Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians (8352 Views)

Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by bigo55: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
as we have to realize that it only takes a few to destroy the lives of many. we tend to like bad new more than good news vbecause bad news develops more arguments and as africans we love to about irrelevant and petty things. yes there are many nigerians in ghana just there for business and to enjoy the peaceful climate has develop and there are some there to just do evil things. there are some ghanaians who don't hear anything good about nigeria but like i said there is a few. it is up to the new generation whom I called excuse my language " the don't give a Bleep generation. yes they don't give a Bleep about where you are from. what religion, the color, the sex and etc as long as we get along and it makes them happy. In school most of my friends r nigerians and liberians. but i believe we r moving in the right direction ghanaian, nigerians and liberians r now intermarying which can only be good. so the "dont give a Bleep generation lets seak out the bad seeds and expose them. I really like what i am seeing on nairaland, the people that is condeming who ever talk shit about ghana are nigerians. united west african countries instead of united states of africa
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by SirKay3(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ Akwasi, Tut and Ghana Gul,

Etse sen! Ghana Black Stars have made us proud. Wa yia de papapaaa! Ley Ghana, hey ley champion!

Abeg, don't mind my fellow Nigerians. If we see something good than our own, can't we appreciate it! Infact, yo fre wo mi e Kwame, my wife and all my children all have Ghana names(Kwame, Kojo, Abena and Esi)! Matter finish! I'm loving it here in Ghana.

Nyame n shra mooo!

@ Aishabee,

Hope you had nice times while here? You've said it all, let's check ourselves.

Up Black Stars! !
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by coolestboy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
nothing is wrong 2 celebrate wit our brothers. but na shame
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2010
Bleep ghana for all i care they are happy we are out so why should i rejoice with em suckers. How i wish ivory coast was the one there.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by PROJECT: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
leboss.nigerians at home dont understand what u are saying so just leave them alone,did u notice that the cote divoire,cameroon algeria last matches where not aired on gtv,thats how bad this guys are , they want to pull evryother country down ,i watched our last match and i saw how the ghanaian where happy when we lost ,listen to the medi and see how they talk but u see lets not cry over spilled milk,we deserve what we get , when we sit on blogs like this and curse eacthother what do u expect,nigerian businesses are cloing down here because of their zenophobi tendencies but its all good,i have some good ghanaian friends and so i wish them well,if ghana wins its not for africa that what this nigerians dont understand,there is nothing like united staes of africa, only nigeria beleives in this big brother attitude,its a shame,lets just protect our interest as a nation
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^Do u live in ghana?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by luap: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2010
I am American, I was sad we lost, but had to give recognition and adoration to the Ghana soccer team. They played a good game. The last goal was made while the guy was hit in the back and he twisted his body to make the kick. that was skill!!!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by CarlosVent(m): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2010
dis thread shuld be banned pls
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
Bleep ghana still. I know am one of the dont give a Bleep generation but Bleep ghana. People who inter marry are mainly minority tribes so Bleep'em all too. Used too love them until i found out their bunch of Judases! Fuckers!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by GuapBanga: 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
Am sure Sir Kay is married to a Ghanaian,lol. Before I came to Ghana, I had very fond experiences with Ghanaians where i lived in North London. However coming to Ghana was a totally different experience, getting a house was difficult. The average Ghanaian is EXTREMELY dishonest. I have had money, and property stolen from me. I am not saying all Ghanaians are bad, but there is a "Holier than though" attitude about the people. They commit the same Heinous crimes Nigerians commit, but sugar coat it with propaganda and biased press. Lesboss and Project speak on! I didn't come here to beg or do runz or hustle and is ecstatic that my stay is coming to an end here. Go on Ghanaweb and read the crap they write bout Nigeria, "Send them packing", "419 people" etc. Forgetting that Nigeria is the BIGGEST INVESTOR HERE

1. 4 AIRLINES

2. Ghana's first and only modern day cinema is owned by Nigerians ( Silverbird)

3. We've got six insurance companies here.

4. About six banks

5. Chatterhouse is Nigerian owned ( They host Ghana music awards and are the biggest PR company here)\

6. MTECH is Nigeria owned ( Ghana's most beautiful text service).

7. GLO ( They sponsor the national team and local league)

8. NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST AMOUNT OF TOURIST WITH THE STRONGEST SPENDING POWER HERE.

NIGERIA CONTRIBUTES AND EMPLOYS ABOUT 20% OF THE TOTAL WORK FORCE HERE AND CONTRIBUTES ABOUT $2BN TO THEIR ECONOMY, But all you hear is xenophobic rhetorics about Nigerians and never the POSITIVE

WHILST I AM FULLY BEHIND THE BLACKSTARS, BEAR IN MIND THAT MAJORITY OF THEM WOULD NOT DO THE SAME FOR US
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by ponytail: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2010
It's well known that there is a not-so-pleasant history that exists between Ghana and Nigeria. A cursory understanding of it explains the animosity most Ghanaians feel towards Nigeria, present situations don't help. They made the best of what the hand they were dealt and have succeeded in building an increasingly stable economy, its no surprise that they should guard it jealously. The impact of stories from the older generation of how they were treated in the 70s/80s cant possibly be helped by Nigerians using their country (that they have fought so hard to stabilize) as a base for fraud. (Very insightful reading Zucker)

On the other hand its pretty annoying when you encounter the dislike as a Nigerian, especially when you have no ulterior motives. It can be very irritating and you are naturally prone to slash back. Even something as trivial as Big Brother shows there is no love lost. None of the Ghanaian and Nigerian contestants ever get on, and with all due respect to any Ghanaians that might be reading this, its more often than not the Ghanaian contestant that sets up the divide. The justifiability of his/her strategy is entirely another issue.

I guess the important thing is what to do going forward. There are good and bad people everywhere. And I am not suggesting any country is better than the other in any spectre, I don't have enough facts to make a conclusive statement. But there's obviously a benefit to both countries if we combine our strengths, certainly the nationalists from both countries recognized that. Very few times, we are given opportunities to re-write history. And this might well be one of them. Its up to the people that appreciate to strive to heal past wounds.

And even if you don't believe in sentiments, at least appreciate the fact that they fought a good battle. The ESPN commentators have been quite disparaging about all the African teams, Ghana included. I for one am glad they kicked U.S' butt!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by SirKay3(m): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Guap Banga,

My wife, our children and I are Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2010
Can some1 introduce me to a ghanian site pls.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by SirKay3(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Ranoscky,

There are many of them, but these are the ones I visit regularly for news.

myjoyonline.com
ghanaweb.com
ghananation.com
peacefmonline.com
businessghana.com
ghanacelebrities.com
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2010
^^^GOD bless u Sir kay. i really appreciate! let me hike-in and figure out life in ghanian site.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Africason(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
kazman7:

i feel you my brother, i was in accra for just a week last year and i do visit their forums from time to time,the hatred some of them exhibit especially on the forum is really very bad,but what can an elder brother do to stubborn sibling? you just have to love them for who they are,since you alone cannot change their attitudes towards you.go blackstars!

Errmm. . .  at times i don't understand where the notion '9ja is the elder brother of Ghana' comes from. Why do you guys always say that? Is it becos of the size of 9ja or what? As far as i know Ghana gained independence b4 9ja, so whats this 9ja being the elder sibling?

In a nutshell, ghana was born b4 9ja so lets cut that cow dung! Well, am from both sides so i don't hate anything about 'em 2 lovely  countries. wink
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by BloodShed1: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
What I find interesting is how many Nigerians were so divided amongst each other over the Sani Kaita incident. I couldn't believe some of the comments. Now an African team is advancing in the World Cup and the same thing is continuing. People need to get over that, seriously.

Nothing wrong with supporting our West African neighbors at all. We have the same problems among our own people in Nigeria but we are united when Nigeria plays, until someone fvcks up. Not much difference really.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by marvelck: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2010
TOO LATE TO SHINE,

It's our time to shine,
as our African skies are lite up with stars,
Celebrating the love of the game,
and the coming together of nations,
who bask in the euphoria of a vivacious crowd,
and surrounded by the deafening but exciting sound
of the vuvuzelas,
blown from dusk to dawn,
as teams battle among themselves,
for the coveted trophy.
and as the world cup enters it's crucial stages,
there've been so much struggles, surprises and upsets,
even fears and tears,
from an aged and spineless Italian side,
a crisis-prone and colourless French team,
and an highly rated but fearful "Three Lions",
who had so much, but gave so little.
and not to forget our own
ever woeful Nigerian Eagles,
and a disappointing Ivorien and Camerounian teams,
who failed to seize the opportunity
of a tired and wobbling European contigent,
to shine.
like the South Americans,
led by Argentina and Brazil,
who have shone like a million stars,
leaving many dazed and stunned,
with their sublime skills and determination,
to excel and be counted among the best.
This could have been our time,
on our own motherland,
to make "HISTORY"
if not for our emissaries,
who ended up misery,
and made mockery of us,
before our adversaries,
unable to do what,
even a "5 year old"
could have done so easily.
but for Ghana and South Africa,
who gave us a few to flaunt,
our story would have become history.
And as the contest get tougher,
the "real" contenders can only get stronger,
like true champions,
and with enough passion to aim higher,
and become like heroes,
and not zeroes,
like our own Eagles,
with over-bloated egos,
but with less laurels and Euros,
compares to other Eto's.
and as the rest wave their flags,
it's definitely too late to shine for the likes of Yakubus, Martins, Osazes and the Kaitas,

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2010
If ghana pass quater final ehn. . .if na mercedes benz be my prefered 1st car wey i wan buy, make i buy toyota!

no doubt, the ghanians are going home after their last match, and na dem go cry pass. make una mark my word, july 3rd 2010 is the day that ghana will put sorrows in the lifes of their supporters, after their match against uruguay! cry cry cry na there u go see say black man no good to cry b'cos, if 'em dey cry, 'em face go be like smilling monkey! grin
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Syenite(m): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2010
Do you know that every match Ghana wins they also see it as a win against Nigeria?
Yes it is that bad. Do u know y they so much celebrated their qualification for 2nd round despite the loss to Germany? It was because Nigeria didn't make it and they made it. I have never supported Ghanaian football at any level because they so much hate Nigerians.

I can support Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Mali or any other African country but not Ghana and South Africa. Those guys no like us at all. God help Nigeria if Ghana should get to the semis.

MY PRAYER IS GOD PLEASE LET URUGUAY BEAT GHANA FOR US. To save us from the agony of being taunted by a small neighbour. angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Africason(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2010
Syenite:

Do you know that every match Ghana wins they also see it as a win against Nigeria?
Yes it is that bad. Do u know y they so much celebrated their qualification for 2nd round despite the loss to Germany? It was because Nigeria didn't make it and they made it. I have never supported Ghanaian football at any level because they so much hate Nigerians.

I can support Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Mali or any other African country but not Ghana and South Africa. Those guys no like us at all. God help Nigeria if Ghana should get to the semis.

MY PRAYER IS GOD PLEASE LET URUGUAY BEAT GHANA FOR US. To save us from the agony of being taunted by a small neighbour. angry angry angry

Now thats what i call being cheap! What a loser! embarassed
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2010
They are suffering from chronic inferiority complex. And they will never accept that without Nigeria they are nothing. Majority of them are bunch of Suckers! How i wish Cameroon or Ivory Coast was the one in that position. I would have loved it. These Ghanians dont realise that hating Nigerians is like biting the hands that feeds you. And Nigerians still love them even with all thier hatred. Please smarten up Nigerians these people hate us with passion except few of them. Hate for hate! Stop being nice they dont worth it anymore. Fuckers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2010
They are suffering from chronic inferiority complex. And they will never accept that without Nigeria they are nothing. Majority of them are bunch of Suckers! How i wish Cameroon or Ivory Coast was the one in that position. I would have loved it. These Ghanians dont realise that hating Nigerians is like biting the hands that feeds you. And Nigerians still love them even with all thier hatred. Please smarten up Nigerians these people hate us with passion except few of them. Hate for hate! Stop being nice they dont worth it anymore. Fuckers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
Who give's a Rat's a$$ if a place like G*h^@%n#a Exist? undecided suck 'em ALL! FREAKY FREAKS!!!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by otum4: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
THIS IS WHT I CALL HATRED IN THE HIGHEST OFFICE OF THE BRAIN, "LEBOSS"! I BET U ALSO IMAGINE SHOOTING EVERY SINGLE GHANAIAN CITIZEN U SEE ON 'EM ACCRA STREETS TO ABI?, WHT ACTUALLY HURTS ME IS, HE PROLLY HANGS WIT HIS GHANAIAN FRIENDS AND PRETEND THE WHOLE DAY, ONLY IF THEY NEW, SHAME ON U MR.LEBOSS, I AIN' GOT NU'N ELSE TO SAY, GOD BLESS US ALL wink
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Africason(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
otum4:

THIS IS WHT I CALL HATRED IN THE HIGHEST OFFICE OF THE BRAIN, "LEBOSS"! I BET U ALSO IMAGINE SHOOTING EVERY SINGLE GHANAIAN CITIZEN U SEE ON 'EM ACCRA STREETS TO ABI?,  WHT ACTUALLY HURTS ME IS, HE PROLLY HANGS WIT HIS GHANAIAN FRIENDS AND PRETEND THE WHOLE DAY, ONLY IF THEY NEW, SHAME ON U MR.LEBOSS, I AIN' GOT NU'N ELSE TO SAY, GOD BLESS US ALL wink

Thank you! This world is full of scummies with hatred filled hearts. At least am from both worlds and i've lived in both countries b4 so hatred for either of them is not in my vocabulary.

Ranoscky:

Who give's a Rat's a$$ if a place like G*h^@%n#a Exist? undecided suck 'em ALL!      FREAKY FREAKS!!!

Oh dear dear dear!  lipsrsealed

Ruq:

They are suffering from chronic inferiority complex.  And they will never accept that without Nigeria they are nothing. Majority of them are bunch of Suckers! How i wish Cameroon or Ivory Coast was the one in that position. I would have loved it. These Ghanians dont realise that hating Nigerians is like biting the hands that feeds you. And Nigerians still love them even with all thier hatred. Please smarten up Nigerians these people hate us with passion except few of them. Hate for hate! Stop being nice they dont worth it anymore. Fuckers

Did you just post the same thing twice? OMDs, you must have been hurt by a Ghanaian? How sad!  embarassed  Get a grip mate!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by kobikwelu(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
sumtime this year,

i had the opportunity to chat up an ghanian lady,

i asked her what the average ghanian opinion of the nigerian was,

YOU WONT BELIEVE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

-we are very ritualistic
-very dirty
-very cunning

i was dumbfounded

i had to correct that impression very fast!!!!!

AS bout the world cup,
i always preffered ivory coast
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2010
^^^And what did u reply her?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
They are all just stupidd!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by K4: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2010
I need to say a few things here. I lived in Nigeria until a four weeks ago when I moved back to Ghana.While in Nigeria,a lot of Nigerians openly declared their support for opponents of Ghana whenever Ghana played.Some Nigerians openly expressed their hatred for Ghana and made a lot of cynical comments especially when contributing to matches involving Ghana.Yes they was unmistakable animosity among Nigerian fans toward Ghana.I know that as a fact. During the African Cup of Nations 2008-hosted by Ghana-I was attending a meeting at the Merit House in Abuja while Ghana was playing Guinea in the opening match. I came out of the hall and saw the security guys watching the match on a small telly. I asked what the score was.One guard retorted,"it is nil-nil but I want Ghana to lose." I said thank you and left. was in Lagos during the CAN hosted by Senegal.Ghana lost to Ivory Coast via penalties. I was driving along Awolowo Road when a loud cheer went up. And when I asked folks what was happening they told me Ivory Coast had won! even during the last youth championship in Egypt lots of Nigerians supported Brazil again Ghana in the final.

I haven't seen folks fly their national flag the way I have seen in Ghana. Virtually every vehicle and house carries at least a flag-seen some cars with 2 or 3.The atmosphere is simply incredible!I haven't heard that much talk about Nigeria in the media here so far. My suggestion is that Nigerians have the right to support whichever team they want to support,it wont change the fortunes of Ghana anyway. And so long as they express themselves devoid of insults or denigrating comments then I don't have a problem with that

I don't really don't care if Nigerians support Ghana or not.I am rather appalled by the attempt to project this "hatred" as a purely Ghanaian phenomenon. Perhaps some Ghanaians may support teams playing Nigeria but it is obvious that yo don't hear the kinda of xenophobic comments you tend to hear on radio stations likeNigeria's Brilla FM in Ghana. Often, the talk is about the Black Stars.Ghanaians sole obsession is with their own national team.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ruq: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2010
@k4 why do feel all you have typed are lies They aint know truth in that.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by otum4: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2010
Thank u very much brotha K4, let tha haterz hate and tha lovers love, after all Ghana being in the quarters has redeemed potential, 1 thing tho, the likes of ''leboss'' and co ain' many, as long as rasism exists these leboss-like minds will too, cheers to those cheering Ghana on, God bless y'all,

@Africanson, God bless u brotha,

PS, I read this comment by a white dude on the Yahoo sports section and it went like this, ''I HOPE URUGUAY BEATS THIS LAST AFRICAN COUNTRY FOR ALL THEY SEEM TO BE GOOD AT IS FAILURE IN EVERYTHING THEY DO'', how sad our fellow brothers are wishing same, : wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again / Soccer Stars Project Confirms 22 Players From Akwa Ibom, Set For Abuja Screening / Chelsea VS Barcelona At 12:30 Today (Women's Champions League Semi-Final).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.