Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose (7245 Views)

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe” - Garba Shehu / “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London / Insecurity: Buhari A National ‘Mishap,’ Says Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by FlirtyGist: 12:32am On Sep 10, 2018
Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose has said he is not afraid of being probed by the incoming administration on the management of state treasury after his exit from power.
Fayose disputed the claim of the Transition Committee set up by the governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, that latest record from the Debt Management Office (DMO) shows that Ekiti debt under his watch has ballooned to N117 billion.

The panel made the revelation on Friday while turning in its report to the governor-elect.
Fayose contended that Fayemi is laying foundation for “an impending failure” with the excuses of the alleged N117 billion which he described as a ruse to hoodwink Ekiti people.
In a statement on Sunday by his media aide, Lere Olayinka, Fayose wondered why Fayemi could not avail himself of the opportunity to clear himself of the way and manner he handled the state treasury before the Judicial Commission of Inquiry which probed his administration.

The outgoing governor claimed that he did not commit the State to any financial institution in form of bonds and commercial loans.
According to him, “no loan can be granted without the approval of the DMO and the Federal Ministry of Finance throwing a challenge to the two institutions ti publish details of any loan taken by his administration, including the banks that granted such loans.”
Fayose said: “Unlike him (Fayemi) who was not courageous enough to answer questions on his administration before a duly constituted probe panel, Governor Fayose is not afraid of being probed either by the State or Federal
Government.”

“Ekiti State indebtedness stands at N59.5 billion that was either directly inherited from the Fayemi’s administration or incurred as a result of the loans restructuring done at the instance of the federal government and the Federal Economic Council.”
He gave the breakdown as follows; Commercial Bank Loan, N2,087,788,065.28; CBN Grant for Water Project, N163,450,000; Excess Crude Account Backed Loan, N9,545,173,472.78; Bailout, N9,083,761,215.40; FGN Bonds, N18,226,699,707.18; State Bonds, N3,484,469,345.51 and Budget Support, N16,869,000,000.

He added: “Particularly, the N10 billion grant released from the Excess Crude Account for capital projects was fund that should normally accrue to all States.

“Most importantly, we admit that the State workers are being owed four months’ salary and this was occasioned by the monthly deductions from the State allocation as a result of huge debt incurred by the Fayemi administration. Even the N9.5 billion bailout fund was for the payment of the arrears of salaries and deduction left unpaid by the Fayemi’s government.”

Fayose accused the federal government of deliberately refusing to release legitimate funds belonging to Ekiti State to his government.

He alleged that N22.6 billion refund on federal roads construction, N2.1 billion arrears of Budget Support and N14.1 billion Paris Club refund, making N38.8 billion, which should have been paid to the State since June is billed to be released in November to Fayemi’s government.

He admonished Fayemi to use the N38.8 billion to clear the arrears of workers salary, which would have been paid by now if the federal government had released the fund, on the basis of which Governor Fayose promised to clear arrears of workers salary before leaving office.

Source >>> http://gistmore.com/alleged-n117bn-debt-im-not-afraid-probe-says-fayose

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by FlirtyGist: 12:32am On Sep 10, 2018
sad
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Redxy(m): 12:35am On Sep 10, 2018
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by iammo(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2018
billion this, billion that, rather than using some of this funds to invest in something that can yeild profit for the government, they would rather spend it on projects with zero economic values and keep shouting government have no business doing business. if the state had invested in municipality portable water scheme they would have almost finished the loans from water bill people would pay, or a mass transit interstate scheme/ state metro busses, after about two years, he would have paid all debt and started making profit for the state

6 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by WebSurfer(m): 2:03am On Sep 10, 2018
I’m still wondering what states do with so much allocations from the federal government each time cos I barely see any progress on these states

1 Like

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by GentleMoney: 5:15am On Sep 10, 2018

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:16am On Sep 10, 2018
I trust u, Peter d Rock. sha just don't run away.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Olalan(m): 5:17am On Sep 10, 2018
Fayose will most likely have some time with the EFCC after he leaves office

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Nogodye(m): 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018
Our Governor in severe pain again...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by BigbamoAYO(m): 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018
This guy is planning to run away

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by mknigeriagreat: 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018
Let's see if you will still be in this country a week before the inauguration of the new state administrator as the usual practice of thieves like you. How come there are no credible leaders again in this country just a set of looters all around. Even the so called fayemi coming in is in no way better off. They are all rogues and thieves. I heard some stuffs about fayemi as regards ajaokuta recently and it made me give up for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by abescom: 5:23am On Sep 10, 2018
Efcc is patiently waiting for Fayose. I just hope the mouth he is making now he will still be able to make when in few months from now facts are presently to him by the crime watchdogs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by chrisxxx(m): 5:24am On Sep 10, 2018
I see no lies in Fayose's explanation despite not being an accountant. Truth speaks for itself.

7 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Zendinho(m): 5:28am On Sep 10, 2018
You better defect to APC now that the transfer window is still very free o...Learn from your mate in looting AKPABIO.
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by 247Dior(m): 5:34am On Sep 10, 2018
He explained with facts.. can APC who ran to the media that Ekiti state has a debt profile of 113B give us some facets?

8 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by mudiana(m): 5:37am On Sep 10, 2018
Fayose u better pray Buhari loses this election oh! If not you will see hell on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by jameso88(m): 5:39am On Sep 10, 2018
And the fight continues while the people/ masses are d losers. the truth can never be said yet they keep pretending they love d masses. Lola

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by hardywaltz(m): 5:42am On Sep 10, 2018
Ayo the noise maker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by janeIBfashion(f): 5:48am On Sep 10, 2018
he made a mistake, what I hate most in governance is not paying workers salary
the only mistake omoluabi made

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Kunlesina: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2018
The fact speaks for itself , the whole truth and nothing but the truth is on Debt management office's site. Please no argument. 117 billion is the real figure.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Corrinthians(m): 5:54am On Sep 10, 2018
Fayose is such an empty vessel. This man spent his entire time as governor chasing Buhari around.

So ashamed of him.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Trapnews: 6:07am On Sep 10, 2018
Nigeria, mortgaging the future of generations yet unborn, when will this stop? Even Fayose sefundecided
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by ivandragon: 6:15am On Sep 10, 2018
Fayose & Fayemi are both charlatans & manipulative liars.

as at June 2014, Ekiti's debt profile was about N46b & not N15b as is often claimed by fayemi or the N60b+ touted by fayose...

as at June 2018, the debt profile was about N95b not N117b as bandied about by fayemi but is certainly is far worse than he left it...

both fayemi & fayose are thieves... one spends on so called social welfare schemes (which is the real stomach infrastructure despite their attempts to call it otherwise) for which funds can't be easily traced & the other spent on needless projects from which he can gain from contract inflation...

1 Like

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by gigabyte13: 6:23am On Sep 10, 2018
Na so e go dey sharp mouth Now

After Wertin we go hear be say "am in pain ,ayaf suffer " yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Witnes: 6:24am On Sep 10, 2018
,,,,and when the EFCC shaking him now he complains, moan witch hunting but deep down, he mismanaged d state. I know diehard fans of Fayose will blindly support him shouting witch hunt too.These people are not 4d masses but themselves and family only.
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by bigtt76(f): 6:25am On Sep 10, 2018
Na so ...handover day e go don take off out of the country like others do grin

FlirtyGist:

Source >>> http://gistmore.com/alleged-n117bn-debt-im-not-afraid-probe-says-fayose
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 10, 2018
gigabyte13:
Na so e go dey sharp mouth Now

After Wertin we go hear be say "am in pain ,ayaf suffer " yeye dey smell

Nothing go sup jare
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by oladele00(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Hahahahaha... Kirikiri is waiting for you sir... A political sycophantic sycophant like you have got no hiding place..... God bless PMB
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by yazach: 6:44am On Sep 10, 2018
117 billion naira without any tangible project and you said you are not afraid.
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by oyeb15: 6:47am On Sep 10, 2018
Fayose is the worst thing to have ever happened to Ekiti State.

1 Like

Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by klax(m): 6:55am On Sep 10, 2018
Story story story let fayemi go to hell. Their is no single state without debt in fact apc states are the worst so let fayemi go and sit somewhere.

Another way to start underperformance propaganda. The way apc lies baffles me a lot seen fathers and grandfathers still lying everyday hhhmmmm God have mercy pls.
Re: Alleged N117bn Debt: I’m Not Afraid Of Any Probe, Says Fayose by klax(m): 6:56am On Sep 10, 2018
Story story story let fayemi go to hell. Their is no single state without debt in fact apc states are the worst so let fayemi go and sit somewhere.

Another way to start underperformance propaganda. The way apc lies baffles me a lot seen fathers and grandfathers still lying everyday hhhmmmm God have mercy

pls it's Monday morning I beg you all we can't start today with your lies or else......................

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Can't Function Optimally Without This Guy(photos) / "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends / History And Meaning Of Nigeria Army Motto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.