Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career (62311 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by royalicon(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2010
If not for some PEOPLE with the Divine assistance of GOD, what would your career look like?

WHO is that person that has influence your career positively. Is it your Parents, Siblings, Friends or Role model?

SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO THEM NOW.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by AyoAina: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2010
My Thanks goes to God Almighty the giver of Life-cos whatever I am today is by his Grace and mercy.
secondly I'll like to appreciate my immediate elder sister D, she's been very supportive-she actually got me my present Job and she's been working so hard to get me a better one.
May God bless her for me Jare. (AMEN)
and may i hear a louder Amen
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by AjanleKoko: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
--My folks, for guiding me to study engineering. It paid off.
-- An 'agba' engineer I met during my IT. Taught me how to understand the electrical work, not just read book.
--My boss at my second job. Not only did he mentor and support me 100%, he also facilitated my move to my third job, where my career really took off.

--The Almighty, for sending these people my way.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by debosky(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thank you to my dad, for ignoring my tears and making sure I finished Larcombe's.

Thanks to Uncle Fred, for showing me I could understand mathematics without tears.

Thank you to my supervisor Peter, for giving me the freedom to take my thesis down a path that opened up many opportunities for me.

Above all, thanks to God for giving me the grace to meet these people and turning my 'mistakes' into opportunities.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by tkb417(m): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2010
All Glory to God almighty first that i could finish UNI and be alive to work

thank God for my employers where i first worked after NYSC

they broke protocols to get me employed. was employed in jeans and t shirt after 15mins interview

i thank God for my correct friend (pwC bigwig) who introduced me to them

and i also thank God for another friend/bro who introduced me to where i am today

all of una, i say a big thank U
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Carlosein(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks to my parents (especially my mum) for all the tutoring and raising me the way they did.

to my greatest anty T. (physics teacher) for extra classes and the 'kpankere' when needed grin.

to uncle fred, sr. adiza and uncle ade, for all the aid along the road.

to lecturers and tutors of ui physics dept. (profs madumezia, giwa, akin-ojo, hussein, ebun-oni; Drs awobode, garde, farai and all others). thanks very much.

finally to bruno, for the chance to prove myself. God bless you all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Carlosein(m): 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2010
debosky:

Thank you to my dad, for ignoring my tears and making sure I finished Larcombe's.

Thanks to Uncle Fred, for showing me I could understand mathematics without tears.

Thank you to my supervisor Peter, for giving me the freedom to take my thesis down a path that opened up many opportunities for me.

Above all, thanks to God for giving me the grace to meet these people and turning my 'mistakes' into opportunities.

did you really? i tried (with plenty tears grin) but didn't.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by kokoye(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2010
- - Thanks to my further math teacher in secondary school for telling me in front of the whole class that I could never solve any mathematical question - I had A2 in WAEC!

- - Thanks to my father for shedding tears and beating the hell outta me when I scored 17% in class three basic math - his tears turned my life around  - I had A1 in WAEC.

- - And thanks to the almighty God for HIS never ending miracles. I seriously goofed in the WAEC chemistry exam . . I could not sleep for days after the exam.  I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night, cried my eyes out and really prayed to God. I had A3 in that same exam!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by royalicon(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2010
THANK YOU ALL:

Uncle Kay who set my foot on the right path after SSCE. He also mentor me to be self employed after graduating from University.

My friends Moses Ofili and Ahmed Ojuola invited me to learn website design, Its pays me a lot.

My family have been supportive and very understanding in my present business dealings.

My SMILE also, is more than a woman in my home, giving every understanding, support and advise toward my career .

ABOVE ALL, GOD Almighty WHO HAS BEEN DOING WHAT NO MAN CAN DO in all spheres of my life.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Wallie(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks to my dad for giving me the one and only whopping I remember for skipping lessons after school…
Thanks to my dad for encouraging my hobbies…
Thanks to my mom for the prayers that kept me on track…
Thanks to my mom for the words of encouragement when I needed it…
Thanks to my boss Jim for believing in me…
Thanks to my sister for always being there…
Thanks to my friends for entertaining my crazy ideas…

Finally, thanks to God for providing the opportunities and the courage not to take the path of least resistance.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2010
Fisrt I'd like to thank my parents. . .for having patience with me when I was dodging maths class.
Then I'd like to thank my then-girlfriend (now wife) who was a class ahead of me and inspired me not to dodge maths anymore.Sometimes I thought she was a nuisance by getting high grades in school. . .
I'd like to thank a certain person who lifted me and my business. . .i'm sure he won't want his name printed out. . .
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Pitamack(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2010
thanks to my Dad for holding nothing back to give me the best education
though he's no more, sadto reap the benefits
i stil say a big thank u 2 him.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by madlady(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thank you to my Father for teaching me to rely on myself alone.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by lexicon(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2010
I want to say a big THANK YOU to people in the following sequence

God
My parent
My uncle
My boss @ work
Nairalander
My self

1 Like

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by BSF: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
All Thanks to God for giving me favor

Then I Thank My Dad who laboured to send me to FGC (those days)
I Thank My Ghanian teachers( Ms Mary, Mr Alfred and Mr Dennis Ochampo)
I Thank Mr Gerald
I Thank Mr Anosike

Once again I Thank God who made my way prosperous.

I Thank the orginator of this thread, who has made it possibble for me to say THANK YOU TO PEOPLE WHO IMPACTED MY CAREER ; using Nigeria's No.1 online Forum. The Blessing is on You.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by hackney(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2010
First of all thank you God almighty for your sustenance and gift of good health while i toiled in school.
it would have been impossible without you. FOR REAL!!

Also thanks to my Dad who kept promising term after term that he would kill a goat if i came 1st in class.
the moral support worked wonders!!
Also for demanding that i read engineering " because i already have a doctor" .
Also for the discipline\canes if i came 3rd ( " the people in front, do they have 2 heads??"wink.

Thanks to my mum for making me believe\understand that fantastic grade = fantastic job (that a good market sells itself)

Thanks to my elder siblings for keeping up the standard worthy of emulation.

Finally , a big thanks to my current Boss for believing in me though i told him i didnt have the core apps experience
he wanted ; now im training others.

i want to thank God again. . . . because i can  grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by exago(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
THANK YOU JEHOVAH. . . YOU HAVE ALL TO ME, . THANK YOU
thanks Mum and Dad
thanks Pst EA
thanks sweetheart
thanks sibs
thanks mgr
thanks all
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Pappij: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
All thanks to Papa God for being the number 1 always.

Thanks to my family for all the moral, financial and spiritual supports.

Lastly to my father of blessed memory for instilling in me the 'can do spirit',
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by matiltomd(f): 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2010
First to God who despite everything has been ever merciful.
To my mum,she's been my earthly rock honestly,
Career-wise,I'll always give thanks to Ms. Bolanle Kareem (OGBC) for believing in me, for giving me that opportunity to talk on radio,and I've not looked back since! Thanks a lot ma'am!
And to my Cookies,who says all the time that "Nike you can do it",
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by eShegz(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks first be to Almighty God for whatever i am today and so much more i will become,

Thanks to my late dad, who gave his last on his deathbed to see me go to the tertiary institution.
Thanks to my mom, she was (and still is) so supportive, i was such a naughty young boy!
Thanks to Mummy Sarumi who evolved a reformed and refined me,
Thanks Daddy Cole for those empowerment lectures,
Thanks to Aunty Ibi, who God used to make Agidingbi, ZX, and UK education and career happen,
And Finally, a big thank you to my Adetoun who not only forcefully ejected me from my comfort zone to this place i never dreamt of, you defied all odds in the process, see, we are are shining now, I will spoil you rotten, cause you deserve it and so much more, lol.

Gosh, and thanks to the OP for being sdo thoughtful, i was thinking i wont be doing this until my wedding day, so here, you prompted it!
God bless you
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by anitabest(f): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2010
Na God i dey tank well, well and my parent and siblings. they have being there for me.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by modupea: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thank you to God for He is always there.

Thank you to my father for doing everything and more than what a father can do. He was always there for me but a pity he died when I really got on my feet. He was a wonderful man.

Thank you to my Secondary school principal. He believed and he nurtured us. he did the pushing and his encouragement paid off. I will forever be grateful to him. God will give him fulfilment and peace.

Some area brothers and friends are worth mentioning. My various bosses at work, they know themselves and my wife.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by 0hsisi: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
To mom and dad who supported me all the way.
To my sweetheart who encouraged me through adult education for post grad.
To my Lord and saviour Jesus for being my rock and strength
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by 0hsisi: 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
hackney:

First of all thank you God almighty for your sustenance and gift of good health while i toiled in school.
it would have been impossible without you. FOR REAL!!

Also[size=16pt] thanks to my Dad who kept promising term after term that he would kill a goat if i came 1st in class[/size]
the moral support worked wonders!!
Also for demanding that i read engineering " because i already have a doctor" .
Also for the discipline\canes if i came 3rd ( " the people in front, do they have 2 heads??"wink.

Thanks to my mum for making me believe\understand that fantastic grade = fantastic job (that a good market sells itself)

Thanks to my elder siblings for keeping up the standard worthy of emulation.

Finally , a big thanks to my current Boss for believing in me though i told him i didnt have the core apps experience
he wanted ; now im training others.

i want to thank God again. . . . because i can  grin

grin grin grin grin grin

I like that!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by djojo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2010
First and foremost i give thanks to Almighty Allah for given me the strength,wisdom, understanding and knowledge because without him i will not be who i am today, and i pray he continue to move me to the right path.
My Grandmother is the first person for living with for for more than ten years while i av my parent alive
my mum i will say the next person though she got no money but the big word of advise she always gave to me give me the courage that i can be anything on my own without my parent and become a man.
my dad for paying my school fees till secondary level and getting me to work as an apprentice
my boss
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Superbrain(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ OP, God bless you for availing us the opportunity to express our gratitude.

I thank God for keeping me all these years and not letting me fall by the way side.

Thanks to my father, for promising me BMX bicycle if I took 1st position. Though the bicycle never came even after I achieved it, it was a strong motivation.
Thanks to my wonderful mum(R.I.P. Mama) for always being there despite the odds. You stood strong for your children and we are proud to be called your own.

Thanks to my primary and secondary school teachers. I can't remember a day I didn't receive a stroke of cane (it was that bad). Big thanks to Mr. Ajibilu for making me the Mathematics genius I am today.

Thanks to my childhood friend, the late Teslim, you were a great source of inspiration. To the others, Seyi, Afam and Leke, you guys are gbaski! I remember the countless arguments and the many weekends of jacking. There was no question in Abott we didn't solve!

Thanks to my 1st love, Iphy, you showed me true love and taught me how to treat a lady.

Thanks to my Uncle GeeGee, you towed the same path with my dad, promised me a sponsored masters abroad if I made a first class. I still dey on waiting levels,

Thanks to my pastor back then in school, P.Flo, you brought me up in the way of the Lord, helped me find salvation, and taught me how to lead others to Christ. God bless you for you have impacted on generations indirectly.

To my sisters (the three musketeers), thank you for all the ganging-up against me while growing up. It help me get my sense of independence faster than I imagined. I love you pieces,

To the many others I haven't mentioned, thank you for making my world beautiful.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by MyPeace(f): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2010
l want to Thank God for making every little effort l take to yield plenty increase.

l want to thank my friend Ann who made me further my education, after secondary l believe there was no hope to continue because of financial constraint, but she believed that with God nothing is imposible.  l am what l am today because of her push!

l thank my late sister Olivia, for her encouragement by providing me with basic necessities of life, and stood by me during the time of my studies.

l thank my elder brother, for paying my first year school fees, even when all my friends had paid and exam was about to start, l thought all hopes were lost.

l thank my husband for allowing me to be the best l can be in my career.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Damysa(f): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2010
All thanks to Almighty God for he has worked wonders in my life
And again my parents for giving birth to me, otherwise there wouldnt be any need to be thankful for a job.
I appreciate u both.(Dad and mum)

I thank God for my current job and I know a better one is on the pipeline soonest

ThanK you God for being GOD
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by alleno: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
Today i am a very good web designer all thanks to the following people;

Gboyega Shitta
Enahoro Asikia
Onome Eghaga
Ranti Familusi
Segun Ogunjimi

Thanks to them, one way or the other, these people have influenced my decisions to continue, challenged me further and helped out with advice.
Most of all to the Almighty for unlimited inspiration! and not forgetting the most important person ever, MOMMY!

Eemmmmnnn thanks PIXAR, DISNEY etc for those exceptional bouts of inspiration and fun!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by ireke(m): 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2010
My senior siblings whose performance geared me to perform well in my earlier years.
My immediate senior sis who insisted and pressurized my parents that i must change from Arts class to Science class.
Mummy whose tears fired me up when I did not make JAMB on the thrid attempt. (tears actually come to my eyes whenever I remember this)
My sister whose "pointless gist" with a stranger got me into a good industry just after my graduation
One expatriate supervisor in my office who kept encouraging me to change my career and work with him after he interviewed me and I refused his offer.
My wife who allowed me to pursue further studies to equip myself even though it meant I had to leave her for almost two years.

oops!!! It's supposed to be someone. Well, they are all someones. May God bless them all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Tcrack(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
ALL thanks to my sister who was always always always willing to help. i wonder what i would have done without her.
thanks to my mum for all the encouraging words, advice and for getting me out of trouble when i managed to get into it.
its funny how selfish i have become since i things have gotten better. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
Hmmmnnnnn, oro.

1, Almighty Allah. Got no words to perfectly describe your favour on me.
2, My big brother, Keem, now CEO StanbicIBTC Stockbroking Ltd, for guiding me through, motivating and advising. Thruout all the stages of my education and till now. You made me read Economics, when a naive me had already completed 'Biz Admin' and 'Banking & Finance' in my JAMB form. You asked, subtly, not wanting to be like you were compelling me, why not Economics, it encompasses all these courses you chose? I could have regretted it today If I did not go for Econs. You are the standard in the family and always looking forward to being like you, even though our own generation are less talented and not as cool-headed. You are the most humble person I have ever come across. How I wish I am you humble and cool-headed.
3, Dad, for providing the finance
4, Mum, for the prayers
5, Michael Taiwo, childhood friend, for building can-do spirit in me. Same primary school, secondary school and university. Could have settled for less in secondary school, and in Varsity in particular. You believe in me more than myself. You encouraged me to strive for the School's Hall of Fame(Distinction Students) in our final year in secondary school, and surprisingly, even to myself, I made it, second only to you. You continued the motivation at the University. Getting to Ife a year earlier than me, you temporarily accomodated me on my first day on campus, gave me all the tips I needed to succeed on Ife campus,and declared me good to go, with constant checking. I did not disappoint you. We both graduated together five years later, with 1.1. All these despite you being a staunch Christian/pastor and me a 'conc' Muslim.
6, My bosses in places I have worked so far. My current boss is wonderful, so were my bosses in Vetiva. I have always been lucky to have good bosses everywhere I work.
7, My siblings, and extended family, for believing in me
8, My good friends, Busayo in particular, for staying by me all times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Discuss Salaries / Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos / 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.