Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (10574 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Anti-atheism In Nigeria / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

And you can't use all your sense to see the evidence of a creator around you.
which creator?

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

I can swear you're more stupid.....a God you agree is love & you don't believe in him...I'm speaking your language.
SMH. Superman, Batman and Robin Hood are loving people but I don't believe in them. Am I stupid for not believing in them?

2 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Ahn ahn! You implied that if he is looking for a humble christian in you then he is wasting his time because you are trash him. Didn't the bible say we should be humble? By their fruits we shall know them, isn't it? Where are the fruits of the Spirit in you? Why haven't you studied to show thyself approved? Don't yahweh exalt the humble and humble the proud?
he does not have a bible, possible does not go to church, possibly not a christian. I should expect any christian to know god despises the proud and gives grace to the humble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

There is nothing like mind... There is just brain
Really? You've got me wondering, what it is that thinks in me that ponders things and deliberates?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Ahn ahn! You implied that if he is looking for a humble christian in you then he is wasting his time because you are trash him. Didn't the bible say we should be humble? By their fruits we shall know them, isn't it? Where are the fruits of the Spirit in you? Why haven't you studied to show thyself approved? Don't yahweh exalt the humble and humble the proud?

Since you can't read let me

Jeremiah 9:23-24 New International Version (NIV)

23 This is what the Lord says:

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
or the strong boast of their strength
or the rich boast of their riches,

24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord
HardMirror:
he does not have a bible, possible does not go to church, possibly not a christian. I should expect any christian to know god despises the proud and gives grace to the humble
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

And you can't use all your sense to see the evidence of a creator around you.

lol... which one is all ur senses? is smell part of it? no i cannot smell nor taste the creator, neither can i see it.

3 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

No, it's not a waste of time please! Many are learning from this conversation! Besides, the person being spoken to will reflect someday, as Martinez19 has pointed out with this thread.

Always bear it in mind please that intelligent and wisely written words are never wasted. They are like good seeds that seek out good soil and even make rain fall so they can grow and produce abundant fruit.

you are right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

Really? You've got me wondering, what it is that thinks in me that ponders things and deliberates?

everything happens in ur brain. Mind is just a meaningless word people use to describe activities happening in the brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

your brain. That is why chemical substances like drugs can affect your thoughts because the alter the networking of your brain cells. Remove the brain and there cant be thoughts. Infuse the brain with the right chemicals and you can alter the thoughts of a man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord
i want to guess you are still searching for a proof for god. How much time should we give you?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord
Lol. How does this relate to the discussion? HardMirror and I never said you should boast even though you were saying that you will trash me, that I am no match for you in biblical literacy and you would outdo any pastor I have met I my life. All what HardMirror and I were saying is that you should be humble. You are worse than butterflylion.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
i want to guess you are still searching for a proof for god. How much time should we give you?

I'm not responding to you again. Answer the question I asked then I'll answer your question.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

Who said there is a holy spirit in me. Oga let's talk like laymen & atheist, leave God & religion aside. Empty barrel.
@blue
We don't need to tell you this. You should believe that the holy spirit is in you, that's if you studied the bible.

Wow! leave God and religion aside? You now want to assume the position of a layman?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
your brain. That is why chemical substances like drugs can affect your thoughts because the alter the networking of your brain cells. Remove the brain and there cant be thoughts. Infuse the brain with the right chemicals and you can alter the thoughts of a man
I don't want to agree! Surely, I have something that transcends (yuk!) the mushy thing in my head called brain despite full well knowing that when that mushy substance is removed, brain activity stops!

There! "Brain activity" is the function called mind! Or is that incorrect?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by budaatum: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

everything happens in ur brain. Mind is just a meaningless word people use to describe activities happening in the brain
Aha! "Activities happening in the brain"! Strong enough activity to at least accept it happens. Why say naming that activity is "meaningless"? Is the "activities happening in the brain" not meaningful?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

Aha! "Activities happening in the brain"! Strong enough activity to at least accept it happens. Why say naming that activity is "meaningless"? Is the "activities happening in the brain" not meaningful?

I actually used the word meaningless because people actually refer the word 'mind' to be somewhere else rather than the brain. There is actually no location in the brain called the mind.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

I'm not responding to you again. Answer the question I asked then I'll answer your question.

u can sure respond to me...
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
budaatum:

I don't want to agree! Surely, I have something that transcends (yuk!) the mushy thing in my head called brain despite full well knowing that when that mushy substance is removed, brain activity stops!

There! "Brain activity" is the function called mind! Or is that incorrect?
of course. As i explained before, the fact that chemicals can alter your thoughts shows that the brain is centre to it all. Same way everything you have the capacity to think about is a function of what your brain processes, what you see, what you hear etc. These are the data that makes up your thoughts. Without them what would you think?

Also notice you only think in a language you know. Eg english that is because that is what you hear and your brain stores. Parts of your brain can be cut off and you wont be able to think again. Go read about lobotomy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Is this a question? sad. The mind is a property of a living brain. Haba!

Can you scientifically prove that the mind is the property of the brain?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

hahahaha. At the beginning he was forming boss, now he is running away. Since yesterday he could not answer a simple question now he is trying to deflect attention from himself. What a joke. Keep searching for your proof of god as creator. I know if you had it, you wld have said it since being the arrogant guy you are. But you are humbled now that you know you dont have any proof after failing to equate god with air

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

lobotomy is a proof.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

oga define mind
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

oga define mind
dont stress him. Lobotomy is enough. If he cant understand that, then there is a bigger issue here than just trying to get answers.

Any sincere person knows that lobotomy alters the mind. If that alone does not show that the mind is a function of the brain then such a doubter is not ready to be honest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/lobotomy2.htm

Lobotomy affects who you are so much it is even called 'SOUL SURGERY '

Your brain is your mind nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by sonmvayina(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

lol... what other sense did u use to prove God?

sense of smell? hearing? touch? balance? please what sense did u use to send a being called God please.

i used sense of feeling to sense air... whats urs for God

Make una leave the guy oh... He is just fighting tooth and nail, he just doesn't want to entertain or accept the fact that he has lived his life believeing a lie..

From where e go start?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by suregalluv(f): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
It baffles me that all atheists seem to fight against the fact that there is a Sovereign Creator which made the heavens and the earth. They don't go and show their "power" when it comes to spiritualists and other workers of the devil. All their strength is against Christianity. Embrace Him now, the time shall come when He shall gather His elects and all those who have vowed to remain in darkness will finally open their eyes but it'll be too late.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by pressplay411(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
it is a two stage process.

1. Knowledge, getting a contrary argument to what you believe

2. Being honest to admit the bullcrap you have believed all your life.

Most people wont calm down to examine the counter arguments hence they never get to even be sincere to accept them.

We all yearn for the truth that is why almost everyone once wondered where god came from as kids. But we all kill that thought because we are afraid of the supposed consequences of questioning 'god'

I remember reading your thread about a year ago.
Glad to come across you again.
I was particularly fascinated by your story since you experienced God, spoke in tongues, even performed miracles. But along the line, some disappointments came that shook your faith.
Will you say, you lost your faith in God too early?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
pressplay411:

I remember reading your thread about a year ago.
Glad to come across you again.
I was particularly fascinated by your story since you experienced God, spoke in tongues, even performed miracles. But along the line, some disappointments came that shook your faith.
Will you say, you lost your faith in God too early?
too early? I think it was even too late. I had wasted all the free time i had in university for fellowship and god. It is fascinating that i could not see that those miracles were never a function of god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
suregalluv:
It baffles me that all atheists seem to fight against the fact that there is a Sovereign Creator which made the heavens and the earth. They don't go and show their "power" when it comes to spiritualists and other workers of the devil. All their strength is against Christianity. Embrace Him now, the time shall come when He shall gather His elects and all those who have vowed to remain in darkness will finally open their eyes but it'll be too late.
stop assuming where were you when hahn and i were fighting a babalawo here on nairaland? Stop spewing rubbish pls. His monica is babalawos check him out. Many nairalanders were afraid of him and respected him but we disgraced him here severally. He was always threatening to curse us bla bla bla.... dont know the silly spiritualists you are afraid of

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by pressplay411(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
too early? I think it was even too late. I had wasted all the free time i had in university for fellowship and god. It is fascinating that i could not see that those miracles were never a function of god.

Have you been performing miracles ever since?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Immorttal: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
@ Martinez19 you were never a true christian. grin wink
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
pressplay411:

Have you been performing miracles ever since?
no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building / Chilling Confessions Of A Zambian Satanist!!! / I Condemn The Paris Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.