Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! (13444 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by CarlosVent(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
heis dating d people dat gave him d job. pls look for love elsewhere
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by chino4(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
He isnt the one for u dear,just let him go.Someone who would adore the very ground on which u walk is coming and when he does do give him a chance.
ciao
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by dolu2007(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
One of those things

Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by denny4ril: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2010
;d if ur man is behaving somehow because he now has a job, leave the guy alone if he does not want u again and he will come back to u. never get so desperate in life or u will live to regret it later.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ujujoan:

Then you know little about how the human minds work!

That's why I never date broke guys, cos they r never really their true self untill they have a few extra cash in their pocket! undecided

A man might try to stick to a woman when he feels he needs the financial assistance butwhat happens when he doesnt anymore

@ Poster!

You are lucky you didnt marry him and end up finding out this part of him. Just leave him and face your life, he's not worth the stress!

blah blah blah

rich dude dont fly up and down: Nowadays, rich dudes go after rich gurls-scratch that

ur last line is straight from the pit of hell

how u give wicked advices on a weekday?

they have issues, whatever is troubling the man will ease off soon and they'll be back to their lovey dovey state

u dont give wicked advices anymore on this blog or ill whoop ur bum
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Ranoscky(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
@poster

I'v been through the drama that u'r going through now (by my ex-GF) and i know how painful it was! i'll give u some jist about it later. i ain't gat sommh to share with u now but i'll advice u to stick with @slyfoxxjoe and @stephnina's advice. it's kinda similar to my own advice sha, dough, i won't say my advice or theirs is the best but atleat it might help a little. just be urself, keep ur head up!  but if u ask me, @stephnina's 1st post surves it all. that's ma mind!

***omo mehn, but no be small tin O! my x-GF REALLY show me the road to wickedness to gurls but i'm not that type***
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by KennyG6(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

at kenny G its obvious u dont know the power of money and the effects it has on most (black) men.

Of course i know the power of money, the poster is a classic example afterall she(the poster) paid for the guy's love/affection and now that the guy is financially independent of the poster her position in his life now redundant,
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by sirt1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

at kenny G its obvious u dont know the power of money and the effects it has on most[b] (black) men[/b]. the bible knew what it was saying when it pointed out[b] money is the root of evil[/b]. its the only thing that can make a man go mad over night. it turns brothers against each other, friends into enemies, child against its own parents, it divied families, u think it doesnt have the power to turn a guy against a common girlfriend i assure u if u unexpectedly won £5,000,000 by tomorow morning u wouldnt even recognize urself u would be doing and saying things u never even  knew u where capable of.  as some one already said ,"the true character of a man is known when he is rich" but that applies mostly to the weak and shallow minded guys who thing money is the begining and end of the world(and beliv me 80% of nigerian guys fall into this category). another thing i know is love is ALWAYS stronger than money. a man who really loves his woman wont ditch or mistreat her when hes rich,instead he will be looking for ways to spoil her and make her feel special. im sorry to tell u babes but this guy never really loved u! he was only sticking with u back then probably becuz u where the only woman willing to date him in his broke situation and losing u to a richer guy would have been the last straw that would have completely shattered his self estime. the sad thing about relationships is most times, one way or another one person ends up used and ditched. just free the guy babe and trust me, hes karma will catch up with him sooner or later.

@ slyfoxxjoe

Money is not root of evil, but the love of money. So don't misquote bible.

what has colour got to do with character?, this speaks a lot about you.

Ujujoan:

Then you know little about how the human minds work!

That's why I never date broke guys, cos they r never really their true self untill they have a few extra cash in their pocket!  undecided

A man might try to stick to a woman when he feels he needs the financial assistance butwhat happens when he doesnt anymore

@ Poster!

You are lucky you didnt marry him and end up finding out this part of him. Just leave him and face your life, he's not worth the stress!

@ Ujujoan

Am I correct to call ladies like you gold diggers? I can bet it, that is more reasons why ladies like you got laid and be sent away. Learn how to protect ur dignity. Your body aren't for sale.

@ All

Human beings are prone to changes, even ladies too are not exempted
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by xtremeidea(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
Please leave him and come to me n i will give u joy!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Pharoh: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hmm interesting thread.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lydosky: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
Then, he doesnt tell me stuff anymore. I don't know what his plans, his activities, etc. he's getting more secretive by the day!

There's still loads of other things he does,

I think U should give him space, if he comes back good for you and if he didn't, take heart @least you have done such for guys b4 (NEMESIS)

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by cold(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
I think i'll go with Kenny G on this one.There are two sides to every story,the guy may hav his own story to tell.Probably she's been making snide remarks & taunting him albeit sarcastically & the guy had been bottling it all up patiently waitin for the table to turn.
Now it's payback time!!
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Bigsolo88: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Dt's life 4 guys. U are FUFU (AKPU) i think d guy is fed up of akpu, he want 2 take pounded yam (iyan)
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
this ujujoan sef. The way she talks you'd think even rich guys gave her the time of day. You shld have hooked one by now no?  grin Like tkb said, rich guys also gravitate towards women like them . . . not you.

@ topic, its not your fault. . . things happen. Dry your tears and move on. . . God will surely bring you your own. the lesson here is for other girls like you who install themselves as WIVES even before the guy has made up his mind. That you stuck to him when he was poor does not mean he is obligated to you now afterall you claimed he never asked anything from you. Neither did he promise you marriage or remaining your bf after he hit pay dirt. He's not yours, you're simply crying because you thot now you shld be eating where you did not sow . . .
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Pweety4me(f): 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2010
^Fine guy so wa? wink
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
Pweety4me:

^Fine guy so wa? wink

lol we dey kampe, thanks. Sure you're doing good too.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by FARAMADE(m): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

at kenny G its obvious u dont know the power of money and the effects it has on most (black) men. the bible knew what it was saying when it pointed out money is the root of evil. its the only thing that can make a man go mad over night. it turns brothers against each other, friends into enemies, child against its own parents, it divied families, u think it doesnt have the power to turn a guy against a common girlfriend i assure u if u unexpectedly won £5,000,000 by tomorow morning u wouldnt even recognize urself u would be doing and saying things u never even knew u where capable of. as some one already said ,"the true character of a man is known when he is rich" but that applies mostly to the weak and shallow minded guys who thing money is the begining and end of the world(and beliv me 80% of nigerian guys fall into this category). another thing i know is love is ALWAYS stronger than money. a man who really loves his woman wont ditch or mistreat her when hes rich,instead he will be looking for ways to spoil her and make her feel special. im sorry to tell u babes but this guy never really loved u! he was only sticking with u back then probably becuz u where the only woman willing to date him in his broke situation and losing u to a richer guy would have been the last straw that would have completely shattered his self estime. the sad thing about relationships is most times, one way or another one person ends up used and ditched. just free the guy babe and trust me, hes karma will catch up with him sooner or later.

I was actually agreeing with some of what you had to say untill you said 80% of Nigerian men are like that, so it got me thinking and I am not really agreeing or disagreeing with that part but would love to make the comment below

If 80% of Nigerian men are like that it is safe to assume that if we pick 10 men 8 of them will fit your description of Nigerian men, so what I intend to do is that anyone who agrees with that part of the comment should pick 10 men in their own family and tell us which 8 of them is like that and please everyone start with parents  first,
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
@Ujujoan: Your comment about how you don't date broke guys, come, what you feeling like? You think the so called rich guys won't smell someone like you a mile away?
You think they didn't recognize your type when they were broke and struggling? Nothing personal, but are you in a good relationship even? You're acting like one gold digger
and guys will just screw you and dump you. Abeg, change this mentality, for your own sake.

@OP: It could be so many things. He might be trying to cope with the pressure at work. He might be working extra hard so as not to lose the job, cus he wants to provide and be there
for you and all that. It could be he's going through stuff he might not want to burden you with, and as a result, hes snapping at you, etc.
Why don't you come closer to him and try to find out whats wrong, instead of jumping to conclusions and posting this on NL?
Maybe this is just some lil insecurity on your part,
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by denitro(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
The best solution is for you to give him some space,
Sometimes we guys have to taste the bitter to appreciate the sweet. After a while he will come back to himself
and realize the errors of his ways, IF NOT,
Then he is not the right guy for you,
That's all I know!
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Africanqueen2(f): 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
wavemasta:

@Ujujoan: Your comment about how you don't date broke guys, come, what you feeling like? You think the so called rich guys won't smell someone like you a mile away?
You think they didn't recognize your type when they were broke and struggling? Nothing personal, but are you in a good relationship even? You're acting like one gold digger
and guys will just screw you and dump you. Abeg, change this mentality, for your own sake.

@OP: It could be so many things. He might be trying to cope with the pressure at work. He might be working extra hard so as not to lose the job, cus he wants to provide and be there
for you and all that. It could be he's going through stuff he might not want to burden you with, and as a result, hes snapping at you, etc.
Why don't you come closer to him and try to find out whats wrong, instead of jumping to conclusions and posting this on NL?
Maybe this is just some lil insecurity on your part,
true word.
Onchedu:

Learn this trick of being the woman that keeps the man she wants:

When a man is at his low points, move closer to him and be there for him. Reassure him and make him feel like he is still worth something  and will come out of the phantom zone eventually.

When success hits, become elusive and make Urself the prize again. U don't want to appear too available to a man whose levels has just changed for the better. He'll want new clothes, new furniture, new cars, new everything and he just myt end up feeling like he needs a new woman too forgetting U helped him through the dung he just came out of.
U can be that new woman by making it clear without being nasty or immoral that U can actually want new things too and that myt include a new man, "or maybe not?"

Supply and demand. Know how to control those and keep the balance in your favor and U'll have better opportunities at keeping the man U want.

For the guys, U want a tip? Don't ever let Urself get caught up in a web of a woman's emotions U didnt spin. If U spun it, U'd know how to move thru it and catch your meal. If she is caught up in those she created herself, stand back at a distance and spin new webs and guide her into them. Don't follow too deep, lead and when unsure of what's happening, stand aside.
interesting
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by leuelliot(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2010
DUMP HIM BEFORE HE DUMP'S YOU
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by kazman7(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
davidylan:

this ujujoan sef. The way she talks you'd think even rich guys gave her the time of day. You shld have hooked one by now no? grin Like tkb said, rich guys also gravitate towards women like them . . . not you.

@ topic, its not your fault. . . things happen. Dry your tears and move on. . . God will surely bring you your own. the lesson here is for other girls like you who install themselves as WIVES even before the guy has made up his mind. That you stuck to him when he was poor does not mean he is obligated to you now afterall you claimed he never asked anything from you. Neither did he promise you marriage or remaining your bf after he hit pay dirt. He's not yours, you're simply crying because you thot now you shld be eating where you did not sow . . .
lydosky:

Then, he doesnt tell me stuff anymore. I don't know what his plans, his activities, etc. he's getting more secretive by the day!

There's still loads of other things he does,

I think U should give him space, if he comes back good for you and if he didn't, take heart @least you have done such for guys b4 (NEMESIS)

best advice for u
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by GAYONAZZI(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hmmm
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
@Poster, I can relate, when i was a dead beat graduate looking for even 5k per month, my girl-friend on her N12k per month fed me and her family for months. So i finally got a job that paid N40k, my self-esteem blew a gasket and i finally started getting new clothes and perfumes, hanging out with girls colleagues on the same salary-range it was easy to grow egotistical having been starved for months. This started rubbing off on my supportive girl-friend and small arguments started and since i could now afford to eat, her food was just boring, man was i stupid, good thing was, i fell flat on my face a year later and realized she was still there anyways. but that don't mean your guy will lose his job, just saying that it takes a life-changing event to make a man realize that ego is for when you are with your male animals fighting for females not when you have a supportive girl waiting for you. Take am easy, be yourself and be supportive, but keep an eye out for better fish in the market  wink
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by kibra4u(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
I have an idea, just write to the company he's working with now, requesting for him to be sacked so that way, you can have him all to yourself. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Mudley313: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2010
one thing everyone here should keep in mind before jumping into conclusion is that "there's always two sides to a story"

this is the same poster who in another thread was talking about channeling her energy to another guy whilst she was in a relationship
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by chidichris(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
@poster,
i know exactly what you are talking abt. u have not used the right words women use in times like this(UPON ALL I DID FOR HIM).
most women enjoy their positions as decission makers whenever they are in a relationship like the one this poster explained above but they(women) find it difficult to know when the table is turned.
you might be acting funny all these while the boy was financially handicapped and because he is a man, he will bear everything and believing it was not a permanent situation so if he has taken back his rightful position as the man of the house now, i will suggest you change ur position to suit the occasion or u look outside there for another less priveledged boy to call ur boyfriend.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
Get yourself occupied with something else, let him breathe,
he'll surely look back soon than later if he
cant see his biggest cheerleader he will think of the dark days

let him fall flat on his face

you're not desperate are you?
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
You cannot force a man to be your if he isn't yours.

I have a friend's elder sister who was exactly in your position. She left the guy and about a week later she met her husband. The circumstances surrounding the meet up was so interesting that she calls him "her blessing in disguise".

If he's your then he's yours. If he isn't yours, nothing can change that.
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Newest: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2010
Just sit back and watch

This said it all

denitro:

The best solution is for you to give him some space,
Sometimes we guys have to taste the bitter to appreciate the sweet. After a while he will come back to himself
and realize the errors of his ways, IF NOT,
Then he is not the right guy for you,
That's all I know!
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Michael13(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
CHi sad

All i can say 'is such is life'

My dear, live before he starts battering you like a boxer. sad
Re: My Boyfriend Got A Job And Became A Monster! by Cohomology: 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
lola-luv,

Some questions for you:

1. How long have you been dating this guy?
2. Are you employed? In what sector of the economy?
3. What is your educational level? What field/course/profession?
4. What is his educational level? What field/course/profession?
5. Finally, is there anything he has been complaining about concerning you for a some time, that you think has not been addressed? Think hard and well about this question.

Supply the answers then I'll tell you what went wrong, and probably how to handle the situation. Though, you may have figured it out yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please What's The Name Of This (picture) / I Am Obsessed With Women With Big Bum Bum / I Think My 11yr Old Nephew Is Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.