Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (10555 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Anti-atheism In Nigeria / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
Anyway, cortex is that part of the brain that regulates the thinking process and it does it in many ways...you should read about it. In particular the prefrontal cortex is the area that modulates rational thinking and it is involved with decision making too. This are all thought thinking pattern which we called mind.

If u accept thought processes takes place in the brain then we are on the same page.

U cant accept the mind is an abstract and then say it takes place in the brain again. That's why I said u should get ur story right.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
pressplay411:

The truth is I would like a private chat with you.
Cos while you see how useless god is, all I will see is how faithful and patient God truly is.
He was only trying to teach you faithfulness, humility and stewardship but you weren't patient enough.
You needed more discipleship.

It's never too late for that.
The truth is God never withdraws His gifts once given, He only withdraws His Spirit and Wisdom. Imagine life without those. I was like that not too long ago.

Here's my email pls, we should talk more.
Pressplay411@gmail.com
sorry you aint telling me anything new. My whole family, friends and members of churches i was part of have all tried, but all i hear are the usual gibberish

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
At least you know the mind can't perceive without the sense or can the mind see without the eyes? grin
Yes na!! When I'm sleeping or close my eyes I still 'perceive'! Abi is not my mind that is 'seeing' without my eyes?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
science is a continuous and progressive feild. Live the answer to the expatriate, ""the neurologist ""

Anyway you talk as if you are not ready to learn....

what are you trying to teach me? That thoughts are not a function of the brain?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

Yes na!! When I'm sleeping or close my eyes I still 'perceive'! Abi is not my mind that is 'seeing' without my eyes?
you cant call that 'seeing'... sure you get my drift

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
indeed it is an abstract part of brain process. We call it mind not cos it is a physical entity but because we need to name the process of thoughts embodiment
So mind exists abstractly?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
you cant call that 'seeing'... sure you get my drift
But I can call it "perceiving".
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

I have been trying to explain the mind concept to the dude from a psychological perspective only for u to come in and call it an ABSTRACT where thoughts are PROCESSED.

How can thought be processes in an abstract place.. I showed u ur error and instead of correcting urself u reply me with the above?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

So mind exists abstractly?
you mind is just like a computer program, it exists and runs only because it is enabled by an hardware.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by vaxx: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

I have been trying to explain the mind concept to the dude from a psychological perspective only for u to come in and call it an ABSTRACT where thoughts are PROCESSED.

How can thought be processes in an abstract place.. I showed u ur error and instead of correcting urself u reply me with the above?
what are thought made of, thought are simply elecro chemical reaction.......Now let me ask you a further question, where and what particular place does this electo chemical reaction located in the brain.

I can't write much , I will have explain the mind location to you.....mind is not meant to.be organ.

As i said you should know this as an affective scientist instead of me liberating you.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

But I can call it "perceiving".
if you choose to. But saying 'hey! I can see with my eyes closed!' then i wld ask you to drive with your eyes closed or read a book.... you get my drift i am sure

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by vaxx: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
what are you trying to teach me? That thoughts are not a function of the brain?
that thought are electro chemical reaction taking place in the cortex
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
pressplay411:

The truth is I would like a private chat with you.
Cos while you see how useless god is, all I will see is how faithful and patient God truly is.
He was only trying to teach you faithfulness, humility and stewardship but you weren't patient enough.
You needed more discipleship.

It's never too late for that.
The truth is God never withdraws His gifts once given, He only withdraws His Spirit and Wisdom. Imagine life without those. I was like that not too long ago.

Here's my email pls, we should talk more.
Pressplay411@gmail.com
Una over sabi too much. How you guys can be convinced to arrogate something only a mind reader would know or someone with CCTV monitoring devices would know baffles me give the fact that you are human like the rest of us.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by vaxx: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

If u accept thought processes takes place in the brain then we are on the same page.

U cant accept the mind is an abstract and then say it takes place in the brain again. That's why I said u should get ur story right.
i have explain it to you...
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
what are thought made of, thought are simply elecro chemical reaction.......Now let me ask you a further question, where and what particular place this electo chemical reaction is located in the brain.

I can't right much , I will have explain the mind location to you.....mind is not meant to.be organ.

As a said you should know this as an affective science student instead of me liberating you.
my i dont really get what you are trying to achieve here. Are you just showing you know all about how the brain functions? No one is arguing that with you. You are making it seem like you are telling us something new and revolutionary. We are not here to learn everything on how the brain works. The mind is not an entity of it's own, it is a product of processes in the brain which is what we call thoughts. One part of the brain cant be enough to produce thoughts. This is why i dont want to be dilly dallying with you. This info is not changing anything here except you are trying to tell use the mind exists outside the brain, then i wld listen to you. For now you are only repeating what we know while trying to prove you know much about the topic which is not a big deal to me

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
if you choose to. But saying 'hey! I can see with my eyes closed!' then i wld ask you to drive with your eyes closed or read a book.... you get my drift i am sure
I do get your drift. But....
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
that thought are electro chemical reaction taking place in the cortex
ok thanks for telling me what i know already.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
you mind is just like a computer program, it exists and runs only because it is enabled by an hardware.
Hardware, the brain? I can understand that.

Is what I see, perceive, reason etc the software? Or is the software the organic activity in my brain?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

I do get your drift. But....
what you see when dreaming is not a function of your eyes so it cant be said you can see when your eyes are closed. Rather it is a function of your memory which can be subconsciously or consciously manipulated based on your fears or desires

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by pressplay411(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
sorry you aint telling me anything new. My whole family, friends and members of churches i was part of have all tried, but all i hear are the usual gibberish

Of course, if you're satisfied and fulfilled with the way things are.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
ok thanks for telling me what i know already.
Vaxx is further repeating and confirming what we are saying. I don't where he is going with all this.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

Is what I see, perceive, reason etc the software? Or is the software the organic activity in my brain?
your brain is not just organic. It is also electrical. Nerves and synapses work with electrical impulses. These impulses are enabled by ions produced by chemical processes in your brain cells

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by vaxx: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
my i dont really get what you are trying to achieve here. Are you just showing you know all about how the brain functions? No one is arguing that with you. You are making it seem like you are telling us something new and revolutionary. We are not here to learn everything on how the brain works. The mind is not an entity of it's own, it is a product of processes in the brain which is what we call thoughts. One part of the brain cant be enough to produce thoughts. This is why i dont want to be dilly dallying with you. This info is not changing anything here except you are trying to tell use the mind exists outside the brain, then i wld listen to you. For now you are only repeating what we know while trying to prove you know much about the topic which is not a big deal to me
i am not neurologist, so I can't claim i know better.

I am only trying to explain the concept of abstract to you guys when referring to the mind....
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by vaxx: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Vaxx is further repeating and confirming what we are saying. I don't where he is going with all this.
ok......Maybe I am not seeing that way.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

https://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/nervous-system/human-body-make-electricity.htm

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
i am not neurologist, so I can't claim i know better.

I am only trying to explain to concept of abstract to you guys when referring to the mind....
you made it look like you were about telling us something revolutionary. Maybe that wld make use realise the mind exists on it's own outside the brain
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
what you see when dreaming is not a function of your eyes so it cant be said you can see when your eyes are closed. Rather it is a function of your memory which can be subconsciously or consciously manipulated based on your fears or desires
I am consciously aware in my dreams to the extent to which I observe myself in my dreams. Hence, 'perceive', as in "consciously aware of".

Hmm that sounds awkward. Like I'm asking you to take my word for it. True though.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
vaxx:
what are thought made of, thought are simply elecro chemical reaction.......Now let me ask you a further question, where and what particular place does this electo chemical reaction located in the brain.

I can't write much , I will have explain the mind location to you.....mind is not meant to.be organ.

As i said you should know this as an affective scientist instead of me liberating you.

U are not liberating me... There was an error in ur post and I showed it to u... Now u say u are librating me.

U said mind is an abstract place and though process takes place in this abstract place. Is this even possible?

So far I concur with all u have been saying which is no different with hardmirror's and Martinez's

For me mind is an abstract term that's why I told buda its not a thing.

Most religious people think the mind is in the heart that's actually what I am interested in correcting. Most don't know the bran takes care of everything with think the so called mind (heart) is doing.

If u say the mind is an abstract term stick to it and don't say thought processes takes place in this abstract thing.. That's fallacy
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

I am consciously aware in my dreams to the extent to which I observe myself in my dreams. Hence, 'perceive', as in "consciously aware of".

Hmm that sounds awkward. Like I'm asking you to take my word for it. True though.
did you notice where i said this memory can be subconscious or concious? Most of us are concious in dreamland. I am concious most time when dreaming

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
did you notice where i said this memory can be subconscious or concious? Most of us are concious in dreamland. I am concious most time when dreaming
Oh good. I didn't want to sneak it past you.

So, is the conscious awareness in dreams not a sort of 'perceiving', without seeing with eyes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Daily Blessing Prayer. Love, Prosperity, Success And Peace. / Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track. / Bible Scholars Lets Discuss Eternal Security

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51