Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: (1638 Views)

PHOTOS: See How Two Pilots Allowed A Girl To Fly Their Plane During Take Off / How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by lolaluv2(f): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2010

I can’t remember the first time I noticed you…all I know is that; of a sudden I was aware of you. We were at training and there you were; tall, dark and handsome. You walked with a swag that could make hearts melt! I can’t say I loved you, but I was attracted to you.
That was during training and I kept my distance because I thought a man as good looking and desirable as you were, was sure to be full of himself ….
In the course of the training however, you walked up to me and we chatted. To my shock, you were soft spoken, respectful and everything a woman would want. I was single and I had an overwhelming desire to get to know you, to see if you were for real…but it wasn’t in my place to make a move; you were the man after all. We lost contact and I had to move on.
And why shouldn’t I move on? I had waited for previously for a guy, but he later bleeped me up and so I felt I couldn’t make the same mistake twice, I couldn’t wait for providence to bring you my way again. What if I never saw you again?
So I met a guy (Let’s call this guy Bros X) who told me he wanted a serious relationship with me. X really put a lot of pressure on me to date him. X wasn’t the only guy asking me out but I chose Bros X because I liked his outlook on life. X wasn’t the richest toaster I had but I felt he had a future. And I had never been moved by display of wealth; rather I have always been moved by a man’s way of treating me! And X at that time was sweet and loving and piled loads of attention on me!
To cut a long story short, I started dating X seriously. I started out liking X, but I later fell head over heels for him. Of a truth, X was my first love; I had never been close like that to any guy! With X, I discovered love and loving. We played, we laughed, we argued, we quarreled, we made up, and we made future plans. I made sacrifices for X. He made sacrifices for me too (but I won’t mention them here, for the sake of anonymity). My relationship with X was the envy of everyone! My love for X was true and pure, even though I wasn’t his mother!
Then I ran into you again….
You invited me to your house but I refused to visit. (I hated visiting guys!!! I have had doors locked on me (and the keys pocketed) by visiting the wrong guys. I have had to fight and struggle while a guy tried to push up my skirt. So I chose whom I visited very carefully and always looked for escape routes even before sitting down). But after a lot of coaxing, I visited you out of curiosity. I didn’t want to judge you on my past experiences… besides I still liked you and I wanted you as a friend though X was the one I loved and wanted to spend my life with.
At your house, we talked. You sat a respectful distance away from me and I must admit I was impressed by your self control. I got to know you used to be a cultist back in school. You told me only because I saw a ragged scar on your arm and I asked you about it. You told me it was a youthful mistake and it’s not something you were proud of. It was in your past and you hated talking about it. But you were honest enough to let me into a past you were so ashamed of. We only talked and when I left, a hug was all there was!
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by 0hsisi: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
nollywood movie.
true life experiences of a senior girl
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by lolaluv2(f): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
@Ohsisi-Sometimes, don't movies show what happens in the real? Sometimes don't you see a movie and tell yourself, that happened to someone I know? undecided

I don't know about any movie, I'm only talkin about what happened to me. Atimes, my life is so crazy that I feel like I'm in a movie!
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by Pweety4me(f): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
Ok cool.
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by daylae(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
When do we see this book on the shelve? I'll buy it.
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by 0hsisi: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
So I met a guy (Let’s call this guy Bros X) who told me he wanted a serious relationship with me. X really put a lot of pressure on me to date him. X wasn’t the only guy asking me out but I chose Bros X because I liked his outlook on life. X wasn’t the richest toaster I had but I felt he had a future. And I had never been moved by display of wealth; rather I have always been moved by a man’s way of treating me! And X at that time was sweet and loving and piled loads of attention on me!
To cut a long story short, I started dating X seriously. I started out liking X, but I later fell head over heels for him. Of a truth, X was my first love; I had never been close like that to any guy! With X, I discovered love and loving. We played, we laughed, we argued, we quarreled, we made up, and we made future plans. I made sacrifices for X. He made sacrifices for me too (but I won’t mention them here, for the sake of anonymity). My relationship with X was the envy of everyone! My love for X was true and pure, even though I wasn’t his mother!
Then I ran into you again….
You invited me to your house but I refused to visit. (I hated visiting guys!!! I have had doors locked on me (and the keys pocketed) by visiting the wrong guys. I have had to fight and struggle while a guy tried to push up my skirt. So I chose whom I visited very carefully and always looked for escape routes even before sitting down). But after a lot of coaxing, I visited you out of curiosity. I didn’t want to judge you on my past experiences… besides I still liked you and I wanted you as a friend though X was the one I loved and wanted to spend my life with.
At your house, we talked. You sat a respectful distance away from me and I must admit I was impressed by your self control. I got to know you used to be a cultist back in school. You told me only because I saw a ragged scar on your arm and I asked you about it. You told me it was a youthful mistake and it’s not something you were proud of. It was in your past and you hated talking about it. But you were honest enough to let me into a past you were so ashamed of. We only talked and when I left, a hug was all there was!
TO BE CONTINUED

lola-luv:

@Ohsisi-Sometimes, don't movies show what happens in the real? Sometimes don't you see a movie and tell yourself, that happened to someone I know?  undecided

I don't know about any movie, I'm only talkin about what happened to me. Atimes, my life is so crazy that I feel like I'm in a movie!

My dear let me speak from experience no good man  or woman
slips from anybody's hands
If for any reason you didn't see him good enough to be your man,he just wasn't good enough or you are not the right woman for him
It's as simple as that.
From the little I've read so far,you have issues with you
You need to heal from your past wrong choices by whatever means you choose because obviously some other men are now made to bear the consequences of your past tragic affairs.
If you don't do this,many more men supposedly good men will slip through your fingers until you deal with you.
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by lolaluv2(f): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2010
@Ohsisi-thanx for those words. I think most people have issues, and I also think u're jumping to conclusions because I haven't even ended what it is I was writing. But I get what it is u're saying! Just that it doesnt necessarily ring true in this case!

@Daylae-Really? Maybe I shud just publish it, abi?
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by nat138: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
Please continue the story already!
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by 190: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
how do u peeps manage in readin all these,

Its like i nid glasses of recent
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by Mudley313: 4:00am On Jul 03, 2010
from your story thus far. . .

you met someone you're very attracted to (lust), didn't date him, started dating someone you "supposedly" love and then met guy A again whom you're still attracted to and followed him to his house even tho you have a boyfriend you supposedly love

1. You're a selfish person. . .wanna eat your cake and have it
2. You don't know what love is. . .cos if you loved the second guy you would not disrespect him enough to follow guy A to his house. Thus, you don't "love" guy B, your selfish-self just thinks you do
3. You don't know what a committed relationship is. . .cos you'd have not disrespected guy B and the relationship you have with him to follow guy A to his house
4. You're driven by lust for guy A and clouded by the fantasy that comes with infatuation
5. I hope you're still young age-wise and will eventually learn from experience, if not you're the type guys should avoid. Very fickle and easily drawn by lust and attraction and naively calls it love. smh
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by vivaladiva(f): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2010
flease where is dis story going to
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by ayanfemy(f): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2010
pls continue your story, sure there are lessons to be learnt just tell us as it is
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by adaphik(f): 9:16am On Jul 03, 2010
can u complete ur story plsssssssssssssssss, araaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh.
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by Busybody2(f): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2010
Haha naija pipu with itchy fingers and pricked up ears, let her land na before diagnosing weda na jedijedi dey worry am cheesy No vex jare Lola-luv, carry go, this shombo is all ears grin
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by ikedeo(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2010
don't worry, am here for the las time!!!lol
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by tempest01(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2010
Bros x and y. . . .we still waiting 4 part 2. cool
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by lolaluv2(f): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Mudley 313-

I can see you think you know all about love and good for you.
Also, reading ur posts brought such a wide smile on my face! Why? Cos u have jumped the gun and arrived at ur own conclusion, its all good sha. U have ur opinion but don't tell me what I felt or didn't feel! How can u even talk when ur not wearing my shoes and therefore don't know where it pinches me?
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by lolaluv2(f): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2010
That day I got home and told X I had been visitin a colleague (which was true, because you were my colleague). X didn't really mind, there was this trust that existed between us. And because I thot he trusted me(at the time) so much, I didn't want to do anythin to let him down. I was plain with X, I always told him who I was with, who I was visitin and where I was going. He could keep my fone with him, I had nothin to hide! X and I became closer, to the chagrin of all those who had predicted we wouldn't last!

I didn't come to your house anymore. I loved X and I didn't want to be tempted into doing anything I was going to regret. I wasn't goin to put my relationship with X into jeopardy! X was my man, I was so proud of him and the man I knew he could become. I became so emerged in X, I would feel incomplete when he wasn't around. All I could do, if he was away was to mope around, I didn't see any sense in wearin dem tight jeans when X was the only one I wanted to impress and he wasn't around. I loved surprising X and I loved seeing his face light up with a smile everytime I did!!!

Then, one day, going through X's phone casually, I saw that he had been in contact with another girl. I was afraid, confused and angry. Was X cheating on me?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by ITbomb(m): 12:21am On Jul 04, 2010
Is this 'TO GOD BE THE GLORY ' or should we wait for part 3
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by double08(m): 2:08am On Jul 04, 2010
Mchewwwww I bet chico ejiro is d director i bet we already know the end just like them chinese film:you kill my father you kill my mother, I will revenge, now I will kill u (kung fu stance)hiiiooor!!!!
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by adaphik(f): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2010
Then, one day, going through X's phone
casually, I saw that he had been in contact
with another girl. I was afraid, confused
and angry. Was X cheating on me? ::::::FINALLY::::::: ANYWAY, THE QUESTION SHLD BE DIRECTED @ ''X'', HE's IN A BETTER POSITION TO GIVE U AN ANSWER: SO DO NOT JUMP INTO COONCLUSION: HE 'MAY' NOT BE CHEATING.
Re: This Is My Truth; How I Allowed A Good Man Slip Thru My Fingers: by Onchedu(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2010
So what's new? It's normal occurence for the majority of girls that ever walk the face of the earth to let good men slip thru their fingers. Why do U think majority of boys end up becoming men that think little of women?

Submit Ur story to M&B and they just myt make a good novel out of it for girls to read and fantasise about and follow and the circle can continue.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Take It When You Know Someone You Love Is Dying? / Should You Get A Free Day Or Two From Your Spouse Or Mate? / My Guy Always Insist That I Tell Him Where Ever I Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.