Stats: 3,157,926 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Is Something Wrong With Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Something Wrong With Me? (5227 Views)

Sex With A 19 Year Old Today: Is Something Wrong With Me? / I'm Sexually Attracted To This Girl. Is Something Wrong With Me? / Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? (2) (3) (4)

Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
I'm not a newbie, i created this moniker for the sake of anonymity...

To my question, is something wrong with me?

I'm a single mum in my late 20s , my ex-husband and i went our separate ways almost two years and we are in the final stages of divorce.

I've not dated anyone since then and i have only been attracted to a guy, a married man so I kept it moving. These days I keep wondering if all is well, nothing is holding back but I'm just not so concerned about dating.
I cant remember the last time I met a man and had even a tiny bit of interest in him...maybe because I have a lot on mind most of the time. I'm not even sure of how to start again, I spend most of my free time at home...I think I'm just not looking forward to the ups and downs that come with relationships. The different stories on BOM and Joro's page just leave me tired, like what's the point.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by MrSensor(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
kiss yes, something is wrong with you. go back to your husband and apologize. At 28 and you already "divorced" you're husband? Nonsense.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by samysmoothfresh: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Pocohantas, marialavina, kimbraa and the likes, over to you

#i'm out

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Olalan(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
Seems your sub conscious mind still carries some hurt about relationship from your experience with your ex husband.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
Olalan:
Seems your sub conscious mind still carries some hurt about relationship from your experience with your ex husband.

You are right about that, things got pretty messy before we separated. And I also got to find out about some other things he was doing later on. He was my first and only bf, as they say, first cut is the deepest...

I can't imagine going through such again...and I'm tired of being alone embarassed I'm so confused.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by DaddyNimo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
this world sef, single mom sef dey dey picky.... smh

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
DaddyNimo:
this world sef, single mom sef dey dey picky.... smh

So because I'm a single mum I should date any guy that comes my way.

You don't have sense, I pity your wife/gf.

17 Likes

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by DaddyNimo(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

So because I'm a single mum I should date any guy that comes my way.

You don't have sense, I pity your wife/gf.
you should pity yourself for been a divorced woman at 28...were u forced to marry in the first place? as a single mom ur choices are way limited to single dads, older men, divorcees like u....no mother will allow her single son bring a single mom home to marry.....not even one as visibly sassy as you are.

17 Likes

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Cocao(f): 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Try to fill out your days with a lot of activities. There are so many life empowering events that happens all the time.

Build your social currency with this time. You can't find the right man if you are not putting yourself in the view of the right people.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2018
DaddyNimo:

you should pity yourself for been a divorced woman at 28...were u forced to marry in the first place? as a single mom ur choices are way limited to single dads, older men, divorcees like u....no mother will allow her single son bring a single mom home to marry.....not even one as visibly sassy as you are.

Like I said earlier, you don't have sense. Do you know what led to the divorce? Ignorant people like you are one of the reasons why women die in marriages. I know your mentality is limited but my choices are not. wink

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

I'm a single mum in my late 20s , my ex-husband and i went our separate ways almost two years and we are in the final stages of divorce.

I've not dated anyone since then and i have only been attracted to a guy, a married man so I kept it moving. These days I keep wondering if all is well, nothing is holding back but I'm just not so concerned about dating.
I cant remember the last time I met a man and had even a tiny bit of interest in him...maybe because I have a lot on mind most of the time. I'm not even sure of how to start again, I spend most of my free time at home...I think I'm just not looking forward to the ups and downs that come with relationships. The different stories on BOM and Joro's page just leave me tired, like what's the point.
You're still very young with a lot ahead of you. Don't get desperate so you don't make the same mistake twice. It's normal to feel uninterested-they say "Once beaten, twice shy" love will happen when it will, and most times, it happens in unexpected moments. There's nothing wrong with you considering the fact that your ex husband was your first love, withdrawal from men is expected when one can't take them for their words anymore. Just focus on doing the most important things right now, and try to purge your mind of any form of hate.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Supremor(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just be open to start again, don't be paranoid and believe in love, yours will find you.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by ashjay001(m): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

Like I said earlier, you don't have sense. Do you know what led to the divorce? Ignorant people like you are one of the reasons why women die in marriages. I know your mentality is limited but my choices are not. wink

Since u av sense, I hope u get this. It really doesn't get any better. Every relationship, generally has something u battle over. And, if u don't go into a relationship, how do u get a perfect fit.

Seems everyone is lonely n once dey get their hooks into u, it becomes difficult to disentangle.

U meet d perfect man, take time to know him, get into bed n discover he's a 2mins man. U continue ur search, while he's still mooning all over u.

U meet another perfect man, unfortunately, he has an ex, who still distracts him.

U meet another "perfect" man, then u meet his mom.

The list goes on. U wake up one day n discover a string of half relationships, all over.

It takes something, to meet d perfect match. Someone who'll take ur sass n roll with n u do vice versa.

Good luck. I'm weary myself

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by DaddyNimo(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

die in marriage indeed, after rushing to bare the title Mrs, u come later and act like a victim. did the man force u to marry, didn't u understand who you were gonna marry before u jumped in?? all these we got married after 2 months marriages....now ure looking for anoda man to pack ur life problem and give....goodluck to u and the new he goat.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dear Op, there are other important things a woman should focus on aside Marriage. Marriage isn't the sole purpose of life, it is just a part of it. Shift your attention to creating a better you ( financially, emotional, Academically, and finally spiritually). Be the best and watch people ( men and women) flock around you. People love to associate with a successful person.

Secondly, forgive yourself and your ex husband. Let it all go, shiit happens. Accept your past, wear it proudly. It's a part of you to prepare you for the future. Only when you have a free heart can you see the possibilities of good things happening again. An burdened heart can not recognize love neither can it appreciate love. Never be malicious, forgive, forget and find peace.

When that love comes, don't scare it away with suspicions. It's good to learn from mistakes,but never let them be the dictators of your actions. Open a new chapter and enjoy love again. Keep Calm Ma, that love will come. smiley

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
ashjay001:

Since u av sense, I hope u get this. It really doesn't get any better. Every relationship, generally has something u battle over. And, if u don't go into a relationship, how do u get a perfect fit.

Seems everyone is lonely n once dey get their hooks into u, it becomes difficult to disentangle.

U meet d perfect man, take time to know him, get into bed n discover he's a 2mins man. U continue ur search, while he's still mooning all over u.

U meet another perfect man, unfortunately, he has an ex, who still distracts him.

U meet another "perfect" man, then u meet his mom.

The list goes on. U wake up one day n discover a string of half relationships, all over.

It takes something, to meet d perfect match. Someone who'll take ur sass n roll with n u do vice versa.

Good luck. I'm weary myself

You are a confused human being. Fan or hater, you need to pick a side. Are you insulting me or advising me
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
MariaLavina:
Dear Op, there are other important things a woman should focus on aside Marriage. Marriage isn't the sole purpose of life, it is just a part of it. Shift your attention to creating a better you ( financially, emotional, Academically, and finally spiritually). Be the best and watch people ( men and women) flock around you. People love to associate with a successful person.

Secondly, forgive yourself and your ex husband. Let it all go, shiit happens. Accept your past, wear it proudly. It's a part of you to prepare you for the future. Only when you have a free heart can you see the possibilities of good things happening again. An burdened heart can not recognize love neither can it appreciate love. Never be malicious, forgive, forget and find peace.

When that love comes, don't scare it away with suspicions. It's good to learn from mistakes,but never let them be the dictators of your actions. Open a new chapter and enjoy love again. Keep Calm Ma, that love will come. smiley

Thank you for this. Although, I'm not really looking to jump into another marriage, these days I'm even more preoccupied with making money and finishing my masters. I'm just wondering whether it's weird for me to not feel like being with anyone smiley. Again, thanks for the kind words.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
samysmoothfresh:
Pocoha ntas, mariala vina, kimbra a and the likes, over to you

#i'm out
You clown!

Where are you flying to? grin
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
DaddyNimo:

die in marriage indeed, after rushing to bare the title Mrs, u come later and act like a victim. did the man force u to marry, didn't u understand who you were gonna marry before u jumped in?? all these we got married after 2 months marriages....now ure looking for anoda man to pack ur life problem and give....goodluck to u and the new he goat.

I glanced through your other posts and I have come to the conclusion that I was wrong to have even dignified your first display of stupidity with a response. Your issues are deep seated, so you can't really help yourself. Wa wa alright, laslas.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Is our mission in life love and relationships abeg

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks for the advice Supremor, kimbraa and cocao. smiley
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by ashjay001(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

You are a confused human being. Fan or hater, you need to pick a side. Are you insulting me or advising me

Yeah! U're brilliant, that's why u seek solutions to ur problems on SM.

Seems u're not that sensible after all. I was talking from experience, if u don't get it, u don't gerrit!

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
ashjay001:

Yeah! U're brilliant, that's why u seek solutions to ur problems on SM.

Seems u're not that sensible after all. I was talking from experience, if u don't get it, u don't gerrit!

Mr brilliant, next time you want to give an advice from experience, you don't start with 'since you have sense, I hope you get this'.

This is exactly what I was talking about, too many immature men out there. undecided

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by ashjay001(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

Mr brilliant, next time you want to give an advice from experience, you don't start with 'since you have sense, I hope you get this'.

This is exactly what I was talking about, too many immature men out there. undecided

You have sass. Most of us(men), can only take so much. I read ur comment, where u questioned a poster's sensibilities, I replied u, based on that.

Not u particularly, but too many stupid women, out theresad, but be claiming "woke"angry

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

You are totally normal

Give your pussy a break

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
Op nothing is wrong with you. Take ur time before jumping into another relationship but try and work on ur temperament.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
JamaicanLove:

You are totally normal

Give your pussy a break

It's been on a break for two years.

Let it not go and knock o, from lack of use. cry

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Op nothing is wrong with you. Take ur time before jumping into another relationship but try and work on ur temperament.

I'm actually an easygoing person, I just don't like people jumping to conclusions like that fool up there. They judge without knowing all the facts, I don't blame him though, it's obvious life has not happened to him.

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

Thank you for this. Although, I'm not really looking to jump into another marriage, these days I'm even more preoccupied with making money and finishing my masters. I'm just wondering whether it's weird for me to not feel like being with anyone smiley. Again, thanks for the kind words.
There is nothing wrong so far you are not living in the past I.e hating or holding grudges against Men, or getting suspicious at all their actions.

When you are done with what's occupying your mind presently, you will seek love again. smiley

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:
Thanks for the advice Supre.mor, kimb.raa and co.cao. smiley
You're welcome.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

It's been on a break for two years.

Let it not go and knock o, from lack of use. cry
LOL. You need the break! And people don't die of lack of sex. grin

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Military Lady And Her Fiance Who Is An Engineer / Check This Mind Blowing Water Bottles .you'll Definitely Like Them . / What's The Best Advice You'd Give Your Younger Self?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60