Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians (8356 Views)

Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by davidif: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
HOW THE HECK DID THIS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE??

AREN'T WE SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY FOR OUR BROTHERS?? GEEZ, WHAT NONSENSE JEALOUSY.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by NADYBOY: 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
@Leboss6
Why are you wearing the toga of Jealousy?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
Quote from @OP: "but you wont belive i suffer rasist abuses from my supposed fellow black man, Mike Adenuga sef hear am for here he had to close shop and vamose, bros all man for himself o Ghana people no send us at all,"

Quote from bisiaet: "hearing the name Nigeria boils them up like a sore pls I dont really care what anybody will say as per this but this is the truth we love them but them never do but pretending,"

That means what peeps have been saying about ghana is true! so they'v saying soughts of rubbish about us why we welcome them with open arms as our big neighbours. ok, no problem. OP i'm sorry for ma previous post, abeg no think am u hear? as for the ghanians, i hope say a ghanian dey NL make he or she dey hear me, I DON HATE UNA DIE! sad I value the shyt of a mad man more than u ghanians from now on. i can never support u guys again in this W.C, and bet me, u guys are going out on ur next match, take it from me! sad
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by slap1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ok, I have covered my face in shame.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
yommyuk:

We should be happy for Ghana as Africans. They are the only African team left standing, the only one which has stopped this world cup from being a White wash on African soil. If it were Cameroon or Ivory Coast we would all be behind them also. Its just happened to be Ghana. Lets give credit where credit is due.

Valid point - OMO IYA
@Poster, Take  It or continue with your unspeakable, unpalatable, retrogressive, humiliating, accursed, ignominious and reduntant thread. Cheers!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by EzeUche(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2010
I agree with the OP. Ghanaians do not really like Nigerians so why should we support them? My time in Accra, I experience so much vitrol, due to being Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
pally i have not said we should not be happy for them, but that is where it should stop, not where people are spitting rubbush and saying they wanna change there nationality to ghana just because of a football match, dont get me wrong, cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
Acidosis:

@Poster, Take  It or continue with your unspeakable, unpalatable, retrogressive, humiliating, redundant, accursed, ignominious and reduntant thread. Cheers!  
hurray we got a professor of english in the building,oya now school me, please more words am sincerly learning from you, cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ranoscky:

Quote from @OP: "but you wont belive i suffer rasist abuses from my supposed fellow black man, Mike Adenuga sef hear am for here he had to close shop and vamose, bros all man for himself o Ghana people no send us at all,"

Quote from bisiaet: "hearing the name Nigeria boils them up like a sore pls I dont really care what anybody will say as per this but this is the truth we love them but them never do but pretending,"

That means what peeps have been saying about ghana is true! so they'v saying soughts of rubbish about us why we welcome them with open arms as our big neighbours. ok, no problem. OP i'm sorry for ma previous post, abeg no think am u hear? as for the ghanians, i hope say a ghanian dey NL make he or she dey hear me, I DON HATE UNA DIE! sad I value the shyt of a mad man more than u ghanians from now on. i can never support u guys again in this W.C, and bet me, u guys are going out on your next match, take it from me! sad  Bros nothing do you, we get to learn every day, cheers

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by 9ijaprince(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2010
I still remember that in 1996 when nigeria won olympics gold ghana government congratulated us. So nothing bad about that.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
the word patriotism means loyalty and commitment to ones COUNTRY currect me if im wrong but there is no word in the dictionary for showing commitment to ones CONTINENT!! all u guys yarning "we are africans" obviousle have never encountered ghanians first hand. they would NEVER celebrate a nigerian win(they are more likely to display jelousy considering the complex they have for us) and are probably laughing their heads off seeing us trying to "attatch" to them bcuz they progressed in the world cup and we did not. you are not obliged to support a team just becuz ur country is situated on the same continent with them how much of an a.ss kisser can u be? do u think brazilians celebrate argentinas wins or england celebrates for scotland? this whole "we are africans thing" just shows how inferior we fricans feel toward the western world to the extent that we consider one counrtys progress as a victory for the ENTIRE continent! its disgusting. we are better than that. u are nigerian and owe NOTHING to ghana. congratulate them in the spirit of sportmanship but let it stop there!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Cogito(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

the word patriotism means loyalty and commitment to ones COUNTRY currect me if im wrong but there is no word in the dictionary for showing commitment to ones CONTINENT!! all u guys yarning "we are africans" obviousle have never encountered ghanians first hand. they would NEVER celebrate a nigerian win(they are more likely to display jelousy considering the complex they have for us) and are probably laughing their heads off seeing us trying to "attatch" to them bcuz they progressed in the world cup and we did not. you are not obliged to support a team just becuz your country is situated on the same continent with them how much of an behind kisser can u be? do u think brazilians celebrate argentinas wins or england celebrates for scotland? this whole "we are africans thing" just shows how inferior we fricans feel toward the western world to the extent that we consider one counrtys progress as a victory for the ENTIRE continent! its disgusting. we are better than that. u are nigerian and owe NOTHING to ghana. congratulate them in the spirit of sportmanship but let it stop there!

Thank you jare!!

Too many knee-jerk reactions in this thread.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Browser69(m): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
@OP, I think you should write this as a protest letter to the presidency and copy NFA, NSC and NFF. May be they can dn something about CRAWLING EAGLES to make us happy in d future.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ranoscky(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
I don hate ghana. sad. . .i hate dem with passion now!
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Borat1: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2010
Inferiority complex go kill people for here o
kai
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
Browser69:

@OP, I think you should write this as a protest letter to the presidency and copy NFA, NSC and NFF. May be they can dn something about CRAWLING EAGLES to make us happy in d future.
My brother God bless you jare, now we are heading somewhere,the whole idea is to get our acts right and find ways of making our own team better not seeking to share or claim another mans hard earned victory.cheers.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2010
Cogito:

Thank you jare!!

Too many knee-jerk reactions in this thread.
please help me tell them o make them free Ghana,make them no dey clinch.you are highly mouthed
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
Leboss6, your gripe here makes little sense, not sure if it actually fits the Sport, Politics or Tribalist section.

What's wrong with being happy for a winning country? Are you really that narrow minded, that you're only willing to support Nigeria, if indeed you're actually a Nigerian? I sense a lot of bitterness and hate in your posts.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not about patrotism, it's about choice. If a Nigerian is happy that Ghana won, good for him / her. This is one of the very reasons I can't stand football - it appears to turn normally rational beings into hate-filled individuals, they lose all sense of direction. It's meant to be a fun sport, but people like yourself take it way too seriously, and find political / racial angles, where none should exist.

Well done, Ghana.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by londoner: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2010
@leboss, when I saw someone say they want to change nationalty I just rolled my eyes, its the usual childish outbursts that some Nigerians engage in when talking about Nigeria. Those types do it at every opportunity. They should be ignored. I am proud of Black Stars as Africans, because they are the only ones still in the WC who are African, simple and the world cup is for the first time being held on the continent.

Did you not feel a sense of pride as an African that it was being held in Africa? Or did the fact that it was not in Nigeria stop you? I know exactly the xenophobia towards Nigerians you speak of where Ghanaians are concerned, believe me, but there comes a point where you have to rise above the foolish mentality of some people. I deliberately stayed away from them for years because of it, but you know what? When I come across one, I just pity them from afar. However I still have time for the Ghanaians who dont think that way and they too exist.

I believe everyone here would be even more ecstatic if Nigeria had been in the last 8 along side Ghana, our players thought different even causing us to play at a disadvantage. If anyone should be more patriotic its them.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Akwasi(m): 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ranoscky:

That means what peeps have been saying about ghana is true! so they'v saying soughts of rubbish about us why we welcome them with open arms as our big neighbours. ok, no problem. OP i'm sorry for ma previous post, abeg no think am u hear? as for the ghanians, i hope say a ghanian dey NL make he or she dey hear me, I DON HATE UNA DIE! sad I value the shyt of a mad man more than u ghanians from now on. i can never support u guys again in this W.C, and bet me, u guys are going out on your next match, take it from me! sad  

I dont know but this is the most silly post I have ever read on nairaland. I get baffled how come such people are able to write English. Or may be the owner of that idea never actually wrote the post himself.

To other reasonable Nigerians, don't take those trash. There is no rivalry between the two countries. If there is anything, I will say generally it is brotherly relationship. Some few people at both sides tend to expose feelings of jealousy towards themselves but it stays as that.

I happened to join nairaland during one of those nasty arguments. Naturally I joined in the fray and started writing rubbish about Nigeria and stuff. Later, I travelled to London and what I experienced made me wonder if I am still human. I never cared about that one much. My real experience came when I went to India last year on a business trip.

These guys were worse. They were very racist towards me. I really felt humiliated because naturally I have always been respected wherever I went. My self confidence suddenly left me and I completely changed. Unnecessary to say, it affected my trip seriously and I decided to return to Ghana without completing any deal. That was when my whole perception about my fellow African changed. I went to the "Gate of India" in Mumbai(in front of the Taj--the hotel that was attacked by the terrorists last two years in mumbai) and I met this Naija brother. Instantly I ran to him and started speaking to him in English. from his accent, I realized he was from Naija so we just spoke some pigin.

I told him what I went through and with his companionship and encouragement, I got my confidence back and was able to close the deal.

All of you guys who think you have the reason to jealous any other African country, take this message from me, "You are a fool and very shallow minded". The world is not about your pettiness. Compare your country to the West and that is where the action is.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by chidichris(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2010
@original poster,
if there is anyone to cover his face with shame, it has to be u.
one for associating with loosers, secondly for leaving ur country to run to ghana.
have u not heard, success has many relatives.
sports is known for happiness and if nigeria is not making u happy,. u can decide to get ur happiness from togo or burkina faso.
the idea here is to make ourselves happy by all means.
if the desired is not available, the available will become the desirable.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2010
Siena:

Leboss6, your gripe here makes little sense, not sure if it actually fits the Sport, Politics or Tribalist section.

What's wrong with being happy for a winning country? Are you really that narrow minded, that you're only willing to support Nigeria, if indeed you're actually a Nigerian? I sense a lot of bitterness and hate in your posts.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not about patrotism, it's about choice. If a Nigerian is happy that Ghana won, good for him / her. This is one of the very reasons I can't stand football - it appears to turn normally rational beings into hate-filled individuals, they lose all sense of direction. It's meant to be a fun sport, but people like yourself take it way too seriously, and find political / racial angles, where none should exist.

Well done, Ghana.
It seems you did not read the thread before posting your comment, i have said it countless times that there is nothing wrong in congratulating a "rival" and wishing them well,thats what the spirit of sportmanship is all about, but when nigerians denounce there country and say things like they have changed there names to koffi,mensah,essien,muntari and co or that they wish they are ghanians and not nigerians then you will see that as a nation we are our own worst enemies, bitterness and hate?for the Ghanians? i live in ghana pal and watched the match with Ghanians and after the match i congratulated them for a well deserved victory, but Naija is my motherland and am proud to be truly naija,
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
Akwasi:

I dont know but this is the most silly post I have ever read on nairaland. I get baffled how come such people are able to write English. Or may be the owner of that idea never actually wrote the post himself.

To other reasonable Nigerians, don't take those trash. There is no rivalry between the two countries. If there is anything, I will say generally it is brotherly relationship. Some few people at both sides tend to expose feelings of jealousy towards themselves but it stays as that.

I happened to join nairaland during one of those nasty arguments. Naturally I joined in the fray and started writing rubbish about Nigeria and stuff. Later, I travelled to London and what I experienced made me wonder if I am still human. I never cared about that one much. My real experience came when I went to India last year on a business trip.

These guys were worse. They were very racist towards me. I really felt humiliated because naturally I have always been respected wherever I went. My self confidence suddenly left me and I completely changed. Unnecessary to say, it affected my trip seriously and I decided to return to Ghana without completing any deal. That was when my whole perception about my fellow African changed. I went to the "Gate of India" in Mumbai(in front of the Taj--the hotel that was attacked by the terrorists last two years in mumbai) and I met this Naija brother. Instantly I ran to him and started speaking to him in English. from his accent, I realized he was from Naija so we just spoke some pigin.

I told him what I went through and with his companionship and encouragement, I got my confidence back and was able to close the deal.

All of you guys who think you have the reason to jealous any other African country, take this message from me, "You are a fool and very shallow minded". The world is not about your pettiness. Compare your country to the West and that is where the action is.
it seem you wanna lay claim to having the monopoly to English language else you will not call to question a person ability to speak the English language, it seems you are Ghanaian judging from your name, am so happy to have a Ghanaian here at last, please my friend CAN YOU TELL NAIRALANDERS WHAT HAPPENED TO GLOBALCOM TELECOMMUNICATIONS OWNED BY A NIGERIAN OTUBA MIKE ADENUGA IN GHANA?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Akwasi(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

it seem you wanna lay claim to having the monopoly to English language else you will not call to question a person ability to speak the English language, it seems you are Ghanaian judging from your name, am so happy to have a Ghanaian here at last, please my friend CAN YOU TELL NAIRALANDERS WHAT HAPPENED TO GLOBALCOM TELECOMMUNICATIONS OWNED BY A NIGERIAN OTUBA MIKE ADENUGA IN GHANA?

Globacom has been given the headline sponsorship of the Black Stars. They sponsor the Ghanaian Premier League and they are erecting their masts to start their operations in Ghana. Is that bad?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2010
londoner:

@leboss, when I saw someone say they want to change nationalty I just rolled my eyes, its the usual childish outbursts that some Nigerians engage in when talking about Nigeria. Those types do it at every opportunity. They should be ignored. I am proud of Black Stars as Africans, because they are the only ones still in the WC who are African, simple  and the world cup is for the first time being held on the continent.

Did you not feel a sense of pride as an African that it was being held in Africa? Or did the fact that it was not in  Nigeria stop you? I know exactly the xenophobia towards Nigerians you speak of where Ghanaians are concerned, believe me, but there comes a point where you have to rise above the foolish mentality of some people. I deliberately stayed away from them for years because of it, but you know what? When I come across one, I just pity them from afar. However I still have time for  the Ghanaians who dont think that way and they too exist.

I believe everyone here would be even more ecstatic if Nigeria had been in the last 8 along side Ghana, our players thought different even causing us to play at a disadvantage. If anyone should be more patriotic its them.Points well noted bro, cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
chidichris:

@original poster,
if there is anyone to cover his face with shame, it has to be u.
one for associating with loosers, secondly for leaving your country to run to ghana.
have u not heard, success has many relatives.
sports is known for happiness and if nigeria is not making u happy,. u can decide to get your happiness from togo or burkina faso.
the idea here is to make ourselves happy by all means.
if the desired is not available, the available will become the desirable.

cover my eyes with shame cos my beloved country lost out?hell no,i will rather associate with my country even when they lose than transfer my loyalty to another as for my leaving in Ghana thta aint no big deal sides i come home every 3 months cos i miss my dearly beloved lasgigi Lagos, when naiaj loses i lose with them and when we win i win with them, PROUDLY NAIJA.cheers
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

It seems you did not read the thread before posting your comment, i have said it countless times that there is nothing wrong in congratulating a "rival" and wishing them well,thats what the spirit of sportmanship is all about, but when nigerians denounce there country and say things like they have changed there names to koffi,mensah,essien,muntari and co or that they wish they are ghanians and not nigerians then you will see that as a nation we are our own worst enemies

That's the trouble with you - your thread's very inconsistent. First it was about Nigerians sharing the victory with Ghana, congratulating them on their win, then it's now about Nigerians claiming to be Ghanian.

Stick to at least one issue, then at least your thread will make more sense than it currently does. As for those denouncing their country, that's their business, as long as it doesn't affect you, why should you care?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by bawomolo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
this thread is unnecessary.

people have a right to support whatever country for different reasons. some support based on geography, some support based on style of play.

deal with it and enjoy the game
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
Akwasi:

Globacom has been given the headline sponsorship of the Black Stars. They sponsor the Ghanaian Premier League and they are erecting their masts to start their operations in Ghana. Is that bad?
installing masts? you make me laugh that had being going on for almost three years,What about the refusal to grant him operational liscence and the vandalisation of equipments and structures installed by the company?about him sponsoring the local league it only shows you the Genuine love we nigerians have for Ghana but what do we get in return?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by kweenchi(f): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
I agree with the poster! Ghanians hate Nigerians, and they will not support us in any matter. They might smile in your face but inside they wish evil upon you.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Anabel(f): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2010
we re africans, we re africans, we re africans, africans aaaaaaahuuuuuuuu
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by chiogo(f): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2010
LOOOOL @ poster.

True, Nigeria has about 7 times Ghana's population and they couldn't produce enough able-bodied men for this world cup stuff grin

Even the US isn't big on soccer still they made it farther than Naija.

I'm proud of Ghana though. We're all Africans!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores And Provides An Assist As Barcelone Beat Sevilla 4-0 / FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List / Soccer Stars Project Confirms 22 Players From Akwa Ibom, Set For Abuja Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.