belive i suffer rasist abuses from my supposed fellow black man, Mike Adenuga sef hear am for here he had to close shop and vamose, bros all man for himself o Ghana people no send us at all, thats why every country as its own passport.cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=13pt]Ghana

MUST

GO

ON,
[/size]

Nigeria: Such a waste!
i know one day one day nigeria go better
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by AjanleKoko: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
@OP,
You know say Nigerians no dey gree. Why bother.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Cogito(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2010
I'll play Devil's Advocate here.

The poster has a point. When the World Cup is over and Ghana wins what does it change for Somalia, South Africa or Cameroon? When the suspension of disbelief is over what then? It will be Ghana's win and nobody else's. I find it slightly troubling (and almost insulting) that Africans and Western media are ready to lump the whole of the continent into one country.

Obviously, they Black Stars played a great game against the USA and overall are a pretty good team. I'm happy for them, I am, but as an African do I feel compelled to support them? No. We've already failed as a footballing continent that only one of our countries managed to get to the group stages so if Ghana wins the World Cup, Africa didn't win, Ghana did.

Kudos to them.

One the other hand should we take this a lesson and try to manifest this unconditional love for our fellow African nation into other walks of life apart from football?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
@OP, u'r nothing but a freaky freak!

Ever since D celebration of victory in africa, (to me) i'v never seen a celebration like when NIGERIA won olympic '96.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Borat1: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
Its shocking how this made the front page. . .
Insane.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by bisiaet: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Well I am happy and celebrate their qualification, but my celebrating it does not mean I am celebrating Ghana butt because at least one Africa country go a bit further and as our own baba eagle failed, so I am not celebrating Ghana if it were to be them they will not celebrate Nigeria sorry for saying this this is the Gospel truth I know them well so the issue of loving your neighbour as yourself is not applicable when it comes to relationship with our fellow African people because hearing the name Nigeria boils them up like a sore pls I dont really care what anybody will say as per this but this is the truth we love them but them never do but pretending, so I only celebrate Afirca advancement in the world cup as first in Africa soil but no Ghanian. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by ladej(m): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
Cogito:

I'll play Devil's Advocate here.

The poster has a point. When the World Cup is over and Ghana wins what does it change for Somalia, South Africa or Cameroon? When the suspension of disbelief is over what then? It will be Ghana's win and nobody else's. I find it slightly troubling (and almost insulting) that Africans and Western media are ready to lump the whole of the continent into one country.

Obviously, they Black Stars played a great game against the USA and overall are a pretty good team. I'm happy for them, I am, but as an African do I feel compelled to support them? No. We've already failed as a footballing continent that only one of our countries managed to get to the group stages so if Ghana wins the World Cup, Africa didn't win, Ghana did.

Kudos to them.

One the other hand should we take this a lesson and try to manifest this unconditional love for our fellow African nation into other walks of life apart from football?
if brazil wins what does it change for the remaining south american teams? nothing either. though i agree that it's ghana's victory through and through you are forgetting one major point, THE WORLD CUP IS BEING HOSTED IN AFRICA FOR THE FIRST TIME. its a landmark, a milestone. africa has been calling for this for a while and now it has been granted it would have been a disgrace if one african team didnt leave the group stages, now we have one in the final eight. its a progress to be proud of and we should all rally behind them. remember that this achievement might give africa an extra space to make it 6 in total
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Cogito(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2010
ladej:

if brazil wins what does it change for the remaining south american teams? nothing either. though i agree that it's ghana's victory through and through you are forgetting one major point, THE WORLD CUP IS BEING HOSTED IN AFRICA FOR THE FIRST TIME. its a landmark, a milestone. africa has been calling for this for a while and now it has been granted it would have been a disgrace if one african team didnt leave the group stages, now we have one in the final eight. its a progress to be proud of and we should all rally behind them. remember that this achievement might give africa an extra space to make it 6 in total

I'll certainly be happy for them if they win but I still don't feel compelled to support them. I've tried but it'd be pretentious if I changed mouth all of a sudden. Maybe I need to warm up to them some more. At the same time, it's not like I'm supporting any other country I'm just curious to see who'll win and watching the mates is great fun.

And yes, the World Cup is being hosted in South Africa, when it's hosted in another cardinal point in Africa then to me at least, it'll stop being a novelty.

Maybe I'm just being too cynical, I can see the positives, but like I said, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here,
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by bgees(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
How did this moronic topic make the homepage?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by yommyuk: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2010
We should be happy for Ghana as Africans. They are the only African team left standing, the only one which has stopped this world cup from being a White wash on African soil. If it were Cameroon or Ivory Coast we would all be behind them also. Its just happened to be Ghana. Lets give credit where credit is due.

Valid point - OMO IYA
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
jmoore:

up 3sc, up shooting stars, sooting for life, started supporting chelsea fc when celestine babayaro was there and now our very own John Obi Mikel stars for them not to talk of another of our own Mike Emenalo who is the head scout of chelsea.
Ranoscky:

@OP, u'r nothing but a freaky freak!

Ever since D celebration of victory in africa, (to me) i'v never seen a celebration like when NIGERIA won olympic '96.
Thanks a mill at least you did not call me a goat a dog or monkey,my consolation?freaks are humans too, no offence taken, cheers
bgees:

How did this moronic topic make the homepage?Because a sensible and wise educated "slowpoke" like me posted it, lets see you do better, cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again / Soccer Stars Project Confirms 22 Players From Akwa Ibom, Set For Abuja Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.